Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I get that, but I still feel she should be with El in learning how to run the kingdom. Just feels like she's prioritizing hanging out with us over helping her people.
It's just a game. It doesn't matter if Ryn is with us and not play pretend at being the queen.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
People take games to seriously, it really has no impact on our play if Ryn is shit at being queen or if she prefers to hang out with us. You could say why do we allow Kiyoko, Brienne and Arona with us if they're pregnant? It's the exact same thing, it doesn't matter.

Lone Wolf115

People take games to seriously, it really has no impact on our play if Ryn is shit at being queen or if she prefers to hang out with us. You could say why do we allow Kiyoko, Brienne and Arona with us if they're pregnant? It's the exact same thing, it doesn't matter.
There's also game logic don't argue with game logic just roll with it.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Kiyoko, Brienne and Arona with us if they're pregnant?

Because those babies are gonna need training. The earlier the better. They also get EXP in the womb so they'll be born a higher level. That's why Kinu struggles so much. She couldn't absorb the experience in utero so now she's lagging behind in level and is poorly optimized.

if Ryn is shit at being queen

I think Alissa has set the bar so low that the only way Ryn can fuck up worse to intentionally destroy the city and poison the water supply and salt the earth.

Lone Wolf115

Because those babies are gonna need training. The earlier the better. They also get EXP in the womb so they'll be born a higher level. That's why Kinu struggles so much. She couldn't absorb the experience in utero so now she's lagging behind in level and is poorly optimized.

I think Alissa has set the bar so low that the only way Ryn can fuck up worse to intentionally destroy the city and poison the water supply and salt the earth.
1 Funny. :p

2 True.

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
It's not a major gripe and I'm not sure if I've got all three games mixed up (definitely know CoC character does and I think TiTs maybe?) but some characters will fuck MC up the ass and refuses to do MC vaginally but willing to fuck a NPC in the vagina though.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
3. The Lack of decent black/white mage gear.
Armor and accessories, for the most part. You can currently get two magic focused armor sets, and one of them forcibly feminizes you Most magic accessories you can get atm are expensive while also pretty underwhelming; a good chunk of them is locked behind interacting with Keros's spawn. By contrast we get quite a few mage weapons and off-hand catalyst options.

This makes sense for a still low-level leg of the main campaign taking place in remote relatively less developed region of the world. When the Champ will eventually get to Tychris there should be more intact magic knowledge and magic practitioners around, which in combination with famed craftsmen should mean a ton more mage-specific and other enchanted gear available for purchace. Combined with whatever spoils of war we will pick up after tussling with more sophisticated demons, we should end up in a good place gear-wise.

Last edited:

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
As for my actual gripes for the game, there are only 3:

1. The lack of corruption content, gameplay or fetish-wise.
2. The level cap being 10. (I don't expect this to be changed but it still kinda sucks)
3. The Lack of decent black/white mage gear.
Level cap is 10? it's not 6? I'm at six, the XP is already pooled up to the requirement, but the level up dialog is not popping up.

DJ_Arashi_Rora

Jul 19, 2017
It's not a major gripe and I'm not sure if I've got all three games mixed up (definitely know CoC character does and I think TiTs maybe?) but some characters will fuck MC up the ass and refuses to do MC vaginally but willing to fuck a NPC in the vagina though.
That sounds like Syri from TiTS. She refuses to fuck Steele in the vag while betting in the bar, going so far to force the issue a make a scene about it. She will when you guys are fuck buddies still wear a condom but in the Erea threesome she raw dogs and knots Erea. It's bullshit.

Lone Wolf115

That sounds like Syri from TiTS. She refuses to fuck Steele in the vag while betting in the bar, going so far to force the issue a make a scene about it. She will when you guys are fuck buddies still wear a condom but in the Erea threesome she raw dogs and knots Erea. It's bullshit.
She was made before sterilex. Personally I like that she uses the condoms.

Reactions: ShySquare

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
As Savin said quite some time ago, it's as much Steele as Syri. She'd be entirely happy to start a family with you but neither of your situations is exactly conducive to that at the moment. Hence it's either your ass or a condom. Lacking the emotional attachment to Myrra, it's just not as big an issue.

But when the game is done, my headcanon (with some help from a suggestion by Alypia) is a double wedding between Steele/Syri and Anno/Kaede, with much cuddling and kissing and knotting in the honeymoon suite to follow. And puppies ever after. Which isn't too different from my headcanon ending with Champ/Ryn once all's said and done, come to think of it.

Shadow Dancer

Mar 28, 2020
my headcanon (with some help from a suggestion by Alypia) is a double wedding between Steele/Syri and Anno/Kaede
That's not really headcanon though Savin confirmed multiple times that Anno and Kaede will marry each other and Steele will be able to marry all three of them in one wedding.

Last edited:

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
That's not really headcanon though Savin confirmed multiple times that Anno and Kaede will marry each other and Steele will be able to marry all three of them in one wedding.
Or, alternatively, have the aforementioned double wedding.

Unoriginal Name.404

Jul 5, 2018
My biggest gripe atm is that the Manticore TF, gives you a normal scorpion tail, instead of the "scorpion" tail as described in the codex. I'm not asking for it to be functional in scenes, but it would be nice if it would be present in the appearance screen/when it's mentioned in game. I could always just decide that my Manticore player character is not just going to let anyone make use of their tail, and is saving it for the right person. Even the unnamed Manticore you can meet calls it "one of my finer assets" (It's a bit harder to do that when the game tells you that You got a scorpion tail, with a stinger)

I tried making my player character look like a Manticore for a new game yesterday (by making use of the save editor found on Github), and found it a bit weird that the TF gave me a normal scorpion tail, decided to look up if a tailcunt was planned to be added at some point, and found out that it got removed at some point during last year, when i did not have access to a working pc. Only got myself a working pc earlier this year, after being without one for over a year (And my phone would not have been much use as it was an old iphone 4s)

Now i'm left wondering. What's the point of the Manticore tf, if you are only get to end up as a poor imitation of a Manticore? (At least with how they are ment to look in CoC2)

I'll reiterate not asking anyone to start writing scenes for when someone has a player character with a tailcunt (i'm terrible at writing so don't expect/tell me to do it, i would have a hard time writing anything, even if my life was on the line).

