New Texas Content Discussion (GENERAL)

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Originally, Steele was 19 at the start of the game.

That was bumped up another two years out of universe later, however, not all sources in the game likely got that memo. And about the same age isn't exact. And when Azra was talking about babysitting, she likely meant her teen daughters could have looked after toddler Steele.

Nexakrull

Mar 14, 2020
but I doubt anyone has the skills, resources and willingness to do so.

Captain Steele and his/her crew:
G8gF7rV.jpg

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Is there a way to reverse the Treatment?
Nope. It might be theoretically possible, but I doubt anyone has the skills, resources and willingness to do so.

If you talk to Dr. Lessau while Treated (or have taken Galomax), he has this to say:
...More importantly, they house within them a full transcript of your original genome from birth. No matter how you alter yourself, no matter what mutations you undergo, you will always be able to return to what you once were. And, of course, you went and found one of the only things in the galaxy beyond their ability to repair. I suppose I should have expected as much from a Steele. If, somehow, you manage to claim your fortune in that condition, given enough time I may be able to undo the damage you’ve done to yourself. I’ll need to do a hard reset on your genome, and lord knows what else might have to be done to deal with the neural patterns....
Individual cures may be possible, but I doubt you could make it a common procedure. At minimum, it seems you'd need a record of the person's original genetics. Obviously, not something most people would have. Since Ditz Speech can be (temporarily) removed by Dumb4Cum, it might be possible to remove other ways.

Of course, this opens up the question of if a Treated Steele (or anyone else) would even want it to be reversed. Most New Texans seem to like being Treated (at least the ones we see).

TheShepard256

Of course, this opens up the question of if a Treated Steele (or anyone else) would even want it to be reversed. Most New Texans seem to like being Treated (at least the ones we see).
Sounds to me like a sexual version of the Tranquil from Dragon Age: they're fine the way they are and don't want it to be reversed even if it's possible (and common knowledge says it's not), but if it is, they might be horrified at what they were like before the reversal.

Also, during The Treatment, Cass recalls that there is a way to prevent an in-progress Treatment from progressing further (and was planning on getting that before the mental effects settled in). I'm not sure if it's relevant to actually curing the Treatment (or even if it's still canon), but I think it's still worth keeping in mind.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
It seems like while the Treatment IS hypothetically possible to reverse, the mental changes completely override any desire to do so pretty quickly (especially considering they’re the first changes to happen). And canonically, everyone likes SOMETHING about what the Treatment gave them, even if it isn’t quite what they wanted. Cameron and Brandy are good examples.

Cam is clearly irked about being a Faux Cow when we first meet him, but it’s more because it made catching varmints nigh impossible for him as opposed to actually full-on hating his variant. In all his sex scenes, he definitely enjoys being a sub, and he still has the perks of a big dick and plenty of virility. And he’s definitely a cute lil boy charmer~

Brandy is only bummed about the Treatment interacting with her older mods rendering her functionally mute, but she otherwise loves it (and she doesn’t even mind her form of mutism once you’ve bonded with her enough, regardless of whether or not you decide to date her).

So imo, I think any desire to remove the Treatment is from an OOC perspective on the player’s end. IC-wise, we wouldn’t want to have anything reversed because we’re happy with what we got. Basically same reason once you’ve maxxed out Ardia’s dominance on you, you don’t even want to be cured of your dzaan addiction. At that point, you’ve already firmly made your choice, and that’s further locked in by the mental changes.

Reactions: Savin and Malidica

TItsFan21211

Jun 25, 2020
Is it just my imagination, or does taking the treatment make you weaker to lust attacks? I have 55 willpower and 1 libido, plus inhuman desire perk....

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Is it just my imagination, or does taking the treatment make you weaker to lust attacks? I have 55 willpower and 1 libido, plus inhuman desire perk....
Depends on what version you got. If you went Faux Cow, you also get Easy. If you have Treated Readiness, you only have an effective +7 maximum Lust. If you went Bull, you may be perpetually Blue-Balled due to a combination of increased Refractory Rate, Capacity and an insufficient increase in output (so you don't ejaculate a large percentage of your capacity).

The Treated Zil Male apparently has an increased effectiveness vs Treated Steele.

RedX

Jun 6, 2018
Will the New Texas brothel above the bronco bar be implemented is it still under development or will it be eliminated?

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Will the New Texas brothel above the bronco bar be implemented is it still under development or will it be eliminated?

Limbo. The person that was going to write it, Night_Trap is dealing ongoing rl stuff.

Reactions: RedX