Old one awakes (In game)

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
"Not the most original line I've ever heard" Rick retorts back as he pats out the last of the flames, wincing at the heat, and readies himself for a fight. The creature is taller, stronger (probably) and has a longer reach than him. Plus, the prick with the read armor can throw spells at him. This fight is stacked rather heavily against him.

In an effort to tip the scales in his favor, he charges the earth warrior sword at the ready. Just before he gets within the monster's reach, he tucks his sword across his body and rolls under the expected counter-attack; ending up on the creatures side so that it will be between him and the man in the red armor. After catching himself at the end of the roll, he rises to his feet and spins, bringing his sword down on the creature's leg with his full strength.

Last edited by a moderator:

oholoko

Aug 27, 2015
Nyarlathotep looks Grin walk towards the town square, the first though in her mind is the fish that she is carrying away, the Jabberwocky looks towards the town square and then follows the hornless dragon wanting her food, maybe the dragoness would get distracted and leave the fish for her to catch. 
She walks closer and watches as Lucille and Rick fight with beings made of earth and water, her reaction is of amaze at first and then fear. "What is happening?" Nyarlathotep asks looking at the man in red armor. Not wanting to draw conclusions or to be get in the fight for now she simply stands there waiting for Grin to take an action. 

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
"Go! Now!" Soleil yells to Kryc.  Locking the shop door Soleil heads to the town square, fearing what she will find. 

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Grin looks to Nyarlathotep before turning back to the action. "Something I'd never thought I would live to see. Black Earth, Crushing Wave and Eternal Flame working together. Most of the time they're at each others throats. If those three are working together then I'll bet that Howling Wind is also in on this." She looks around as if looking for someone.

The water being thrusts it's arms forward in a almost perfect stab. However it's target moved to the side and slashes down on its arm. This action did little more then send a few drops of water flying as the sword goes through its body. It lets out an annoyed sounding gurgle. From it's position it bends its arms in an impossible angle for any creature with bones to stab the annoying opponent in the side.

The being of earth watches as its opponent charges, it raises its maul to bash Rick. It was a tad too slow as Rick rolled past it. As Rick slashes its legs, sending a few chips of rock  clattering onto the ground. It gives a rumbling chuckle. "Futile" It turns and lifts its weapon to smash Rick.

Soleil arrives in time to see the two fights going on. Three men are standing by the fountain watching the fights. She sees a dragon girl inhale and cups her mouth.

"Unless you use magic to enhance your weapons then you'll never beat them!" 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Lucille growls as the dragoness' words ring in her ears. She doesn't know any magic that could help her in defeating this aqueous monstrosity, but... there may still be a way. Anything electric or icy could do the trick, now just to find something or someone who could imbue her weapon with those qualities in short order. Until such arrangements can be made, however, she's gonna have to play on the defensive. Going behind the creature would put her between two opponents, so that's out of the question. Before finishing that thought, another strike is on it's way and she kicks off the ground to get some distance, even if it it'll land her on her keester. Until someone skilled in magic shows up, she'll have to be a distraction for the blob.

oholoko

Aug 27, 2015
Nyarlathotep looks towards the creatures and then to the ones fighting them, the jabberwocky eyes glow with fire expecting to see something or at least find the howling wind that Grin talked about. After all she couldn't fight the elemental beasts, the closest thing to an element she got was her breath and even that don't seem to be able to do much on these creatures it might even get the situation worse if it affect the ones fighting them. She searches far and wide with her vision searching through the town square, moving around and hidding to try and not get any attention to herself.

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
Upon seeing his attack's pitiful effect, Rick once again rolls to the side to avoid the incoming blow. "Confident, aren't we? Try to keep that attitude. I'm just getting started." he says after readying himself for another attack.

Hearing the dragoness' warning causes him to mentally face-palm. In retrospect, he probably should have lead with that. A normal sword isn't the best tool for breaking rocks. He collects magical energy into his outstretched left hand as if to throw another lighting bolt, but instead he runs the hand down the flat of his sword's blade. Sparks of electricity arc from his hand as it passes along the blade, leaving the blade coated in lightning once he is finished.

With his newly charged sword, he once again runs at the creature. This time, he feints the same roll he did before and spins to the other side of the monster; bringing his sword down on the monster's midsection. 

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Topaz winces as she looks at the fight, her instinct to go and help them...but a blacksmith isn't one to fight...right? The two already in the fight look perfectly capable...except only one of them seems to be able to make a temporary enchantment of their weaponry. "I....I'm sorry Perrin but, I have to go and help them. I'm a Fire Drake, a blacksmith...but, its my duty to give people the means to fight against things like those. And, maybe I'm too prideful in my work to use some of my magic, but now I have to." Taking her hammer she says the magic words she knows by heart, the hammer erupting into flames before she sprints towards Town Square, as she begins to reach the area she aims her hand at the water elemental and fires a bolt of  magic fire directly at it.

