Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
jay jay the jet plane
A children's plane show? Sir let me recommend my favorite movie's trailer.

Anyway to get back to griping, some powers from the kitsune den would be better off in early game with how weak they are and I'm talking about tomb powers. Lets take heat weapon for example, 10 + spell power damage for a one turn disarm is bafflingly bad at level 5 which is about the level you do the kitsune den. I can give some slack for mirror stance gained powers that are really only useful on enemy's who don't have limited power slots, but lets also take fire bolt a mirror stance gained power that deals 30 + spell power damage on an at will vs heat weapons 10 + spell power and a one turn disarm for a two turn recharge and a recharge power slot, so your telling me that a one turn disarm is worth 20 damage and using up one of your limited recharge slots for?

Edit: Looking around more heat weapon seems less bad then I though but it still hits my point on limited recharge slots for not being worth using it, same can be said of other disarms looking weak but I'm open to seeing some one prove there usefulness to me.

Last edited:

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Honestly it would be more unrealistic if Kiyoko didn't get bigger and milkier as she had more kids. My biggest gripe is that it takes so long to get her to the point of maximum thiccness. Even if I sleep with her every night that's a minimum of like a 150 days give or take.
To be fair, Tobs did it the way it is because he thought people would gradually get her to 9 tails over the course of the game. Not all at once.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
To be fair, Tobs did it the way it is because he thought people would gradually get her to 9 tails over the course of the game. Not all at once.
Well the game as is doesn't have enough content for that much time and even if it did you'd have to miss out on all the stuff Kiyoko can interject or comment on in order to space it out. One of the worst things a game can do to me is make me feel like my time is being wasted and grinding up to 32 baby foxes is a prime example of such.

fates worse then death eh? I sentence them to a 24 hour marathon of jay jay the jet plane!
Now now, there's still such a thing as going too far.

Gotta get that shock and awe factor with Keros when he gets your family out of the orb and there's 32+ kits coming lol
And then he gets you right back with that little prank where he robs you of a decade with your family. It's all fun and games over in the floof den.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Nareva is Snek Mommy, Tira is already described in-game as looking human. Based on some things Savin has said, her chest is definitely not on the smol side.

Tira1.png
Tira2.png
Tira3.png
And he's liked fanart of her following those descriptions, here's one example:
Tira4.png
That image isn't canon but it's something in the right vicinity, until and unless Savin comms some official art for her.

Stzk619

Nov 18, 2022
As far as I'm aware breasts tend to revert to their normal size after a while, I may be wrong though and actually it's rare for them to lose their new size.

The issue with Kiyoko is that whenever you spend the night with her, she gets pregnant once again (which is another reason I end up avoiding the orb), and her body doesn't get to go back as it used to be.
While there’s several factors that affect it, typically the body does return to the pre-pregnancy baseline eventually.
That said, there are exceptions; multiple pregnancies can leave their mark, and as you mentioned, Kiyoko repeatedly bearing children certainly would put a wrench into the equation for slimming back down. Combine that with the fact that this is a smut game, and it’s hardly a surprise.

Reactions: morii and Revenant

Off The Record

Mar 26, 2021
If you start a certain race, but later take enough TFs to look like a different race, then your description begins, "You started your journey as a..." Drives me nuts. Truly peeves me. This is the reason I don't play characters that deviate too far from their starting race.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
And he's liked fanart of her following those descriptions, here's one example:
View attachment 29489
That image isn't canon but it's something in the right vicinity, until and unless Savin comms some official art for her.
Until Moira eventually finishes her own Tira bust, this is my (head)canon Tira look.

morii

Feb 8, 2023
I think there are 4 characters below C-cup, if I'm not mistaken. I'm surprised that there are more than two, to be honest. It's hard to tell with the bust art.

I feel like Tira should be slightly slimmer than that, being a goddess of death and such, but the muscles do look good and capture another facet of her divinity. I also feel like she wouldn't be well-liked as a goddess except in battle (in-game) But that's just me. A lot of cultures venerate their death god(ess) but ultimately don't want anything to do with them. Death can be a beautiful thing, but most societies try to keep it at bay.

Last edited:

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
I feel like Tira should be slightly slimmer than that, being a goddess of death and such, but the muscles do look good and capture another facet of her divinity. I also feel like she wouldn't be well-liked as a goddess except in battle (in-game) But that's just me. A lot of cultures venerate their death god(ess) but ultimately don't want anything to do with them. Death can be a beautiful thing, but most societies try to keep it at bay.

