Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
When is Einin being implemented? I keep hearing her name.
We don't know, but William has mentioned having a lot of work to do getting her ready and what we've heard from B about companions suggests that the devs are finalizing all companions ASAP and want them to be ready to slot into existing content. He's probably had to write a lot of stuff for story/dungeon content where Einen can be present based on whenever she's first recruitable. Also he's been busy with TiTS work.

TLDR: :iiam:
Man I do hope she doesn't have the stereotypical thief hardass I'm mean to everyone else complex.
Based on everything that William has said (see here for example) I rather doubt that's what she's going to be like. :p

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Lone Wolf115

Based on everything that William has said (see here for example) I rather doubt that's what she's going to be like. :p
Ok thanks I read that. By looking at her already made bust she's a magic thief type. (Going off her dagger which is completely compromised of magic, like the bound dagger spell from Skyrim.)

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
At everyone who cares to answer: if you could select the gender of all your companions—they don't necessarily have to be the ones from CoC II (it just can be imaginary ones from a possible CoC III)—what would the gender ratio look like? All guys? (LOL.) All girls? (The most likely outcome probably.) Or some sort of mix? :iiam:
Well... Honestly, they'd all probably be femboys, futas, or female, with the exception of Ryn, as a dickgirl. So she's futa adjacent.

Companion by companion, it'd probably be...
Arona: Futa
Atugia: Femboy
Azyrran: Futa
Berwyn: Probably still a femboy, but with a smaller dick
Brint: Futa
Brienne (separate because of how different the two are): Female
Cait: Either femboy or female
Kiyoko: Female
Quint: Femboy
Einen (if she ever comes out): Femboy
Agnimitra (I think B's been saying she's going to be a companion?): Futa

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Regarding the question: All female for me. I'm that... predictable.

Regarding gripes: How the heck can Pyro Brienne's conjured flame get disarmed? It's not a physical object, she could just conjure it again. Unless the process of doing that takes the same ammount of time as fetching your weapon off the ground.

My pyro brienne got disarmed by a selkie and the flames were tossed from her hands like a sword... it was funny to say the least.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I assume the real reason is 'because game balance' since it would be broken to have a character completely immune to Disarm.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Regarding gripes: How the heck can Pyro Brienne's conjured flame get disarmed?

I would like to refer to a quote from an unknown forum user who is 100% correct:

They're not actual flames, she's just holding painted rocks that she throws at people while shouting "FIREBALL".

td1900

Aug 12, 2020
me, thinking about how I don't let Brint anywhere near that cursed armor because I like him just the way he is and vastly prefer him to Brienne:

View attachment 18557

Same. His threesome content or the exhibitionist scenes where he bangs Arona/Tui are some of my favorite in the game. It just feels nice having a bro in the game you can double team a stacked racoon milf with. Which is a shame, since Brienne ticks a lot of boxes for me too.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I'm gonna probably get kicked in the face for pushing it even in a gripe thread, but gonna add to this that when I snooped on Hug's twitter he revealed his plans for Berry and that yes he was banned from the forums and wasn't one who left voluntarily and had no way of telling anyone that. I'm gonna forever squint at Berry's production from this point as that just confirms that it's all against his wishes and he is not okay with what's going on with him. It seems things weren't as complicated as was stated. And frankly I wish it was just stated that Hugs wasn't allowed to write for him anymore rather than this whole beating around the bush/staying silent that went on. Because for the longest time I genuinely didn't know what was going on and thus only had his twitter to go off of. I thought the dude just up and left.

Regardless of the Berry in the game not being his anymore, I'm just not gonna touch the guy after hearing this because frankly the whole thing kinda accelerated my eyestrain rn. I guess there's some comfort in seeing that he's still gonna write his own separate stuff of Berry and get art of him and give himself some closure by separating the one in the game from his idea of it, especially since Berry means a lot to him as a character, but man.

(Not to mention this is exactly the sort of thing I feared would happen with these games and the whole policy around abandonware, especially when I had expressed interest in writing for it myself years ago)
He's gone and the character was left incomplete. This then gives whoever took over (B in this case) the right to do whatever they want (within certain limits obviously as some things aren't allowed).

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
He's gone and the character was left incomplete. This then gives whoever took over (B in this case) the right to do whatever they want (within certain limits obviously as some things aren't allowed).
That is the defacto state of things, yes, because surrendering the control to the devs is the only way anything would get done. If a major contributor could at any point somehow pry their stuff out of the game and leave it would have only led to madness. And in my heart of hearts I find that I'm weak and would often take more content I like over respecting the wishes of the creator.

But at the same time I can see why this can bother people that are really attached to everything they create, especially if they only write as a hobby and thus life has even more ways to get in the way. At least both TiTS and CoC2 are very upfront about the whole arrangement.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
His was kicked out and as a result his character was left incomplete. But sure, minimize it like that. >.>

Reactions: Kesil and JK Drack

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
His was kicked out
Publicly dunking on somebody suffering like him isn't really beneficial to anybody, but no. Hugs kicked himself out in spectacularly toxic fashion and then later got banned everywhere because he decided to start a public toxic outburst when nobody wanted to work with him anymore months later. After B! was starting BerryQuest.

Kindly stop browning your nose in issues into which you have no insight, Em.

Last edited:

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
To get this thing back on track , i think that the lantern is useless ,there are no severe debuffs to accuracy for walking around in the darkness nor any special places (some caverns / tunnels etc) that would make this item viable.

Lone Wolf115

To get this thing back on track , i think that the lantern is useless ,there are no severe debuffs to accuracy for walking around in the darkness nor any special places (some caverns / tunnels etc) that would make this item viable.
It helps to see where the paths are going and makes it easier/better.

Lone Wolf115

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
I saw somewhere that you'll be able to wave it at Lusina to stun her if you don't have any fire attacks but that's yet to be implemented.
Oh man yeah I need to get Drake on that.
Wait...what? :p

But...why? Why stash a combat buff against an NPC from act 1 in... act 2?

In my case Lusina has been staying in the marefolk village for a looong time

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Why stash a combat buff against an NPC from act 1 in... act 2?
Cuz I ORIGINALLY wrote a lantern you could use against Lusi back when she was written but Drake didn't wanna code an item JUST for her. I finally got a chance to recycle the item but he forgot to code the Lusina bit. XD

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Cuz I ORIGINALLY wrote a lantern you could use against Lusi back when she was written but Drake didn't wanna code an item JUST for her. I finally got a chance to recycle the item but he forgot to code the Lusina bit. XD
Ohhhhh boy, that's just too funny. XD

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
It's never too late to flash Lusina in a fight. And it will never not be funny. Hardened life-long bandit with a bitchin sword. Stopped completely by pretty lights mid-fight.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
It's never too late to flash Lusina in a fight. And it will never not be funny. Hardened life-long bandit with a bitchin sword. Stopped completely by pretty lights mid-fight.
It is a rather crippling weakness, would be infuriating to deal with if she was a party member.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Wait thats an actual thing?
Yep. Use a fire-based ability on Lusina in combat and she loses her train of thought to the pretty lights.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
It's really good for early game when Lusina is in duelist stance. If she fails the check, then moth instincts kick in and she drops the stance and loses a turn. Makes an otherwise difficult fight hilariously easy.

It is a rather crippling weakness, would be infuriating to deal with if she was a party member.

Just give her some sunglasses, she'll be fine. Either that, or swell her breasts up to where they're covering her eyes. Can't be light drunk if you can't see the lights.

Besides, Lusina's glorious chest would make it worth her being stunned. She can still be emotional support.

Status
Not open for further replies.