Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
(and even Arille, partially)
Are you sure about that? She seems pretty chill about things, and the difference I've noticed between her, Evelyn, and Domrona is PC agency. Now we the player may not have a direct choice but if the character we play is proactive in the scene then we feel like at least we have a little agency. With Arilla there is a back and forth, progress the relationship and she'll end up doing subby stuff for you - even handing you control. Can't get that stuff with Evelyn or Domrona, your character gets their personality hard cut into being the subbiest mofo around with no agency in the scene or proactive, not even as a powerbottom.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Again, she gives you her buttginity, she's playing up the part but she's actually never had anything or anyone up there until that scene, made clear if you are a penile virgin as well when you get to that point, at which point her reaction is a lot more genuine. And even in that reading scene, if you haven't made her give up that reading like a third into the scene and end up a blubbering mess barely able to stay coherent... then I think I'm playing very different characters than the rest of you, lol.

Also, DomArona and Arille; exists. Arille is pretty much the same thing as Evelyn, except way more "abusive" and you usually get to use your dick, and at the fifth scene you do get to turn the tables (generally same ratio as with Evelyn). And DomArona is like on another level.

And again, you get warned about what Evelyn is going to be about pretty explicitly , and then you have to purposefully go back to her over and over. I feel like half the butthurt on display here (mentally and literally I guess, heh), is because the new dragon spear stuff "forced" people to do her stuff just to see DragonLyn content, as opposed to that being an expansion for people that was already doing her content. Most of my characters I apologize and close the door to her, because they aren't into that, but I appreciate the content for what it is on characters who are into it.

View attachment 30727
that buttginity joke got me.
Not sure about Arilla being abusive, did I miss a page?
You got to like the idea of being totally dommed by a dickgirl to really be into Evelyn, it just ain't it for some ppl
Kinda wish every "dom content" scene in the game was written by Alypia.
nah everything would be too romantic, variety n spice brov.

Reactions: Sacremas

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Are you sure about that? She seems pretty chill about things, and the difference I've noticed between her, Evelyn, and Domrona is PC agency. Now we the player may not have a direct choice but if the character we play is proactive in the scene then we feel like at least we have a little agency. With Arilla there is a back and forth, progress the relationship and she'll end up doing subby stuff for you - even handing you control. Can't get that stuff with Evelyn or Domrona, your character gets their personality hard cut into being the subbiest mofo around with no agency in the scene or proactive, not even as a powerbottom.
Yeah this, with Arille you're approaching her in a context where you both know you want to fuck and she lets you know she's into domming. It's basically a fuckbuddies relationship that can become a little more serious as she maybe catches feelings. There's both more agency and more intimacy.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Yeah, okay, I agree, hence why I put the "kinda" part on it, I wasn't really decided on it. So let's leave it at DomRona then lol.

Reactions: Melancholy Man

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Yeah this, with Arille you're approaching her in a context where you both know you want to fuck and she lets you know she's into domming. It's basically a fuckbuddies relationship that can become a little more serious as she maybe catches feelings. There's both more agency and more intimacy.
Something I've also come to appreciate when I see it is the PC and Arille having dialogue, not a summary of what the PC says but the character talking to the other. Shoutout to Wsan, Fleep, SKoW, n Alpyia for writing dialogue that flows.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
In regards to the list and where the kitsune place on it, I feel like you can split them into two groups. You are an outsider, the difference is whether or not they look down on you for that. That being said, just because they don't look down on you for it doesn't mean they can't do you disservices as a result of seeing you as an outsider.

Kiyoko and Kinu probably thought they were doing you a favor by handling all the kitsune society side stuff, including Kinu's marriage, on their own. But that's a form of arrogance too, it's more obvious in the case of Garth deciding he knows best in regards to the Gweyr situation but that was a more serious situation with more serious and obvious consequences.

In the case of floof house though, you are the spouse and not the child yes but also the scenario isn't that serious, the only problem is an emotional one that you can talk through. It smarts more though, because it's your family. That's probably the most important thing to consider in that ranking, it's heavily dependent on their relation to the Champ. Kasyrra would deserve top spot in terms of pure displayed arrogance but she's more powerful than you and she's a demon so she gets more leeway, in the same way the Seven get more leeway because they're gods, arrogance is unfounded pride and scorn. If anything, the very tippity top of the "needs humbling" list is Tollus, in both impersonal and personal contexts. Then again this seems to be for interactable NPC's so in that case I'd give it to Nakano in particular out of all the kitsune or maybe still Kasyrra, since there's only so much leeway you get for being a demon.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
*Kitsune written by Tobs
*Kitsune not written by Tobs
I'd agree to that, but for the existence of Rindo and Kohaku, who I genuinely like.

I would probably like the Kitsune sisters, but for whatever reason their "accent" makes their dialogue unreadable to me. Liaden's accent is about as far as I can get, otherwise it just feels sloppy and makes this autist disgusted about their existence and just skip the lot of it.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Really?! That's actually part of why I like them. The accent gives that exotic feel.
Yeah, it's also a nice contrast from the polite speak from half of the other kitsune. This is a different kind of split though, because not everyone who speaks formally looks down on you and not everyone who speaks casually is nice. Admittedly though, the only person who doesn't speak formally but is rude to you is Takahiro I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: waterpanther7

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell
I love the accent of the Sisters it's like talking to 2 Rogues from X-Men. I'm just waiting for Miko to call the Champ "Sugar" that's how I read their texts.

