The Last Sovereign

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Only in the general terms in the different conversations first with Orcent and later with Balia.

On an unrelated topic, your guides were pretty useful in the creation of the first versions of the Walkthrough and the Quests pages. Thank you very much! (I don't remember if I took the time to do it back then).

Thanks for the answer; too bad about that though, cuz I came up with some theories upon seeing what Balia did.

Such as Stark may have 'fathered' both Orcent and the Impaler; with how he regenerates, he 'parts' might be able to too. Or how, most humans, most likely from what I inferred during the horde battle, pile up corpse, and maybe burn them later, meaning, they're actually 'breeding' orcs as well, without realizing it.
Anyways, glad it helped, and no need for thanks, since I kinda started it as a confirmation. (Around version 0.5, to ask if I did/collected everything possible. The later guide, with version 0.1-3 was cuz someone asked)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Hidden Content

From what was said during that path, it seems more likely that Orcs build up magical energy through sex and then go through some kind of Orc mitosis  Orcent and the Imaler are both minor aberrations but, with the hordes of Orcs the Incubus King has screwing succubi at all hours of the day, not likely to be truly uncommon.  With the help of breeders like Balia new specific bodies can be made with specific traits, primarily by reusing Orcs that already exist.  Stark's anomaly is spiritual and may be the result of a breeding experiment gone wrong.  Maybe someone fused a ton of Orc souls into one body.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Thanks for answering Tinman... though that makes me want to learn more about sexual magic as well.

It might be possible that as the body decays/gets destroyed, the magic gets released and converges with one and another into 'fresh' body that hasn't been destroyed (similar to the corrupted stine crystals), thus, if enough bodies are destroyed/time passes, then an Orc could be 'born from a dead one. similar to what Baila did, but more 'natural'.
Whoa, one year anniversary! Too bad I'm so late, probably because I don't spend time keeping track of days and events :p

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Thanks for answering Tinman... though that makes me want to learn more about sexual magic as well.

Hidden Content

Whoa, one year anniversary! Too bad I'm so late, probably because I don't spend time keeping track of days and events :p

From what I understand in game, there's little difference in the actual use of sexual magic, divine magic, and arcane magic.  The only real difference is the source.  Arcane magic draws from internal energy reserves and can be augmented from the outside (like the crystal supplying students power at the academy) so its power tends to differ based on the person's talent and how much they know about the magic they're using.  Sexual magic comes from sexual energy, built up both during sex and as lust builds naturally over time, which means it can be replenished quickly but tends to dissipate and requires... unusual battle tactics.  In game no one knows for sure whether divine magic actually comes from a goddess, is supplied by a powerful but not truly divine being, or is the combined power of peoples' worship passing through a devout medium.  Since we've seen a figure that I assume to be Ivala I'm guessing it's one of the former two.  Beyond that, all magic use falls into the same categories and all 3 sources of magic can be used for any of those categories for the same effects.  Although there does seem to be some kind of natural conflict between divine and sexual magic that allows them to work as each others weakpoint.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
The newest version is out for backers:

Version 0.14.0 
 - Completed Simon's route.
 - Eight new plot sex scenes.
 - New NPCs and dialogue added to Yarra's route.

You can expect a public release in a week!

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
I think the forum's formatting caught it weird. I've edited the link and I believe it should go to the correct page now, but you could also try copy-pasting. The one you quoted, however, still looks like the old misdirect, so everyone ignore that one.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I avoided this game for a long time based on the original name and early screenshots. I finally got around to trying it and was very impressed. The game is quite solid and well written. I'm glad I played it.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
I avoided this game for a long time based on the original name and early screenshots. I finally got around to trying it and was very impressed. The game is quite solid and well written. I'm glad I played it.

