[RPG] Renryuu: Ascension

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
I'll work on this shortly. Hope this keeps going in the direction you have - I love the maps and story so far...

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I'm not even sure how I would describe the direction I'm going :D But I don't think I changed my style, so it should be fine =)

Small update with second CG scene for Sandra and several small bug fixes.

- Sandra has a new scene, if you talk to her in the sleeping chambers when her relationship with you is above a certain value. To bring it high enough, you'll need the present item "Jewel", since other presents stop having an effect at some point.

- Kayelinth won't appear in the castle without condition anymore.

- Shey now appears in the castle even if you cleared the quest before the update.

- You can't step on the books for Chiyos magic knowledge and get stuck because of it anymore.

- > New download < -

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
She can be found in a dungeon below the abandoned village in Amagal. The entrance is a bit hidden in the bottom left corner, as you can't see it if you just stay on the road and don't explore ;) I got asked that question several times, so I have a picture ready for it. [LINK]

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
New version uploaded!

Screen%2014_zpszsj8grmz.png

- New CG event with Elly. Do you think you'll be able to keep up drinking with her at the bar?
- Chiyo and Sandra are now available for recruitment even if you chose against them in the events before.
- New map "Begus Broken fort" with a short questline
- New map "Begus Prison". You can get Sandra here if you didn't help her in the dungeon before.
- New map "Borderline Tower". No important events on this map yet.

- The game is now compressed into one .exe file. Savegames should work without problems by placing the old save folder into the same folder as the .exe file.

Screen%2015_zpsrofbhxwa.png

Download of the new 11.05.16 version at Mediafire

And most importantly, I have a Patreon page now! :) Support me at https://www.patreon.com/naughtynetherpunch

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Woohoo! Powered through this update and got Elly up to 90. Want another scene with her! Still trying to figure out what gifts work for Tsubaki, Chiyo and Vampire - everyone else maxed at 70. PS - yes saves work as advertised...

Last edited by a moderator:

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Glad to hear you enjoyed the scene :D Her second CG is already done, but I probable make the first scenes for some other party members first. I want to be fair to my children :) Oh wait, already ruined that with Sandras second scene....

Sounds to me as if you're missing a certain present item. Did you finish Tsubakis first characterquest she gives you at the sleeping chambers? The person where you solved the quest will sell you the item once the quest is done. If you can't remember or didn't find him in the first place, feel free to send me a message :D I don't mind giving the solution, I just don't want to spoil the fun in case you want to figure it out yourself.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
So I saw the name of the game and saw it was new, so I thought to myself:

"Alright, let's check out his thread and give it a gander"

I saw the images of the NPC/Monsters on the first page and thought to myself:

"I kind of like this art style, since it reminds me of a game I played about a year ago"

Then I saw it had a skill chart system....

I want to play this game. :|  

Also it seems you are putting a fuck ton of effort into the demo, which I love because it shows you will stay around and not die off in the forums. <3

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Man - that was like the first character quest I did. Ran around and found what I needed - now Tsubaki is up to 70 as well. If I may ask (just a number) - how many first scenes are done? How many second?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I want to play this game. :|

Guess I made the right screenshots :D

I still have an awful lot to do in the game, so I'll definitly stay around!

@Hoboy I guess having the item being sold somewhere else would be nice. I'll take another look at that ^^ And the item shouldn't bring just Tsubaki to 70 ;) It was originally planned as 3 different books, about warfare, history and magic. But I made them into one, so that the player can "pick" which one he still needs.

Including the start with Tsubaki, there are 5 first scenes and only Sandras second scene done for the main characters. With side characters there is a total of 14 CGs currently in use. 9 more CGs are already drawn and wait to be put into the game. :) About 20 more CGs are definitly planned and wait for my artist, some more are optional and will be made if I get enough support.

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
Guess I made the right screenshots :D

I love the hell-hound picture, it is what drew me to the game. "I would like to talk to you under four eyes" 
I have never heard of this expression. 
Also "lots of Undeads" Undeads? lol

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
Under four eyes is a poor translation from German to English from what Google says, under four eyes should be "privately".

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I really love the hellhound picture as well :D It's the reason I place it on top of all pictures in my first post.

My english can be clumsy at times. :/ Hopefully my spellchecker solves his PC problems and can help me again soon. =) But feel free to send me every every bit you find and I'll make sure to fix it! Just add where you found it, otherwise I can search for something like "under four eyes" through the entiregame now. xD

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Glad to hear you enjoy the game =) Chiyo can be found in the castle of Amagal, the country in the north. To enter the castle you need to talk to Theremis in your throne room and arrange a meeting with Amagal. If you don't arrange the meeting, you won't be allowed to enter the castle by the guards.

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
You may wish to indicate which items are gifts and which are usable in other situations. Is whisky and beer a gift or is it a consumable.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
So I played Demo 11.05.16, and I found an experience exploit bug.

If you talk to Thor after you get through the introductions with everyone.

Then end up at the option to improve 3 things.

All you have to do if exit out of anything in any option, even when not picking one of the 3 to start improving.

It will tell you the Coronation quest was completed, and give you experience.

You can do it an infinite amount of times.

So on to what I think of the game after playing it for 20minutes.

Which was enough time to see a decent portion of the games content in which to give a decent review/opinion for it.

I found it to be rather interesting, and look forward to completed game.

