Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Presumably magicocks will unlock her content, but for the exact same reason it will Kiyoko's: You can get her pregnant that way.
Kiyoko's a special case. As far as I was aware, apart from her, ghostlight spooge wasn't supposed to be potent - and the only reason it works on Kiyoko is that it's an essence transfer rather than a semen transfer.

I might be wrong about that, though. Now that the ghostlight's actually close, a lot of things have been changing about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WolframL

Андрей

Sep 8, 2020
Dear game developers - I beg YOU - make a Russian version of the game! I'm tired of translating every text in the translator.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Dear game developers - I beg YOU - make a Russian version of the game! I'm tired of translating every text in the translator.
Do you even know how difficult that would be.
Like. Do you actually know.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
That would be a massive investment of resources of absolutely zero gain.
FINISH THE THOUGHT JOHN
If you are playing through a broswer you can get an extension that translates the whole page. That's a better solution than asking people to remake the whole game for barely a handful of people.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah, you were the person who necro'd a topic dead for ages to beg the devs to implement an element that the Big Man In Charge already said wasn't happening (your username is kind of distinctive) so even if this wasn't the most insane waste of developer time and effort ever, I'm pretty certain it would be doomed to go to the very bottom of the 'Ignore' pile straightaway.

The game has, what, hundreds of thousands of lines of code? Over a million? Do you have any idea how much work it actually takes to translate text in a way that not only conveys all the bare informational content but also conveys the spirit of the original material and is actually pleasant to read? Try taking a single scene from the game and translating it yourself, revising it until it looks just right. Now imagine doing that thousands more times and you'll have an idea why your demand is pure nonsense. And that's before getting into the way the game actually works on the coding side and how the parser is designed for English.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Also, CoC2 is a text-based game. Where a game like Sekiro is primarily visual, with words only coming in dialogue and menus (things like your inventory), CoC2 is nothing but text. Even if the team for CoC2 was anywhere near the size of FromSoft (which it almost certainly is not, considering how FromSoft has 316 employees), and even if the team for CoC2 had massive funding for things like translation (whether internally or from a publisher), the amount of work to translate CoC2 would probably be harder than the amount of work needed to translate Sekiro (whether in total or in proportion to how much content is within the games). An official translation is almost certainly not going to happen.

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
it will never happen, and translating manually is not that bad, after all the game is purely text, and we don't have to make quick decisions.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Because of the way the text is dynamically generated from parsers based on English language grammar rules, the game is basically un-translatable natively. You'd have to completely rewrite the parser system and all of the text for the entire game to match the new parser system rules. Translating the text the game spits out is the only viable solution.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I do have a problem with band of mercenaries. That being we can not tell them to buzz off or something worse.
These are the people that attack you for no other reason than to have fun and rape you, and after that you are expected to be all buddy buddy with them. I think that is a problem with few other encounters in this game like kitsune ninja and that tanuki witch. They apologize but that does not mean we should accept it. But it does make it bearable.
But mercenaries can not even do that. I do really hope we will able to tell them to buzz off. That even if it makes them more aggressive and disables there casual interactions, I would welcome it. Because even if everyone else in this world accepts rape as post battle tradition, does not mean we have to.

Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I do have a problem with band of mercenaries. That being we can not tell them to buzz off or something worse.
These are the people that attack you for no other reason than to have fun and rape you, and after that you are expected to be all buddy buddy with them. I think that is a problem with few other encounters in this game like kitsune ninja and that tanuki witch. They apologize but that does not mean we should accept it. But it does make it bearable.
But mercenaries can not even do that. I do really hope we will able to tell them to buzz off. That even if it makes them more aggressive and disables there casual interactions, I would welcome it. Because even if everyone else in this world accepts rape as post battle tradition, does not mean we have to.

Yeah that's definitely one of the main gripes, the mercenaries just embody it the best. At least with the kitsune and moth girl it feels more like them having poor social skills and sparring, but the mercs aren't exactly subtle with what they're up to. Wouldn't be as bad if wasn't for the fact that the good Lieutenant's reaction is "yeah I believe you, but I'm not gonna stop it and probably still benefit from the stealing so have fun training my team". Honestly I'd be perfectly happy getting pitchforks and torches and running them out like an old Frankenstein movie. At least a cleave wven without the level grinding knocks them out so hey, there's that.