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Not yet certain who the agressors/troublemakers are Soleil hesitates to act.  She considers blanketing the area with sleep pollen, but the magically constructs will likely be resistant to such effects.  And failing to disable all the combatants could be problematic.

Seeing someone she recgnises, a fellow merchant and one she trusts to have the best interests of the city at heart, entering the fray, Soleil decides to give her aid.  Soleil steps out of the shadows into the sun, drawing it in, she whispers the chant directing the energy into Topaz enhancing the Fire Drake's strength and speed.  

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Nyarlathotep can see an outline among the clouds. It doesn't seem like it was moving just watching.

The water being begins to advance on Lucille when a fire ball slams into its torso. The ball hisses it self out in steam when it collides with the water. The being turns its head to Topaz, after judging her to be the greater of the two threats, he moves towards her. It gurgles something causing frost to cover the points of its trident. When it gets into range it starts to thrust its weapon at her.

The being of earth groans as the sword cuts a few inches into its body. It rumbles something causing its maul to glow yellow. Swinging faster then before it hits Ricks side, the moment it touches thunder sounds. Sending Rick rolling on the ground, the being chuckles and moves for a second blow.

Grin starts to inhale.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Lucille rolls to her feet, and notices another fighter has joined the fray. She's frustrated and angry at her inability to hurt her opponent, and she can't communicate to the others what she needs. As the elemental switches target, she uses the opportunity to free herself from her mute prison and takes off her head, shouting: "CATCH!" Before taking her blade and lobbing it in the direction of Rick and Topaz. Her free hand goes purple and she slams her fist down into the ground. A few seconds later, a ravenous, decaying monster pops out from the earth in front of her. Drooling and smelling of dirt, blood and rotten flesh, it charges at the Elemental from the back and climbs on, obeying Lucia's silent instructions. It headbutts, claws and gnaws at the armour, trying to distract the creature long enough to let the newcomer get another shot or two in on the adversary. She reattaches her head and joins the fray, herself, trying to rip the weapon straight from the elemental's... hands?

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Topaz yipes as she jumps out of the way of the trident, taking her hammer and swinging it at the trident to knock it away, although due to her inexperience this causes the trident to graze her lower torso. Topaz blinks as she feels....stronger and better, reacting quickly to the sudden sword as she grabs it mid air, quickly moving away from the water elemental as she takes the blade and enchants it with the same flames hers has. "THIS IS YOURS RIGHT?! It should work now!" She tosses the  now flaming sword back at the woman doing the odd head attaching and decapitating, but now wasn't the time for questions.

oholoko

Aug 27, 2015
Nyarlathotep points at the weird outline in the skies, after that she walks closer to Grin. "I think there's someone over there, it might be that howling wind you talked about." She says to the other dragon her finger still pointing to the position in the middle of the clouds, she looks at the undead and the humans fighting the weird creatures, and then looks towards the fish in Grin hands. What to do... She decides to help with the battle by throwing the first thing she sees on the being made of earth buying some time and giving the upper hand for a moment, the Jabberwocky hurls the first piece of wood she finds that is a part of a kiosk or stand on the earth being, and then waits for it's reaction.

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
Rick rises slowly after that hit, clutching his side. Something might be broken, but he can't tell through the adrenaline and the ringing in his head from whatever enchantment was on that hammer. He looks up in time to see the earth creature looming over him and a flash a fear runs across his face. Instinct takes over before the fear can and he lunged forward in an attempt to impale his sword into the creature's body.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The water elemental ignores the ghoul for the most part. The only thing that really had an effect was the ghoul climbing onto its back. The extra weight throws it off on its strikes.

The earth elemental turns its head to look at Nyarlathotep when she throws the piece of wood at it. At that moment Rick thrusts his sword into it. It turns back and rumbles something.

The man with long hair and robe say something in two different languages. The man in the robe gurgles at the water elemental while the man with hair rumbles to the earth elemental. Both turn and move to their respected master, the earth creature rips the ghoul off the water ones back. All of the men pull out a colored stone, red, blue and dark brown. The man in red armor looks to the fighters.

"Thank you for helping in this test of ours. I hope you live long enough to see, or join, the coming storm." They all say a word in the different tongues and they disappear. If Nyarlathotep looks up she'll see that the figure is no longer there. Grin falls to her knees as sighs.