I loved the art style, and character personalities.

My favorite being Mira was an adorable airhead (Loved her reaction to meeting the Vampire).

I really loved the Skill tree system, and the fact you needed to gather an item to level anything up.

The trade system, and options for upgrading your area with better roads, watchtowers, and Laboratory etc were also very interesting.

Although any decent player could just grind for maybe 30minutes to get enough gold for a decent amount of those upgrades.

Basically I would recommend this game to anybody's future gaming list.

I haven't given as much information on what I liked about it, so that it doesn't spoil for everyone else who is reading.

I myself will wait for the full game release before playing again, since the Debug attack is too tempting, and will ruin my full experience.

Keep up the good work~ <3

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I've fixed the bug for the next version. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed and likes so many parts of the game! And I agree, Mira is a very adorable airhead. <3

Grinding will hopefully be unnecessary. I want the player to earn enough gold while exploring the world. But since the world isn't done yet, the balancing of gold found compared to what is needed isn't perfect.

If you or anyone else doesn't want to go into detail about what they liked to avoid spoilers, you can feel free to send me a message. :D

The full release will probable take quite a while, but I make updates every ~1-2 weeks, depending on my work. So maybe take a look every now and then to see how the game develops. :3 And if the debug attack is ruining it for you, I can make a version without. That's not much work. xD

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
That sounds kind of neat, but even if it is a small amount of work to do so.

No need to add extra work on yourself.

It all adds up, so don't do anything unneeded.

As far as I can tell, I'm the only one bothered by the Debug attack..?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@ThatOneJester Apparently so. :D At least no one else mentioned a problem with it so far.

-------------------------------------

New update! Mostly for bug fixes but also contains 3 new CG scenes.

- Coronation quest can't be repeated endlessly anymore.

- Wall in the capitals barrack can't be walked on anymore.

- Fixed a chest which gave unlimited Iron Shields.

- Changed some item descriptions for clarity.

- Added CG scenes for Chiyo, Mirel and Vampire. All can be started at the sleeping chambers if you meet the requirements.

- I made a walkthrough for the game, but I still need feedback to know what could be improved, changed or added
smile.png

>>New download<<

Walkthrough

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
One silly question - how does one increase Ryoko's need for orders? I see it needs to be above 50 for a scene, but I can't figure out how. If she uses an order in battle, it drops (?) to zero. I can never get it above zero? 

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
@ThatOneJester Apparently so. :D At least no one else mentioned a problem with it so far.

-------------------------------------

New update! Mostly for bug fixes but also contains 3 new CG scenes.

- Coronation quest can't be repeated endlessly anymore.

- Wall in the capitals barrack can't be walked on anymore.

- Fixed a chest which gave unlimited Iron Shields.

- Changed some item descriptions for clarity.

- Added CG scenes for Chiyo, Mirel and Vampire. All can be started at the sleeping chambers if you meet the requirements.

- I made a walkthrough for the game, but I still need feedback to know what could be improved, changed or added
smile.png

>>New download<<

Walkthrough

Thank you so much for the walkthrough. I am always frustrated when I find something in a game and then cannot figure out how to access it.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
One silly question - how does one increase Ryoko's need for orders? I see it needs to be above 50 for a scene, but I can't figure out how. If she uses an order in battle, it drops (?) to zero. I can never get it above zero? 

Her other skills, like weaken, delay or MP transfer all add 10 to her urge for order until a max of 100. Using an "Order" command will set it back to zero.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
From the RPG Maker Central forums to here huh? 

Didn't expect to see that, well since you seem to be expanding advertisement of your game. Maybe you should consider posting on GameJolt, they allow Adult Content as well, and have a large community.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2017_zpsb65zhdlt.png

New game version! It contains 2 new CG scenes for Tsubaki and Mira. Now all main characters have their first scenes complete.

Other changes include:

- New questline starting at the south fort will allow you to go inside the building of the farm south in central, where you can meet the lovely dark sorceress.

- The new questline also allows you to buy and repair the broken farm.

- The laboratory now tells you more information about the "strange gold". It still can't be used for anything, but at least you'll know what it is now.
smile.png

- Summoning the blue slimegirl won't require any more essence after the first time.

- A new floor of the dungeon south in central is open with stronger enemys.

- Vampire scene condition has been fixed in the walkthrough

- New alternative condition for Vampires volcano quest. If you haven't found the trigger, the quest will still appear once Vampire is level 12+.

- Fixed game breaking walking events at the snowfort and the haunted mines with the Icespirit.

- Quest requirements are now included in the walkthrough.

- Ryokos urge system added to the walkthrough.

- Tsubaki has a new skill "Battle Cry", which will set all party members to auto-battle for the rest of the battle.

- The skill "Debug Attack" doesn't do damage against enemys with events during battles anymore, to avoid breaking events in battle that were not suppoest to be won.

- New present items "Love Potions" were added to the game. They can't be brought and will later be found in more places, but currently only 2 can be obtained. Love Potions have no relationship limit until which they can be used but require a certain amount of relationship or they will cause a negative effect instead.

Download:

Download game with Mediafire

Download game with MEGA

Download walkthrough with Mediafire

Download walkthrough with MEGA

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Really loving this. DL'd and will try later. One thought - you could expand usability for other users if you used MV's capability to generate Mac OS and Linux versions (esp Mac).  Just a thought...