Top Ten Bands You Listen To....GO!!!

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Yeah, this was in early November so i had several holidays to offer her affirmations over which were never returned nor was I said anything to for my birthday. After Christmas and New Years I pretty much got the picture. Its sad, and I do sometimes think of what I could've done otherwise but realistically if things were that bad that she couldn't forgive me for being awkward then then unless I hit every flag from that point until now probably things would've probably gone south anyway.

Maybe we'll reconcile some day, but at this point I've made peace with the idea we will not.

pSYCHO

Apr 22, 2016
I would hope so! and if not then I'm sure you'll find an even better friend! GOD LOOK AT US AND OUR SISSY ASS SHIT!lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I don't know about the rest of users, but these threads come very handy to find out new stuff.

If only because this once-hardcore Muse fan didn't really care about Drones either. :p

TresdeLeche

Aug 27, 2015
I don't know about the rest of users, but these threads come very handy to find out new stuff.

If only because this once-hardcore Muse fan didn't really care about Drones either. :p

I think that was the album pSYCHO was talking about, and my opinion on the album is so-so.  I like half of the songs on the album, but the rest never really stayed with me. I especially love "Dead Inside" and "The Handler" the most. :D  

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Its at least interesting to see what others listen to

Harlan

Apr 26, 2016
`My list is a petty portion of the assortment of genres I dabble in. @_@ 

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I think that was the album pSYCHO was talking about, and my opinion on the album is so-so.  I like half of the songs on the album, but the rest never really stayed with me.

Same here. I'm a bit bummed I am going to miss them live for the first time since 2004, but given how I feel concerning this album and how chances are they will never play/have stopped playing my favourite songs of theirs I will not cry a river.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
So my ten personal favourites:

Die Ärzte (german)
The Cure (english)
Ostfront Hate System (german)
Monster Magnet (american)
Daft Punk (french)
Eisregen (german)
Hypocrisy (swedish)
Beastie Boys (american)
Siouxsie and the Banshees (english)
Marilyn Manson (american)

FrankenApple

Mar 29, 2016
1. Gorillaz

2. Gorillaz

3. Gorillaz

4. Gorillaz

5. Gorillaz

6. Gorillaz

7. Gorillaz

8. Gorillaz

9. Gorillaz

10. Gorillaz

I don't listen to other bands. ._.

poiuygtyu

Mar 26, 2016
Not really bands per say but:

1. Kendrick Lamar
  2. Joey Bada$$
  3. Run The Jewels
  4. Flatbush Zombies
  5. ScHoolboy Q
  6. Danny Brown
  7. Isaiah Rashad
  8. Flying Lotus
  9. Chance the Rapper
  10. Nujabes (RIP)

Night

Aug 26, 2015
Breaking Benjamin 

Crown the empire

The amity affliction 

Metallica

Disturbed 

Chevelle

Red

A perfect circle 

System of a down 

Evans blue

*Bonus* Travis Scott

Sypha82

Apr 16, 2016
Seven Lions

Tool

Conjure One

Paul Oakenfold

Delerium

Mystery Skulls

Disturbed

Filter

Guardians of the Earth

Oceanlab

I'm kind of all over the place.

CallistheCalloused

Nov 5, 2015
Huh...I'm not sure I can even name ten.

1.Audioslave, or  Anything with Chris Cornell in it Because i'm not too crazy about the new soundgarden stuff...it feels hit or miss, but Audioslave my god they couldn't do any wrong as far as I was concerned and Shadow on the Sun is like a personal theme song.

2. Jack White- Or anything with jack white as a member. White stripes, raconteurs, the dead weather, whatever if he's in there I'm listening to it at least once. Too many songs to even single out a favorite thing he's done. But I've been listening to black bat licorice lately because...."Well I have to spit it out, whatever's in my mouth" is so true of me.

3.Disturbed- the band grew on me with time, i wasn't a fan at first but now I listen to most stuff they come out with. 

4.Lupe Fiasco-Popped up at a time I was starving for a lyrically conscious rapper intelligent raps are so hard to find unless you dig deep into the underground.

5. Hopsin- Lucifer effect was probably the song that sold me on listening to hopsin and I haven't stopped checking back to see what's new he's done since.

6.The Roots- doesn't really need explaination, the legendary roots crew are....legendary. If you ain't heard The Fire you've missed something big. I've been listening to the roots off and on for years thanks to my older brother who used to play their stuff alot when i was young. 

7.Imagine Dragons- Forget radioactive for a moment. Gold, Roots, Monster, Friction, Bleedin out, I'm so sorry, who we are....there are so many songs worth listening to besides just the few constantly looping on radios. 

