New Texas Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
Ever heard of a "muscle-gut"?

Isn't that because of the fat still in your stomach that somehow hasn't been burnt away?  Doesn't the Treatment just burn through due to needing all those calories for the ensuing transformation?

I'm ignorant.  Educate me.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Isn't that because of the fat still in your stomach that somehow hasn't been burnt away?

I'm ignorant.  Educate me.

Muscles and fat aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Doesn't the Treatment just burn through due to needing all those calories for the ensuing transformation?

It is mentioned to be a backfire effect, like the cowmazon variant or faux-cow variant or the cum-cow variant.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
Muscles and fat aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

It is mentioned to be a backfire effect, like the cowmazon variant or faux-cow variant or the cum-cow variant.

How interesting.  If that fact is taken into account, it probably wouldn't even be a variant in the end.

Also, is the "extreme fat burn" being a backfire mentioned when getting the rare variants during the Treatment or is it mentioned elsewhere?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
How interesting.  If that fact is taken into account, it probably wouldn't even be a variant in the end.

Also, is the "extreme fat burn" being a backfire mentioned when getting the rare variants during the Treatment or is it mentioned elsewhere?

The "rare variants" ARE canonically backfires of the Treatment. 

The intended effect of the Treatment are the bull and cow variants respectively

Last edited by a moderator:

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
The "rare variants" ARE canonically backfires of the Treatment.

I know they're backfires.  I'm talking about the fat burn during all the variants.

Why would the rare variants burn fat faster than the regular variants?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I know they're backfires.  I'm talking about the fat burn during all the variants.

Why would the rare variants burn fat faster than the regular variants?

Why would the Treatment turn females into amazons and males into faux cows?

And what does this have to do with musclegut?

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
Why would the Treatment turn females into amazons and males into faux cows?

And what does this have to do with musclegut?

If fat and muscle aren't "mutually exclusive" as you claim, then it should be possible to already get a muscle-gut just from the regular Treatment variant.  It'd make Altair happy, but it probably wouldn't be notable enough to be a variant.

As for amazons and faux-cows, that's a good question, but wouldn't answer my question.  Even if they're "rare" variants, it wouldn't explain why they burn through fat faster than the "regular" variants.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
If fat and muscle aren't "mutually exclusive" as you claim, then it should be possible to already get a muscle-gut just from the regular Treatment variant.  It'd make Altair happy, but it probably wouldn't be notable enough to be a variant.

I was referring to how muscle guts work in real life, but I suppose it could be a a chance proc of the normal bull variant.

As for amazons and faux-cows, that's a good question, but wouldn't answer my question.  Even if they're "rare" variants, it wouldn't explain why they burn through fat faster than the "regular" variants.

Because space magic nanomachines, son!

TiTS is soft SciFi.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
I was referring to how muscle guts work in real life, but I suppose it could be a a chance proc of the normal bull variant.

Because space magic nanomachines, son!

TiTS is soft SciFi.

Nanomachines.  Of course.  The true victims in all this.  No wonder they screw with everything that is "Treatment."

Also, I've been thinking, and something just occurred to me that may make muscle-guts in the game... problematic:

Can the PC even get a gut?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Also, I've been thinking, and something just occurred to me that may make muscle-guts in the game... problematic:

Can the PC even get a gut?

If you have 100 tone and 100 thickness apparently you have the "strongman physique" 

Also there IS a bellyRating variable on your character although it is currently only used in pregnancies and cumflation.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
If you have 100 tone and 100 thickness apparently you have the "strongman physique" 

Also there IS a bellyRating variable on your character although it is currently only used in pregnancies and cumflation.

Ah.  I guess it would be an additional chance for normal male variant.

Also, I've been thinking some more.  About the nanomachines.  Have to get it out of my head.  What if the fat was not just for muscle and height growth, but to power the nanomachines?  Then it would make sense.  Nanomachines are programmed give the variant to the corresponding gender they've been injected into.

But what if they recognize gender by reading the hormone imbalance first, then gender physiology?  Then it'd explain why the "rare" variants would burn more fat than the regulars.  They read the hormones, thinking it's one gender, but the host physiology says it's another gender.  It's not within the usual scope of the machines, so they have to "think," if you will, on how to make it all work.  This push the processors beyond what's usually necessary and would have to burn even more fat for the extra energy required, thus the "extreme fat burn."

That or I'm explaining nothing of value.  Take your pick.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Ah.  I guess it would be an additional chance for normal male variant.

Also, I've been thinking some more.  About the nanomachines.  Have to get it out of my head.  What if the fat was not just for muscle and height growth, but to power the nanomachines?  Then it would make sense.  Nanomachines are programmed give the variant to the corresponding gender they've been injected into.

But what if they recognize gender by reading the hormone imbalance first, then gender physiology?  Then it'd explain why the "rare" variants would burn more fat than the regulars.  They read the hormones, thinking it's one gender, but the host physiology says it's another gender.  It's not within the usual scope of the machines, so they have to "think," if you will, on how to make it all work.  This push the processors beyond what's usually necessary and would have to burn even more fat for the extra energy required, thus the "extreme fat burn."

That or I'm explaining nothing of value.  Take your pick.

It is basically "space magic". Soft scifi, Remember?

