New Texas Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Big T is a nice guy, tho, and Zephyr is a dick. Simone isn't even an Amazon, arguably.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
@noobsaleh Big T is a nice guy to you, the heir to a galactic coporation who he invited personally. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, just that Steele isn't a position to really know if he is or not. I mean, the guy runs a planet that gives it's citizens a drug that makes it nearly impossible to be dissatisfied. There is some definite potential for him to have nefarious (or just selfish) goals.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@XBoxMaster131: Zephyr is already an amazon.

@Lancer: Other characters do mention that Big T is a nice guy. Most noticeable Ciaran, who was a nobody when they first met and still isn't in the chain of command. And Gianna, who was raised by him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Everyone within the NT chain of command (probably even Zephyr) is probably inclined or pressured to give Steele an overall good impression of New Texas, as Steele could be a powerful benefactor once he reclaims his fortune.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Big T is the only one in the chain of command, tho. Zephyr is just a secretary, Ogram is just a security checkpoint guy, and Gianna is his adoptive daughter.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Moreover, they don't really need Steele, or anyone else, as a benefactor. The people of New Texas don't really need anything they don't already have, at least from their perspective. The comment's been made before, but for a place named for Texas it's practically the social opposite, keeping the cultural trappings but otherwise being closer to a free-loving hippie Marxist utopia than anywhere else in the setting. The main thing they lack for is the ability to experience the full range of human emotions, and they don't seem to mind giving that up to just be happy and horny all the time.

I'm personally horrified by the place and almost never go there except when necessary for other tasks, but it's hard to look at it and say there's much in the way of dark secrets going on at New Texas. It wears what would normally be a dark secret proudly, and either you're turned on by that or you aren't. By extension, it's hard to look at the place and conceive of any kind of storyline quest for it that doesn't somehow defeat the purpose of the planet's existence in the game.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
I'm pretty sure there was some sort of quest discussed where it was explicitly stated the Treatment made everybody dumb and happy and horny. Multiple bad ends and everything. Was that ever officially planned or did everybody work themselves into a fever pitch over nothing again?

Vile

Oct 30, 2015
Any status updates inc for faux-cow treatment? I haven't played for awhile .. been waiting on new texas and other storylines to be fleshed out before I return for another run through.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Does the staff just not like the new texas world/related content or is it just too much shit to do right now?

No, we all like NT a lot. Fen's just got other stuff he wants to work on right now. Every Treatment variant is a pretty huge amount of writing and coding, after all.

Vile

Oct 30, 2015
No, we all like NT a lot. Fen's just got other stuff he wants to work on right now. Every Treatment variant is a pretty huge amount of writing and coding, after all.
Awesome. Thank you again for being so responsive. I've been following you guys and waiting patiently for a near final version of the game since launch. I wish you all great success in developing this massive endeavor of a game. lol

Oh and I have one final question. I know the Character Viewer is a big maybe in the future but will you ever opt for image packs of scenes/scenery or has the topic ever come up in conversation? I would love to see artwork for what a planet or city looks like.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I thought a "Character Viewer" was a big no, after the way the CoC character viewer ended up.

Also the fact that every artist/person who's signed on for doing a character viewer has upped and disappeared. The last major person who worked on it, it was suppose to be a character viewer for both CoC and TiTS and they were paid for it btw. They were given money to do it and they worked on it a lil bit and then upped and disappeared never to be heard from again. Can't remember their name but yeah.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
will you ever opt for image packs of scenes/scenery or has the topic ever come up in conversation? I would love to see artwork for what a planet or city looks like.

I doubt we'll ever to pictures for just background and scenery, but an imagepack is planned with pictures for select sex scenes and encounters.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
I doubt we'll ever to pictures for just background and scenery, but an imagepack is planned with pictures for select sex scenes and encounters.

What about planet icons? That shouldn't be too hard.

worldgen.cgi

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
@Savin
I was wondering, if a former NewTexan went off world to avoid getting treated, but eventually modded themselves to be "practically" Treated anyway.
How many bribes and blowjobs would it take to convince the government to look the other way?