As I understand it, Tira in this game is also a god of change, and is the "Kingmaker" as well as "Bane of Kings" in that through her hands the great battles that lead to great leaders coming to power happens, but it's also her hands that will lay said king or other leader down when their days are up. If she's as much a war goddess ala Athena (or Tyr/Odin) as she's a death goddess, that changes the impression of said goddess among the warrior types, who in turn tend to be the ruling class in societies like this and inform the serf classes. It also depends on how death is percieved, is it the cold hand that comes to rip you away, or is it the gentle guide to relieve you of your pains and lead you to your reward? The Valkyrie in Norse mythology was something warriors actively wanted to see, because while it meant they were dead, it also meant a beautiful angel was here to carry them off to the endless feasting of Valhalla. Osiris in Egypt was likewise a revered and highly respected god, with practically a richer story than the chief gods. So the perception of death being negative isn't really universal across ancient societies.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I think both Kohaku and Ambra are B's, but I may be wrong.
I went by the info I gathered on this thread (feel free to resurrect it when needed, everyone!), but no one seemed to have Kohaku's and Ambra didn't exist by then. Thank you!

morii

Feb 8, 2023
As I understand it, Tira in this game is also a god of change, and is the "Kingmaker" as well as "Bane of Kings" in that through her hands the great battles that lead to great leaders coming to power happens, but it's also her hands that will lay said king or other leader down when their days are up. If she's as much a war goddess ala Athena (or Tyr/Odin) as she's a death goddess, that changes the impression of said goddess among the warrior types, who in turn tend to be the ruling class in societies like this and inform the serf classes. It also depends on how death is percieved, is it the cold hand that comes to rip you away, or is it the gentle guide to relieve you of your pains and lead you to your reward? The Valkyrie in Norse mythology was something warriors actively wanted to see, because while it meant they were dead, it also meant a beautiful angel was here to carry them off to the endless feasting of Valhalla. Osiris in Egypt was likewise a revered and highly respected god, with practically a richer story than the chief gods. So the perception of death being negative isn't really universal across ancient societies.

You are completely right. A lot of what I've seen and studied are cultures (past and present) that revere their psychopomps in various ways, but it purely depends on the society. My only gripe however is that I wish Tira wasn't just another big titty gf, I wanted her to stand out in some way because of what she represents. She looks good, just not my idea of a goddess representing those things.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
You are completely right. A lot of what I've seen and studied are cultures (past and present) that revere their psychopomps in various ways, but it purely depends on the society. My only gripe however is that I wish Tira wasn't just another big titty gf, I wanted her to stand out in some way because of what she represents. She looks good, just not my idea of a goddess representing those things.

Agreed fully with that point, based on what she is and before seeing the stuff WolframL linked from the discord earlier, my thought of her was thin, but very athletic, the mildly skinny part with pale white skin where you got ribs almost partially showing is the death part, but the defined abs and arms and fierce gaze are the war part.

That said, could also just go with something more like good old Lady Death. That works also for that duality and giving you a sexy death goddess, but not towards getting that petite goddess desire fulfilled.

Lady-Death-Apocalypse-1-cover.jpg

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Yep, there are four (Jen, Atugia, Clementine and Lyla). Five if you count Carmen.
Etheryn starts out as an A cup (though if it were real life, she'd probably be a B based on the art? Not sure though) too. And yeah, she can vary up to a much larger size, but it takes some effort to do that.
But still, yeah, very few characters.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Trying to bang all seven of the gods, preferably with repeatable scenes.

Now that's a suitably heroic goal for a champion.
They already made it possible to sex up Keros (in two forms!), Lumia, Mallach and possibly Nareva, I forget. If the harpies are any indication Sorra is probably a sex fiend too. And Velun? Not in game yet but you just know some people want to put their wood in wood. So Tira wouldn't surprise me at all.
My only gripe however is that I wish Tira wasn't just another big titty gf, I wanted her to stand out in some way because of what she represents.
Big titty GOTH gf. Let's keep it straight. Or gay. Or bi. No judgement.

Shadowcrow00

Mar 11, 2022
I think it's been mentioned that we'll Read And Find Out more about the curse that turns Brint into Brienne later, but it does feel like a Corruption choice to me. If that's not intentional (which would be totally fair because it's CoC), I think letting it be reversible after the fact would make more sense for both story and gameplay.

As it stands, you give a hint to the player that they should see Brother Sanders, but it feels kinda metagamey from a Champion RP perspective. The champion would just think Brint is having weird dreams and no biggie. And then as Brienne, she just accepts it immediately. Instead, you could kind of have a debate with her exploring the pseudo trans-egg-dilemma she's having and then have her taken to be cured if Brint isn't into it. Maybe it could be your champions persuasiveness, maybe it could be intentional Brint character development (idk), maybe Brint could switch back and forth at will (that would please a ton of players), maybe it could be a corruption choice - but it would be deliberate and not meta.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I think it's been mentioned that we'll Read And Find Out more about the curse that turns Brint into Brienne later, but it does feel like a Corruption choice to me. If that's not intentional (which would be totally fair because it's CoC), I think letting it be reversible after the fact would make more sense for both story and gameplay.

