Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Please don't take what I said personally. I wasn't trying to pick on anyone with my comment. If you spend enough time around the forums and/or Discord, you see enough people crying when they can't do whatever they want exactly how they want to do it to whomever they want in these games to make you irritable whenever the topic comes up. And that's even when you're not one of the developers!

It's a very fine line to walk, variety vs depth, and I think the devs are doing a great job balancing both.

Shiny Boots

Mar 28, 2021
Please don't take what I said personally
Don't worry I didn't. I was more just responding to the concept.

If you spend enough time around the forums and/or Discord, you see enough people crying when they can't do whatever they want exactly how they want to do it to whomever they want
I am glad that I didn't come off that way. I really do NOT want to be seen that way from previous or future criticisms.

It's a very fine line to walk, variety vs depth, and I think the devs are doing a great job balancing both.
I agree like 90%. I did the second Winter Palace dungeon last night and oh boy does the variety offered harm the depth lol I'm not mad because it's hilarious. I can very much tell some options just weren't meant to be clicked on :p

Reactions: Paradox01

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Oh, they're meant to be clicked on alright, it's just that there's one and only one route through to the end where the game won't suggest that maybe you could have done things differently afterwards. If they didn't want you picking the other options at least one, they wouldn't be so steamy. :D

And there's even some sneaky hidden variety in that dungeon if you try dealing with the named encounters via the Banishment power.

Shiny Boots

Mar 28, 2021
New gripe. Brienne's transformation says the scar heals itself but her art still has the scar.

Immersion broken 0/10, too much water.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
And there's even some sneaky hidden variety in that dungeon if you try dealing with the named encounters via the Banishment power.

This is exactly why I made Banishment OHKO ghosts and it was exactly as fun to write as I expected.

leomax

Dec 3, 2017
Things That I think are neat. The new nails and make up stuff, that's really cool. I wish TiTs had that. It adds more personality to your character. Totally a thing you didn't have to add, and it made the game several times better.

The gripe has been answered and redacted

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
I feel like you can spend hours getting to where the game is right now, and it feels like there's only a few really key moments where you actually corrupt or change anyone - with the feeling the game is supposed to open up after you get the old fort.

A lot of these choices seem very isolated, and the scenes mostly throwaway after seeing them once. It'd be nice if changes in characters were reflected more in scenes. This would require some deeper work in existing scenes, but I think the payoff would be seeing continuous changes in characters be reflected in these scenes.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I feel like you can spend hours getting to where the game is right now, and it feels like there's only a few really key moments where you actually corrupt or change anyone - with the feeling the game is supposed to open up after you get the old fort.
The game is in production with oodles of content yet to be written. Corruption content was designed to be gated behind Winter City (not the Wayfort) so it's only been a year out of three the game's been in existence where serious corruption content has been really possible, and we've started to get some since then. So far there are obvious corruption routes for two dungeons, one of which is admittedly a narrative dead end but the other has an obvious consequence for the future, it's just not been implemented yet. Also there's Jael'yn whose tainted vs demon state is determined by your actions.

And on the non-corrupt side, Ryn's got a major personality mechanic that affects pretty much every scene she's in and it's how you interact with her that determines how she develops. Not everyone is going to be that drastic of course but it's an example of how you can change the characters, right now.

It'd be nice if changes in characters were reflected more in scenes. This would require some deeper work in existing scenes, but I think the payoff would be seeing continuous changes in characters be reflected in these scenes.
Out of curiosity, which changes and which scenes do you have in mind?

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021

A lot of these choices seem very isolated, and the scenes mostly throwaway after seeing them once. It'd be nice if changes in characters were reflected more in scenes. This would require some deeper work in existing scenes, but I think the payoff would be seeing continuous changes in characters be reflected in these scenes.
Not trying to debate your opinion or anything, but in my opinion corruption not being easily available right now is more of a good thing, the longer you interact with characters and time you see their attitudes and reactions, the more meaningful breaking or tainting them is, in either a "what have I done" way or a evil rp way. It'd be kinda meaningless if the reverse extreme happened and Cait pops up in the door and your mc just went like "DAHKNESS CONSUME YOUUUUUUUUUU" then cait just instantly has a permanent ahegao face twerking and her response to any question is "but can i f*** it tho". would be funny but I dunno i like the slow burn imo

Reactions: Animalistic

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Stats on level-up which just provide a flat boost to your damage suck. Why do you take strength when you level up? Why do you take willpower when you level up? Is it because you want the armor or the focus? Or is it because those stats just so happen to be tied directly to the damage you can do, and as such you pretty much need to invest in them (depending on your build) in order for you to stay effective as you level up. The primary reason why these are chosen is because it's a direct damage investment, to the point where not picking either of them is effectively just you cutting your arms off. I don't think they should be removed necessarily, but I also think that their nature inherently makes the choice of what to take less interesting.

