Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShepard256

The very fact that the tag is specified "sans_pussy" suggests that the default state is with one, yeah? That would seem to go against what you're saying here.
I don't think it contradicts my argument. Having a default state does not imply that other states are invalid, unless it directly contradicts the definition of the term it's applied to; in this case, futanari, whose definition seems to vary between the individuals in this argument. I personally think it's similar to maleherms being a type of hermaphrodite despite not being the default type (which is femherm).

Besides, one could easily apply the exact same argument (i.e. 'it specifies a particular variant and is thus not the default') to both the "futa_sans_balls" and "full-package_futanari" tags, and that would leave all possible variations of futa as 'not the default state'. My point here? I dunno, I'm tired and trying to cover all my bases.
Dick and no vagina - dickgirl. Both dick and vagina- futanari. As simple as that. Period.
Simply making a statement without arguing for it, or addressing my arguments against it, isn't going to convince me; at least provide some evidence to support it.

Speaking of which, now that I've done an online search for the definition of futanari, it seems I am indeed in a minority here; Wikipedia, Wiktionary and at least two other dictionary/definition sites all use the term 'hermaphrodite' when describing it. However, I don't think that necessarily invalidates my PoV completely - there are several points that could potentially be used to justify a slightly broader definition:
  • Wikipedia says it "is also used in a broader sense for androgyny"
  • It also says that "it refers almost exclusively to characters who have an overall feminine body, but have both female and male primary genitalia (although testicles are not always present)"; note the 'almost', which implies that it can be used to refer to something else, but that only happens rarely
  • It also specifically mentions gender-changing, ambiguous gender and cross-dressing in reference to its origin
  • Wiktionary lists "intersexual" and "dickgirl" under its "See also" section, and Wikipedia does the same with "intersex"
I wanna say more, but I'm too tired to figure out what to say or how to say it, so I'm gonna just leave it here.

Ancient Lurker

Jan 21, 2021
Simply making a statement without arguing for it, or addressing my arguments against it, isn't going to convince me; at least provide some evidence to support it.

Speaking of which, now that I've done an online search for the definition of futanari, it seems I am indeed in a minority here; Wikipedia, Wiktionary and at least two other dictionary/definition sites all use the term 'hermaphrodite' when describing it. However, I don't think that necessarily invalidates my PoV completely - there are several points that could potentially be used to justify a slightly broader definition:
  • Wikipedia says it "is also used in a broader sense for androgyny"
  • It also says that "it refers almost exclusively to characters who have an overall feminine body, but have both female and male primary genitalia (although testicles are not always present)"; note the 'almost', which implies that it can be used to refer to something else, but that only happens rarely
  • It also specifically mentions gender-changing, ambiguous gender and cross-dressing in reference to its origin
  • Wiktionary lists "intersexual" and "dickgirl" under its "See also" section, and Wikipedia does the same with "intersex"
I wanna say more, but I'm too tired to figure out what to say or how to say it, so I'm gonna just leave it here.
Japanese, inventors* of futanari, don't use it referring to anything that doesnt have a vagina 99% of the time.
Word futanari has a definite meaning, it's not a broad term like intersex.

*If you treat hermaphrodite and futanari as different entities.
Because baka gaijins don't even try to understand what words from other languages mean and just shove strictly defined words into one pile with broad interchangeable terms.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I guess that "shemale" may be seen as enough of a slur to deem females with only masculine genitals. Personally, I dislike it (as well as "cuntboy"), but I find it more... expressive? "Dickgirl" would be the "Western" tern for a "futanari".
But, personally, I wish there could be a term which specifically refered to a sack-holding/ball-less dick wielder :p

• Wow
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
"Dickgirl" would be the "Western" tern for a "futanari".

Futanari, by definition, have a penis and a vagina. "Hermaphrodite" would be the western term for it.

Here "dickgirl" would be the more ambiguous term, but it's usually used to refer to someone who looks mostly female but has a penis instead of a vagina. It really does sound much nicer than "shemale".

Kaplah

Jan 14, 2017
There are other 2 coming. Berwyn will be able to become futa and Agni, future phoenix companion, will also be able to grow a shaft. Both of them are written by B. So no worries there, you will not need to stuck with Arona.

Is there a source or dev confirmation on futa Berwyn? I was under the impression that his original author wanted him to stay male and that the new author wanted to respect that.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Is there a source or dev confirmation on futa Berwyn? I was under the impression that his original author wanted him to stay male and that the new author wanted to respect that.
From B's (Berwyn's new writer) post

Kaplah

Jan 14, 2017
From B's (Berwyn's new writer) post

Oh neat. I guess that means I'm now looking forward to Berwyn's eventual content. Thanks for the confirmation.

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
Maaan, I hope during one of the next couple of updates they add full quests for a change. Like the full Berwynne or Brienne‘s family quest.
Isnt that much content that’s getting added each month.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Well considering there focusing on trying to get Kor the city up and running, yes it woudl be hard to add full quests right now.

Lone Wolf115

I think we're all probably going to take some time off when it's done :p
True, it does seem like a lot of brain power and such, then the typing the goddamn typing. I think a month and half or more would be good.

Reactions: retsamenustik

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
It's actually a magical relic called Heisenberg's Knife which exists whenever we're looking at it but doesn't exist whenever we aren't, which is why it vanishes whenever we're equipped with anything else and can't pull it out when Disarmed. Since that was too much text to fit in the box they shortened the whole thing to 'Rusty Knife'.

Blueboy

Dec 7, 2020
The gameplay for Charmers is lacking. There are very few mental/lust powers available, that became even more obvious after the new powers were released and charmers essentially got nothing new to play with. The only thing new that could reasonably fit into your list was estrus flask, but that requires you to build cunning. I later then tried looking for powers you could steal, there were only three that were not learnable, one was locked behind a weapon and certain requirements. Just can only hope charmers get a summon suited for them sometime soon or something else interesting.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Its because resolve damage by all means is the strongest damage type in the game, most enemies dont have more then like 120 on average even in the mountains.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
The gameplay for Charmers is lacking. There are very few mental/lust powers available, that became even more obvious after the new powers were released and charmers essentially got nothing new to play with. The only thing new that could reasonably fit into your list was estrus flask, but that requires you to build cunning. I later then tried looking for powers you could steal, there were only three that were not learnable, one was locked behind a weapon and certain requirements. Just can only hope charmers get a summon suited for them sometime soon or something else interesting.
Running a bimbo goblin Charmer who refuses to hurt people as my current main, I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I had to settle on being the off-healer for the party to have all of my slots occupied with useful and effective powers.

Still, I think we shouldn't miss the fact that, being based on D&D bard, Charmer class seem to be designed as much around dealing magic damage and buffing the party as it is Resolve damage.

Reactions: Blueboy and zagzig

LilLambAmy

Oct 6, 2021
Ontario
My gripe is literally the scene where azzyran wants to flirt with someone in the inn. Wish there was a way to say no to that scene from ever appearing, because it ruined my favorite character for me.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yes, how dare characters be allowed to have people they like other than the Champion... :p

Just asking, you did notice that those two were acting pretty friendly during the purification ceremony, right? It's not something that comes completely out from nowhere.

LilLambAmy

Oct 6, 2021
Ontario
Yes, how dare characters be allowed to have people they like other than the Champion... :p

Just asking, you did notice that those two were acting pretty friendly during the purification ceremony, right? It's not something that comes completely out from nowhere.
Friendly yes, flirty no. Quite a big jump to go from one to the other because those 2 things do not go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.