As it stands, you give a hint to the player that they should see Brother Sanders, but it feels kinda metagamey from a Champion RP perspective. The champion would just think Brint is having weird dreams and no biggie. And then as Brienne, she just accepts it immediately. Instead, you could kind of have a debate with her exploring the pseudo trans-egg-dilemma she's having and then have her taken to be cured if Brint isn't into it. Maybe it could be your champions persuasiveness, maybe it could be intentional Brint character development (idk), maybe Brint could switch back and forth at will (that would please a ton of players), maybe it could be a corruption choice - but it would be deliberate and not meta.
I agree that the Brint/Brienne process makes the champ seem neglectful at best (and also makes Brint hilariously too passive to visit the chapel by himself). If it were being rewritten (which I don't think it is), I reckon it would be better if the change between Brint and Brienne was instantaneous, and the choice relied on out-of-universe meta signposting to warn the player.

That being said, it is almost certainly too late in the process to make Brint/Brienne reversible. Everything written so far, including the 500+ page Brihaus expansion, is based on Brint/Brienne being different companions with differences in their relationships with champ and your other companions. Changing it now would be an enormous writing load.

And I'm confident Brienne's not going to be a corruption path, because people really like Brienne and it'd be a massive bummer if it came out this late in the process that making Brienne was evil.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
And I'm confident Brienne's not going to be a corruption path, because people really like Brienne and it'd be a massive bummer if it came out this late in the process that making Brienne was evil.
I'm fairly certain I remember it being said that Brienne was going to get a corruption path (and a demonic transformation, though I'm unsure, but if that was the case, and it turned her into a futa dommy mommy, I'd suddenly no longer have any saves with Brint lol), which would definitely indicate that Brienne herself is not the corruption path.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I am curious to see what excuse the game will come up with when it comes to brainwashing off Brint into a domesticated housewife. It seems like a to much of a hurdle for a reasonable justification considering that the armor:
Altered his appearance, character, values, sexual orientation, family relation and so on and so on.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
I agree that the Brint/Brienne process makes the champ seem neglectful at best (and also makes Brint hilariously too passive to visit the chapel by himself). If it were being rewritten (which I don't think it is), I reckon it would be better if the change between Brint and Brienne was instantaneous, and the choice relied on out-of-universe meta signposting to warn the player.

That being said, it is almost certainly too late in the process to make Brint/Brienne reversible. Everything written so far, including the 500+ page Brihaus expansion, is based on Brint/Brienne being different companions with differences in their relationships with champ and your other companions. Changing it now would be an enormous writing load.

If it was instantaneous you would get complaints of changes to characters happening without the players consent the way i see it the red flags aren't as such there for the story part but for the "Hey don't come bitching to us we told you multiple times this will do something" and I think, though it's been quite a while, that there were a few things like that in CoC1 that could just sneak up on you.

So more a mini in game EULA than anything lol.

Even then I figure when this was first implemented people still complained about it not being spelled out enough.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Wsan is fully aware that Brienne being Brint's corruption path would not be a good idea, which is why she isn't. Wsan has mentioned having ideas for Brint's corruption path but he hasn't given us any hints beyond that.
I'm fairly certain I remember it being said that Brienne was going to get a corruption path (and a demonic transformation, though I'm unsure,
You remember both correctly; she's going to have a corruption path and it involves demonification a la the existing dream.

Well....I'm almost certain we'll never get the game outright telling you Brienne is a corruption path for the reasons you've stated.

But at the same time, as you've said, the neglectfulness and apathy that's needed for the transformation to even take place after all the events and Brint raising his concerns multiple times should be ramping the Corruption meter up excessively, considering it's champs fault he is wearing that armor in the first place.

Throw in the option for the champ to force themselves on Brienne the moment the transformation that they've basically orchestrated themselves on her is done(at the high cost of a hefty 3 corruption), and that their personality itself seems to make a sudden inexplicable shift after the change, and congratulations, you've got a Corruption path in all but name.

The game might not tell them it, but yeah, their character is kind of morally repugnant at this point if you're not headcanoning the entire process away and doing something like pretending Brienne is some new companion unrelated to Brint, who must have ran off or died in a tragic gym accident offscreen.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
The only way I can think of "justifying" what happened to Brint is to reveal that armor has "revealed his utmost, repressed desires." And I think no sane person would believe that. Or if they did, did they really need a justification to begin with...

Status
Not open for further replies.