Newlife

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
The more money cheats were great, but I just liked being able to extend my play-thru.

Gimme more time to pump out some bebbes.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all, I've just put out a new version - available from the usual places.

I wanted to see if you could enter the gym with just a sports bra, it's possible but...

"You are clad only in your underwear. You're wearing a white sports bra. Without a top there's nothing covering the smooth pale skin of your flat stomach. Your white yoga pants cover your legs completely. The tight yoga pants cling to your bottom, showcasing it for any onlookers."

...it says you're clad only in your underwear despite wearing pants/panties. Not sure if it's a bug but thought I'd point it out just in case.

Thanks, it does look like a bug. I'll fix that for the next release.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Small typo in 3.16 during sex shop scene...

"You give Taylor a spin so he can properly appreciate you and ask him what he thinks of you in these clothes. Taylor tells you that you look fucking gorgeous. He kisses you, a masculine hand on your lower back to pull you close, his palm warm through the thin fabric of your babydoll.
he tells you that he very much likes seeing you in this outfit, and offers to buy it so you can wear it for him again. "

The 'he' that starts the second line isn't capitalized.

Also are there trait requirements for the new scene in 3.16? The comment on the site from a random person just says go to the gym for the new scene but I went there twice a week for 40 something weeks and didn't see anything new. Asking in case something is bugged there. " Adjusted how men are chosen for the gym scene to make it easier to meet certain non-standard ones." unless that's adressing it in 3.17 but figured that was refering to the Horse scene.

~edit~ I see the new scene is supposed to be a 3 way with Horse and friend but I haven't been able to get that to trigger either, just the normal scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Small typo in 3.16 during sex shop scene...

"You give Taylor a spin so he can properly appreciate you and ask him what he thinks of you in these clothes. Taylor tells you that you look fucking gorgeous. He kisses you, a masculine hand on your lower back to pull you close, his palm warm through the thin fabric of your babydoll.
he tells you that he very much likes seeing you in this outfit, and offers to buy it so you can wear it for him again. "

The 'he' that starts the second line isn't capitalized.

Also are there trait requirements for the new scene in 3.16? The comment on the site from a random person just says go to the gym for the new scene but I went there twice a week for 40 something weeks and didn't see anything new. Asking in case something is bugged there. " Adjusted how men are chosen for the gym scene to make it easier to meet certain non-standard ones." unless that's adressing it in 3.17 but figured that was refering to the Horse scene.

~edit~ I see the new scene is supposed to be a 3 way with Horse and friend but I haven't been able to get that to trigger either, just the normal scene.

Thanks! I'll get that fixed for the next version.

The 0.3.16 scene is the transition scene that can convert Horse from a gym-only npc to a dateable one. The requirement is to have met him at the gym at least twice and for him to like you. After that it can randomly appear on gym visits, replacing the usual scene. It should usually be fairly straightforward to get unless you're making a point of being horrid to him.

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
I've been dating Horse for awhile, but I can't get our relationship to great so I can get the bonus from being really close. It's past the 6 month anniversary so I'm not really sure what's taking so long?

EDIT: Nvm, it just took way longer than normal.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
I've released the next version (0.3.18 patreon / 0.3.17 public). Details on the blog as usual. From 0.3.17 on Newlife is distributed as a zip file containing both the jar and exe as well as libraries.This was essential to fix a longstanding problem some people had with the save location, and it also makes it simpler to distribute - should have made the change long ago!

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
1: Game ends quickly

It only lasts for 52 weeks, and multiple weeks can pass without anything interesting happening. 

This is my main complaint. I'd love to have the option to keep playing if you choose to stay rather than go back your old life.

Or just to add more time at the beginning of the playthru.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Is there a way to get back to the main menu from in game? I've been messing with the chaos mode and have to exit and restart the game to start a new one.

Also not sure if bug, intended or crazy improbability but using chaos with a female start can't seem to produce a virgin.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Dance contest, nobble the competition, spying & blackmail...

"You spend some time sneakily spying on your rivals, and for a time you think that there's nothing out of the ordinary. There's this one girl though, who just seems a little off. As you watch further, a suspicion begins to crystallise in your mind. You've spent quite some time learning how to be a woman, how to act, how to stand, how to speak. This 'girl' is good, but she isn't good enough to fool someone as in-touch with your femininity as you are."