It's not a deal breaker either way, but part of me really wanted to write this line...
"You can buy almost anything on NewTexas with enough of these," She says gesturing currency with one hand and a blowjob with the other.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
@Savin
I was wondering, if a former NewTexan went off world to avoid getting treated, but eventually modded themselves to be "practically" Treated anyway.
How many bribes and blowjobs would it take to convince the government to look the other way?

It's not a deal breaker either way, but part of me really wanted to write this line...
"You can buy almost anything on NewTexas with enough of these," She says gesturing currency with one hand and a blowjob with the other.
There's an NPC, Reaha, where that's her story. She stowed away on a ship to leave NT and later modded herself so she pretty much looks Treated. If I remember right, there's no sign the government did anything to stop her. But she doesn't go back to NT unless Steele takes her there. If you're talking about writing someone who goes back to NT and lives there, that could be different.

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
There's an NPC, Reaha, where that's her story. She stowed away on a ship to leave NT and later modded herself so she pretty much looks Treated. If I remember right, there's no sign the government did anything to stop her. But she doesn't go back to NT unless Steele takes her there. If you're talking about writing someone who goes back to NT and lives there, that could be different.

I was asking about a semi-possible character I was considering writing for. But true it isn't too far from Reaha. My idea kinda snow-balled from, "What if Reaha had a happier childhood and her family supported her decision."
Though hopefully I can squeeze in enough interesting ideas she doesn't turn into a Frankenstein of other characters.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
@SpicyShino Originally, the deal was that on New Texas taking the Treatment was mandatory upon reaching a certain age. I think I even remember hearing about a scene where some secret police dudes jump someone and force the Treatment on them.

That, combined with her distain for how slutty her family was, is what motivated Reaha to bolt. Needless to say, this caused a bit of a disturbance amongst the forums, so the devs retconned the part about the Treatment being mandatory.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You'd wanna ask Fen about that one, Spicy. It's real close to Reaha, though. I don't think we need more doubling-up on character concepts than I've already inflicted on the game KARA.

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
@SpicyShino Originally, the deal was that on New Texas taking the Treatment was mandatory upon reaching a certain age. I think I even remember hearing about a scene where some secret police dudes jump someone and force the Treatment on them.

That, combined with her distain for how slutty her family was, is what motivated Reaha to bolt. Needless to say, this caused a bit of a disturbance amongst the forums, so the devs retconned the part about the Treatment being mandatory.

Yeah I'm pretty glad if that got retconned cuz yeesh. Personally I figured an unwritten rule of New Texas was "Treated or Beat it", and basically anyone who wasn't cool with the system had to leave/find a way off world. But if it's simply not mandatory, it wouldn't break my concept for the character. Just that line. :(

You'd wanna ask Fen about that one, Spicy. It's real close to Reaha, though. I don't think we need more doubling-up on character concepts than I've already inflicted on the game KARA.

The reason I tagged you in particular was because I really appreciated your writing for Reaha, and didn't want to retread too much of the same territory. While the similarities are most definitely there, I thought my character's personality and motivations would show her to be more of a foil than a carbon copy. But for the sake of time and space I'll put all further explanations under a spoiler.

Fiammetta "Fia" Prousite
First and foremost Fia is a slut. She has been for years and she'll probably stay that way for many more. When she isn't back home shooting prons, Fia is cruising unexplored space in search of fights, fucks, and fortune. And not always in that order.

She's a statuesque, New Texan woman with fiery red hair and a smooth olive complexion. And despite her bubbly demeanor and unorthodox armaments, you can tell she's no stranger to a fight. Though with an outfit as revealing as hers, she might just settle for a different kind of exercise.

And that's her basic description for what I would call Phase I of her character build as a Higher level random encounter. At this point I figure I'll just have a google doc prepared when I post this. It'll by no means be final, just a first draft.

[EDIT] Really should have said this, but this character probably won't be found on New Texas. It's just that my initial question was about the rules of the planet.

Last edited:

Missfit

Dec 14, 2016
Hey all, I had a quick question about Ciaran? I really like this character, but the wiki has nothing on him and I was trying to figure out more about him? Does anyone know more on him or can point me to a source? Thanks in advance!