I

Do you consider the anus genitals?
57ef91739b8665705160df44f1341623.png

Has sex education truly failed us so?

Reactions: Paradox01

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Has sex education truly failed us so?

No, but then we need to explain eggnancies.

I was mostly joking around, btw.

What I was saying was, people use the anus for sexual release, kind of like how the kitsune can control their tails for such and what-not.

Last edited:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
The Anus isn't genitals, ya dingus! /sarcasm

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
And yeah, Fritte is a pretty interesting case if we just consider Wyld Wine (and not the Character creation process), because she is capable of having both a Horse Cock (from the Wyld Mark) and retain her vagina too (something the PC cannot exhibit with their use of Wyld Wine).

So the thing here is that Wyld Elves have a third sex: you can be intersex. Game mechanics limit that in character creation to "has breasts and a dick", but theoretically, a Wyld Elf can have any form of primary and secondary sexual characteristic combination without issue. Fritte having both a cock and vagina isn't unusual.

Is it a shame that Wyld Wine doesn't reflect that? Yeah, kbut I think it would be a bit complicated to account for that unless the Champ has already TFed themselves different characteristics via the eggs and other miscellaneous TFs. I know that Aly's Frost Elf TF takes into account if you count as a Frost Elf "half-sex" (so very feminine/preference for female presentation with a cock), but Wyld Wine at its time of creation didn't really have that option from what I understand, so might be a good idea to edit it after the fact. You know. If you want to give the writers (Balak in this case) more work. (Or I offer myself as volunteer but oh my god the variables to take into consideration...)

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
So the thing here is that Wyld Elves have a third sex: you can be intersex. Game mechanics limit that in character creation to "has breasts and a dick", but theoretically, a Wyld Elf can have any form of primary and secondary sexual characteristic combination without issue. Fritte having both a cock and vagina isn't unusual.

Yes, I am already aware of this, thanks.

Is it a shame that Wyld Wine doesn't reflect that? Yeah, kbut I think it would be a bit complicated to account for that unless the Champ has already TFed themselves different characteristics via the eggs and other miscellaneous TFs. I know that Aly's Frost Elf TF takes into account if you count as a Frost Elf "half-sex" (so very feminine/preference for female presentation with a cock), but Wyld Wine at its time of creation didn't really have that option from what I understand, so might be a good idea to edit it after the fact. You know. If you want to give the writers (Balak in this case) more work. (Or I offer myself as volunteer but oh my god the variables to take into consideration...)

Sorry, you've lost me a bit here. I understand that it would most likely be complex to account for the different variables of the PC, but that's not something I raised (nor even tried to downplay). All I was trying to convey was the difference of a Wyld Mark's affects on an NPC (Fritte presumably, fully female -> hermaphrodite) vs the PC (In this comparative scenario, fully female -> "shemale" - albeit with no testicles as well).

The notion that there should be edits was not something I ever advocated for (even in my thread here, I was just posing questions with only two proposed edits / ideas iirc), so your point of "You know. If you want to give the writers more work." seems a bit presumptuous.

Not to mention, this is the gripes thread is it not? Kind of seems a bit counterintuitive to police gripes in a sense (even though mine was not really coming from a gripe basis per se, more a reply to a Dev from a comparative basis).

Last edited:

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
Sorry, you've lost me a bit here. I understand that it would most likely be complex to account for the different variables of the PC, but that's not something I raised (nor even tried to downplay). All I was trying to convey was the difference of a Wyld Mark's affects on an NPC (Fritte presumably, fully female -> hermaphrodite) vs the PC (In this comparative scenario, fully female -> "shemale" - albeit with no testicles as well).

Fair, I seem to have gotten muddled while trying to explain my point: That Wyld Wine does seem absolutely capable making people in Savarra intersex, it's just not possible for the Champ as of this moment due to the way it was programmed/structured. Though I don't think there's any reason to assume Fritte wasn't a hermaphrodite from birth and that her Wyld Mark made itself known during puberty. That's why I brought up that Wyld Elves are intersex earlier, apologies for the tone and the unintentional assumption you didn't know about the lore; I meant it more as reiteration to later explain my point that just... Didn't come out clearly.

The notion that there should be edits was not something I ever advocated for (even in my thread here, I was just posing questions with only two proposed edits / ideas iirc), so your point of "You know. If you want to give the writers more work." seems a bit presumptuous.