...comes up with a female start. I suppose to some extent it's still true but appears to be aimed at the 'started as a male' character.

Kanthis

Oct 6, 2015
For those of us not hip to current Fashion, I sure wish there were pics of the clothes.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
I really like the game as it is, but yes, sometimes I would like to be it more visual, but not just for fashion...

smut

Aug 27, 2015
I love this game. Where many similar games have tons of micromanagement which drives me insane, this one is actually playable.

The sex scenes are the best part, I love being able to write my own story of each sexual encounter. I know you unfortunately won't add anal, but I would love to see some more kinky "moves" that could be done during sex.

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
I would love to see some more kinky "moves" that could be done during sex.

+1 (not that anybody here would say no to more content lol)

I would love to have more options in the sex shop. 

Even just different positions (I wouldn't mind getting bent over the counter in front of all those customers ;D)

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
BTW, the current public release is the patron one so you have the cheats that enable a longer game etc.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Is there a scene possible after the drinking contest in 3.19? There's one for winning in 3.20 but was wondering if there was anything there before that.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all, I hope you've been having a good week so far!

Great game, but I have a few issues....

1: Game ends quickly

It only lasts for 52 weeks, and multiple weeks can pass without anything interesting happening. It does encourage multiple playthroughs, but right now there's no reason to do multiple playthroughs, and a game such as this may not fully benefit from having them.

2: Some furniture items are useless

Some of them require a larger home, which I do not think you can get yet. This issue is likely due to planned features.

Hi, glad you're enjoying the game!

I don't find there to be enough content to justify >52 weeks with one character. When I play for fun I've never gone past 52 weeks, and often feel that my character's story has run its course before then. You can get a different play experience by trying

characters with different traits so I want to encourage people to start new games.

I'm not aware of any useless furniture, although some have more significant effects than others. Which items were you thinking of?

Is there a way to get back to the main menu from in game? I've been messing with the chaos mode and have to exit and restart the game to start a new one.

Also not sure if bug, intended or crazy improbability but using chaos with a female start can't seem to produce a virgin.

If you press escape from the week planner screen you'll get the option to go back to the main menu. You need to save first if you want to go back to playing the same game later.

Thanks for letting me know about the virgin thing. That'll be changed in the next version.

Dance contest, nobble the competition, spying & blackmail...

"You spend some time sneakily spying on your rivals, and for a time you think that there's nothing out of the ordinary. There's this one girl though, who just seems a little off. As you watch further, a suspicion begins to crystallise in your mind. You've spent quite some time learning how to be a woman, how to act, how to stand, how to speak. This 'girl' is good, but she isn't good enough to fool someone as in-touch with your femininity as you are."

...comes up with a female start. I suppose to some extent it's still true but appears to be aimed at the 'started as a male' character.

Thanks! I'll fix that one too.

To be honest, I was never all that pleased with that particular sabotage path - a dance competition IRL wouldn't have a problem with a cross-dresser taking part.

The main reason it's there is as an alternative to finding another girl with the judge. There had to be a second option because cheating isn't properly handled yet so I didn't want the pc discovering her judge bf with another woman. At some point after

cheating's properly implemented I'll probably remove it altogether.

For those of us not hip to current Fashion, I sure wish there were pics of the clothes.

Unfortunately I lack the art skills to make such pictures myself, and I don't know of any suitable open-source libraries that have enough variety to cover the rather large number of possible clothing items in Newlife. If I could just take images from

online shopping sites then it'd probably be quite easy, but those images will all be copyright.

I love this game. Where many similar games have tons of micromanagement which drives me insane, this one is actually playable.

The sex scenes are the best part, I love being able to write my own story of each sexual encounter. I know you unfortunately won't add anal, but I would love to see some more kinky "moves" that could be done during sex.

Thanks! As for kinky moves, adding new single-turn actions to existing scenes is something I do sometimes - it's a much more realistic to implement than a lot of suggestions that I get about adding entire new scenes. If you have any requests for specific

actions then go ahead and make them - of course I don't guarantee that I'll add any, but it is possible.

+1 (not that anybody here would say no to more content lol)

I would love to have more options in the sex shop. 

