Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

K

Krynh

@Couch, I'm extremely new to the game, and Myrellion seems to be a bit of a hot topic right now. It sounds interesting, but it would help if I knew a few things. I hear a few things about the planet possible being nuked, and the hint at possible peace, could you please explain/elaborate? Thanks!

If you don't pay attention during Kara Quest 2 or are a person with no morals you can set off a nuke that makes each side think the other did it. Then they let off their own nukes. As for possible peace, that hasn't been implemented yet

Eztorre7s

Oct 20, 2016
If you don't pay attention during Kara Quest 2 or are a person with no morals you can set off a nuke that makes each side think the other did it. Then they let off their own nukes. As for possible peace, that hasn't been implemented yet

Thank you for clarifying that, I hope that peace is eventually attainable, I like happy endings. BTW, the "core" storyline of the game is to find the probes, right? How many are there to find exactly, is it known?

K

Krynh

Thank you for clarifying that, I hope that peace is eventually attainable, I like happy endings. BTW, the "core" storyline of the game is to find the probes, right? How many are there to find exactly, is it known?

There are only 3 currently. There will be more, but the next story planet hasn't been implemented yet

Jorik

Oct 15, 2016
What exactly are you going to write? What about pregnancy related tags?

The gold victory/sorta peace path I was discussing before. I'd need to dig through the parser API for pregnancy related tags to answer the second part and I'm not terribly motivated on that front since it's not really my focus. No idea if they'll want to use it once it's properly done but I'm interested in that kind of story driven writing on my own so it's not like I'd consider it a total loss if not. Won't have an opportunity to start on it in earnest for 2 weeks, though.

Eztorre7s

Oct 20, 2016
The gold victory/sorta peace path I was discussing before. I'd need to dig through the parser API for pregnancy related tags to answer the second part and I'm not terribly motivated on that front since it's not really my focus. No idea if they'll want to use it once it's properly done but I'm interested in that kind of story driven writing on my own so it's not like I'd consider it a total loss if not. Won't have an opportunity to start on it in earnest for 2 weeks, though.

Gold victory/sorta peace? Can you elaborate a bit?

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016

You have my full support. I'm willing to pitch in if you need any extra fingers.  :smugdog:

At the very least it would dispell this idea that there is no reasonable way to side with the golds and get a satisfying ending out of it as has been suggested. 

Whoops, missed that. This is just one path to a possible peace, right?

Its not currently any path to peace. No endings to the war have been completed yet. This is just one possible option that was thought up because the current one that was hinted at wasn't really a gold victory at all. Hopefully if this gets written and put out there it will get noticed and maybe even get put in the game if not at least show there ARE ways to make a gold victory route that doesn't involve the reds actually winning. If you want more information on what I'm talking about there it was discussed in this thread not too far back.  A few pages I think. 

Eztorre7s

Oct 20, 2016

You have my full support. I'm willing to pitch in if you need any extra fingers.  :smugdog:

At the very least it would dispell this idea that there is no reasonable way to side with the golds and get a satisfying ending out of it as has been suggested. 

Its not currently any path to peace. No endings to the war have been completed yet. This is just one possible option that was thought up because the current one that was hinted at wasn't really a gold victory at all. Hopefully if this gets written and put out there it will get noticed and maybe even get put in the game if not at least show there ARE ways to make a gold victory route that doesn't involve the reds actually winning. If you want more information on what I'm talking about there it was discussed in this thread not too far back.  A few pages I think. 

Hey, I just read the scenario of Steele becoming the Nyrea king, might there be a possibility of Steele becoming the red and/or gold myr ruler as well?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Hey, I just read the scenario of Steele becoming the Nyrea king, might there be a possibility of Steele becoming the red and/or gold myr ruler as well?

There is a slight difference between overthrowing a self-proclaimed 'queen' that rules over a relatively small tribe of people that determine power through physical/sexual prowess and overthrowing a relatively modern government that rules over one of the two major world-spanning nation.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

As much as I like Cap'n Steele, I would be seriously weirded out if he became the ruler of either Myr.

Friend of the leaders? Sure. But ruler of the Myr? No.

Maybe corporate overlord in an epilogue after you've won the game and gotten the inheritance, but not before that point.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015

Probably not. None of the myr races has the one king to rule them all type of leadership. The red myrs leadership consists of several generals, while the gold myrs have several queens.

I personally don´t care about being a ruler, but getting even more on the good side of the queens? Heck yeah!!!