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
I know, but I had to get that out of my system, anyway.

On to another topic:  Super varmints.  Big T thinks they exist.  Does anyone else thing so?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
On to another topic:  Super varmints.  Big T thinks they exist.  Does anyone else thing so?

He doesn't think they exist, he knows for certain that they existed before, in the early years of NT's colonization. And since Tee only talks about them in past tense, I assume they were eventually wiped out by the colonists.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
He doesn't think they exist, he knows for certain that they existed before, in the early years of NT's colonization. And since Tee only talks about them in past tense, I assume they were eventually wiped out by the colonists.

If it happened one or two years ago in TiTs time, that would make sense.  Reason I'm bringing it up because if you talk to Zephyr about how she got her job, she pretty says somewhere that Big T wouldn't listen to her about how bad the Treatment was because of "super-varmints or some shit."

Personally, I'd like to see what these super-varmints were like.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
About Treatmenr used after Treatment. Wasn't it already stated by ingame lore it's not possible to get any effect after taking 2nd dose. Just sticiking to what we got after 1st does?

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015

Supersized anything generally doesn't last long once humans enter its habitat.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
If it happened one or two years ago in TiTs time, that would make sense.  Reason I'm bringing it up because if you talk to Zephyr about how she got her job, she pretty says somewhere that Big T wouldn't listen to her about how bad the Treatment was because of "super-varmints or some shit."

You missed the point of those conversations.

Super Varmints were a major threat to the early colonists. The (very early version of the) Treatment was developed in part to help counteract the damage done by the creatures: make the colonists better able to fight them and to reproduce to recover their losses. Hence why Big T. thinks the Treatment is great: it (in his mind) saved the New Texans from being wiped out by the Super Varmints.

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
Damn.  And here I was, hoping for a super-varmint threat we could ass whoop desperately fend off.

Ah, well.

So, uh... back to the nanomachines... are they hackable?

So, apparently, I didn't know Nonesuch and Ormael posted.  Thanks, notifications.  You do wonders.  :smugdog:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Supersized anything generally doesn't last long once humans enter its habitat.

Nah man, in the future humans have taken a break from conquering and warmongering to become peaceful sexual deviants.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Damn.  And here I was, hoping for a super-varmint threat we could ass whoop desperately fend off.

Ya know if someone write such enc and it would be quite well settled in lore to be explained how come we could still meet such supposely extinct creature and Devs would approve it it could happen. But I see too many issues to be solved first for it to even happen IF devs would allow such thing to happen in first place. For now it was said their lived in past and was...killed off by earlier generations of NT colonists.

Altair Hayes

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
The gut/dad-bod thing sounds like a straight-up backfire in the physical sense, considering the Treatment is supposed to make you a horny Adonis or Aphrodite.

I had meant musclegut, forgot the muscle part. But yeah, it'd be a backfire. While the Bull variant makes males wanna fuck everything, the Daddy variant would keep that, but also have the affinity to stay and raise a kid they made, hell, Dad-Bulls would probably raise kids that aren't theirs. I guess some of the key mental effects would be the urge to make a kid, raise said kid, and also make dad jokes in the process.

Even though the Bulls of NT are "sweet as candy to any kid" according to Reaha, they don't seem too concerned with raising them.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Dualitas

Oct 4, 2016
I had meant musclegut, forgot the muscle part. But yeah, it'd be a backfire. While the Bull variant makes males wanna fuck everything, the Daddy variant would keep that, but also have the affinity to stay and raise a kid they made, hell, Dad-Bulls would probably raise kids that aren't theirs. I guess some of the key mental effects would be the urge to make a kid, raise said kid, and also make dad jokes in the process.

Even though the Bulls of NT are "sweet as candy to any kid" according to Reaha, they don't seem too concerned with raising them.

I see what you mean.  In all honesty, I'm surprised that isn't part of the regular Treatment variant as it is.

Side question:  How easily accessible would New Texas have to hardlight equipment?

Altair Hayes

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I see what you mean.  In all honesty, I'm surprised that isn't part of the regular Treatment variant as it is.

Side question:  How easily accessible would New Texas have to hardlight equipment?

Exports on New Texas seem to be iffy.

But imports seem pretty lenient, so bringing in hardlight tech shouldn't be too hard.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Super Varmints appear.  Something interesting happens.  Cowmazonpocolypse!!!

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com

I think that's more due to the nature of the game. It's easier to keep children a mile away from the sexy content than have to constantly fend off requests from pedos.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I think that's more due to the nature of the game. It's easier to keep children a mile away from the sexy content than have to constantly fend off requests from pedos.
Big T is also extremely laid back about the fact that he has an army of bastards he know next to nothing about running around somewhere; he seemingly doesn't legally recognize any of them or support them in any way.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Big T is also extremely laid back about the fact that he has an army of bastards he know next to nothing about running around somewhere; he seemingly doesn't legally recognize any of them or support them in any way.
Him and pretty much everybody else with a penis. It's kind of weird how there's just some people running around with enough offspring to qualify as their own population group.

Planet Of The Steels when?

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Planet Of The Steels when?

As soon as Tavros is not big enough any more, I guess xD. It would be so funny to see a bunch of your kids running around the merchant deck... one day in silly mode.