Even just different positions (I wouldn't mind getting bent over the counter in front of all those customers ;D)

I actually have a bent-over sex path partially scripted out. It got cut, I think, just because I didn't want the scene to take too long to write. It's still on the todo list, although there are a huge number of other things there so it's difficult to know

when I'll get around to it.

Is there a scene possible after the drinking contest in 3.19? There's one for winning in 3.20 but was wondering if there was anything there before that.

There's a possible scene transition if you draw the drinking contest, although it isn't to a new scene. That's the path where your new friend is messing with your phone. Winning the contest in 0.3.19 is less interesting than drawing it and just leads to

the scene ending. The transition on drawing the contest requires you to have at least one man's number in your phone, so it won't trigger if you totally ignore the guys and just befriend the girl straight away.

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
Thanks! As for kinky moves, adding new single-turn actions to existing scenes is something I do sometimes - it's a much more realistic to implement than a lot of suggestions that I get about adding entire new scenes. If you have any requests for specific

actions then go ahead and make them - of course I don't guarantee that I'll add any, but it is possible.

I actually have a bent-over sex path partially scripted out. It got cut, I think, just because I didn't want the scene to take too long to write. It's still on the todo list, although there are a huge number of other things there so it's difficult to know

when I'll get around to it.

Yay! 

One thing I'd like for the "be mean to you" scenes is the chance for obeying your partner's command to fail. Like you tried to obey, but you came anyways. Especially if you just started having him be your master.

And a "punishment" for disobeying/failing.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Yay! 

One thing I'd like for the "be mean to you" scenes is the chance for obeying your partner's command to fail. Like you tried to obey, but you came anyways. Especially if you just started having him be your master.

And a "punishment" for disobeying/failing.

Conveniently, that's already in the game :)

The condition is somewhat specific though - you need to have low willpower. This gives you an 80% chance of failure when you choose the "try to obey" action.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all, I've just released 0.3.21, which has an uncharacteristic foray into bondage content. It was an interesting one to write, although going outside my usual area meant a bit more time on research and I'm sure serious BDSM afficionados will still spot many inaccuracies. Well, I hope you enjoy it, and there are a fair few smaller fixes and improvements for those of you who aren't fans of being tied up.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Hmm, when was the "accidental changing room" scene added?

I can't seem to find the scene, only the intentionally go into the men's changing room scene if you've got the sultry perk.

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
Looking forward to being able to date women. And some methods to be more of a gold digger. It's fun getting stuff out of the boss, but there's no point in any of the guys you date. They have nothing to offer you.

Can't they let me use their credit cards?

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Looking forward to being able to date women. And some methods to be more of a gold digger. It's fun getting stuff out of the boss, but there's no point in any of the guys you date. They have nothing to offer you.

Can't they let me use their credit cards?

I want to date women...

mokeo

Apr 14, 2016
Underwater Holloween Town
I have a question and I'm really curious about this scenario.

What if you happen to be off the pill or have the forgetful trait active and by chance you've enter the unsafe week during the same week you have to visit your sales client(That is if you already started a physical relationship) . What will be the possible outcome if you are impregnated by said client?

-Huge decrease in job performance thus making it harder to build it up again(If your boss find outs)?

- A demotion or a pink slip?

-A good amount of extra cash to keep this bit of info away from his wife?

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015

What if you happen to be off the pill or have the forgetful trait active and by chance you've enter the unsafe week during the same week you have to visit your sales client(That is if you already started a physical relationship) . What will be the possible outcome if you are impregnated by said client?

-Huge decrease in job performance thus making it harder to build it up again(If your boss find outs)?

IMHO that are good ideas but AFAIK nothing of that actually happen, or at least did not happend to me ...

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015

I remember in a previous update SplendidOstrich said that if you're impregnated by the client you can pressure him into giving you a sale.

Or something along those lines.

mokeo

Apr 14, 2016
Underwater Holloween Town
I remember in a previous update SplendidOstrich said that if you're impregnated by the client you can pressure him into giving you a sale.

Or something along those lines.

Is that so, I've been trying to see what might occur if I got pregnant with the sales client but my timing is always off or I just have bad luck so I wasn't quite able to achieve that goal.