I love my Irellia, and wouldn´t mind getting more intimate with some other queens, especially Scalla.

Eztorre7s

Oct 20, 2016
There is a slight difference between overthrowing a self-proclaimed 'queen' that rules over a relatively small tribe of people that determine power through physical/sexual prowess and overthrowing a relatively modern government that rules over one of the two major world-spanning nation.

Probably not. None of the myr races has the one king to rule them all type of leadership. The red myrs leadership consists of several generals, while the gold myrs have several queens.

I personally don´t care about being a ruler, but getting even more on the good side of the queens? Heck yeah!!!

I love my Irellia, and wouldn´t mind getting more intimate with some other queens, especially Scalla.

As much as I like Cap'n Steele, I would be seriously weirded out if he became the ruler of either Myr.

Friend of the leaders? Sure. But ruler of the Myr? No.

Maybe corporate overlord in an epilogue after you've won the game and gotten the inheritance, but not before that point.

I see your points, corporate ties with them, helping uplift them to the stars, rebuild their numbers (both by fixing the fertility issues and the "other way" lmao), etc., after the war is resolved makes a bit more sense. Too bad, that would be cool! Just for kicks, I'll ask you this; if he could become king of the Myr, how would he? Could that natural orange Myr child possibly be important later on? Besides the rebels route, perhaps Steele could set up peace talks?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I see your points, corporate ties with them, helping uplift them to the stars, rebuild their numbers (both by fixing the fertility issues and the "other way" lmao), etc., after the war is resolved makes a bit more sense. Too bad, that would be cool! Just for kicks, I'll ask you this; if he could become king of the Myr, how would he? Could that natural orange Myr child possibly be important later on? Besides the rebels route, perhaps Steele could set up peace talks?

If its the orange myr child I think you're talking about, that child exists only to point out that the Orange Myr tf will /not/ fix the problems between the Myr and might make things even worse do to racism. The only way Steele could end up in charge is using his status as Nyrean King/Queen as a front and justification to wage war on the planet to defend his fiefdom, and that would only work if he had SteeleTech backing him fully (Which they won't because that just makes you look like an asshole to the galactic public and your stock value will plummet).

The planet is simply too big for him to take over, that's why he could manage it against the Nyrea in fact, since they only hold a village with a single ruler for you to fight for dominance. The Myr just have too many leaders for Steel to overwhelm, the best he can manage is an alliance with one faction, which would probably allow him to set up Myrellion as a Corporate World like Uveto is (and Mhen'ga might become).

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
I think it would be very interesting if based on your decision during the war you can gain a Gold or Red myr crewmember. Like if you side with the feds than  Queen Irellia(or Lys or Yarasta) comes to steele and asks for steeles help in getting her off world or if you side with the republic than Nehzara(or Briha) asks steele to get her off world because their is no reason for her to stay on Myrellion. Also if you pick a certain path than you can gain both a Gold, and Red Myr crewmembers after the war is over.

Eztorre7s

Oct 20, 2016
So, if peace has been achieved, or maybe even if it hasn't, how should we start to overcome the Myr fertility problems?

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
So, if peace has been achieved, or maybe even if it hasn't, how should we start to overcome the Myr fertility problems?

Fertite?

Basically doing heavily research on the myr genome and make fertility treatments which fits their biology. Or perhaps make some way to increase the male ratio.

Just ideas of course :p  

I think it would be very interesting if based on your decision during the war you can gain a Gold or Red myr crewmember. Like if you side with the feds than  Queen Irellia(or Lys or Yarasta) comes to steele and asks for steeles help in getting her off world or if you side with the republic than Nehzara(or Briha) asks steele to get her off world because their is no reason for her to stay on Myrellion. Also if you pick a certain path than you can gain both a Gold, and Red Myr crewmembers after the war is over.

I don't know about Irellia her being a queen and all (as much as I would've loved a Phylla 2.0 I can't see a way for it to work with all kids she keeps spewing out, stationary waifu? Sure, mobile crewmember? Nope), but I would definitely love having a myr crewmember of any kind (preferably female) on the ship.

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Fertite?

Basically doing heavily research on the myr genome and make fertility treatments which fits their biology. Or perhaps make some way to increase the male ratio.

Just ideas of course :p  

I don't know about Irellia her being a queen and all (as much as I would've loved a Phylla 2.0 I can't see a way for it to work with all kids she keeps spewing out, stationary waifu? Sure, mobile crewmember? Nope), but I would definitely love having a myr crewmember of any kind (preferably female) on the ship.

