Not open for further replies.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
1fd4d702-480b-4deb-b2cc-df76dfe1f07e_23607815159846.gif

Reactions: Malidica

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Still no one answered... Can we refuse to take her anal virginity? And with it stop any further advances into lovers.

Reactions: Kesil

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Not enough unique one handed weapons. I like to play tanks and if I am not going paladin there are not any unique one handed weapon options for warriors. There are like 20 unique two handed weapons though. It is really not fair. I also do not like that you instantly lose when the champion is downed. Also also the companions are very unbalanced and some suck really badly in comparison to the best.

Reactions: SH60 and Emerald

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
I just figured out while farming gold that most of the Rift drops are underwears, so :
Step 1: collect underpants.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
Not enough unique one handed weapons. I like to play tanks and if I am not going paladin there are not any unique one handed weapon options for warriors. There are like 20 unique two handed weapons though. It is really not fair. I also do not like that you instantly lose when the champion is downed. Also also the companions are very unbalanced and some suck really badly in comparison to the best.

If you have level 5 cait you can have her use her revive skill on you to keep you alive once per rest which can help if you aren't a tank champion or get a little too much aggro to handle sometimes.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
How we are really lacking in platonic fuck buddies as companions. Only ones that feel like it are Arona and Quint. I would have said Cait but I just learned that we are forced in love path with her if we so much as touch her. I hope that at least with Quint we will not be forced to form any deeper relationships.
Kind of disappointed, not gonna lie.

Edit:Forgot Brint but his scenes feel to lovely doey for my taste with how our character seems to always be on brink on proposing to him.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
S
Blatantly untrue.
Sorry. But you see, sincs Cait giving you her anal virginity is a big deal, I thought being forced to take it locked us in love path. Since she was saving it for someone special. I would still like ability to be able to refuse her, since I am not into her and do not want her to have any funny ideas. And well, it does feel kind of dickish for me to accept her offer even if I do not feel same way. But as long her feelings do not need to be returned equally I am somewhat fine with it. And I like being a dick, so, yeah.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Since she was saving it for someone special.
Cait is a character, you can't really dictate what she feels about the Champion so you're always going to be special to her regardless of what the player feels or even what the Champion feels.

Note that this isn't some sort of new development, pay attention to her dialogue and you'll see evidence of this well before the last update. It just happens that this is the one where her feelings and the addition of new sex scenes happen to coincide.

Lance, axe, magical chainsaw blade...
I have a feeling that the latter is going to be a hard 'no' because they've already said no magitech weapons, but on the off chance that it did happen through some miracle (it won't, I know) I have a character who would snatch up a magical chainsaw in a heartbeat. xD

In the 'much more likely to actually happen' category, I have another who would love having a lance or failing that, a greatspear of some description.

Reactions: Emerald

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
Or just pretend your OC makes chainsaw noises while fighting.

Reactions: Kesil and Fleep

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
A lance is pretty useless on foot. I would love to see more unique one-handed weapons, though. I asked for them in this thread a while ago.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Cait is a character, you can't really dictate what she feels about the Champion so you're always going to be special to her regardless of what the player feels or even what the Champion feels.
I understand. Still wish we could say no to those feelings. That is my point. I do not feel the same way how she feels. Why can't we shut down her advances. Not everyone wants to enter relationship with a harlot.

And frankly I do not care about her anal virginity. Let some poor unlucky sob have her.

Reactions: Kesil

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I understand. Still wish we could say no to those feelings. That is my point. I do not feel the same way how she feels. Why can't we shut down her advances. Not everyone wants to enter relationship with a harlot.
Because you're not playing your character. You're inhabiting an avatar, not the classical Player Character you get to build and control 100%. I've said it before and I'll say it again; you're basically playing in a Choose Your Own Adventure book. You can steer the Champion in certain directions but for all intents and purposes, the Champ gonna love/hate what they love/hate and you have next to no say in the matter.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I think that the distinction between kissing and hugging Cait at the end of CaitQuest - the thing that literally just got implemented - services this ambition.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Because you're not playing your character. You're inhabiting an avatar, not the classical Player Character you get to build and control 100%. I've said it before and I'll say it again; you're basically playing in a Choose Your Own Adventure book. You can steer the Champion in certain directions but for all intents and purposes, the Champ gonna love/hate what they love/hate and you have next to no say in the matter.
Yeah I guessed. Just feels terrible that we seem to be forced into it. I thought the whole point of her was that we could go from friends with benefits to lovers if you wanted to. I prefer first option since it is so rare in fiction to have something like that with female characters. With how I am understanding, cait is going to become just one of many female companions that have hots for champion, and we can not do anything about it.

I think that the distinction between kissing and hugging Cait at the end of CaitQuest - the thing that literally just got implemented - services this ambition.
I hope you are right.

