The Syren Conspiracy (For Floozer)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
She nods. "You must have heard about Orion Tech by now, right? Hell, you've got one of their plasma cannons in your cargo hold. Good find, by the way. Anyway, these bastards, they were running secret projects and shit. That vessel was one of five, and all four were never heard from again. They had the scientists on board develop the stuff they needed, and as soon as they weren't needed anymore... Boom. The ships would mysteriously explode and a phony investigation would be launched that never found a reason why they exploded. And this was three hundred years ago. Since then, OT has gone into the shadows, still researching things like that, and now has a whole troupe of people in its pockets. These guys fund them, send them lab rats, and cover up everything they do. What I'm worried about is Project Syren. It's a drug that my grandmother was assigned to develop. It was basically an aerosol that could be released into a population at large. It could also be mixed into food and drink. The basic thing it does is make the people more docile. More likely to ignore bad things. Hence the name Syren. They only see the good things, and completely ignore the fact that OT is taking over entire worlds, planets, cultures, razing them to the ground, and building megastructures and factories to power their own twisted machinations. So yeah. I'm fighting them. Oh, and that guy Valarr? He may have been a hijacker, but he started working for us when he found out what OT was up to. And it was better he committed suicide than go to their interrogators. They would have made him spill the beans in minutes. All they'd have to do is use some drug or the other." She says, sighing and dropping her head into her hands. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She walks over to her desk and takes out the picture of Valarr's last words, tossing it to Brynn. "This make any sense to you? Because right now your entire story seems rather far fetched."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
She looks down at the words, and frowns for a few seconds. Then, she goes wide eyed, gives out a groan of exasperation, and facepalms, hard. "Seriously Valarr? Your famous last words are Long Live The Rebellion with a few letters removed? Fucking idiot." She groans again and rubs her palm into her temple. "It's possible there's a more secret message in there, but... I'm not sure, really. Once we send in an operative, they go dark. No contact from either side. So he COULD be trying to tell us something, or..." She takes a closer look at it. Hmm... Something odd about this... I think... I think it's some sort of a hidden message. Valarr was much smarter than writing just Long Live The Rebellion... I need to get back to base and cross check with my other references to see exactly what the hell he was trying to tell us." She says, staring at the picture contemplatively. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Hmm, so it seems I have a choice right now. I have you unarmed in my ship. With a single pull of this trigger you would be down and out, I could drop you both off for an increased bounty and go on my merry way." She twirls her gun about. "Or I listen to your insane story about OT taking over the world and get myself on their shit list. I sure hope you can see which one sounds more appealing"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Ooorrr you could let us go, forget this ever happened, and-" She's interrupted as a sudden tremor rips through the ship, followed by the sound of a distant explosion. "What the fuck...?" Brynn runs to the windshield and looks out towards the plateau, where there seems to be a huge pillar of black smoke rising, surrounded by a lot of smaller ships. "MY SHIP!!" She screams. The fighters immediately banked around, heading for Olivia's ship, their lasers firing. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Well this just got really interesting! Hold on to your butts!" She rushes to the cock pit and buckles up, grabbing control and quickly rolling her ship out of their fire. "So, you want to play hard ball huh? Sounds like a fun time to me!" She activates weapons systems, a large explosive cannon sliding down from the under side of her ship. "Who want's to be first?! I got ammo for all of you!" She starts locking on to the first fighter, pulling the trigger once locked.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
The fighters are small and easily manoeuvrable, and the one she fires on dodges her shot. The others dodge her shots as well, save for one. The shot clips its wing, sending it careening into another fighter, both of which promptly explode. Two down, four to go... 

The fighters immediately retaliate, sending a barrage of laser fire her way. Her shield strength drops to 60%. 

[My god the dice hate you. I'm gonna stick to my imagination for space battles. You would have lost this fight otherwise. I'm still rolling for their chances of hitting, though.]

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
[Yea, welcome to my world, where you either get a perfect roll or fail horribly, curiously what were the rolls?]

Olivia yanks the ship off to the side. "Well, good things I went for the stronger shield generator a while back!" Steering up and into a loop de loop to get behind the next ship, she fires at it's engine. 

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
[4, 6, 11, 9. Above ten is a critical, dealing double damage.] 

The Titan Kaiser, surprisingly quick for its size, easily gets behind the ship and blasts it to oblivion. The other three fighters circle around and fire back, reducing her shields to 40%. 

[Just remember, Laser is good against shields, but pretty horrible against armour, so even if they get through your shields, their shots will be pretty weak. Ballistic is weak against shields, great against armour. Pulse is... Well... A combination of both, ramped up to almost double the power.] 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
[Too bad we couldn't get that pulse cannon on the ship yet.]