"Oh thank Tiamat their gone."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Lucille stands there in disbelief, clutching her weapon, unable to comprehend what the hell just happened. And this was supposed to be an easy listing, bah! She takes her head off to cool down from her bloodlust, causing the ghoul to return to her mistress like a loyal dog. The ghoul returns to the earth from whence it came, and upon seeing the wounded fighter who assisted in the battle, she feels a slight tinge of... something in her head. She can't quite put a finger on it, but... no... no, it's empathy. It's coming back to her now, she's not happy seeing the friendly, if reserved mercenary injured.  She walks over to aid, and question, him. Though whilst walking, something again nags at her brain. The conditioned words ring in her head "He's weak." "He was hit." "He's living." "He's everything you can be never be!" "You hate him! You want to kill him! YOU WANT TO RUN YOUR BLADE THROUGH HIS CHEST AND DEVOUR HIS HEART!" The sounds of her handlers boring their way into her head is making Lucia go crazy from inner conflict. She tries covering her ears with her hands but they keep chanting in her head. It overcomes her, and her bitterness again rears it's ugly head. The disembodied head stares at Rick with a boiling, or in this case, freezing hate. But deep down, there's still a hint of empathy, of humanity within the icy windows. "Pick yourself up." She finally says.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Topaz winces again as the girl takes off her head, the flames on her hammer disappear as she hands the sword back to the girl who can take off her head before noticing the human is injured "! Your hurt!" Running over Topaz kneels down to help him to his feet "That was also some pretty nice moves from a cutie like you. Lets get you patched up somewhere okay?" Her hands are a bit hot to the touch as she helps the human up, her concern about the injured warrior "Whats your name? I'm Topaz...a local blacksmith."

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
Standing causes Rick to wince at the pain in his side. He might have a few ribs broken. That hammer was no joke.

"That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Mine is Rick Helron, mercenary for hire." He says with a smile and wink despite the pain. "I definitely wouldn't mind any kind of healing. Looks like you could use some too." He gestures to the wound on Topaz's torso.

He then turns his attention to the Heartless. "Charming as always. Nice to see you again. Glad to see you're unhurt." He responds half genuine half sarcastically. Her gaze makes him uncomfortable, but the pain in his side outweighs any worry he might have.

"So, do either of you have any idea what just happened?"

oholoko

Aug 27, 2015
Nyarlathotep  looks around and then lets out a sighs of relieve, as soon as she does her stomach growls loudly. She looks down towards Grin hand waiting for the fish she was promised. "Uhmmm now that the weird things are gone. May i mist..." She says and then stops herself a little habit she needs to get rid of. "Miss Grin?" Nyarlatotep then turns her gaze towards the rest of the group. She wonders what happened but in her life she learned that curiosity don't bring good things to her, she then just waits for the other dragoness to hand her the fish.

Nyarlathotep then tries to grab the piece of broken wood she threw away to fix the broken stand but the wood seems to have shattered, she thinks about how she will be punished by it but from the looks of it no one cares so she just waits for Grin to give the food and show her sisters. 

Phil Ein Blank

Aug 31, 2015
Soleil rushes over to the human mercnary and gives him a slap,  "If you're hurt lay down and don't make it worse before your turn.  Bonehead."

Turning to the Fire Drake, scolding her like a mother or big sister, "Topaz, the blacksmith's assistant, yes?  What you did was reckless and stupid.  An untrained fighter rushing in like that."  Then with a smile, "Thank you."  
Topaz would feel a wave of weakness pass through her as the enhancing magic is withdrawn.  Soleil then tends to Topaz's wound both physically and magically.   Giving the human, Rick, a sour look every time he insists on moving instead of waiting his turn for treatment.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"You know, I was hoping you might have some information, yourself... mercenary." Lucia stands back and smirks as he's hit by the odd woman. "Please, do continue." She grimaces and her expression sours dramatically, as if her amusement was punished. "Now would someone kindly tell me what the fuck is going on!? Three elementals and a pair of oddballs cause damage, incite and panic and injure people... and GET AWAY on MY WATCH!"

She takes a few, long breaths to calm herself down, before turning to the Fire Drake. "A blacksmith? You could be a fine warrior, in your own right." "Good reflexes, even if we didn't finish those bastards..." She extends the free, icy-cold, gauntlet-plated hand, holding her head in the other. "Lucia-Lucille, Heartless of Arborea." She says, in as chipper a tone she can make that description sound.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Grin hands a fish to Nyarlathotep. "We'll go in a minute." She walks up to the group with caution, mostly do to Lucia's out burst. She runs a hand over her crest. "If you don't mind, I know who they were. Well more like what they represent and a hunch on who they are. Oh where did my manners go. Grin of the green dragons. Before you say it, yes I know it's a bad name." She crosses her arms and has a look as if daring you to make fun of her name. "So you want to know or no?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Lucia-Lucille, Heartless of Arborea. And please, do tell Grin, I'd rather this place not get quarantined." She pauses briefly, gritting her teeth and clenching her fist. "I may be a Heartless, but I won't punish those who do no wrong in eyes of the law." She shakes her head to clear her mind "And what was that about your name? Why is it a bad name?" She asks with a raised eyebrow...