I'm glad you gave it another shot and enjoyed it! You're not the only one, as my decision to change the name has been continually reinforced.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Thanks for the info Tinman, and sorry it took so long to get back to you; I had some stuff I had though of when I read your post, but forgot it the next day, since I was reading to fall asleep, and have been trying to remember it since :p -- All I can remember was hypothesizing that 'magic' all comes from one source, that's why they can be interchanged, with how Robin can use lust to supply her arcane spells

Anyways, Sierra, just in and I noticed something rather odd: During the Day 1 'sex scene' the text stated: "Practically tearing off his clothes," But earlier, all she allowed him to wear was the pants, which he removed before they started, so how did he get clothes to wear? o_O

There is also some typos:

1. When you're talking to the Lamia prisoner, where there is an or in "ability or orgasm" which, I think, should be a to.

2. Talking to the Lamia at the cafe, you added a 2nd we, "we we're"

Anyways, darn is it hard to be productive, especially when you don't know how long you have.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
No problem.

Anyways,,Simon's new lust skill, Lust Renewal, is especially hard to use, since it costs 100 lust now. I kinda liked suppress lust better, since it only costed 10, and heals both HP and MP.

And darn is the Last arena and Esthera Hard, especially the last arena fight, Nalili keeps dying on me! Probably going to need more MDef, but not sure how I'm gonna give her more.

Ps. How do you enter spoilers in the new forum version? Last time I did it, there was some button I could press, but it's gone now for some reason, and I can't seem to copy-paste to make it possible.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Games good, still, though I feel it lost a little in the Age of Routes, admittedly probably due to the split development with Noxian Nights. Regardless.

In Aka's path, it seems like it's balanced with the assumption you picked up the optional breeding elf, cuz it's pretty damn rough otherwise, particularly in the mage trial fights. On the flipside, I did feel like I knew everything I had to do without resorting to peeking at the wiki, which speaks volumes when it's such a sprawling area. The only outlier to this were the three Noble Agents, which I had to look up to get prompted on. Given they show up after you've scoped out the areas, it might have been better to make that some triggered cutscene instead.

In Megail's path... well, I am of the opinion it was ultimately poorly done. The desert made for a fairly poor map, while I struggled with finding all the bounty fights. Not doing them by any means, but actually figuring out where the fuck. Part of the problem was that I pretty much scoured the desert and hadn't realized they were in the previous section, too. Ain't a lot of going on here, really.

Yarra's path was a little weird, too. Ultimately I tended to do a lap of pretty much everything to figure out what I could do any given day, which constantly changed without really telling me. When I could chat up the orcs, for example. On the flipside I did have an idea of what I ought to be doing once the options were all presented, though I kinda stumbled into figuring out I could go underground after a point.

Simon's path had issues, tho. I had to seedily look into the gamefiles to figure out what made some things trigger and I certainly didn't figure out that training Simon with the succubi would ultimately allow further trainings with Esthera. Really, I didn't have any idea what anything might do. I did all the beaucratic stuff, though ultimately missed out on the Office Orgy as I thought I did everything there. Alas. Or that the magic-defense room would actually have something to do in it after a bit and I just had to keep rubbing my face into it. Running theme, really. (Similarly it seems I missed out on a looot of skills, dang.) Things certainly could have been shown to the player better, as well as passing hints of, hey, doing this or that might trigger this. With all my running around I also felt that the whole assembled chapter was just a little to big in terms of map space, making it a chore to run around the various floors. This probably could be mitigated with a that-chapter-only speed-up or something tho.

Also; it took me a while to find Nalial's tower, mostly because I triggered the guard ahead of time. She remained there, making me think it was still off-limits and just some lore thing. Heck, I talked to her and she didn't relent and I hadn't figured out to just WALK INTO THE STAIRS. RAAAH.

Still. The mapping of the chapter looked nice, though the buildings in the city were a little guady looking. Though I guess that's not to out of place for a department store and brothel, respectively.

The game is still good. The writing is great, the characters fun, the plot compelling. I certainly still endorse it heavily.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015

So you're one of the people who made the name change necessary.  Well, at least we got an actual Fucklord out of it and he's hilarious.

