What content would you like added?

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
So far thats only me with Alieh, because god damnit Freja is a cute potat, also another Kinu type which is nice.

LillianLily

Jun 22, 2022
This has probably been asked before, but having permanent/semi-permanent chastity cage that locks you out of scenes where you would use your dick. Unsure how difficult that would be from a coding standpoint and sorry if it had been asked.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Yeah, chastity cage for the player isn't going to happen, due to the requirement of multiple writers would have to account for it when writing sex scenes.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You might find this comment about Ryn from Savin regarding her chastity cage instructive. Now imagine that on the Champ instead and you'll see the other problem.

Now, one-off scenes involving chastity can and do exist. Evelyn just got one added and Sandre and Caera's Bad End has chastity content that works for Champs of any genital configuration.

LillianLily

Jun 22, 2022
I see, makes sense! I haven't done Sandre and Caera's bad end since they were released so don't remember it very well. I reckon I'll go back and do it again.

Prince Charming

Mar 18, 2020
i would really like an at-will stance that generates obscurement, now that the combat balance patch has finally made obscurement relevant.

Reactions: Lotus

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Both of those arent going to happen, Clementines writer has stoppped writing and im pretty sure behemoths said hes a finished character.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
The deadline for submitting a companion was Khorminos becoming accessible in game. Companions are also limited to 1 per established writer (apart from savin because hindsight is 20/20 and B who has taken up Berwyn since his writer has left). This is why Einen, William's mouse companion had to be scrapped.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Please enlighten me, what is exactly stopping them from adding him as a companion? Is there a limit of some sort?
If you had read the topic I linked, you'd see that Tobs laid out the requirements to submit a companion and that submissions were closed. It was literally never going to happen because not only were no new ones gonna be accepted after the cutoff point but he already had a companion and thus couldn't do another.

kuuama

Mar 2, 2022
If you had read the topic I linked, you'd see that Tobs laid out the requirements to submit a companion and that submissions were closed. It was literally never going to happen because not only were no new ones gonna be accepted after the cutoff point but he already had a companion and thus couldn't do another.
No, I read it. I was just confused why, other than this arbitrary cutoff point, Garret couldn't be added. He has a dedicated writer, multiple quests centered around or related to him, and is already a temporary companion. Why not just promote him to a recruitable companion?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
It's not an arbitrary cutoff point and Tobs explains why everyone only gets one companion in the linked topic. Allow me to quote the part you obviously didn't read.
-Everyone who gets the green light to write a companion gets only ONE. Quality over quantity. Judging by the amount of time I've burned on my particular project, it's going to be massively time-consuming to keep up with all everything needed to keep one companion at the standard which we'd like to set. More than that, and you might as well make writing smut your full-time job.
You see that bit I bolded? That's Garret's dedicated writer explaining why Garret was never going to be a companion, because of the huge amount of work that just doing Kiyoko already demanded of him.

The cutoff point was picked because companions are a part of pretty much everything and having the list of them (and all their important details) finalized before the massive chunk of Stuff that is Khor'minos benefits literally everybody writing for the game, knowing exactly what they have to account for going forwards on both the writing and coding sides.

kuuama

Mar 2, 2022
It's not an arbitrary cutoff point and Tobs explains why everyone only gets one companion in the linked topic. Allow me to quote the part you obviously didn't read.

You see that bit I bolded? That's Garret's dedicated writer explaining why Garret was never going to be a companion, because of the huge amount of work that just doing Kiyoko already demanded of him.

The cutoff point was picked because companions are a part of pretty much everything and having the list of them (and all their important details) finalized before the massive chunk of Stuff that is Khor'minos benefits literally everybody writing for the game, knowing exactly what they have to account for going forwards on both the writing and coding sides.
So basically, it's a problem of burnout? I see. I was initially unaware that The Observer was Kiyoko's writer. Is there a chance in the future he will expand on Garret after Kiyoko?

