[RPG] Renryuu: Ascension

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2026_zpstfezbexs.png

I’ve uploaded a new game version for all systems. The update contains:

• A fullscreen option in the menu (it’s also possible to just press F4)
  • New UI layout as seen in the Screenshot below. Please let me know what you think about it! =)
  • A short scene with my artist Scarlett. Please note that it’s meant as a joke and she’s not really that horrible of a person.
    smile.png
  • New map items show pictures of certain parts of the world map with the names of all areas. This should make it easier to find every accessible map and locate areas you need for a quest. This change also includes new names for most major area shown by signs at the entrance of each area.
  • Merchant at abandoned village in Amagal selling red slimegirl essence
  • Some enemies are stronger now.
  • New CG scene with Elly.
  • New events with Sandra in a new dungeon. This treasure hunt with her involves some riddles. Please let me know if you felt them too hard or easy and if you managed to solve everything.
    smile.png

I’ll be away from home and limited to my laptop for a while soon so if you find any bugs or problems please let me know quickly. It’ll be easier and faster to fix it while I still have my PC. Thanks!

Download:

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --

Window%20skin%201_zpso27cyri0.png

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Enjoy your holiday - I hope to play through the new content this weekend and give feedback (PS - been looking forward to getting Elly drunk again!)

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@swickdick: For the second room check the stone pillars on top. Once you have done the right things you need to go to the closed door again. You won't get an message when the door is open and it will be closed again if you make new changes.

I made a very small update with some fixes.

- Hints for Sandras first treasure dungeon room have been improved.

- Dead plant as the treasure dungeon has been replaced to avoid possible confusion about it.

- Sandra and Ryen will now "share" the items from the final treasure room. This won’t decrease the actuall reward you receive.

- Made a change to the thief girl events to avoid getting the event with the portal at two different locations.

- Other small changes 

The walkthrough has been updated but I haven’t done this in a while so let me know if anything is still missing. :)
The RPG Maker MV got an update. I haven’t seen any problems with the game yet but if you notice anything please let me know.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
OK - got through the treasure hunt with Sandra (first puzzle was by far the hardest) and like the loot. The reward for this is an increase in Sandra's level of fun, correct? Also - need to comment that this quest does not show up in the quest log.  

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Sandras fun variable increases during the events. It's the first time I used it and doesn't have an effect yet but will be used in the future. :)
The events don't have a quest for them. But thinking about it again now a quest for it might not be wrong.

Actually, another grouping in the quest log could be events - like main story, character, etc...it seems to have the same requirements (talk to someone, go where they say, complete the actions, get reward - in this case it was fun, not relationship points...

Last edited by a moderator:

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016

A new version has been uploaded. The version introduces the catgirl Kurohime with currently 2 CGs and over 10 different options to play with her. You can thank the patron Sam Milne who wished for this character and CG as his pledge reward. Kurohime can be met at the hidden room shown in the screenshot above once you meet the requirements.

The old encryption I used seems to cause problems with the save system after an rpg maker update so I changed to the new encryption in the rpg maker itself. Sadly this seems to cause problems as well. I noticed some flower tiles to look bugged due to this. Please tell me if anything else seems to be affected. In the meantime I’ll see if I can find a smooth solution to the problem.
smile.png

I left the old version 15.08.16 in the download folder in case any game breaking problem appear.

Download:

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016

The old encryption I used seems to cause problems with the save system after an rpg maker update so I changed to the new encryption in the rpg maker itself. Sadly this seems to cause problems as well. I noticed some flower tiles to look bugged due to this. Please tell me if anything else seems to be affected. In the meantime I’ll see if I can find a smooth solution to the problem.
smile.png

Hate to tell ya, Ryen, but this version broke the save system for Mac. As the original one to test this on Mac I have been playing this there since early July, but can't get the saves to work from the Aug 15th version. Don't know if what broke the saves was the change in RPGMaker or the change in encryption, but it did break...