Thanks for the info Tinman, and sorry it took so long to get back to you; I had some stuff I had though of when I read your post, but forgot it the next day, since I was reading to fall asleep, and have been trying to remember it since :p -- All I can remember was hypothesizing that 'magic' all comes from one source, that's why they can be interchanged, with how Robin can use lust to supply her arcane spells

Interesting hypothesis, although it would somewhat imply that divine and sexual are less effective than arcane since they both require changing naturally occurring magic into another form.  Makes me wonder how they'd develop, although I imagine that could be explained by the original Lustlord and goddesses.

Ps. How do you enter spoilers in the new forum version? Last time I did it, there was some button I could press, but it's gone now for some reason, and I can't seem to copy-paste to make it possible.

As far as I can tell, spoilers can no longer be added but old ones still sort of work.

In Megail's path... well, I am of the opinion it was ultimately poorly done. The desert made for a fairly poor map, while I struggled with finding all the bounty fights. Not doing them by any means, but actually figuring out where the fuck. Part of the problem was that I pretty much scoured the desert and hadn't realized they were in the previous section, too. Ain't a lot of going on here, really.

Yarra's path was a little weird, too. Ultimately I tended to do a lap of pretty much everything to figure out what I could do any given day, which constantly changed without really telling me. When I could chat up the orcs, for example. On the flipside I did have an idea of what I ought to be doing once the options were all presented, though I kinda stumbled into figuring out I could go underground after a point.

In Megail's path it's mentioned as you enter the area that bandits prefer using the passes to set up ambushes.  That was my logical reason to go back to that area.  The real problems are the bandit in the northwestern area of the map, and searching the desert for bounties that don't seem to show up (or at least I never found if all of the bounties can be gotten).

Yarra's path was the hardest of the three, since I haven't had a chance to play the latest update yet.  There was a lot of fumbling around and I only barely managed to see everything, which I had to confirm with a second playthrough.  It really seems like there should be a schedule starting from the first day.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Interesting hypothesis, although it would somewhat imply that divine and sexual are less effective than arcane since they both require changing naturally occurring magic into another form.  Makes me wonder how they'd develop, although I imagine that could be explained by the original Lustlord and goddesses.

As far as I can tell, spoilers can no longer be added but old ones still sort of work.

Hee, it doesn't have to mean that. From what I can tell/hypothesize of magic:

Sexual mainly relies on instincts, where you just feel and do, like with Qum and/or Simon's go at magic -- This makes it highly unstable, but also very versatile in how it can be applied.

Divine, I guess, is either based on belief (a concept), or instilled by someone else (kinda like knowledge). This makes it more restrictive, but gives it more 'power' as it's concentrated.

Arcane is somewhere in between the two, where there needs to be set procedures for it to be done, but it can be changed in ways to give it different affects, both 'bad' and 'good'.

Also, darn, wonder why they did that.

Ps Hmm, I don't think I worded it right, oh well.

IYarra's path was the hardest of the three, since I haven't had a chance to play the latest update yet.  There was a lot of fumbling around and I only barely managed to see everything, which I had to confirm with a second playthrough.  It really seems like there should be a schedule starting from the first day.

Hee, if you thought Yarra's path was hard, you'll probably think Simon's was tedious/confusing.

-------------------

Also, there seems to be a bug with the Lamia quest. If you wait and do it last, for some reason it doesn't complete, and once you expend a day, makes you do the 3 all over again.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Apologies if I missed something from the previous discussion, but want to reply to the bug report.

@Yamemai: What exactly do you mean by "do it last"? And when you say it doesn't complete, do you mean that the event cuts off prematurely or that it simply fails to register as completed?

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
So you're one of the people who made the name change necessary.  Well, at least we got an actual Fucklord out of it and he's hilarious.

Nah, replace all instances of "Incubus King" with "Fucklord" and you get how it was previously. Didn't really pan out given it wasn't exactly a COMEDY HONK HONK game.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Nah, replace all instances of "Incubus King" with "Fucklord" and you get how it was previously. Didn't really pan out given it wasn't exactly a COMEDY HONK HONK game.

