New Texas Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
I was checking out the new faux cow Treatment content and spotted something that might not be lore-friendly. There's a little blurb about Steele at university, but according to the storyline Steele is raised by the nursebot, then personally by Victor, then shipped off to their job immediately after becoming an adult (to fit in with that 20 year prognosis). There wouldn't have been time for any stints at university, would there?

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Depends on the age, background, field of study... I'd expect an Engineer Steele to need some higher education, while a Merc Steele might've started in a more formal military before going independent.

Smuggler Steele would probably have to go for an apprenticeship program. I kinda wonder how one goes about such a thing, though? Put up a sketchy ad on the hypernet?

Reactions: ShySquare and Kesil

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Steele is roughly....19 by the start of the game.

Considering that Steele is the child of one of the richest men in the setting, and even with the austere upbringing, there's no doubt that Victor would want their last child to have every advantage, especially when it comes to education. Given Victor's wealth and the level of technology and the quality of education, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Captain Steele was receiving a university education at the age of 15 or 16 and then going out in their chosen career at 18.

Reactions: gena138

Nexakrull

Mar 14, 2020
So... I'm new here, stepped in NT just to unlock more about the story of my beloved Reaha and that shit really make me feel sick, each character I interacted with only increased my desire to jump in their throat and shout "wtf did they do to you?!", this planet is a dystopia of my worst nightmares and i'm sure i'm not the only one to think that way.
When will Mr Steele be able to use his money, influence and persistence to change the governance of the planet?
I know there is an emotional connection to fetishes related to this planet, but isn't that what choices are for? Just as we may or may not cause mass genocides, can we not simply support or not support a revolution for new government?
Seriously guys, just as the cow-lovers tell us to ignore NT, couldn't they also ignore the possible revolution that depends only on the MC's choices?
It won't hurt anyone, it'll just make some players happy.

Amazon Rule all the way up! ✊

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
When will Mr Steele be able to use his money, influence and persistence to change the governance of the planet?
I don't know about you, but I don't jerk off thinking about coups.

(Semi-)Kidding aside, it'll happen when someone writes content to support it. From what I can gather, none of the regular writers are interested but content from fans has been included in the game before as long as 1) it's well-written, 2) it doesn't disrupt the rest of the game and/or go against canon, 3) there's enough interest and 4) it's well-written.

Nexakrull

Mar 14, 2020
I don't know about you, but I don't jerk off thinking about coups.

Well, I don't jerk off thinking about coups either, but maybe Big T being a bottom bitch for some amazon would be something to appreciate.
Or an alpha amazon gangbang to celebrate the new future of New Texas, idk.

Anyway, but my suggestion is more for the desire to make an important decision in the story that changes the course of things.
Plus, it's utter infuriating stepping in NT and feeling disgusted by everything but upon meeting Zephyr immediately think "Oh Thank God, there's hope for this nightmare" for at the end of it discover that there is no quest related to her desire for change.

Last edited:

Strijoca

Aug 27, 2015
You know something, by playing the angel's advocate/defending New Texas because I like give or take 75% of it's fetishes, I would like to see a more peaceful resolution to the Treatment problem by making it optional.

After that, there could be:
-Some scenes with some families or others that are restarting their lives now that it is possible to live their lives on this planet without ever taking it.
-Some scenes where Reducto, Manup, and other items would be suggested for residents who are not satisfied with their transformation, if they can be smart enough, of course.

I would like this better than some poor souls (like Big T, for example) getting sexually destroyed daily by some bara snu snu women.

But unfortunately, I have no inspiration to write this, only ideas.

Last edited:

Nexakrull

Mar 14, 2020
Like, idk, I would really like to have a partnership with the new government of New Texas maybe to promote mass industrialization or something.

Expanding the Steele Empire!

Nexakrull

Mar 14, 2020
Well, that sucks.

Maybe one day my Super Steeles Army provided by Captain Khorgan will bring freedom to New Texas.

Nexakrull

Mar 14, 2020
Anyway, I still think that you guys should consider it.
Some hardcore capitalist Steele may want to see the galaxy burn and people running into their arms, idk.

Last edited:

Comproser

Mar 25, 2020
Aw... :/
That's understandable, but man...

If you'd like to see it so badly... why don't you try writing it yourself? If enough people were interested, and you managed to write it well enough, it could potentially end up in the game.

I'd start of with something smaller though - perhaps a small choice scene, or a diffent, single scene with some of the characters who would end up involved.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I really like New Texas and I wouldn't be mad if someone wanted to expand on it. Having said that, I think it was well-written, it served its purpose well, and has some great stuff to go back and revisit long after its involvement in the main story.

My only gripe would be that I'm kind of bummed that half of the explorable area is The Fields and there's so little to do there. That area is literally ripe for farming.

Comproser

Mar 25, 2020
In terms of governance - I too would love to see Steel become essentially the emperor of the galaxy - but I think that's more a dream than anything.

I'm also interested in more content for New Texas, especially a little bit of Zephyr. In the future, a couple of NPC's out in the fields could be good too.

Reactions: Nexakrull

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I don't want to dig through a 14 page thread to make sure it hasn't been asked or said so forgive me if i'm banging on a drum everyone is sick of hearing.

No one in New Texas seems to comment on my character having taken the treatment, i thought asking people about the treatment again might lead to some funny dialogue but so far, it just seems like a took ordinary TF's as far as any New Texans dialogue is concerned and that's kind of a bummer.
Zephyr and one of the bulls at Miscreant Manor do and your interactions with Yancy change depending on if you're a ditz or not.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I would also say that Reaha was written at a time when the basic gist of New Texas was worse. So that's not to say that she didn't go through crap before she left, she did. But a bit of New Texas changed by that point.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Are you sure, she was the first one i checked with since i decided on taking the treatment because of a comment she made about me becoming her docile cock sleeve and wanted to see how it the conversation changed. I've seen no changes though. Although, saying that, i became an amazon type, not a ditz.
I think it has more to do with if you've had children with her more than anything else. But the get fucked scene in her office changes if you're Treated

Aury

Dec 22, 2019
Steele is roughly....19 by the start of the game.

Considering that Steele is the child of one of the richest men in the setting, and even with the austere upbringing, there's no doubt that Victor would want their last child to have every advantage, especially when it comes to education. Given Victor's wealth and the level of technology and the quality of education, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Captain Steele was receiving a university education at the age of 15 or 16 and then going out in their chosen career at 18.
I could have sworn I read that they were ~21-23 somewhere

TheShepard256

Is there a way to reverse the Treatment?
Nope. It might be theoretically possible, but I doubt anyone has the skills, resources and willingness to do so.
I could have sworn I read that they were ~21-23 somewhere
Different sources give different estimations of Steele's age. The intro says the 14th Planet Rush is 23 years in the future (which would make Steele ~22), but the same intro also says "Approximately twenty years ago" (which would make Steele 19-20). Shade says Steele is about the same age as Astra (18), maybe a bit older (which would make Steele ~19). Azra (47) says she's twice Steele's age (which would make Steele ~23 if she's being precise), though she also says that she's old enough that her kids could have babysat them (so probably younger, but who knows?). Either way, Steele's old enough that they're legally an adult and can consent to sex, and that's what really matters. (I personally think Steele's ~19.5 at the start of their adventures.)

Reactions: QualityCuntrol