Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Also I saw that Hugs really isn't happy about Berry getting a genderswap so this is making me squint at the notion of B writing him as a girl even optionally and I almost want to take back the praise about the whole thing being optional as good.

(in fact it's making me squint even more at the presumed notion that he "fucked off" voluntarily.)

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Ah, yeah, I saw that. I do feel bad for him. Especially since what he is saying about Berwyn is consistent about initial pitch and promises B put about respecting Hugses wishes before, well, Wynne happened.
But I do not know full story and circumstances behind his departure. So while I also have qualms with this whole development, I can not really start throwing accusations at either directions willy nilly.
And at same time, whatever the reason as to why he can not write for CoC2 anymore from larger playerbase perspective does not matter. B took over for him. Reasons for it may be untold, but if this whole TF/gender questioning things gives me more content of my favourite male companion, I can not really complain. Do not like implications of genderbending another male companion (stay safe Quint), but seems to be better handled than what Brienne ended up.
And finally, this whole changing character direction thing is not uncommon in larger, team developed projects such as CoC2. So at the end of it, to tiered to think. Goin back to writing.

Last edited:

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
You're putting words in my mouth. If you read my post properly I never said the game was finished. It's my right to my opinion, sorry if it upset you. If you're going to write for a game or whatever then yes people expect you to actually complete it, not leave it half finished. I was mostly talking about characters that have been left incomplete not the story nor the arcs. This was also aimed at all three games, seeing as CoC was left unfinished and some of TiTs characters are missing content. Also I'm aware TiTs is along way off from finishing.
My core statement still holds true though. Game isn't finished. So why expect things to be finished? Anything even.

Even characters that are not receiving updates right now, might maybe still get them in the future. Like I heard someone else is now in charge of Berwyn content?
I'd understand your gripes if the thing that they were selling would indeed be labelled as a finished product.

Can't say anything about the first CoC though. I know that it's dead and is probably never gonna get finished but was there ever even a price tag on the game or was it always freeware? I have no idea honestly.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Are we really sure about that tho? I keep seeing this said but I've been seeing a lot of chicks in the bust and name arsenal. And none really in the way of like... actual guys outside the femboi Mino.
Perhaps I should have specified that when it comes to male characters they're going to be that way, because that's just how minotaurs are on average. Nikol is noteworthy as an exception but there are some teaser docs out there for future content that very much skew towards the 'muscled hunk' type I mentioned. They just don't have art assets, except for the gate guard captain.

BadDragoon

Apr 19, 2021
B took over for him. Reasons for it may be untold, but if this whole TF/gender questioning things gives me more content of my favourite male companion, I can not really complain. Do not like implications of genderbending another male companion (stay safe Quint), but seems to be better handled than what Brienne ended up.
This is why I was on the fence regarding Berwyn TFs. On one hand its nice to get more content for the best boy but on the other hand it feels kinda bad considering that all of the gender swapping content so far has been for male companions of which there are so few.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
So there's finally an option for Eryka to get rid of her dick and stop getting that fucking dream every time I go to bed. And it requires giving her a handie. WHY DOES TOBS THE UNIVERSE DEMAND WE FUCK HER? Guess it's back to the woods with her. I'm so excited to see how this decision will fuck me over in the ending.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Maybe it's my personal preferences, but I'm still not bothered at the chance to have Wynne. That's still optional, and Berry would've changed some way eventually as original doc material ran out and development progressed. I don't know if B or anyone even fully knows what Hugs's original vision was, besides Hugs. I don't have that information. I'll admit to a personal bias since I'm not fond of vanilla Berry, and Hugs's feelings are valid. But I still want to remain optimistic and not get all doom and gloom and start side eying every update for Berry.

Do not like implications of genderbending another male companion (stay safe Quint), but seems to be better handled than what Brienne ended up.

Brienne is top tier and we can't stop until every single companion, nay every single character, has become busty waifu bait.