The bad thoughts are gone for the time being, and she can focus on communicating, rather than fighting the voices in her head telling her to do bad things.

Dragonheart42

Aug 26, 2015
Topaz blushes a little bit at the compliment, giving him a smile back before he points out her wound "Its nice to meet you Rick but I'll be alright, its not too deep, and I have no clue what happened...I just felt this magicial energy and came out to see it." She continues to help Rick til Soleil comes over, Topaz gives back and look of embarrassment at being scolded, but nods seeing how the woman acknowledges it was the right thing to do.

As the wave of weakness passes through Topaz, she briefly stumbles before regaining her posture "I know it was stupid, but...its my job to give people the means to defend those they love right? especially when a nice looking guy like Rick shows up" she gives Rick a wink. "Thanks for healing me miss, I greatly appreciate it."

Taking in Lucia, she takes her hand and shakes it a bit nervously from seeing her plop her head on and off in the last 15 minutes or so quite frequentely "Thanks. and nice to meet you too Lucia, I already said I'm Topaz."

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
"Ow! Hey! Who just walks up and slaps people? Besides I'm not that hu-" Rick winces again as the pain flairs up. "Ok. Fine. Maybe I am that hurt." He grumbles in a defeated tone and starts to slowly sit back down. 

Seeing the Heartless, whose name is Lucia apparently, shift emotions so quickly is a little jarring. She's definitely more animated than any Heartless he's ever met.

Turning his attention toward Grin, he eyes her curiously. "I would love to know who the hell they were. Please continue."

oholoko

Aug 27, 2015
Nyarlathotep  devours the fish, biting onto it and ripping off pieces of the meat before reaching the bones after that she swallows the bones with the mouths bellow her arms. "I don't care who they are as long as they don't bother me again." She then smiles patting her own belly and looking around to the damage caused by the group and the elementals.

Nyarlathotep thinks of what to do next and then gets near Grin, waiting for her to say something so that they can leave, she stares at Topaz and then turns her attention to the rest of the fishes in Grin hands, she then repeats the cycle going from dragon to the fishes every time.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Grin hands Nyarlathotep another fish. "Well don't you think 'Grin' is a odd name for a dragon. More of an imp or fairy name but that's off topic. Those three were Black Earth, Crushing Wave, and Eternal Flame. My friend here saw someone up in the sky so I'll bet Howling Hatred was here to. As to what those are, the answer would be cults. They don't worship the gods or the demon lord but elemental princes. Their goal is the same, the destruction of the world until only their element remains. Most of the time they're fighting each other to prove that their element is the best but this was all of them working together. That is very bad."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I should go report this to my superiors, immediately." She says, sternly. "I don't blame you if you aren't coming with me, I am a Heartless after aaaagh!" The voices ring in her head, and she drops to her knees and loses grip on her head, causing it to fall to the ground. "Take her in. Give her up. She's not your friend. She'll make you look weak." They chant in unison, trying to establish dominance over her body. "NO! I AM NOT YOUR PAWN! I! AM! MY! SEEEELF!" She screams, trying to drown out the constant taunting and attempts at control. "Why do you try to fight what gives you purpose? Face it, you're nothing but a headless freak to these people." "Think about that for a while, Lucille." They finally say, before dying down within her. She's silent for about a minute, before muttering, then saying, and finally shouting "I'm not a freak... I'm not a freak! I AM NOT A FUCKING FREAK!" She picks her head back up and walks to the edge of the fountain, where she sits down with her head in her lap.

oholoko

Aug 27, 2015
Nyarlathotep eats another fish in the same fashion, her eyes now fixed on crazy headless lady she then whispers to herself. "I think you are wrong on that one." After finishing the bones she smiles feeling for the first time in days she could eat until feeling full the jabberwocky then sits down on a chair nearby, she starts looking at the mouths bellow her arms and starts caressing them for a bit before turning her attention to where the weird outline in the sky was.

Nyarlathotep then looks down to the floor lifting herself. "Well it's not my problem." She sighs and starts walking in circles bored.

Resdoodle

Dec 14, 2015
Lucia's outburst rips Rick out his thoughts on what Grin told them. His surprise switches to a confused sense of worry that she appears to be yelling at no one.

"Hey Lucia!" He shouts from his position on the ground. "Calm down. No one is calling you a freak. You can relax. It's OK." She may not be the most pleasant person he's ever met, but he'd rather not see her have a mental breakdown.