Reactions: Karamaru

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
As I have mentioned on separate occasions, my pc doesn't want to grow a dick and magicocks wouldn't be much of a solution for her either because she doesn't like to wear strap-ons. So, I wish that there was a way that you could have one of your bedicked companions pitch in for you when it comes to Kiyoko's, ugh, breeding prerequisite tbh.

That would be the most ideal compromise for me, at least.

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
that would fuck up so much of the narrative though? There would be literally zero reason for kinu or kiyoko to care about you if someone else was the babymaker

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
that would fuck up so much of the narrative though? There would be literally zero reason for kinu or kiyoko to care about you if someone else was the babymaker

That's why I said most ideal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plus, I don't particularly care for the whole family aspect tbh. I'm just salty over how heavily-restricted Kiyoko is when it comes to recruitment compared to other companions. Like if she was "just" an npc, I wouldn't really care all that much but the fact that she's a companion and she has all of these barriers if you play a pc that doesn't have a dick leaves a sour taste in my mouth. But meh. Oh, well. I've pretty much given up on ever recruiting her a long time ago tbh. I just thought I'd share my thoughts since this is the thread to talk about your gripes with the game, after all.

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
so you're upset that the sidestory about babymaking and family is only about babymaking and families? huh...

Reactions: Savin

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
so you're upset that the sidestory about babymaking and family is only about babymaking and families? huh...

I'm not so much upset that it exists at all so much as I am that you HAVE to do it in order to even recruit Kiyoko. I'd much rather it just be optional.

Don't read so much into it. It's Not That Deep. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
You don't reed to gud, huh?

That's why I said most ideal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plus, I don't particularly care for the whole family aspect tbh. I'm just salty over how heavily-restricted Kiyoko is when it comes to recruitment compared to other companions. Like if she was "just" an npc, I wouldn't really care all that much but the fact that she's a companion and she has all of these barriers if you play a pc that doesn't have a dick leaves a sour taste in my mouth. But meh. Oh, well. I've pretty much given up on ever recruiting her a long time ago tbh. I just thought I'd share my thoughts since this is the thread to talk about your gripes with the game, after all.
I get it. I enjoyed her content but I can totally see how someone would want her as a companion without her inclusion being gated behind so much dense, niche content.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
I get it. I enjoyed her content but I can totally see how someone would want her as a companion without her inclusion being gated behind so much dense, niche content.

Thank you! It's so nice to reach an understanding!

I don't mind if others enjoy her content — you do you and all that — I just wish that Kiyoko wasn't so heavily-gated because she sounds like an awesome companion to have in battle. I tried giving her orb to Komari in hopes that Kiyoko can just poof into existence without needing chi (a naive hope I know...), thinking that maybe Keros can pull off a godly miracle. Instead, she's just gone forever — which makes me sad all over again. :(

Oh, well. It just is what it is I guess.

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
In AronaQuest, we fight BENNY the HILL troll.

Seriously, that's not even a silly mode exclusive pun. How am I supposed to stay focused for the boss fight after seeing this ?

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
By playing the theme song :p
Just imagine, the Kervus tribe 's fate is in your hands (also Berwyn's and Brint's), you fight Argoth and Benny in a tent that reeks big dick energy .

A bard thane that barely escaped the lodge orgy just pop and starts playing , the combat goes on with cartoon noises when Brint and Arona hit with their weapons, you crit on dirty trick, and Argoth's scream of pain is being heard all around the Marches.

Not fucks were given this day.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Reeeeeally not a fan of the latest Cait developments.

One of the things I like about her is how comparatively normal she is. Just a nobody from nowhere figuring out what she wants to do with her life when her first choice didn't work out. I always thought that was a smart restraint on Savin's part. It gets really cheesy when every girl you meet is a princess.

...but now every girl we meet is a princess.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Reeeeeally not a fan of the latest Cait developments.

One of the things I like about her is how comparatively normal she is. Just a nobody from nowhere figuring out what she wants to do with her life when her first choice didn't work out. I always thought that was a smart restraint on Savin's part. It gets really cheesy when every girl you meet is a princess.

...but now every girl we meet is a princess.
Really? Heh, a royal harlot. Whos idea was it. She can be whatever she wants to be.
As long as we are just friends.
I have to ask, are we able to refuse her advance when it comes to takin her anal virginity? To not give her any false ideas about our relationships?

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
Dude SPOILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: spoilers

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradox01
Status
Not open for further replies.