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
My biggest gripe atm is that the Manticore TF, gives you a normal scorpion tail, instead of the "scorpion" tail as described in the codex. I'm not asking for it to be functional in scenes, but it would be nice if it would be present in the appearance screen/when it's mentioned in game. I could always just decide that my Manticore player character is not just going to let anyone make use of their tail, and is saving it for the right person. Even the unnamed Manticore you can meet calls it "one of my finer assets" (It's a bit harder to do that when the game tells you that You got a scorpion tail, with a stinger)

I tried making my player character look like a Manticore for a new game yesterday (by making use of the save editor found on Github), and found it a bit weird that the TF gave me a normal scorpion tail, decided to look up if a tailcunt was planned to be added at some point, and found out that it got removed at some point during last year, when i did not have access to a working pc. Only got myself a working pc earlier this year, after being without one for over a year (And my phone would not have been much use as it was an old iphone 4s)

Now i'm left wondering. What's the point of the Manticore tf, if you are only get to end up as a poor imitation of a Manticore? (At least with how they are ment to look in CoC2)

I'll reiterate not asking anyone to start writing scenes for when someone has a player character with a tailcunt (i'm terrible at writing so don't expect/tell me to do it, i would have a hard time writing anything, even if my life was on the line).
It was removed entirely because nobody utilized it when it was a thing and even when people tried (and so so few did) to it was not enough. Even wings get more than the manticore tail and it's all through flavor text and in-the-field stuff. And considering the "I'm not gonna ask for people to start writing scenes" thing, well like you said, you're a little very late for that. Because now you don't have to worry about that. :U
Plus my explanation for the manticore TF giving you the poor-mans scorpio tail rather than legit one is that even with portal magic you're too much of a pleb to get the actual tail and are just a defunct. This is a joke of mine tho, because we know the champ ain't really a pleb. Lame? Sure, but that just be how it is when people can't actually be bothered to step up when a bounty board for the thing they want opens, and then when the niche content closes out suddenly they go asking for it. It's like... Excuse me where were you DURING it???? (General you being used here btw btw)

Also even without the pussy tail, you STILL TF into a manticore. Sure the key feature to their species is gone for you and you only, but not having a pussy tail doesn't mean you can't look like a manitcore just because you wanna be one.

Unoriginal Name.404

Jul 5, 2018
It was removed entirely because nobody utilized it

I'm aware that's the reason it got thrown in the garbage (maybe i should have made that clear in my comment)

But if you just remove it, then why would anyone then bother writing anything for it down the line? (maybe they got into to game after it got removed) It just ends up being a Catch-22.

Even wings get more than the manticore tail and it's all through flavor text and in-the-field stuff

I would be fine if it was nothing but flavor text, maybe it could just be a tail with a unique description, rather than a tail with a flag (No idea how the game would keep track of it, as i have no knowledge on how the game differentiates between descriptions and flags)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
But if you just remove it, then why would anyone then bother writing anything for it down the line?
They're clearly never going to. I offered the entire community on the front page of the blog cash money (at an enhanced rate over normal freelance work) to write scenes and we couldn't even get the minimum required to make the TF worth keeping. Sorry.

Unoriginal Name.404

Jul 5, 2018
They're clearly never going to.
Because it's not possible for new people to show up down the line, who is willing to write scenes for tailcunts (either because they like that kind of stuff, or they are willing to write it for a commission fee)

A couple of questions, if you don't mind, and if it does not derail the thread too much (have not ready every single page in this thread, so not sure how off topic comments are allowed to get)

1: If one or more people are willing to write enough scenes where tailcunts are used down the line, would you consider adding it back in? (they might not have had time to write anything when you offered cash money, or they might not have known about CoC2 when you did)

2: Could it not just have been turned into a tail with a unique description (maybe two, or three variations), but without any tail flags for the game to keep track of, and not have any functions, like some of the tails already in the game, maybe it could serve a function in combat as a way to deal blunt damage?

If number 2 is a possibility, then i might be willing to have a crack at it (granted it's not something i would be able to do overnight), as it seems to be simple enough (for someone like me), when compared to having to write multiple scenes where it's used (I do have ideas for some scenes, and i'm sure i could come up with more. However i know that i would never be able to write them with the quality required)

Lone Wolf115

I don't like that the daggers are throwable why are they anyway? When you get access to the torii gate you don't end up in the ways between eventhough the scene says a white flash or light envelops you're still standing there, I feel awkward just standing there afterwards I know people would rather that because you would just go back down but still what if you go back down to Hawkethorne to unload stuff sell and store.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
I don't like that the daggers are throwable why are they anyway?
In universe? I'd imagine it is because daggers are inferior to pretty much everything else as battlefield melee weapons, even more of a last resort sidearm than swords. So throwing is the only way you can make them work as your main weapon, unless you grapple every opponent first or your name is Thorfinn.

In game having the throwable flag is a major advantage for any weapon that does, since it makes the whole range of warrior, thief and ranger moves available for you. So maybe they were buffed that way to allow thiefs to keep to them as their iconic class weapons, while still allowing short swords to be better in certain ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.