Bestest Minerva Guide to Save Editing Ever

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I'm noticing a lot of Minerva threads popping up that ask the same four questions over and over. I'm getting a lot of post mileage by answering them, but now it's just irksome. So...

Bestest Minerva Guide to Save Editing Ever

Online: Go here, click the big green button
Offline: Download and install Adobe Air > Download and install Minerva (under the Legacy section from the previous link)

0) Backup
1) Open a .sol file. This means a normal save. Save To File creates a different save type which is not compatible
   Save Locations:
      -Windows: Hit Windows key + R > Type %appdata% and hit OK > go to the search bar and type .sol > wait 30s and all your TiTS/CoC .sol saves should pop up
      -Mac: Either search .sol, or go to ~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/ If not there, it'll be a little further in #SharedObjects/<random numbers and letters>/localhost
2) Read this and this, then read the big purple warning on the second page again
3) Change numbers*
*Don't change a lot at once. Seems the more you do the higher the chance of the save not popping out right

The list of Global Values for CoC has been lost to the void during the site change. Tell me if you've got it, and I'll add it
Global Values for TiTS are here

On changing File names
-No, you can't just change the .tits to .sol and expect it to work. That's like changing a pdf into an mp3 and expecting it to run in itunes. Just remember, for CoC and TiTS when using Minerva: Save=Good, Save to File=Bad
-Save names look like CoC_n and TiTs_n with n representing whatever save slot it's occupying. Changing any of this will cause the save to simply not appear on the load screen
-As an aside that has nothing to do with Minerva, you can change Save to File save names without issue. For example, I have a TiTS save right before Poe A named Izzy - 37 days-Halloween.tits, and it loads just fine

Offline Vs Online Minerva
-Offline Minerva is really outdated, but generally less likely to botch a save. And you don't need internet to use it, which a perk- I guess. You have to get crafty to do things like adding new perks. There is no easy way to add new parts.
-Online Minerva's chances of file corruption during a save fluctuates between versions. It can easily do things like adding new perks/parts just by copy pasting it from a save that has it to a save that doesn't. Paste it in the right place.

Misc Issues
Q: I need your halp! Online Minerva stopped working in Chrome. It keeps spitting "Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded" at me.
A: Believe it or not, TiTS' save files are now too big for Minerva to handle. It appears to only be an issue with Chrome. No solution at current.

Q: Now Firefox stopped working! Online Minerva v6.58+ kills saves.
A: Online Minerva is deleting the version number when it loads, which is bad. Recreate the flag by adding a new Integer in TiTs_n.sol\ (the top most layer) called "version", and make the value "26". If the problem persists in newer versions, do the same but input the correct value for that version. It appears to only be an issue with Firefox.
     -thanks Blackwater Syn for the solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: constance

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Awesome guide, never tried Minerva since always was too lazy for it, but I might try it now that I got such an indepth guide for it.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Most of the global values in TiTS are ported over from CoC, aren't they? Pretty sure, so just with deduction remove what is definitely known to be TiTS stuff (leithan, etc) and you should have the CoC stuff.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
@EmperorG Thanks! (though my real purpose in making this was so I had a catch-all answer I could link to...)

Yep, CoC values are pretty much the same, minus the displacement caused by TiTS only stuff, which is mostly species' parts. It would still give a pretty good idea of what value to start bouncing around from though.

Also, I remember someone posting a mod for the online Minerva that made it much more stable. It's really buried though- I can't find it (that topic might even have been before the grand move). So if someone still has it, let me know.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Bah, I've never had the online version mess up a file on me, and I've been re-editing the same one over and over as I've played

DiscipleOfDeath

Aug 29, 2015
Online version has fucked up numerous times for me, only use it if I want to do something perk related otherwise always use the offline but that is just me

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
I've always wondered why the online version fucks up so hard for people. I use it extensively and it only ever messes up if I don't have something in the place it should be (i.e. an undefined check inside of a cockflag array, etc.). Could it be how people load their files into it? (Load and Save good, import and export bad.) Or maybe it could be that people try to edit the file all at once? I'm pretty sure that the likely hood of your save biting the dust in the online version increases if you decide it'd be a good idea to change EVERYTHING all at once.