Do I choose between being more likely to dodge, being more likely to randomly strike harder, or this consistent and necessary damage bonus? Heck, even if you're a pure support, you still pretty much just need to invest in willpower, because several support abilities scale based on your spellpower. At least you get to chose 3 of the 6 stats to give a boost to on level-up, but given that there's always going to be one of those going to the stat that you happen to use for dealing damage, you might as well just chose 2 of the four remaining stats for your entire build variety.

And if you're going for a split build, where you use both physical and magical powers, then that's a necessity to invest in both willpower and strength. This means even less ability to go for other stats for reasons aside from just punching harder. You could have non-damage reasons for going for one of the two, but their main shtick is that they are the go-to stat for actually becoming more powerful.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Do I choose between being more likely to dodge, being more likely to randomly strike harder, or this consistent and necessary damage bonus?

You mention that you get three points per level up literally a sentence later so this complaint makes zero sense.

If you want to get better at spells you need to train your mind. If you want be a better warrior, you need to train your body. If you want to do both you need to split your attention and something else will suffer as a result. This isn't some kind of needlessly restrictive gameplay mechanic, that's simply allocation of resources according to priority.

Reactions: Emerald
May 7, 2018
Current gripe; solid portion of Hashat's content being locked behind exactly one specific race. I know she's got a specific kink and caters to something very specific, but the Racial score in this game is so fluid and messed up and your starting race is completely irrelevant to the check. Even if I start as an Elf, if I pick one too many non elf features for my character i'm locked out of it because I don't fit that exact perfect mold, and Hashat becomes magically uninterested and sterile and can pump me full of cum without knocking me up, even though most of the features can be found on wyld elves anyways?

It's extremely bizarre to me that any content in a game that is (ostensibly) about varied TFs and customizing your character through them has such a hard, immutable, and easily broken content lock based on a poorly defined appearance screen descriptor. I understand well enough that there's allowances for authors writing preferences or characters preferences, but it just bothers me that Hashat's buy in is so restrictive and specifically punishes you for doing what the rest of the game (and the two others) encourage you to do by transforming yourself to your whims and unlocking varied scenes. I'd be perfectly fine with it if it was just a contextual dialogue about her being extra turned on that you're an elf, but the fact that multiple entire scenes and her entire pregnancy line is restricted to that very slim definition of race is absolutely baffling.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we had a kind of opt-in racial lock like we do with gender score. Even if it 's only to your starting race, or has some level of tolerance to it, it'd be nice to be able to still be called an Orc when I overwhelmingly look like an orc, and not a Chimera (which is extremely unnatural to read in conversation) just because I have wings horns and a tail.

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
1. You do realise that you can just TF yourself to an elf and then after you are done TF back to whatever you were before? 2. Last time i checked orcs didn't have wings/tails/horns so your champ is a chimera since it fits (chimeras do have a tail , wings and horns) . 3. Characters having no preferences would be kinda odd (unrealistic in a way [i know it's a land filled with horny bimbugs , magic etc but still]).

May 7, 2018
1. You do realise that you can just TF yourself to an elf and then after you are done TF back to whatever you were before? 2. Last time i checked orcs didn't have wings/tails/horns so your champ is a chimera since it fits (chimeras do have a tail , wings and horns) . 3. Characters having no preferences would be kinda odd (unrealistic in a way [i know it's a land filled with horny bimbugs , magic etc but still]).

I'm well aware that you can tf yourself to and elf and back; except you can't, because there's still TF traits in this game that aren't available on items and are locked to character creation, making going back to something once you've lost it a difficult proposition. Elf is extra bad for this since the wyld mark is permanent once it's rolled.

I would strongly argue that despite wings it's not unreasonable to still be called an orc when the entire main body is still orc? Green skin, tusks, ears, all standard orc. Looking at the character you don't see a wyvern or smth and be unable to tell she was ever an orc, you'd see an orc with animal parts taped on. Obviously that doesn't always apply, but the chimera race score is so easy to slip into if you mix any traits at all. In the case of Elf, wyld elves have tons of these animal features anyway and are still called elves, but as far as Hashat's concerned she can psychically determine whether that horsecock comes from elf wine or minotaur blood on a precise numeric scale.