COMEDY HONK HONK has always been my vision for this game, I don't know how I ended up with all this plot and worldbuilding. Every time I sit down and try to write a scene based entirely around accidental panty shots, I somehow end up coding an economics system. I'm bad at this.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015

There's a character named Cumdump whose development starts by accusing a snooty waiter of wanting to keep all the cum to himself.  Seems pretty COMEDY HONK HONK to me.  Besides, the title of Fucklord acting as contrast to Simon's very serious personality was one of the things I loved about it.

COMEDY HONK HONK has always been my vision for this game, I don't know how I ended up with all this plot and worldbuilding. Every time I sit down and try to write a scene based entirely around accidental panty shots, I somehow end up coding an economics system. I'm bad at this.

It's a good thing you're bad at this, the world is fantastic.  But would you weigh in on our discussion of the magic system?  I really want to know more about how the magic works in your game.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Apologies if I missed something from the previous discussion, but want to reply to the bug report.

@Yamemai: What exactly do you mean by "do it last"? And when you say it doesn't complete, do you mean that the event cuts off prematurely or that it simply fails to register as completed?

Meaning it is the last of the 3 to be completes, If you do both Royal Orgy and Route Fixing before completing the Lamia task, you'll end up with dialog saying there is only the Lamia complaining to do; which when you complete (after delivering the letter correct?), doesn't change the dialog when you interact with the paper again in any way. Then after you spend a 'day', interacting with the paper again gives you the 3 options, of which, if you select the first two, asks if you want to spend some time of it. I'm not sure if you have to do the lamia task again because I closed the game before finding out, to post the bug and cool my head. Also, I'm pretty sure it's the Lamia Quest, as it happened to me twice out of three play through, first one, which I didn't report since I thought it was due to faulty memory, and third playthrough, which I know I completed both.

Edit: Started a new version, this time doing the Lamia task first, but for some reason it says the same thing as if I saved the Lamia task for last, after I finish all the tasks. Here is a save file of me having only completed the Lamia task, if you need it.

View attachment Save01.rvdata2

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
There's a character named Cumdump whose development starts by accusing a snooty waiter of wanting to keep all the cum to himself.  Seems pretty COMEDY HONK HONK to me.  Besides, the title of Fucklord acting as contrast to Simon's very serious personality was one of the things I loved about it.

It's a good thing you're bad at this, the world is fantastic.  But would you weigh in on our discussion of the magic system?  I really want to know more about how the magic works in your game.

Re: Qum - that is the most serious part how dare you

Re: Magic - While I usually like to have the majority of lore in the game, it doesn't hurt to chat a little if you're interested. Your discussion so far has all been pretty much on point, did you have any specific questions?

Meaning it is the last of the 3 to be completes, If you do both Royal Orgy and Route Fixing before completing the Lamia task, you'll end up with dialog saying there is only the Lamia complaining to do; which when you complete (after delivering the letter correct?), doesn't change the dialog when you interact with the paper again in any way. Then after you spend a 'day', interacting with the paper again gives you the 3 options, of which, if you select the first two, asks if you want to spend some time of it. I'm not sure if you have to do the lamia task again because I closed the game before finding out, to post the bug and cool my head. Also, I'm pretty sure it's the Lamia Quest, as it happened to me twice out of three play through, first one, which I didn't report since I thought it was due to faulty memory, and third playthrough, which I know I completed both.

Edit: Started a new version, this time doing the Lamia task first, but for some reason it says the same thing as if I saved the Lamia task for last, after I finish all the tasks. Here is a save file of me having only completed the Lamia task, if you need it.

View attachment 2498

I played around with your save and it appears normal as far as I can tell. And since the main error you saw was under different conditions, I can't test that very well. Could this be related to the fact that the list of tasks changes except for the lamia quest at day 50?

