The Last Sovereign

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
So. I just discovered this game on Kimochi and thus far I'm loving it. I do have an issue however.

I'm at the end of Aka's  path, I haven't managed to trigger the uncles appearance. How do I do this for sure?

He appeared for me after I completed the 'The Order of Yhilini Thaumaturgy' section. If he hasn't for you, then I don't know what's wrong.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
He appeared for me after I completed the 'The Order of Yhilini Thaumaturgy' section. If he hasn't for you, then I don't know what's wrong.

He always appeared for me while I was making copies of the banker employees.  I assumed that it was a normal part of that quest.

Adanu

Jan 13, 2016
Where's he supposed to appear? The walkthrough says the throne room, but I've yet to see him there, and I've done everything else.

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
It seems that if you're too productive before returning to the throne room it's actually possible to miss him. That is, he leaves if your progress counter gets too high before you check back in with Janine. Which seems a little mean, to be honest, but perhaps Sierra will reconsider.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
When I initially made that route, I wanted more events to appear and disappear, to give the sense the city was a living place. In practice, however, this is a mess for gameplay, so I rolled back many of my initial plans. The limited window for this guy was along the same lines, so I'll change it for the next version.

Adanu

Jan 13, 2016
When I initially made that route, I wanted more events to appear and disappear, to give the sense the city was a living place. In practice, however, this is a mess for gameplay, so I rolled back many of my initial plans. The limited window for this guy was along the same lines, so I'll change it for the next version.

I figured it out after I replayed an earlier save. I actually like this idea, but considering this is very rare in video games in general, you need to actually mention it somewhere that new stuff might pop up. A better way to implement this might be sending a message to the wagon person when uncle person shows up, requesting the teams presence for 'issues'. This allows for events to be like a living world, but without the out of the blueness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adanu

Jan 13, 2016
And now I can't get into the succubus village in Yarra's path. How do you get access, and where? The wiki doesn't give any answers.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
And now I can't get into the succubus village in Yarra's path. How do you get access, and where? The wiki doesn't give any answers.

After you've gained the trust of the staff by being nice to the succubi in your building go into the tunnels through the locked door.  There will be a long empty tunnel, and if you head down it you'll come to a couple illusions and the option to dispell the second one (which will take up a day) leading to the village.

Adanu

Jan 13, 2016
After you've gained the trust of the staff by being nice to the succubi in your building go into the tunnels through the locked door.  There will be a long empty tunnel, and if you head down it you'll come to a couple illusions and the option to dispell the second one (which will take up a day) leading to the village.

lol... it's one of those things that can be easily missed, but can't be referred to since it's not an official task.

I think I've a new bug too.After reloading to get into the succubus village, I'm unable to get the guard succubus dialogue with the lord of bloods suite, nor check out the fucklords suite when I check out the succubus village on day 6. I'm effectively stuck from the sequence I've picked.

I'll have to save the "sleep" or the queen negotiation for day 6 to be sure I can progress.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
lol... it's one of those things that can be easily missed, but can't be referred to since it's not an official task.

I think I've a new bug too.After reloading to get into the succubus village, I'm unable to get the guard succubus dialogue with the lord of bloods suite, nor check out the fucklords suite when I check out the succubus village on day 6. I'm effectively stuck from the sequence I've picked.

I'll have to save the "sleep" or the queen negotiation for day 6 to be sure I can progress.

If you negotiate with the queen early on you don't really need the sleep to deal with the troll.  I can't think of anything else where you absolutely have to be well rested to do well.

Adanu

Jan 13, 2016
If you negotiate with the queen early on you don't really need the sleep to deal with the troll.  I can't think of anything else where you absolutely have to be well rested to do well.

If I negotiate early on I can't progress on day 6 night. Both Lords suites are locked out.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
It might be easier if you said what activities you have done during your free periods so that people can tell you what you're missing. I haven't seen any reference to negotiating with the orcs or succubi, or to infiltrating to meet Balia.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
If I negotiate early on I can't progress on day 6 night. Both Lords suites are locked out.

Since you can only deal with the succubi and orcs at night, you could postpone one of those until night 6 and do something else on the night where you usually do that.  There are enough activities that you can go the whole week without "sleeping", I did with both my saves.

Adanu

Jan 13, 2016
I tried that. Day 6 is when the hall is closed from your rivals 'orgy'.

I'm trying to find a sequence where I can do the queen negotiation on night 6.

As for what I've done. Succubus meeting, queen negotiation, "sleep", succubus village. When I try doing room scouting or going to the palace, I get 'not enough time'.