Edit: Then again that could just be me, I only ever usually use it to make my character the way I want it at the beginning and hardly ever decide to play god with my character afterwords, unless I'm seeing what would x look like with y.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I've always wondered why the online version fucks up so hard for people. I use it extensively and it only ever messes up if I don't have something in the place it should be (i.e. an undefined check inside of a cockflag array, etc.). Could it be how people load their files into it? (Load and Save good, import and export bad.) Or maybe it could be that people try to edit the file all at once? I'm pretty sure that the likely hood of your save biting the dust in the online version increases if you decide it'd be a good idea to change EVERYTHING all at once.

I think it's less actual cases of messing up and people's prejudice from a few they can't let go so they tell everyone else the online version is worse when it's not.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I never said the online version was worse, in fact many features are exclusive to it. As for why people often mention its varying stability, around the time of the former forum online Minerva was updated fairly frequently. Some versions really did not like TiTS, and often corrupted with even minimal changes. Whether or not the recent revisions have all been reliably stable does not change this, and so it's better to give a heads up and provide an alternative.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
No need for apologies! I'm certainly one of those who brought up its instability, I just wanted to give my reason for having done so.

Paradox9

Sep 29, 2015
Is there a way to change the name of your race? I want to be a laquine, and have manually changed all the attributes, is there any way to get it to call me a laquine rather than an alien hybrid?

Galvani

Feb 25, 2016
Is there a way to change the name of your race? I want to be a laquine, and have manually changed all the attributes, is there any way to get it to call me a laquine rather than an alien hybrid?

I do not believe that Laquine transformations are currently properly implemented.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

You will need to reach deep into the bowls of the game and change the way it calculates and parses racial score.

Draca

Feb 29, 2016
Well my question for you people is what is the most stable version of .minerva at the moment. If I try to use the online one it imediately causes the .sol files to be unreadable by tits. Even if I don't change a single variable. I'm just glad that for once I actually did make a backup.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Well my question for you people is what is the most stable version of .minerva at the moment. If I try to use the online one it imediately causes the .sol files to be unreadable by tits. Even if I don't change a single variable. I'm just glad that for once I actually did make a backup.

Ugh. Use your basic problem solving skills. if the online version doesn't work for you, use the offline version. When the online version updates, try it again. Or try it with a different browser.

Draca

Feb 29, 2016
Ugh. Use your basic problem solving skills. if the online version doesn't work for you, use the offline version. When the online version updates, try it again. Or try it with a different browser.

I figured it would be much easier to ask here than to go through each version individually. Sorry if I cared to ask for some help from people who have been doing this for a while instead of just doing the same things several others have already done before me. Why should that be such a problem. Plus I may have no problem the first time I use 3.5. Later on I do and must switch to 3.4. i would rather know which one is most stable right off the bat than jump in without a clue. Its the sort of thing I do. Ask more experienced people for advice so I don't have to walk in the same pile of dog crap as they did.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Chill dude, no need to have a chip on your shoulder or anything. There is no previous version of the online editor, once it's updated you can't go back. However, all the offline versions are incredibly stable, even more so than the online version, so feel free to use those.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I figured it would be much easier to ask here than to go through each version individually. Sorry if I cared to ask for some help from people who have been doing this for a while instead of just doing the same things several others have already done before me. Why should that be such a problem. Plus I may have no problem the first time I use 3.5. Later on I do and must switch to 3.4. i would rather know which one is most stable right off the bat than jump in without a clue. Its the sort of thing I do. Ask more experienced people for advice so I don't have to walk in the same pile of dog crap as they did.

No, you're being an entitled brat, asking everyone to do your homework for you while hoping to do as little thinking as possible yourself.

"Offline Minerva is really outdated, but generally less likely to botch a save."

This means that even the offline version isn't 100% stable and will fuck up occasionally. This site assumes that posters are 18+, so I did write the guide assuming a certain level of competency in its readers.