So there's finally an option for Eryka to get rid of her dick and stop getting that fucking dream every time I go to bed. And it requires giving her a handie. WHY DOES TOBS THE UNIVERSE DEMAND WE FUCK HER? Guess it's back to the woods with her. I'm so excited to see how this decision will fuck me over in the ending.

Be petty and give her a handy using a lot of ye olde Vaseline. She'll never be able to wash off the mess. Ever. Trust me, I know.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Do we have to remove her dick? Will she be getting more content related to the dedicking.. she mentioned something about wanting rid because etc etc.

Lone Wolf115

Alright, so two questions/gripes:

1. Why do you automatically lose when the player goes down? It makes no sense for companions to suddenly give up the moment the PC is defeated.
2. Why can't my companions use items?
You are a Sangheili officer and your companions are the grunts, you go down and they scatter. You know Halo. ;) :catte:
Because like every other game, you don't do it yourself it won't get done.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Sometimes I hate Cait, she's meant to heal us during a fight if we need it but more times than not she doesn't. What use is she?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Sometimes I hate Cait, she's meant to heal us during a fight if we need it but more times than not she doesn't. What use is she?
Bad AI. Manual mode is right there.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
It bothers me more in context of the events than does it in practice.
Since at beggining the talk was all about respecting Hughes wishes and all that. Berwyn being a dom and staying a guy as main ones. Then short while later, after he had a fight with the team or something, all of it changes. Bam, here comes BerWynne and bam s/he (can) gains some big ol' tatas! Ahoy, therr romance and sub routes! Welcome to writing district. It all seems like Hirrurd situation, where this whole slew of events cascaded from spite. This kind of makes me wish that this was all planned from the start after hugs left. It would make it easier on my consciousness if nothing else.

As for context inside of the game... It is not really sending a positive message when it comes to people like guys when you put it like "Ey 2 out of 3 male companions can become girls." Which in context of playerbase that vastly prefers female NPCs makes sense. Caveat being that it feels that the enjoyment of small percentage of guy, gals and everyone inbetween is being sacrificed for sake of larger whole. But I must punctuate, it feels like that. Not that it is.

Now getting all that out of the way and focusing on what is being worked on... I love it. B is one of my favorite writers from TiTS and seeing him dip more and more into writing for CoC2 makes me all kinds of happy. But can not say thay I am not a little worried that Berwyn is going to get white washed to appeal to masses. I like his boyish charms, his cocky demeanour when comes to sex yet how he can be so valnurable underneath it.
But, once again, judging by what B wrote and Berwyns bad end designed by him, even these worries are basesd more out my own paranoia than on any basis of current reality. I just need to go dom route and bam, my very own dogy bull is back.
And cboy Berry is buttering me up, can not lie.

Still this does help me to win arguments with people. If anyone ever uses the excuses "it would not fit the character/character does not want it" as to why we can not TF them (Ryn) I will just point them at Berry. If there is a will, there is a way.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf115

I think I prefer TiTs fighting solo.. at least if I die or get raped it's all my fault.
It's not your fault, just your equipment or your class, but you no, ok maybe you didn't fight hard enough or something else, but still not your fault.

Reactions: ShySquare

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
To be fair is Berry even Hugs character anymore?
Whatever reason for his leaving, he did leave Berry very incomplete. Seeing as B has taken him over, does that kinda now make Berry his now? The sex change thingy is optional just like Brint, though who can say no to a moo like Brienne.
Glad that we will get more domme ladies, Was worried that female Berry would be submissive.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
It bothers me more in context of the events than does it in practice.
Since at beggining the talk was all about respecting Hughes wishes and all that. Berwyn being a dom and staying a guy as main ones. Then short while later, after he had a fight with the team or something, all of it changes. Bam, here comes BerWynne and bam s/he (can) gains some big ol' tatas! Ahoy, therr romance and sub routes! Welcome to writing district. It all seems like Hirrurd situation, where this whole slew of events cascaded from spite. This kind of makes me wish that this was all planned from the start after hugs left. It would make it easier on my consciousness if nothing else.
Y'know, there was a message from B, in a thread made a while back. Perhaps some of it was of ill intent, but unless B is lying about what Hugs said, a sub Berwyn and a feminized Berwyn may go against the original intent of Berwyn, but Hugs did not seem opposed, and the original intent/doc was no longer necessarily accurate to Hugs' view anyways. Also, there potentially being a romance route does make sense, given that "He's a fervent demisexual when it comes to men," so forming/shaping that attraction would probably be a good idea.