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
It seems like a new plugin caused the savegame system to be bugged. I uploaded a new version 27.08.16 without the plugin which seems to work fine now. Please tell me if you still encounter problems.

Download:

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Giving this a poke.  Seems the game crashes when I try to pray at the church.  Also, poison is bullshit.  It doesn't decay outside of battle, so if you have one round of poison left your characters will just take damage over and over until you either fight a round of combat or cure it.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Where do you try to pray in the church? At the cross? Did that happen outside as well or only in the church? Which game version do you use?
Poison does get removed after walking a certain amount of steps but the amount was set really high. I lowered it significant for the next update.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Where do you try to pray in the church? At the cross? Did that happen outside as well or only in the church? Which game version do you use?
Poison does get removed after walking a certain amount of steps but the amount was set really high. I lowered it significant for the next update.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

On the right side of the church in the capital.  Apparently this would change the paladin's current god.  This was using version 26.08.16.

Sep 1, 2016
sandra's puzzle is reaaly starting to annoy me i know the numbers i need to use and that only half of them are true but i still cant figure out the order combination

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
sandra's puzzle is reaaly starting to annoy me i know the numbers i need to use and that only half of them are true but i still cant figure out the order combination

The order you enter them doesn't matter so long as the number on the pillar matches the one on the sign, and only the signs that are two squares above the ground (instead of one square) are true. It makes you think that only the signs on the north half are true, but it's based on how high on the wall they are. The number you enter on the pillar is the number of the object listed on the sign in the cave, so if the higher-on-the-wall-sign marked 1 says "human skeletons", you count the number of human skeletons in the cave, but not the dragon skeletons or the skeletons with non-human skulls. It took me awhile to figure this all out when I did the puzzle myself (the "higher" thing through me for a loop until I realized the signs were at different heights on the walls), but I eventually figured it out.

Sep 1, 2016
The order you enter them doesn't matter so long as the number on the pillar matches the one on the sign, and only the signs that are two squares above the ground (instead of one square) are true. It makes you think that only the signs on the north half are true, but it's based on how high on the wall they are. The number you enter on the pillar is the number of the object listed on the sign in the cave, so if the higher-on-the-wall-sign marked 1 says "human skeletons", you count the number of human skeletons in the cave, but not the dragon skeletons or the skeletons with non-human skulls. It took me awhile to figure this all out when I did the puzzle myself (the "higher" thing through me for a loop until I realized the signs were at different heights on the walls), but I eventually figured it out.

thank you it was so much easier when it was explained this way i got tired of trying to figure out the combination by going through every possible one i could think of

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
The new version 05.09.16 has been uploaded to MEGA. Mediafire is currently not working for me so I'll upload it there later.

The update contains:

- Quest added for Kurohimes taining

- Quest added for Sandras treasure dungeon

- Bug with double Kurohime fixed

- Added option to choose <50% and >50% obedience version of Kurohimes anal and vaginal scene when replaying it from the CG selection screen.

- Fixed a bug with Treys blessing choice at the church

- Added a new event story for Chiyo

- Added small events for Trey and Ryoko

Download:
-- MEGAhttps://mega.nz/#F!CpQXwBDS!wwZlWRrPWoGzZX5h0-MlRQ --

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2030_zpsynev0clx.png

The new update is done! It contains:

• Improved CG selection screen.

• New CG scene with Ryoko starting at Calbridge Stronghold if you had her previous scene and have the first public health upgrade.

• Improved menu visual.

• Bug with Theremis at the capital of Amagal fixed.

• Several small bugs fixed.

• Every armor description now shows its type of armor.

• Every character description now shows what type of armor they can wear.

• Magic items created at the laboratory aren't random anymore but instead can be picked.

• Stone trap in the south dungeon doesn't give a game over anymore.

• Small balancing changes for Treys aura skills.

• Small changes to skills from the laboratory.

• The first battle of the strategy warmap is finished. I suggest to save before trying it so that you can try all different ways of going and fighting in this new system. Feedback about what you enjoy or don't and all bugreports are highly appreciated!

