Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
No way to track Kiyoko's children. If you want to give her 9 tails before she comes out of the Astral Plane you need to knock her up 32 times. Without knowing your progress it's hard to keep in scale.
just look at her tails? they always come in, in the same order, so just look for the one on the bottom left and you'll know.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Possibly you can use 'Save to file', open the save file in a text editor and search for "KIYOKO_NUM_KITS".
It's weird, Kiyoko actually has TWO flags for tracking the number of kits. One for the kits she has while in the astral plane, and one for the kits she has after being freed.

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
I really wish the temple of Mallach wasn't as annoyingly far away from town as it is. I know objectively it's not a big deal, but just looking at it on the map makes me not wanna go.

It doesn't help that there's basically nothing between it and Hawkethorne either.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
2. You can use the metal wand with an offhand catalyst for similar stats as the spiraled staff.
Yes, I am aware. Like I said, once you get to the Fox Den, the build finally reaches the same spot as grease+fireball, in that you can get the same spellpower and spellpenetration, because the Fox Den secondary catalysts are the first secondary catalysts with 10 in both. And also that you finally get Arc Cannon at the Fox Den.
3. If you still want to use the spiraled staff: Changing your equipment mid-combat doesn't cost a turn. So you can use any ranged weapon and just swap to the spiraled staff the next turn and then cast arc cannon or whatever.
I honestly just never think about using the inventory during combat.
4. Storm dmg will (probably) be more viable in the long run. All demons have a innate 33% fire resistance and we will be fighting more of those. If we also visit a dessert or volcanic region, it is save to assume that most enemies will have fire resistance.
It may very well be more viable in the long run. I know it's better in the Undermountain, because imps are demons and have no resistances (or weaknesses) to Storm Damage, but also, the Earth Elemental is a construct and as such has a 100% weakness to Storm Damage. My main point wasn't about long-term viability, it's about how it takes much longer to reach parity on an individual bases as grease+fireball, in that you need to go through an entire dungeon to get equivalent stats and the spell needed to complete the combo given the restrictions in how you equip it. Plus, it lacks the synergies that grease has which means that it's still just worse overall even though some enemies have fire resistances.
5.1 You can use "Song of Storms" which gives the PC's attack power as storm dmg, and give it to an ally. So 1 round SoS, 2 round CP, 3 round arc cannon. This isn't that great since you usually want to stun turn 1.

5.2. Primal scar debuffs the enemies fire, frost and strom resistance by 50% for 3 rounds. It's only a single target hit, but the PC can get 2 storm attacks off and the debuffs can synergies with companions like winter knight Brint or Kiyoko.

5.3. This is theoretical but celestial smite should be able to stun everything, since it stuns if the target if it has a holy and/or storm weakness. I do not know if this is only for initial weaknesses or debuffs as well.
Song of Storms, Primal Scar, and Celestial Smite are all recharge powers, meaning they can not be used concurrently with Arc Cannon and Crackle Powder. Also, Celestial Smite and Primal Scar are level 6, which just factors back into how it takes longer to reach its normal state than Grease+Fireball. Oh, also, just ran a test on Celestial Smite theoretically stunning enemies impacted by Crackle Powder.
Celestial Smite.png
Azy, as an enemy, is neutral to both Holy Damage and Storm Damage, which means that the resistance change from Crackle Powder would let her be stunned by Celestial Smite. And you can tell by the text that the stun attempts to proc: If the stun would not have actually gone off, I don't believe it would have said anything. However, there's an issue, in that Crackle Powder already triggered a stun the turn before, and combatants gain stun/prone immunity for a few turns after getting hit by one of the two, so Celestial Smite's stun fails, despite procing.
5.4. Grand finale does 45 + spellpower % storm dmg on a single target. The catch is that it is a encounter power, but if it kills it has no cooldown. It also mentions that it hits on metal resistance. Not sure if that's good or bad. For reference arc cannon does 40 + spellpower % storm dmg.
Grand Finale is just a finisher tool. I think it can be useful, paired with Arc Cannon and Crackle Powder, but CP's vulnerability wears off before you're able to use it if you use AC first. Instead, GF would pretty much just be for finishing off foes, which it already is used for.
5.5 Leanenstone. Deals 20 + cunning + willpower storm dmg to all enemies and staggers. If you level Cunning and WP you will get between 54 and 60 storm dmg. Arc cannon can max hit for about 88 and also crit.
The leananstone is a decent enough aoe item, but it is an item, meaning it can only be used by the champ. CP and AC have the same cooldown, so there's never really a time where you'll use a Leananstone over an AC if using with CP, unless you just don't have the Arc Cannon. It can be a stop-gap of sorts until you reach the Arc Cannon, I guess, though at 80 electrum for a single one, it's a bit pricey for the early game too.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Song of Storms, Primal Scar, and Celestial Smite are all recharge powers, meaning they can not be used concurrently with Arc Cannon and Crackle Powder. Also, Celestial Smite and Primal Scar are level 6, which just factors back into how it takes longer to reach its normal state than Grease+Fireball. Oh, also, just ran a test on Celestial Smite theoretically stunning enemies impacted by Crackle Powder.
I understand and agree with all your points. My thought was to drop crackle powder and Arc Cannon completly. Instead using Primal scar for the 3 turn debuff, Celestial Smite and Grand finale. Or song of storms.