8. Royal Blood- recently started listening liking what i hear so far

9. Muse- KNIGHTS OF CYDONIA. Nuff said. Well no not really but to put it in perspective I had a guild on a private RO server that litterally dominated the server to this song, The knights of Cydonia conquered all major cities, and macro'd song lyrics during emperium wars as we charged into battle on our pecopecos and slew our enemies. Ah memories. I still listen to muse alot though though their recent heavy handed political album irritated me.

10. wait i'm at 10 already? Goddamn....um....i could name a shitton of bands but I mostly cherry pick songs than follow bands, Sooooo for the 10th slot I'm going to go with.......Lindsey Stirling. Because goddamn if she didn't make violin 'cool' practically all by herself.

Mikey

May 19, 2016
Bad Religion

off with their heads

swollen members

army of the pharaohs

the casualties 

pantera

afi 

mischief brew 

the dead kennedys 

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
AC/DC

The Who

Queen

Led Zeppelin

Journey

The Eagles

Judas Priest

Aerosmith

Steve Miller Band

ZZ Top

Yeeah I know its from the 60s to the 70s but you gotta admit the creativity at that time is just unmatched and many of those bands are still rockin' today. I'm only 41 but I grew up listing to a wide variety of music and the types that spoke to me the most were the range from hard rock to bluesy rock. Many of us know about those who are now sadly missed.. Bon Scott, Keith Moon, John Bonham, and Glenn Frey. But theres so much talent still alive and kicking in those bands like Billy Gibbons - He used to jam with Jimi Hendrix!

Its only been a year since I got bilateral cochlear implants and I'm still finding riffs, beats, lyrics, and all kinds of wonderful sounds from listening to those bands.  :parrot:

Mikey

May 19, 2016
AC/DC

The Who

Queen

Led Zeppelin

Journey

The Eagles

Judas Priest

Aerosmith

Steve Miller Band

ZZ Top

Yeeah I know its from the 60s to the 70s but you gotta admit the creativity at that time is just unmatched and many of those bands are still rockin' today. I'm only 41 but I grew up listing to a wide variety of music and the types that spoke to me the most were the range from hard rock to bluesy rock. Many of us know about those who are now sadly missed.. Bon Scott, Keith Moon, John Bonham, and Glenn Frey. But theres so much talent still alive and kicking in those bands like Billy Gibbons - He used to jam with Jimi Hendrix!

Its only been a year since I got bilateral cochlear implants and I'm still finding riffs, beats, lyrics, and all kinds of wonderful sounds from listening to those bands.  :parrot:

Don't need to defend your musical interest! Some of the last original music savants. Could listen to the Steve Miller Band until I turned to dust. 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Bad Religion

off with their heads

swollen members

army of the pharaohs

the casualties 

pantera

afi 

mischief brew 

the dead kennedys 

There is a disturbing lack of punk representation on this forum. +1

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
I do enjoy the music by the Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Clash, Misfits, but that's early punk rock. I'm not THAT into the hardcore speed punk but I really like the early punk rock style personally. It's not in my top 10 but those bands are in my top 30 or so. I like most music styles but I generally won't listen to opera (i get bored and sleepy) or gangsta rap (don't like the subject matter AT ALL). Get rid of the voices and lyrics of opera and gansta rap and I'd probably listen to it.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Can you define what you mean by band?

Do you mean:

Singer, guitarist, drummer.

Or any group of people who make music?

L

Lawleious

1.Gorillaz

2.FFDP

3.Caravan Palace

4.Disturbed

5.Eminem (He is a band all on his own)

6.The Cohorts

7.Sunny sun sun times in sunland

8.Vinnie Paz (Once again he is a band all on his own)

9.Madness Productions  (They're a game company but they some pretty fucking awesome tracks)

10.Valve (Don't act like you didn't like all of their soundtracks)

Basically anything that gets me excited and adrenaline fueled I could honestly add hundreds more here but I did this mostly out of how often I listen to them (ALSO WOIDER I KNOW YOUR GONNA SEE THIS SO I DON'T MEAN THAT KIND OF EXCITEMENT)

Last edited:

Mikey

May 19, 2016
Can you define what you mean by band?

Do you mean:

Singer, guitarist, drummer.

Or any group of people who make music?

I'm sure it can involve anyone who makes music you enjoy. 

8.Vinnie Paz (Once again he is a band all on his own)

Also props on the Paz pick. AOTP and Jedi are insane. Vinnie solo is great too. All those guys are so different. 

Jiffler

Sep 2, 2015
1. Gorillaz

2. Gorillaz

3. Gorillaz

4. Gorillaz

5. Gorillaz

6. Gorillaz

7. Gorillaz

8. Gorillaz

9. Gorillaz

10. Gorillaz

I don't listen to other bands. ._.

They're all so good!

OK, let's see...

1.Reel Big Fish

2.AC/DC

3.Queen (rarely)

4.Fall Out Boy

5.Gorillaz

6.The Beetles (rarely)

7.Voltaire

8.NICO Touches the Walls

10.That's it...

Crowley