Last edited:

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
Technically now you're spoiling it because your post contains Animalistic's old post.
It would not have happened if spoilers were not made to begin with.
I edited it now, so let's move on. We have better things to do.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
If a chainsaw were to ever make an appearance in CoC2, it would be a cameo that I would be describe as.............. Groovy.
Give Savin a hand for that one- oh.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I do find some things such as Garths bear and redistribution of skill points on silly side when it comes to game balance and replay value. And being able to learn skills so easily makes your starting choices at character creation seem all but useless since. Since, well, your starting class does not really do much when it comes to your character. Especially wheb you can change class so easily. Passives do not seem to play that much of a role in a fight.
Maybe limiting how much our character can learn and redistribute would make our starting choices seem more important. And redistribution of skills across the game could also make them feel more of a reward when you get them. I am not sure if this

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
I do find some things such as Garths bear and redistribution of skill points on silly side when it comes to game balance and replay value. And being able to learn skills so easily makes your starting choices at character creation seem all but useless since. Since, well, your starting class does not really do much when it comes to your character. Especially wheb you can change class so easily. Passives do not seem to play that much of a role in a fight.
Maybe limiting how much our character can learn and redistribute would make our starting choices seem more important. And redistribution of skills across the game could also make them feel more of a reward when you get them. I am not sure if this

Redistribution of attribute points does not affect the game balance, it just allows one to shuffle their attribute points to suit different classes, and those classes inherent combat styles. The game balance would come from those classes, not from the attribute points (or change in attribute points).
As for replay-ability, sure, but that would come down to your choice. If you choose to RP as your character, or come up with a compelling character backstory - then you would not feel the need change your character that much (if that suits the narrative of your character), and would rather create a new one to test different classes.

Starting class does not matter, no, it's your character's origin. After they become champion they can change it just like they can TF into 10 different races in one day. Deriving any significant meaning from it doesn't make sense (aside from the RP aspect, if you so desire), when you consider that's sort of the point of these type of games - CYOA.
Passives are an inherent boon, they offer different benefits for different classes. They're not meant to be game changing (read fight altering) - but they do highlight a benefit of the introduction of a class system (which CoC didn't really have).

Limiting the amount the character can learn doesn't make sense given the inherent game design and narrative the CoC games have. The starting choices should not matter unless that is the narrative of the game, which it isn't. The game isn't centered around how little things change - quite the contrary. It would not make sense to incentivize players to limit their selection in a CYOA style game (especially when you consider that advocating limiting classes, powers and attributes would only highlight the disparity in the then seemingly limitless selection with regards to TFs).

Last edited:

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Starting class does not matter, no, it's your characters origin. After they become champion they can change it just like they can TF into 10 different races in one day. Deriving any significant meaning behind it doesn't make sense (aside from the RP aspect if you desire), when you consider that's sort of the point of these type of games - CYOA.
Mhm.

There are a lot of pc.bg checks in the game. They're much more important for RP than for stat distribution. One point here or there doesn't mean much at level 6, let alone level 10.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
So, I don't like the power menu. Regardless of the filters, you're still going to have many more powers than you can easily view, plus, if you're trying to navigate across the list of powers quickly, then you just shouldn't if you don't want to be equipped with a completely random power. Like, if you're using the keyboard controls or you're pressing the arrow keys(in the game) with your mouse, it's fine, but I tend to use the mouse for most navigation. This means, however, that if you're moving across the power menu quickly, you'd be tapping your mouse in rapid succession while hovering over the power two powers left of the one currently being viewed.

If you're familiar with how the power menu works, double-tapping a power causes it to be equipped.

But here's the weirder thing: When you tap a second time, the mouse is hovering over a different power. And it's that power which gets equipped. So basically, I'm trying to head to the far right to look at whatever power I just got, and by the time I've reached it I now have Mirror Stance and Wyvern Sting equipped without my realizing it.

Reactions: drossbots

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
So, I don't like the power menu. Regardless of the filters, you're still going to have many more powers than you can easily view, plus, if you're trying to navigate across the list of powers quickly, then you just shouldn't if you don't want to be equipped with a completely random power. Like, if you're using the keyboard controls or you're pressing the arrow keys(in the game) with your mouse, it's fine, but I tend to use the mouse for most navigation. This means, however, that if you're moving across the power menu quickly, you'd be tapping your mouse in rapid succession while hovering over the power two powers left of the one currently being viewed.

If you're familiar with how the power menu works, double-tapping a power causes it to be equipped.

But here's the weirder thing: When you tap a second time, the mouse is hovering over a different power. And it's that power which gets equipped. So basically, I'm trying to head to the far right to look at whatever power I just got, and by the time I've reached it I now have Mirror Stance and Wyvern Sting equipped without my realizing it.
Thought I was the only one who had that problem. It's especially annoying if your mouse has that "double click despite technically clicking once" issue mouses can have.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Thought I was the only one who had that problem. It's especially annoying if your mouse has that "double click despite technically clicking once" issue mouses can have.
Get a new mouse.
But nah I agree, we should have better ways to navigate the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.