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Re: Magic - While I usually like to have the majority of lore in the game, it doesn't hurt to chat a little if you're interested. Your discussion so far has all been pretty much on point, did you have any specific questions?

First, was I right about orcs building up sexual energy to reproduce when not aided by a breeding expert like Orc Floof?

Second, is magic performed by some kind of dance?  The scenes that involve Robin opening the magic doors or Qum and Yarra putting up barriers always seem to imply some kind of physical action for activating the magic.  Qum also refers to the spells as "pretty magic" and I'm not sure if she's talking about how the magic is performed or if she can somehow see the actual magic at work.

Third, why is sexual magic the go to type for manipulating souls when it's already both canon lore and shown in game that all 3 types of magic can do the same thing?  The unmen/unwomen might qualify, but we haven't seen any purely arcane mages altering people's souls despite how many villains we've already encountered that would have use for such a character.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
1) Yes, you have the right idea. I meant to imply this in the process described in the archives.

2) Depending on the tradition, magic is performed via words and/or hand movements. Theoretically there are probably people groups who have developed this into dances, but they weren't in my worldbuilding notes until I added them just now. Qum, however, is always talking about her intuitive understanding of magic. She is seeing things that aren't there but do reflect the underlying magical realities.

3) It's more about sexual magic being wielded by those who are most likely to manipulate souls. It's not considered respectable in most non-succubus cultures, just like necromancy or other arts that violate cultural mores. That's not to say that people don't do it or that it won't be relevant to the plot (Unpeople are indeed an example), but succubi and Incubus Kings are the ones who have been refining their soul manipulation techniques for years, so people tend to use theirs. There is, however, a well-developed arcane tradition of soul armoring to defend against such manipulation. Robin knows it and Simon has some experience with the very basics.

HandsomeStalin

Dec 23, 2015
So I've been going through the game for a week or so now, and so far it's pretty spectacular. I have had one issue, though it might have just been me being stupid. I may just plain be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that after "recruiting" Varia, you're immediately teleported back to the camp and forced to continue the story, unable to return to the world map again, which means if you haven't been to all the other locations, or, in my case, at least at the Withered Mountain Fortress, you can't visit anymore. (Which makes Aka's and Robin's story a real pain in the ass) Really the only reason I'm even bringing this up is that that is the only time it happens. Throughout the rest of the game, it's always pretty obvious if you're approaching a point of no return, so it was kinda unexpected. Again though, I might just be remembering it wrong, maybe I could have gone back and just didn't. Anyways, not anything game-breaking, and the rest has really been a great experience so far.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
So I've been going through the game for a week or so now, and so far it's pretty spectacular. I have had one issue, though it might have just been me being stupid. I may just plain be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that after "recruiting" Varia, you're immediately teleported back to the camp and forced to continue the story, unable to return to the world map again, which means if you haven't been to all the other locations, or, in my case, at least at the Withered Mountain Fortress, you can't visit anymore. (Which makes Aka's and Robin's story a real pain in the ass) Really the only reason I'm even bringing this up is that that is the only time it happens. Throughout the rest of the game, it's always pretty obvious if you're approaching a point of no return, so it was kinda unexpected. Again though, I might just be remembering it wrong, maybe I could have gone back and just didn't. Anyways, not anything game-breaking, and the rest has really been a great experience so far.

It depends on if you finish some of the other tasks first, like visiting Fereholm and, maybe, talking to the Succus at the tower before you visit the forest. Pretty much, depending on how you want to do it, you should either get Altina or Varia first, then head back to the Stineford region and do everything there. Save visit Fereholm (fighting the Impaler) for last.

--------

Anyways, yeah, that is probably it. And wonder why your version did seem to have any problems, as when I tried finishing the other two, on that save, it causes the bug I mentioned. I'll restart the route and try finishing all of them before day 50 to see if there are any changes.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015

Glad you're enjoying it! I actually intended Vari'a's forest to be done last, and the warning before you enter was meant to be the sign of no return, but few people seem to have interpreted it that way. You're not the only one, so I may think about redesigning this.