"Oh, I wonder if they are expecting this?" She suddenly hits the breaks, letting the three of them zip straight past her before firing her cannon once more.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
One of the fighters goes down in a ball of flames, but the others pull up, going straight up into the air, hiding among the low clouds. Luckily for her, the ships are black, and she can easily see them. Or is that just their shadow...?ship_test_render_by_deviantvicky-d3abb18.jpg

[What the Fighter looks like.] 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Two left! Come on boys, I've fought automated drones more interesting than you!" She starts up the thrusters again and flies up into the clouds after them.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
The shadows split up, going in two different directions. She can see some sort of tiny black objects floating in the air behind them. With a start, she realises what they are. Mines! Before she can avoid them, two explode over her hull, taking her shields down to 36%. The fighters are nowhere to be seen... Suddenly, shots ring out from above her. The fighters have gotten directly above her, and are firing downwards! A few shots hit, taking her shields down to 26%. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Cheeky fuckers!" She barrel rolls to the side and fires at them as they dive past before giving chase, not wanting to lose them again.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
One of the ships goes down. The last, as if giving up the fight, makes a desperate dash for the atmosphere, but Olivia's explosives quickly take it down before it can get far. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Olivia lets out a deep sigh and lets her ship idle as she calms down. "Well, that was just fun fun in basket." She slowly drives over to what remains of Brynn's ship.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Brynn walks up behind her, looking down at the wreck of her ship. "It's gone... It's completely wrecked..." She says, her shoulders slumping. Suddenly, another distant explosion, this one from the direction of the research vessel. A nuke had been detonated on the ship, leaving no trace it was ever there. Also no trace of the wildlife that had surrounded it in a 20km radius. "And there goes our last lead..." Brynn mutters. She looks over at Olivia. "Believe me now?" 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I will admit...that does certainly help your point." She sighs and looks at the ceiling. "Well, They already know that I just helped you...so that puts me on their shit list. I suppose if people come after me to get at you that just gives me some time to play around. I guess for now....I am on your side."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Brynn places a hand on her shoulder. "For what it's worth... Thank you." She leans down and gives Olivia a quick peck on the cheek. Looking to the side, Olivia can see a distinctly unladylike bulge in her pants... Up close, Brynn was a rather pretty woman, with high cheekbones, bright green eyes, perky D cups, and a curvy rump. "I'll go check on Pyro..." She murmurs, turning to walk back into the main room. Looking after her, Olivia noticed that the plates on her legs moved with her, and looked rather like tight segmented leather...

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Hold on a second! We can't stay here. you mind telling me where we are supposed to go? You mentioned a base?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Ah. Right. Damn I totally forgot... Hold on." She walks over to Olivia's navicomp and stops with her fingers over the screen. "May I?" She asks, looking at Olivia. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Sure, but I am not turning my head. Can't keep this a secret forever."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"I understand." She types in the coordinates for the Darlanian Sector, a sector reputed to be one of the most dangerous and volatile sectors in the galaxy, full of pirates and uncharted planets. She zooms in a bit on a world that appeared to be completely covered in water, like a giant ball of water floating in space. "Where else would be a better place to hide than underseas, right?" Brynn says, her voice filled with a little pride. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Olivia rolls her eyes and hits the auto pilot, sending the ship flying toward their destination. "Yes yes, very clever of you. Don't cause any trouble, I want to make some darts full of controller...the thought of having my own obedient toys is appealing to me."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Brynn frowns a bit. "Project Controller? I think that was like... The earlier version of Syren... Turned out to be too strong. Anyway, I'm not one to judge." She says, turning back to walk to the main room. Right before she does so, however, she's interrupted by a scream from the room. She looks incredulously at Olivia before breaking into a run. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Why can't anything just go smoothly for once?!" She darts after Brynn, heading toward the scream.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
They both stumble into the room, only to see... Pyro licking Rina to an orgasm. Both of them jump up, faces reddening with embarrassment. "E-er... I- I can explain..." Rina mutters, kicking at the floor. Pyro just purses her lips, looking at the floor too. The sight is rather comical, both of them looking down at the floor like children caught doing something naughty. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Olivia sighs...then chuckles... then leans against the wall laughing hard enough for tears to roll down her cheeks. "Oh... oh my gosh... you two... your faces! Hhahahahaha! It hurts! I can't breath!"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Brynn cracks a smile that turns into a grin, which turns into full blown, side-splitting laughter. Pyro and Rina's faces just get redder, but Pyro grins sheepishly. "Eheh. Well..." Olivia notices Brynn's pants starting to tent. Now would be a good time to take advantage of it... 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Collecting herself, she pushes a button and the door closes behind them. Walking up behind Brynn, she slides her hands down the front of her pants to grop at her crotch. "Well then, you seem to have some extra bits on you, mind showing your new friend?"