Reactions: waterpanther7

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
I just hate all accents in general, especially when it feels forced. And they didn't exactly start off on the right foot with me to begin with, unlike Liaden, who I make more an effort with, but I just can't be arsed for some floofy cunts I'd rather turn into a pretty coat from their tails.

I mean, I did note it as "to this Autist" after all...

Reactions: Kesil and War Demon

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I like listening to accents, it's kinda soothing but it's really hard for me to read when people try to write them which is why I don't engage much with the sisters. I feel l have to reread everything to make sure I understood it. Nothing against em otherwise, just me being bad at reading.

And yeah Lia is pretty inoffensive in terms of written portrayal. Not too hard to read her dialogue.

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell
To be honest I just did the list just to see who all of you would be in your list. I didn't think it would be such a conversation starter. Hell of it makes it easier you can list them in any order.

KumiandMbili

May 21, 2023
My electricity went out before I could finish a serious comment that I took my time with. How do I access my drafts? I saved it multiple times. :|

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell
"needs humbling" list is Tollus, in both impersonal and personal contexts. Then again this seems to be for interactable NPC's
There is just one thing I would like to add to that. That being you like fight Tollus like 3 times, and easily kick and humble his bald headed ass everytime. So that's why I left him out plus we'll probably be kicking his ass again somewhere down the line.

As for not adding Kas I'm doing the romance angle. Also I've been to Kasyrra dream palace she's not so bad there. You actually talk to her, there's dialogue with Kas, and then when you discover the dungeon in the dream palace. Kas let's you bound her up and your way with her, that why I didn't include Kasyrra.

But yeah anyway who would guys pick. You know mine and you know why.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
As for not adding Kas I'm doing the romance angle. Also I've been to Kasyrra dream palace she's not so bad there. You actually talk to her, there's dialogue with Kas, and then when you discover the dungeon in the dream palace. Kas let's you bound her up and your way with her, that why I didn't include Kasyrra.
I'm doing the romance route too actually, the reason I mention her is because of her attitude towards the Marches, she thinks they're primitives and stepping stones on her way to becoming a god or whatever so she can do whatever to them. Her attitude towards Champ though is probably pretty favorable, still don't know enough about her motives to make a judgement. It'd be nice if she actually did love Champ but we still don't know what she needs their soul for. But regardless of the reason, it still falls into "it's in my rights to decide what you do" territory.

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell
I'm doing the romance route too actually, the reason I mention her is because of her attitude towards the Marches, she thinks they're primitives and stepping stones on her way to becoming a god or whatever so she can do whatever to them. Her attitude towards Champ though is probably pretty favorable, still don't know enough about her motives to make a judgement. It'd be nice if she actually did love Champ but we still don't know what she needs their soul for. But regardless of the reason, it still falls into "it's in my rights to decide what you do" territory.
Yeah I get ya but at the same time that's kinda what the whole game is about. The Champ Vs. Kas for the fate of the world.

I just thought of a fun scenario with The Champ, Kasyrra, and Tollus. All end up in like a triple threat, but seeing how both The Champ and Kas can't stand Tollus. But can tolerate each other, it would be extremely funny if The Champ, And Kas just give each other a look.

A look that translates into "hey want beat the shit out of the balled headed turd. Before we fight each other?" following that "Oh so much". I think that would be funny don't know about anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: A1teros

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Final gripe of the night and week, at least for me. So I'm watching Vikings for some R&R before going back to a study sesh and it hit me while I'm watching the new session that intros Ragnar kids and their personalities - I don't like Mitra and why I'm not fond of Dragon Daughter (they're moe but I don't care if you're cute) is not because they don't look like us but they don't share any traits with us. Ragnar's kids each share an aspect of him; his intelligence, his bravery, his arrogance, his ambition, his will to survive, his ruthlessness, and those traits form a core part of both their character flaws and virtues. TOBs is low-key ahead of everyone: child Kinu has that core PC trait of learning quickly and then letting her ability go to her head, causing her to feel the need to be perfect, is Chef's Kiss

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Thing is, the Marches are primitive, being currently stuck in sort of a fantasy Post-Apocalypse scenario due to the events of the Godswar. If Kasyrra had shown up at the time of Old Belhar it would have been a different song (along with IMO a "Hey wait a bit, this looks familiar..." as I'm by now reasonably sure the original plane-hopping Sorcerer's city came from Belhar before crashing into Mareth), but the Marches by now are at a Bronze Age practically, not really having rediscovered how to forge steel weapons, and she's got fucking magitech and knows what electricity is.

It's a bit of an aside that I have no idea how the fuck she even knows those things considering Mareth in COC1 was not exactly a shining beacon of civilization and I didn't really feel Lethice's palacce was much more either (but then again, that was a allegedly a bit of rush job compared to what it could have been), but at least going by Kasyrra's logic as presented in this game, she's literally an alien conqueror with superior technology come to subjugate the primitives.

Necros

Nov 23, 2020
We actually do: she wants to use it to make her own, biological children that aren't imps, preferably without losing her demonhood in the process.
I know that this is long while way yet and assuming Kasyrras plan works, but does anyone know if this will be ingame event or something reserved for epilogue?

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
I know that this is long while way yet and assuming Kasyrras plan works, but does anyone know if this will be ingame event or something reserved for epilogue?
Probably epilogue. That seems like a BIG deal and is the BBEG's endgame. Itd be weird to resolve that at any point that isn't the ending of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.