Bestest Minerva Guide to Save Editing Ever

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah, after you pointed that out I went and looked and FF removed it this test. If I knew what to put in for "version" I'd manually insert it. Probably the issue

Look at the "minVersion" integer, and just copy that value into the "version" one. I've had no issues using this method.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Look at the "minVersion" integer, and just copy that value into the "version" one. I've had no issues using this method.

Yeah... edits need to be logged by notification settings.

On other hand, version doesn't mean anything. minVersion was there, saved and tested, not working even with FF and no renaming or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
On other hand, version doesn't mean anything. minVersion was there, saved and tested, not working even with FF and no renaming or anything.

No No, I mean copy the value from minVersion into version. Make a new integer named "version" and give it the same value that minVersion uses, like I did in my screenshot from the previous page. Those are two different things that both need to be there, but they seem to use the same number.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
No No, I mean copy the value from minVersion into version. Make a new integer named "version" and give it the same value that minVersion uses, like I did in my screenshot from the previous page. Those are two different things that both need to be there, but they seem to use the same number.

Nope, tried making new integer and didn't work. Alas, I think .minerva is dead for the time being. Either it gets a major overhaul or a full editor is completed, still have to wait to do heavy editing.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Have you tried making sure that the version wasn't removed from the save file by minerva? Sometimes It deletes that when using the online version.

version has to be lowercase V. Change the "Version" to "version" and loads just fine.

Wow. How the fuck did that happen? Works fine, now.  Thanks!

I feel like this info should be in the OP.

Things you don't expect an editor to do: randomly delete shit

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
Things you don't expect an editor to do: randomly delete shit

I get the feeling that it only does this on Firefox. Kinda like how the save file size limit issue only crops up on chrome. Be great if the makers of minerva fixed that, but I don't think they are doing anything with it anymore.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I get the feeling that it only does this on Firefox. Kinda like how the save file size limit issue only crops up on chrome. Be great if the makers of minerva fixed that, but I don't think they are doing anything with it anymore.

Probably is, we'd know for sure if Chrome would work. Damn you, stack errors!

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016

I've always been using it on Firefox for a couple months now and this is the first and only time it's given me any problems. It's also consistent in that it only borks saves made by 6.58, every time.

I can even re-open a file right after I save it in minerva and it's cutting the version flag off before the game's even had a chance to touch it. But saves from old playthroughs load and save fine.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Edit: I appended the OP with the new Chrome stack and Firefox version issues. Thanks Blackwater Syn for the solution to the latter.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Tried using online .Minerva in Opera today. Everything worked out smoothly: no memory capacity problems and no random flag deletion.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
But you see what they're up to don't you? Eventually, you'll run out of browsers...and their plan will be complete.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Y'know..."them"! They're like the Jack-of-all-trades of evil...or something. Under the cover of vagueness, they concoct nefarious and devious schemes surrounding this, that, and other things. They are the masters of minor misfortune.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Y'know..."them"! They're like the Jack-of-all-trades of evil...or something. Under the cover of vagueness, they concoct nefarious and devious schemes surrounding this, that, and other things. They are the masters of minor misfortune.

I know of at least 3 groups that could be described as such... Their plan must be working.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
for the life of me minerva is not working and I dont know how to make it, regardless of browser it will fail to load but then in a couple of months it will start working again and I don't know why

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
for the life of me minerva is not working and I dont know how to make it, regardless of browser it will fail to load but then in a couple of months it will start working again and I don't know why

Online Minerva hasn't been updated since January 9, 2015, but its compatibility with TiTs changes with every new release of the latter. You can work around some errors that crop up, but not all. Use the offline version if you need to change something, or use the upcoming editor that's being worked on. The online version is pretty hit or miss now.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Online Minerva hasn't been updated since January 9, 2015, but its compatibility with TiTs changes with every new release of the latter. You can work around some errors that crop up, but not all. Use the offline version if you need to change something, or use the upcoming editor that's being worked on. The online version is pretty hit or miss now.

Its not that its not working, I cant load the page its on, let alone download it to use, any page with minerva (whether it's minerva itself or the page to download it) it just fails to load and I don't know why

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
to clarify I, for whatever reason cannot access coursevector.com to run minerva or to download it, I just get this:

blog.coursevector.com took too long to respond

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Never thought it'd come to this, but have you tried deleting cache?

Ill try after I save to file first

edit nope. it'll come back eventually I just would like to know why it does this

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
No clue then. If it still doesn't work, the lastest offline version is here The offline version won't let you add or delete flags, however, you can still edit the ones that are there.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
No clue then. If it still doesn't work, the lastest offline version is here The offline version won't let you add or delete flags, however, you can still edit the ones that are there.

That just leads back to the home forums where would I find it in there?