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
No, I read it. I was just confused why, other than this arbitrary cutoff point, Garret couldn't be added. He has a dedicated writer, multiple quests centered around or related to him, and is already a temporary companion. Why not just promote him to a recruitable companion?
Honestly I would have liked Garrett to be a companion too but I think at the end of the day, writing even one companion is LOT of fucking work. Wsan got around loophole since Brint and Brienne are sane person. While on the other hand we have Savin with 3 companion.....(how does he not go crazy from the sheer amount of writing to account for).

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean one of his companions does have a VERY dedicated subwriter so it probably helps take a bit of stress off of him. Even if she too is now writing and getting her own character put in the game. Also I personally never saw Garrett as a companion type, he seems to brick headed and lone wolf type.

kuuama

Mar 2, 2022
I mean one of his companions does have a VERY dedicated subwriter so it probably helps take a bit of stress off of him. Even if she too is now writing and getting her own character put in the game. Also I personally never saw Garrett as a companion type, he seems to brick headed and lone wolf type.
Yes, he is quite proud and boastful, but he is quite protective of those he loves. I feel if the champion is close enough to him and chose to become his mate, he would feel the need to protect her, especially if she's pregnant with his pups.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yes, he is quite proud and boastful, but he is quite protective of those he loves. I feel if the champion is close enough to him and chose to become his mate, he would feel the need to protect her, especially if she's pregnant with his pups.
Now, it has been long since I have done his content, but doesn't Garret tell you basically "Yeah, sorry, I ain't taking care of our kids, you are on your own". And doesn't he take his sadistic play slightly to far with smacking pregnant champion do hard they collapse.
Not really the most appealing partner from my point of view.

Still, I would not have minded having him as companion if he only allowed us to fuck him as a guy. Because if we had him as companion as he is, I would really feel bad for gay men or people that generally like to play guys.

So on that front, I am kind of glad he is not companion. Hypocritical of me for I engage with Kiyoko, but I also dislike that she is locked behind having a dick since she is a companion and probably the most compelling one. So adding more of those type of characters that exclude people based on their PCs looks just doesn't appeal to me.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean shes the most compelling because as of right now shes defiantly a lot further into her story then every other companion is, Id say ryn and cait are the only ones close to her. But im pretty sure it was done so Tobs could get onto KinuQuest, which I wont complain, I would kill for fox daughter.

Reactions: Mizukage

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Now, it has been long since I have done his content, but doesn't Garret tell you basically "Yeah, sorry, I ain't taking care of our kids, you are on your own".
If i remember right he says he'd prefer to keep him being the father under the wraps because Garth wouldn't approve of what's essentially even more antics from his son. It doesn't necessarily exclude Garret contributing in some ways as long as Garth doesn't find out.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I mean Garret's pretty shitty. But during Winter Wolf, Garret admits that the child is his to Garth. Which, low bar, but Garret's getting better. I don't get too down on him because some people are just not in a stage in their life when they're ready to be a parent. Garret knew that and that's why he was on birth control, which didn't work because narrative I guess.

Also he smacks champ around, but that's specifically gated behind a content path where the champion has to go "Yes, I want to be Garret's bitch, with everything that entails. I like it when he treats me roughly and hurts me, and I am specifically requesting more of that."

Although, any talk of whether he would be suitable for a companion is moot, as he is 100% definitively guaranteed to never ever be a companion. He'll just be a lunkhead in his early 20s who's immature for his age but might get better.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
There's also the fact that at some point in the future (as in, likely post game where nothing matters) Garrett is being sent off to Gweyr's old merc group.

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
Yeah garret is...not the best lover. I do like garret since he is one of few sexable male and one of very few sires that acknowledge pc's child (very low bar but pc preg lacks a lot with majority being pump and dump so I'll take what I can get). At least he does he'll take care of his and pc's children even if pc isn't his bitch. He also does have one sweet scene if u happen to lose in drink challenge as his bitch tho. Hopefully post-winter wolf will change him for better and maybe we get to see his growth.