This was meant for a lvl 6 build and it is, indeed, not feasable for a playthrough build, unless you power level in the forest. I found that aoes arent that good later on. This is why I opted for purely single hits. I rather have 2 enemies dead and 3 alive, instead of 5 enemies half dead and no aoe's left.

The leananstone is a decent enough aoe item, but it is an item, meaning it can only be used by the champ. CP and AC have the same cooldown, so there's never really a time where you'll use a Leananstone over an AC if using with CP, unless you just don't have the Arc Cannon. It can be a stop-gap of sorts until you reach the Arc Cannon, I guess, though at 80 electrum for a single one, it's a bit pricey for the early game too.
The idea was to use the Leanenstone as a permanent substitue for arc cannon. For the situations when multiple enemies are low on health, but no aoe's are availabe. Basically an okayish aoe that doesn't cost a power slot. Early game money can be very tight, but during mid to endgame money shouldn't pose a problem at all.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
And you can tell by the text that the stun attempts to proc: If the stun would not have actually gone off, I don't believe it would have said anything.
Did a quick test myself with primal scar and celestial smite. CS does stun. Tested on a wraith chimera, which is neutral against holy and storm.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    2 MB · Views: 19

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Is it a gripe to say im sad the upgraded imps dont give me 4k electrum anymore? 1600 Is much more reasonable but I liked the ludicrous amount of 4k.
That's in line with value the un-upgraded ones had, IIRC. Using the "money ring".

I see that the old encounter was nerfed to 880 EC, using the ring.

Not that much worth grinding those encounters for money anymore.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah, I've had the ring on since Kohaku gave it to me, foolish Kinu not understanding its power. But it is more inline to what it should be at this point in the game, 4K per fight(with the ring) was a bit fucking ridiculous.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Yeah, I've had the ring on since Kohaku gave it to me, foolish Kinu not understanding its power. But it is more inline to what it should be at this point in the game, 4K per fight(with the ring) was a bit fucking ridiculous.
Well, if the devs intend for us to have to grind a bunch of fights in UM to be able to afford a single of Nash's TF items...then, yeah.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Well, if the devs intend for us to have to grind a bunch of fights in UM to be able to afford a single of Nash's TF items...then, yeah.

Speaking of, what do Nash's items do that warrants that price tag?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Well, the city has already been infiltrated...

If by "infiltrated" you mean "Kas has found the one place where keeping her massive horsecock won't immediately compromise one of her flimsy disguises" then yeah. Because let's be honest, all the other fucky wucky demon stuff is second to playing the xxx rated version of "Where's Waldo" with Kasyrra.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
My gripe is that certain tfs will stop working, like it would say that it’s a dud
If the TF's code is working correctly, this will only happen when there is no transformation left your Champ is qualified for while using this item (or its particular alchemically refined version). Otherwise there is a minimum number of transformations that will always occur, and in most cases the game rolls a random chance to see if the number will be higher in that particular instance.

The real issue is the opaque nature of the list of potential transformations each item can grant, as well as any conditions required. Having a list of both available inside of the game's Codex will help quite a bit with the frustrations the system might cause. Maybe limiting it to the TFs you have tried to encourage experimentation; or making the player buy that information in the form of alchemy cook books.

Last edited:

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
If the TF's code is working correctly, this will only happen when there is no transformation left your Champ is qualified for while using this item (or its particular alchemically refined version). Otherwise there is a minimum number of transformations that will always occur, and in most cases the game rolls a random chance to see if the number will be higher in that particular instance.

The real issue is the opaque nature of the list of potential transformations each item can grant, as well as any conditions required. Having a list of both available inside of the game's Codex will help quite a bit with the frustrations the system might cause. Maybe limiting it to the TFs you have tried to encourage experimentation; or making the player buy that information in the form of alchemy cook books.
What I meant was if you increase your dick size to 15 inches through that tanuki, and then use a blue egg refined with turgid mushroom, you could only use it once or twice before it stops working, like the max knot size is 7.5 inches, then when you try to increase it, it says something about it being a dud

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
What I meant was if you increase your dick size to 15 inches through that tanuki, and then use a blue egg refined with turgid mushroom, you could only use it once or twice before it stops working, like the max knot size is 7.5 inches, then when you try to increase it, it says something about it being a dud
Blue egg refined with a turgid mushroom only affects dicks by giving one if not present, and growing a dick up to the limit of 18". Beyond that it does nothing.

And it does not affect knots, other than influencing them indirectly because their size is calculated based on the dick's thickness, which I think is calculated from its length and a thickness ratio.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Blue egg refined with a turgid mushroom only affects dicks by giving one if not present, and growing a dick up to the limit of 18". Beyond that it does nothing.

And it does not affect knots, other than influencing them indirectly because their size is calculated based on the dick's thickness, which I think is calculated from its length and a thickness ratio.
With the blue egg, that’s what I mean, it just stops working, I think I was able to increase the knot size separately without increasing the dick size before, my point is that theres a limit on the knot size

Status
Not open for further replies.