Sure, characters certainly do have preferences. I said as much, but most characters in the other two games are still either; A) largely receptive regardless, and their preferences are bonus dialogue inside the same scenes. b) their preferences are relatively broad categories like Feminine or Masculine on a simple scale that doesn't define much else >75 feminine, >75 masculine, or c) they disallow specific features, rather than only including extremely specific, narrow definitions of characters. This lets them state clear dislikes without disallowing half of the playerbase.

Certainly if I want that content I can just make an elf character for that very specific elf kink stuff, but it's more the extreme mechanical specificity of it that bothers me. And there's no lore saying she takes contraceptives unless its an elf or anything; but she'll cum inside you a dozen times and it simply doesn't take unless the eugenics algorithm says you're a racially pure elf.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
I'm not sure how this issue ties back to the start of your problem here of "tfing back"
Especially since Wyld Wine gives the wyld mark, too

I'd imagine that was a misinterpretation by the OP of whether the Wyld Mark TF's that the PC acquires are factored in when classifying the PC as a Chimera or not.
As it stands, the Wyld Mark TF's don't affect the PC's classification in any way (as in won't refer to them as a Chimera), which means that if a female Wyld Elf PC was to have wings from the Dove Wings Wyld Mark, Hashat would still recognize them as a pure female Elf.

Although the OP would technically be right about one of the Wyld Marks (although not with the Chimera classification) affecting Hashat's ability to recognize a femme Wyld Elf PC as a pure Elf female.
The interaction in question is: A female Wyld Elf PC which has acquired the Horse Cock Wyld Mark will no longer be recognized by Hashat as a pure Elf female (which makes sense due to fact that a female Wyld Elf PC that acquires the Horse Cock Wyld Mark would be classified as a "shemale" and lose their vagina in order to acquire said Horse Cock - although that is notably a bit inconsistent with Fritte being a "hermaphrodite" and seemingly also having the Horse Cock Wyld Mark...).

Which does sort of beg the question as to why Hashat is so interested in Etheryn, but not equally interested in a femme "hermaphrodite" / "shemale" Elf PC...? Although I'm not going to question that too much.

Last edited:

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
The real answer is that the writer didn't actually remember to accommodate player characters without a vagina :negativeman:

May 7, 2018
I'm not sure how this issue ties back to the start of your problem here of "tfing back"
Especially since Wyld Wine gives the wyld mark, too

My point with that was that TF'ing once with Wyld Wine gives you a mark that is permanent and doesn't go away when you tf back, so you'd then lose the ability to then use Wyld Wine to gain other traits later. This usually doesn't matter as long as you pick one you like, but it's still a permanent commitment for a temporary dive into elf for Hashat that removes future options with the wine. There's also a number of appearance options that are unique to player creation and can't be gained or regained with TFS atm. Both some of several small annoying things about the current TF system that hopefully will be resolved over time now that the new appearance code is in.

But my issue was never that it was impossible for me to do, it was more a ideological argument that this game is usually about accommodating the player character as much as possible (even when its quite hard) so the idea of having a piece of content that is so laser-targeted just strikes me as odd. Most scenes that have specific requirements feel like rewards for qualifying for them; they feel like open doors appealing to whatever kinks they represent. But Hashat's elf thing is the opposite; it's a really narrow closed door that punishes you not being exactly what it was written for to the letter. Feels incongruent with the general spirit of the game.

Again, it's not so much that she has a noted preference for elves that she talks about, or even that there's a really hyper-specific enabled scene; if she was less enthused about me not being an elf but could still knock me up and access that whole content with her kids normally I'd have less complaints about the specific Elf Slut Kink being a one off specific scene. But despite her 'Ride Pony' scene having numerous references to "filling you full of foals" and cumming her "hyper virile seed" directly into your womb, you can't get knocked up by it no matter what. Only the Elf Kink scene can knock you up, because apparently her sperm is racist. It's amusing at least. If the only thing that changed was that being fixed, I'd be totally happy.

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
Stats on level-up which just provide a flat boost to your damage suck. Why do you take strength when you level up? Why do you take willpower when you level up? Is it because you want the armor or the focus? Or is it because those stats just so happen to be tied directly to the damage you can do, and as such you pretty much need to invest in them (depending on your build) in order for you to stay effective as you level up. The primary reason why these are chosen is because it's a direct damage investment, to the point where not picking either of them is effectively just you cutting your arms off. I don't think they should be removed necessarily, but I also think that their nature inherently makes the choice of what to take less interesting.