Screen%2031_zps6azy3jm5.png

The Walkthrough has also received an update with the newest quests.

You can copy your old save files into the save folder of the new version if you want to continue playing your old progress.

Download:

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --

Edit: Due to a mistake you need to enter the Red keep first when you meet all requirements for Ryokos new scene before Kirsten will appear at Calbridge Stronghold. This won't be needed in the next update anymore but is necessary in the current version.

CnalerT

Aug 23, 2016
I'm very much afraid that this game has caught my attention and I very much like it. I don't have much negative to say about it except that I noticed something that I heavily dislike.

The female clerk, I don't particularly remember where, but her dialogue spoke of lowercase i instead of I. I do understand that this is a simple mistake that could happen to anyone, but I'm sorry. That kind of stuff bothers me. 

Regarding the maid in his bedroom, are there going to be updates her for soon or is that content on-hold?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I fixed the lowercase i at the herbalist clerk in the capital. Hope that was the only case of this mistake. :)

The headmaid should get an update soon but considering the big amount of content she is supposed to provide it'll be added part by part so that other content won't be ignored for too long.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I made a new update mostly for the sake of bug fixing. I got little feedback for my fix in the last devlog but since what I got was positiv I hope the crashes will be solved now.

• After your introduction in the castle the game will now automaticly save every 2.5 mins alternating between saveslot 15 and 16. If you already have a save at those slots you wish to keep please load and save them somewhere else in your old version before copying them into the new version!
  • A new plugin takes away all second weapon slots for characters that can’t use it anyway.
  • Money from mines and taxes is now generated 10 times faster.
  • I forgot to mention in the earlier update news that Kurohime has received her second CG picture. You can see it in her training or if you finished it already by using the CG selection at your bed.

Download the newest version at:

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --

Nok

Oct 2, 2016
I've tried Treasure Hunt quest for so long time and I won't able to find the current code, can anyone help me?

My try of Socket no.1: 6  no.2: 8  no.3: 9(because I can't type 11) no.4: 6(I tried 5 before but not work)

I even tried take away before but not work as well, and I never get any hint by Sandra when I try.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
If I understand your numbers correct you added the numbers together from both stone plates for one socket. There is always just one stone plate true for one socket, the second stone plate is false and can be ignored. There is a hint about the god of death "In his opinion only those who were above others had any worth", which should tell you the stone plates hangng lower are false while the ones hanging higher give you the true numbers needed for the socket.

Nok

Oct 2, 2016
If I understand your numbers correct you added the numbers together from both stone plates for one socket. There is always just one stone plate true for one socket, the second stone plate is false and can be ignored. There is a hint about the god of death "In his opinion only those who were above others had any worth", which should tell you the stone plates hangng lower are false while the ones hanging higher give you the true numbers needed for the socket.

Thanks for the hint, but I still can't go through this puzzle. What I understand from you wrote is the higher stone plate for each no. is the real one. So I type: Socket no.1: 4   no.2: 3   no.3: 6  no.4: 4 (Or do I missing something?)

I know you have no reason to help me in this puzzle, but please, I want to go through this puzzle...

akacya

Oct 3, 2016
Thanks for the hint, but I still can't go through this puzzle. What I understand from you wrote is the higher stone plate for each no. is the real one. So I type: Socket no.1: 4   no.2: 3   no.3: 6  no.4: 4

I know you have no reason to help me in this puzzle, but please, I want to go through this puzzle...

ok so i got this - 1=2    2=5  

3=6    4=4

akacya

Oct 3, 2016
Thank you so much!!! How do you get this?

tablet 1 says pickaxe just count how many are there well there were only 2 pickaxe so it makes 1=2 second count the spider web there are total 5 of them so 2=5 third one count holes in the walls six holes that's 3=6 and the last tables says small rocks well there are only four stacks of them and so 4=4 Honestly I nearly broken my brain tryng to figure it out xD