I was thinking of irellia that she goes onto steele's ship to be brought to the nursery and keeping her there as a helper of sorts. Since she has all those kids they could help manage the nursery or become Steele tech employees .

the fertility thing for the myr would also make the queens obsolete and than naybe even if the gold myr win she could become Phylla 2.0 since her children don't need her to have kids anymore.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I was thinking of irellia that she goes onto steele's ship to be brought to the nursery and keeping her there as a helper of sorts. Since she has all those kids they could help manage the nursery or become Steele tech employees .

the fertility thing for the myr would also make the queens obsolete and than naybe even if the gold myr win she could become Phylla 2.0 since her children don't need her to have kids anymore.

First off, Gold Myr Queens aren't very good mothers, to put it lightly. They bitlrth them and maybe sometimes feed them, but the nurses and then the awesome ladies in the thollums are arguably more of a mother to those little ant babies than their Queen.  

That's one of the reasons I only partially bought into them caring deeply about their children, mostly because I didn't want to hate on Irellia.

And I'm sure that in case of any outcome other than a complete racially-political ppurge done by thd Reds, the Gold Myr System of government won't go away immediately.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I think it would be very interesting if based on your decision during the war you can gain a Gold or Red myr crewmember.

I guess it'd be nice if Steele could take Briha and Lys as crewmembers.

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
First off, Gold Myr Queens aren't very good mothers, to put it lightly. They bitlrth them and maybe sometimes feed them, but the nurses and then the awesome ladies in the thollums are arguably more of a mother to those little ant babies than their Queen.  

That's one of the reasons I only partially bought into them caring deeply about their children, mostly because I didn't want to hate on Irellia.

And I'm sure that in case of any outcome other than a complete racially-political ppurge done by thd Reds, the Gold Myr System of government won't go away immediately.

Yeah I always knew that irellia would not be the beat mother I was thinking about her kids. They could be trained to help in the nursery and since irellia is always having kids the  nursery would be an ideal place for her.

I guess it'd be nice if Steele could take Briha and Lys as crewmembers.

I agree it would be great to have ether of them as a crew members.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
the fertility thing for the myr would also make the queens obsolete

Not really, because Gold myr fertility is very much tied to them having the "queen gene".  So if you take a random, gold myr female and unlock her fertility, her biology will turn her into a queen.

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Not really, because Gold myr fertility is very much tied to them having the "queen gene".  So if you take a random, gold myr female and unlock her fertility, her biology will turn her into a queen.

Oh that makes sense I thought there was only three queens in total in the republic. Seeing how in the game the three queens are the only ones left in the republic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016

Is it me or does that sound like something Xenogen would do...

Dun dun duuuunnnnn

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Oh that makes sense I thought there was only three queens in total in the republic. Seeing how in the game the three queens are the only ones left in the republic.

Actually there are way more Queens, most of the Gold Myr Queens fled to the capital after the rest of their territory was taken by the Reds, so there are a whole bunch of them in the city. The three you meet are just the ones that were having a meeting when you popped by the city, they are among the youngest and so they are sorta obligated to work together till they're strong enough to stand on there own. If you look around town, you'll notice guards blocking you from the rest of the city, since Gildenmere is actually way bigger than the small bit we have access to. The other Queens hang out in those parts we aren't allowed to go.

Oh and there is a fourth Queen in the game, you meet her in Kressia running a shop.

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Actually there are way more Queens, most of the Gold Myr Queens fled to the capital after the rest of their territory was taken by the Reds, so there are a whole bunch of them in the city. The three you meet are just the ones that were having a meeting when you popped by the city, they are among the youngest and so they are sorta obligated to work together till they're strong enough to stand on there own. If you look around town, you'll notice guards blocking you from the rest of the city, since Gildenmere is actually way bigger than the small bit we have access to. The other Queens hang out in those parts we aren't allowed to go.

Oh and there is a fourth Queen in the game, you meet her in Kressia running a shop.

Oh yeah makes sense. Haven't played TITS for a while have to play it again to freshen up on the game.

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
I'd like to have your opinion on this guys. Out of the current myr that Steele can interact with which one ( or two) would make the most sense to be able to become a crew member? I think it could be either of the deserters or Nehzara could workout really well. What do u guys think?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I'd like to have your opinion on this guys. Out of the current myr that Steele can interact with which one ( or two) would make the most sense to be able to become a crew member? I think it could be either of the deserters or Nehzara could workout really well. What do u guys think?

Briha and/or Lys