Do I choose between being more likely to dodge, being more likely to randomly strike harder, or this consistent and necessary damage bonus? Heck, even if you're a pure support, you still pretty much just need to invest in willpower, because several support abilities scale based on your spellpower. At least you get to chose 3 of the 6 stats to give a boost to on level-up, but given that there's always going to be one of those going to the stat that you happen to use for dealing damage, you might as well just chose 2 of the four remaining stats for your entire build variety.

And if you're going for a split build, where you use both physical and magical powers, then that's a necessity to invest in both willpower and strength. This means even less ability to go for other stats for reasons aside from just punching harder. You could have non-damage reasons for going for one of the two, but their main shtick is that they are the go-to stat for actually becoming more powerful.
I'm new to trying to min max in games, and CoC2 is designed to be more freeform and less wrong choices stat wise, but imo the 3 stats shown when you select a class are the ones to level up, and that which provide the most benefit to the class. Each stat provides damage boosts or defense boosts directly or indirectly, but I've had zero problems since focusing on the 3 stats they recommend each level up, with the main stat being prioritized. With the drinks in the bar you can also get a additional stat temporarily boosted to your highest stats number. Gears a bit more complicated but in a interesting way, because sidegrades take more time to think about than "brass armor 2 dollars, super god beyond evil and good enchanted with sticky white stuff +12 4730000000 dollars". There are a few direct improvements 2 though, like the winter city leathers for light armor seem pretty straightforward, but generally as long as you can say "I can use this stat" and aren't like maxing spell power and using mage robes on a sword and board tank with options to smack with board 1-3 you can see and feel the stats upgrade over time. Generally in the current development you can't easily hinder yourself with stat choices until around winter city, where you stop being able to directly overpower all enemies with straight level upgrades. Coc rewards party composition more than stats though imo, you could be lu bu buy three dps likely will be one shot, 3 tanks won't do enough damage, and 3 healers likely won't be able to take or deal enough damage, but a tank healer and dps can do a fair bit even with less stats or gear.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
My point with that was that TF'ing once with Wyld Wine gives you a mark that is permanent and doesn't go away when you tf back, so you'd then lose the ability to then use Wyld Wine to gain other traits later.
Upon reading this, I often wonder why Wyld Elf traits have an option for Horse Cock if you can't change what Mark your elf has when you start off as one - on top of min-maxing aspects, there's no option for horsedong on character creation, and you can just get a horsecock anyways via Minoblood Wine.

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
Upon reading this, I often wonder why Wyld Elf traits have an option for Horse Cock if you can't change what Mark your elf has when you start off as one - on top of min-maxing aspects, there's no option for horsedong on character creation, and you can just get a horsecock anyways via Minoblood Wine.
Cuz balancing your game around the minmaxers tends to be bad design. You pick it for personal flavor.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
You pick it for personal flavor.

Which is why I'm wondering why I can't make a Wyld Elf black mage at the start with a horse peen, but I can have a snake tongue or dove wings, which you can't get on your own outside of locking yourself in with the Wyld Wine TF.

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
which you can't get on your own outside of locking yourself in with the Wyld Wine TF.

You can get them in-game if you consume some Belharan Stew, though it's RNG dependent. Ivris sells it for 500 EC, so it is fairly expensive, but it's an option until we get reptilian TFs and Avian TFs outside of Harpies.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Belharan Stew is more like if you locked Wyld Wine out of alchemy and took out the Marks, though - and it's expensive mostly because of that Well-Fed status.

Which is exactly what the Stew is, Wyld Wine but no alchemy options.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
So, let me explain why the horse cock is granted by wyld wine but is not an option in character creation:
When I created wyld wine, I came in with two goals. First and foremost, create a general wyld elf TF. Then, my goal was to add a range of wyld marks that were not available at character creation because there just wasn't room and/or because of when in the character creation process the selection is. This may change in the future, but that's why it is the way it is at current. It's the only extra wyld mark that I ended up adding, I think, as I used the existing character with it as a reference (Fritte).
To be honest, I'm surprised no one noticed that there are no genital wyld marks in the options and reached the conclusion that that's why.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
To be honest, I'm surprised no one noticed that there are no genital wyld marks in the options and reached the conclusion that that's why.

Explain your Equine Anus mark, then.
And also the fact that elf ears in genral are erogenous zones as it is.

But I get it, horsecock was an add-on and Wylf Elf char create might possibly get an extra page or three if/when writer comes up with more - such as deer (antler) TF and/or different types of goat horns (am an absurd fan or those markhor horns - the spiral/corkscrew ones that go straight up); maybe even add something like a distended jaw, like snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.