Edit 2: Yeah, I just tried saving the negotiation for day 6 and 'no time' again. Same if I try to get into the village. I tried to trigger '"sleep" and it isn't working, and since I didn't "sleep" before hand I can't get past the palace guard in the tunnel. I'll try sleeping earlier instead of doing the first orc meeting this time so see if I can get into the palace... but all indications suggest it won't work. I'm officially stuck on day 6 it looks like.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
If you're getting a message about not having enough time, that means there's a specific event that you should be doing that time period. It's possible that you've found a bug that made free time mode not turn on properly, but if so, it is one that no one else has encountered. Can you check what the last assignment you were given was, and if that doesn't seem to work upload your save for me to check?

Adanu

Jan 13, 2016
If you're getting a message about not having enough time, that means there's a specific event that you should be doing that time period. It's possible that you've found a bug that made free time mode not turn on properly, but if so, it is one that no one else has encountered. Can you check what the last assignment you were given was, and if that doesn't seem to work upload your save for me to check?

Last assignment? This is on Incubus Kings orgy night, day 6, so I know I'm supposed to be in free time.

Where d oyou want me to upload/send my save, and where are my save games?

I just tried loading an earlier save yet again, and this time I actually managed to get the negotiation started with only Yarra handling the green whatever. I reloaded, and it went away. So, something is going on there.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Huh this game has a thread on the forums? Wow, didn't know that, but interesting. I just only this past week found out about the game thanks to a fellow forum goer encouraging me to play it, and I must say I'm soooooo glad I agreed to!

Took about 18-20 hours for me to finish it, but I finally got through everything in the game (and that's not counting the 10 hours I spent when I first found the game, before restarting it to begin a proper playthrough). I must commend you Sierra for creating a wonderful world!

Almost no bugs, and a combat system that isn't too boring or difficult to get a hang of, plus lore galore. The only complaint I have is that sometimes certain mechanics aren't exactly explained to the players before hand (like the fact you can use characters skills outside of combat, though I blame myself for not checking it, still made me feel silly to figure that one out half-way through the game...). Simon's path was another that required me to play through it almost fully before I realized that the clocks can tell you what day it is, which I found by accident when trying to talk to the head office succubus.

That aside, I'm very happy I invested my time in this game, all those near sleepless nights were worth it! Also I think I came to this game at a very convenient point, since so much has already been added in. Now I need to wait like the others for the upcoming epic continuation of the story, may it be as fun to play through as everything else up till now.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Re: Kimochi - I'm actually not in control of the updates there. They started out doing it for me and I never got it switched. I asked to be given a dev account recently and haven't gotten any response to any of my emails. I hope that's just indicative of busyness or a wrong address.

@EmperorG: Glad you're enjoying it! I can only create so much each month, but I promise you many updates to come. ^-^

scott

Feb 4, 2016
hi thanks for the respond on patreon sorry could not fund more but will keep funding to see the full story and other projects you might do 

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Well, having just checked through the Completionist Boogaloo, I just remembered the real reason I'm not too keen on the idea of replaying Chapter 1 right back from the beginning (Or in my case, from rescuing Aka from Chosen-whatever-his-name-was*.). It's not Devil's Pass, it's not to rebuild relationships from scratch, it's not the Unmen and Unwomen, nor is it the entire Ari-Yhilina coup d'etat, the Heart of Corruption in the Stineford Mines, or the really, really long cutscenes that have now been addressed with a hammer of skipping.

No, my reasons for whatever screaming and running goes about in Chapter 1 can be summed up in one word... SPIDERS!

* - Huh, whaddaya' know, Chosen really are forgettable.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
No, my reasons for whatever screaming and running goes about in Chapter 1 can be summed up in one word,,, SPIDERS!

Agreed. Those spiders are so annoying.

And I forgot if it was mentioned, but can female characters be chosen?

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Agreed. Those spiders are so annoying.

And I forgot if it was mentioned, but can female characters be chosen?

It hasn't been mentioned explicitly, but it has been said that the chosen seem to conform to a type.  Every Chosen Simon has met seems to have been exactly like the one you meet at the beginning of the game.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
The next update for this game is a complex one, with too much content for one month. My patrons voted for this update to be split into two, like Stineford was, which means that there will be a public update in about a week.

Meanwhile, a teaser of what patrons are currently playing...

This update finally takes us to the city of Ardford:
Ardford_zpshzifqyup.png

It's time for all the political subplots to come to a head at the summit:
Summit_zps5ogzk8b9.png

And you'll also have a whole new wave of investments to play with:
Merchants%20Guild_zpsgqpuftzt.png

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Would it be recommended to wait until the update after this to update my file for those who wish to do all of Ardford at once?

Also, is the area around the city of Ardford available?

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
If you skip this update, the release in March will effectively be just a super big update with all the summit events.

You will be able to go to some locations outside Ardford, but I have not decided if they are worth a map screen. 

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
@Sleepyhead5: You have to read your event notification letter on the table and see the conversation about skipping that event before you can do any of the side activities.