I can't believe your issue was actually about stability between the offline legacy versions (which you should have clarified in the first place btw)... The most recent offline version is obviously the one to use if you're using the offline version. If 3.5 works for you sometimes, but sometimes doesn't, that's a given, and why I brought up stability in the first place. Minerva fucks up sometimes. That's what happens, there is always a chance it won't work. It isn't a designated Fenco game editor. If your grand plan was to try it once, then bitch about it not working and get indignant when called out about it, Minerva isn't for you.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Btw, I'd like to give a word of advice for anyone who does actively use the offline version of Minerva. If you edit your save, and then save said save inside Minerva, and then proceed to try to open said save ingame, but the save is now gone, close Minerva, then reload TiTS and try loading again. For whatever reason, offline minerva occasionally hides or holds onto a save until the application itself is closed.

Also I've just figured out that whatever it is that you're doing, you're probably doing it wrong. Just tested myself with online minerva, was able to edit breast size, save, and the save works just fine. By any chance, are you using import and export when you edit with the online minerva? If you are, don't. Use open and save.

Draca

Feb 29, 2016
Btw, I'd like to give a word of advice for anyone who does actively use the offline version of Minerva. If you edit your save, and then save said save inside Minerva, and then proceed to try to open said save ingame, but the save is now gone, close Minerva, then reload TiTS and try loading again. For whatever reason, offline minerva occasionally hides or holds onto a save until the application itself is closed.

Also I've just figured out that whatever it is that you're doing, you're probably doing it wrong. Just tested myself with online minerva, was able to edit breast size, save, and the save works just fine. By any chance, are you using import and export when you edit with the online minerva? If you are, don't. Use open and save.

Moved save one to desktop (.sol) Used open file. Give it 30 seconds to make sure it is actually loaded and not just looking like it is. Had to deal with stuff like that before especially when I used to play games on my old 98 desktop. Just normal for me now. Saved the file without any changes to the www.fenoxo.com folder I got the original from and then tried to load it. I'm about to check if what you mentioned does the same thing in the online .minerva as it does offline. Otherwise that version may just not play well with my computer for any number of reasons.

Edit: Well looks like that is not the problem for me. Even tried rebooting my computer and checking the file in .minerva again. File looks clean at least a a glance. The game can see it though. Only in the delete menu though. From what I can tell the game sees that there is a TiTs_1.sol but it can't access any info from it at all. Even in the delete menu it says slot 1 is empty. But the button is usable and works. Oh well Guess I will deal with it tomorrow night or whenever. Thanks for trying.

bambi_f20

Feb 26, 2016
The first time I used Minerva, it worked.  But lately it simply doesn't.  I'm using the online version.

Basically, all I'm trying to do is edit my credits.

I open the .sol file.  Everything seems correct.

I change my number of credits.

I hit save.

It doesn't show up in TiTs.  I've tried using a new name.  Saving over a savegame that works.  Nothing.  It just doesn't work.

Any tips?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
It doesn't show up in TiTs.  I've tried using a new name.  Saving over a savegame that works.  Nothing.  It just doesn't work.

Any tips?

Odd, it doesn't even show up on the load screen? Does the file name match the initial folder that shows up in Minerva? ex: open TiTs_1.sol, the folder that shows up should say TiTs_1. If it doesn't match it won't show up.

If Minerva corrupted your save it should still show up on the load screen, but it fails to load- so this isn't the case.

If just editing credits is your goal, you can also try the offline version. When the online version is updated, it's a bit of a dice roll whether it still works.

There's also been a bug floating around regarding loading saves on certain browsers on ver 0.633+. Can you still load non-Minerva'd saves? If not, then that bug bit you. If that is the case, go here and follow the directions.

bambi_f20

Feb 26, 2016
All my saves are fine.

A post-minerva save just doesn't show up at all on the save or load screen.  It isn't recognizing them.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
The first time I used Minerva, it worked.  But lately it simply doesn't.  I'm using the online version.

Basically, all I'm trying to do is edit my credits.

I open the .sol file.  Everything seems correct.

I change my number of credits.

I hit save.

Any tips?

Just in case, the file saves to your browser's default download location. You have to transfer the file from there to your save location.