Lone Wolf115

To be fair is Berry even Hugs character anymore?
Whatever reason for his leaving, he did leave Berry very incomplete. Seeing as B has taken him over, does that kinda now make Berry his now? The sex change thingy is optional just like Brint, though who can say no to a moo like Brienne.
Glad that we will get more domme ladies, Was worried that female Berry would be submissive.
No Berry is taken by B. If there's anything else then I have no idea.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
me, thinking about how I don't let Brint anywhere near that cursed armor because I like him just the way he is and vastly prefer him to Brienne:

picture snikt
Heh, first thing I did as soon as I got off the tutorial. A beeline for the old forest to get Brint, and then a beeline to the hollow cave to get the armor. And then purposedfully (as a player) ignoring the warnings.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
Heh, first thing I did as soon as I got off the tutorial. A beeline for the old forest to get Brint, and then a beeline to the hollow cave to get the armor. And then purposedfully (as a player) ignoring the warnings.
Wow, you must be a vegetarian then because I can't believe you're that willing to throw away a perfectly good hunk of beef smh. That—or you really believe that drinking milk builds strong bones. :iiam:

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Now don't get me wrong—I have nothing against Brienne personally. I just wish that she was her own separate character, instead, because I just don't wanna do my boy Brint dirty like that by essentially tossing him aside. He's my champion's lovable bro husband—her brosband if you will. To make him put on the cursed armor—knowing what will happen—would feel like betrayal.

If Brienne was, say, Brint's long-lost twin sister, on the other hand, well :catte:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Y'know, there was a message from B, in a thread made a while back. Perhaps some of it was of ill intent, but unless B is lying about what Hugs said, a sub Berwyn and a feminized Berwyn may go against the original intent of Berwyn, but Hugs did not seem opposed, and the original intent/doc was no longer necessarily accurate to Hugs' view anyways. Also, there potentially being a romance route does make sense, given that "He's a fervent demisexual when it comes to men," so forming/shaping that attraction would probably be a good idea.
Unless I'm missing something here (and no doubt I am as there's clearly stuff happening behind the scenes) I don't think not being attached to his physical masculinity means it's a Go to just turn the dude into a chick even optionally.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
I mean technically our champions don't actually know what will happen to Brint.. well that's how I justify it.
I'm curious: would you give that same justification if something similar were to happen to a dickless lady companion (but the inverse)—or would you try to prevent it at all costs?

Me? I personally feel uncomfortable either way tbh. I read what happens to Izma from CoC I if you were to deceive her into drinking that Bro Brew and the whole thing made me feel so dirty. It only strengthened my stance that forced TFs are morally wrong. Fortunately, though, what happens to Brint (should you choose to let it happen) only requires the player to be passive on their part. Furthermore, Brint doesn't lose TOO much of himself if he becomes Brienne. So, all's well that ends well I suppose.

Last edited:

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I'm curious: would you give that same justification if something similar were to happen to a dickless lady companion (but the inverse)—or would you try to prevent it at all costs?

Me? I personally feel uncomfortable either way tbh. I read what happens to Irma from CoC I if you were to deceive her into drinking that Bro Brew and the whole thing made me feel so dirty. It only strengthened my stance that forced TFs are morally wrong. Fortunately, though, what happens to Brint (should you choose to let it happen) only requires the player to be passive on their part. Furthermore, Brint doesn't lose TOO much of himself if he becomes Brienne. So, all's well that ends well I suppose.
Irma? Is that Loppes mom or do you mean Izma? The Shark beta, though I do 0refer if she had been alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.