Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I think it might have been slight oversite, but yeah I find it weird our PC didnt react how we should of in those situations(still dont know how that spoiler box works gotta keep my own ambiguious) because I do thing its supposed to show the kitsune arent just there own isolated content.

Reactions: Starstruck

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Somehow I interpreted the "get the thief's stuff" as it being "get the stolen merchandise back". If it is really that what has transpired, cleaning him out is entirely valid.

Also found the lack of reactions a bit...eh. Though the champion reacting might mean them intruding in "state affairs" of the Elves.

Also, as much as there might be chafing on he kitsune's part on the thief's treatment, one also has to consider the other side, in which a kitsune thief getting caught might cause chafing on the elves' part, possibly complicating relations.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Skandranon

Apr 20, 2018
Atm the romance with Kas feels a bit....vanilla. The new scenes too, it feels weird romancing what is ostensibly the main villain of the game and the cause of a large chunk of the area's problems and there being zero friction or conflict. It doesn't feel like she's corrupting you, or something you're doing against your better judgment.

Even as little as your champion denying that Kas is going to take his soul every time she talks about it, and maybe teasing her with what they are going to do to her when they get the chance or something to that effect.

Atm there's a weird tonal whiplash in every scene with her, where you just immediately go along with everything she says as soon as you see her like absolutely nothing is wrong and and you aren't basically on a quest to hunt her down and kill or at least stop her.

Lone Wolf115

I found it odd that neither Kiyoko nor the Champion (especially if they're Champion of Keros.) did not have anything to say in this scene.
He was caught, so obviously nothing was lost. Hence, taking the thief's belongings does not strike me as Equivalent Exchange. Scarring his arm however is perfectly fair and valid, but the second stipulation makes this the kind of judgement that the local foxen community might chafe at.

Kiyoko and the player are conveniently in a position to correct it so that it doesn't potentially cause trouble for the Boer'alvar-Kitsune relations in the future... but they don't, which is weird.

Similarly, I confess some disappointment that neither character reacted at all to the silhouette of a Kitsune when the Faceless Blade escaped the smugglers cove, but perhaps they couldn't make it out quite as clearly as it was described to us, the players.
Huh now that you point it out it makes sense, that general tho.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Hopfully fluffy patsluts will acknowledge the fact theres someone who has a head that needs to roll, with the next major kor release but it has my interest about if it will directly effect us because of them.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Will the champs eventually stop lugging around what practically is a big child or a 9 year child? (Lyric)
You could always stop lugging her around. Consign her to storage forever :p

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
So, hypothetically, what would happen if I stuffed Lyric in storage and completely forgot about them? Totally hypothetical. Asking for a non-existent friend here.

Reactions: Kesil

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
So, hypothetically, what would happen if I stuffed Lyric in storage and completely forgot about them? Totally hypothetical. Asking for a non-existent friend here.
If you put her away in your storage she sticks around in Hawkethorne and starts hanging out, (possibly working?) in Ivris' shop until you pick her up again.

Reactions: Burnerbro

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
If you put her away in your storage she sticks around in Hawkethorne and starts hanging out, (possibly working?) in Ivris' shop until you pick her up again.

Before or after unthawing?

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I have never not thawed Lyric, mostly because she thaws out automatically while I'm moving around the Rift, simply from being in my inventory.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I have never not thawed Lyric, mostly because she thaws out automatically while I'm moving around the Rift, simply from being in my inventory.
Only if you go to sleep, as far as I know.

Heroriki

Aug 27, 2021
as of right now?
everything that‘s been planned for Berwyn, and how his original writer was tossed aside. Berwyn has been a long time favourite character of mine, and the combination of Hugs being removed from the scene only to have the character he poured his heart into grossly ruined is extremely disheartening. I doubt I’d have had any issues with the changes if they were written by, or at least approved of by Hugs - but the fact that this has all occurred how it has, disgusts me.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Your not the first and arent going to be the last, it was probably either dump the character or let someone else do it. And im honestly glad they went not thanosing him.

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I doubt I’d have had any issues with the changes if they were written by, or at least approved of by Hugs - but the fact that this has all occurred how it has, disgusts me.
I am, once again, linking to this post by B. I don't know if it necessarily is true, but assuming it is, this is a lot less of a massive ruining of Berwyn's character as people make it out to be. This is (supposedly) a quote from Hugs, even if it was from a private conversation, and based on it, things aren't really as gross as your wording implies this to be. Anyways, please do not talk about it further. This conversation has been had several times before, with varying levels of vitriol.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Just say that B wanted to do it and be done with it. Berwyn is his obligation now so he has right to write him how he wants. It is in god damn "submission" post. If you can not write for the game, for whatever reason, your ungame characters are Savins property. He has a right to do with them as they please.
Ingame reasons do not matter since they can be easily changed to fit any kind of narrative. Especially a loose one like "Berwyn does nor care about his masculinity" which is about as good as justification in turning him into a girl as is the ones people use to give Ryn vagina.

Anyway, my gripe is that I can only punch Takahiro once. Would like to do it many more times. That terrible character deserves it.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Gripe: That the champion can't play a prank on Takahiro and spike his drink with something really revolting.
I do want to hatefuck his ass. Drunk bastard is pussy enough to only want to play sexual prank on you but not you on him.
Can we just get over it now? Bloody hell stop whining over someone else writing a character that was abandoned, be more grateful that said character is still getting content.
You just want another futa girl do not lie.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Anyway, my gripe is that I can only punch Takahiro once. Would like to do it many more times. That terrible character deserves it.
I mean im with you on punching more. If only for the fact my characters heart wasnt in it the first time, he was too busy trying to save fox-not-completly-wife and floof kids from the amulet. I wanna Hajime no ippo him this time then help make him into a character who is somehow less liked then the PC who came out of nowhere and became Kero's champion even though they werent born foxen.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Damn. What'd Takahiro do to warrant the hate-boner? Besides, sooner or later someone's gonna threaten to shoot him with an arrow and accidentally fire it. So re-punchening him seems redundant.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Can we just get over it now? Bloody hell stop whining over someone else writing a character that was abandoned, be more grateful that said character is still getting content.
It is about as legitimate a gripe as any other in this thread, and while it isn't the case for me with Berwyn, I know first hand how inter-dev squabbles and mishandling of a vaforite character can murder one's enjoyment of the game.

Back to griping: Vaginas getting no love when it comes to ovi content is a pretty big bummer, by design and with no plans for changing it, IIRC what Savin said, Also a bummer is the fact that hornet and spider babies don't get any traits from their incubator mom/dad is a big bummer for me as a fan of ovi. The latter would have been even easier to explain in a setting with magic abound while really building up the sense that your character isn't a neutral third party for the babies s/he carries to term.

These two things, even more so than Nonesuch's TWO whole dedicated huge chunks of ovi content, make TiTS a by far superior game for the purposes of that particular kink.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
The PC's a genetic null anyway :p
So no babies inherent any of PC's traits? I wasn't aware of that on account of only making fox and various ovi babies so far. Damn. :(

Makes me curious why you guys decided against a system similar to TiTS's one for storing info on PC's original appearance they can pass down to the offspring.

Status
Not open for further replies.