This one is also a case of "tone doesn't translate well in written-form"; it was meant as self-deprecating because I would be interested in having this added to the Wyld Wine TF, in the same way that the Frost Elf TF accounts for this. Sorry about that, I should've either made that clearer or not made the joke at all.

I hadn't intended it as tone policing, but as a sort of gripe that Wyld Elf only accounts for PCs that are considered cis male or cis female in the game, and the whole thing got muddled because I didn't express myself clearly. Sorry again, and thanks for pointing all of this out!

Reactions: Undecided

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Fair, I seem to have gotten muddled while trying to explain my point: That Wyld Wine does seem absolutely capable making people in Savarra intersex, it's just not possible for the Champ as of this moment due to the way it was programmed/structured. Though I don't think there's any reason to assume Fritte wasn't a hermaphrodite from birth and that her Wyld Mark made itself known during puberty. That's why I brought up that Wyld Elves are intersex earlier, apologies for the tone and the unintentional assumption you didn't know about the lore; I meant it more as reiteration to later explain my point that just... Didn't come out clearly.

This one is also a case of "tone doesn't translate well in written-form"; it was meant as self-deprecating because I would be interested in having this added to the Wyld Wine TF, in the same way that the Frost Elf TF accounts for this. Sorry about that, I should've either made that clearer or not made the joke at all.

I hadn't intended it as tone policing, but as a sort of gripe that Wyld Elf only accounts for PCs that are considered cis male or cis female in the game, and the whole thing got muddled because I didn't express myself clearly. Sorry again, and thanks for pointing all of this out!

Apologies, it's been a rough couple of days, so I'm pretty on edge. I don't mean to bring my IRL situations into interactions elsewhere, but it appears over the past (2 ?) days that I seem to already have done so.
So yeah, once again, apologies for that, I definitely need to chill and take a step back.

Reactions: Squirrelwagon

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Current gripe? Making a bunyip warrior and there's no fluffy lizard/snake tail TF.

And before anyone tries to call me out: yes, I know bunyip is supposed to be a naga, but considering taur and anything not biped is out, figured I'd make my own spin of a mutated one - game calls it a manticore because mane and furred arms/legs and cat paws for hands/feet.

Otherwise, I await the day the gryphon description and possible TFs get added...

Reactions: Tenalc13

Bre Karn

Aug 31, 2015
The game's inventory and item storage limits have to be reworked. I can understand limiting the amount of consumables or even gear that a character may bring on exploration or dungeons, and even a limit on the total number of combat consumables that can be owned at any time in total, but the storage must account for the increasing number of unique pieces of gear the Champion is able to collect over the course of the game. I'm at max storage currently and it's mostly the unique sets I keep as mementoes even if I don't equip them.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
The game's inventory and item storage limits have to be reworked. I can understand limiting the amount of consumables or even gear that a character may bring on exploration or dungeons, and even a limit on the total number of combat consumables that can be owned at any time in total, but the storage must account for the increasing number of unique pieces of gear the Champion is able to collect over the course of the game. I'm at max storage currently and it's mostly the unique sets I keep as mementoes even if I don't equip them.

If the storage capacity has to stay the same, I would like a trophy room, where you could turn in such items.
That would "destroy" them, but also add their describtion to the trophy rooms description. (If such a thing is possible.)

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Also stop hoarding.

But I like all my pretty purple star items...

But yeah, I tend to sell uniques depending on what build I have PC at - IE sell blade staff on warrior, thief & charmer builds but keep on white/black mage, etc.

But I also just hoard Razorcup Nectar because zero use for me until they manage to get past lvl6 cap - that's a lot of exp to waste using them imho.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Storage capacity has steadily increased across the course of the game and will continue to do so.

Also stop hoarding.
You are right about the increase, kinda forgot about that. Still, the increase of space is slower than the speed of rare item collection. Which is probably by design, as I understand it.

But hoarding is half the fun. =(

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Storage capacity has steadily increased across the course of the game and will continue to do so.

Also stop hoarding.

You don't know how painful it was to sell Viv's magic armor set for me.

:negativeman:

Reactions: Paradox01

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Also stop hoarding.

MAKE ME. THE PURPLE STARS ARE MINE. ALL MINE.

Savin: "Stop hoarding."
Me: "Stop stopping me from hoarding."

On the topic of griping, all these imps I kill and they still keep coming. I'm trying not to be a murderhobo (not trying to hard tbh) but all these imps and all these centaurs I kill and I still ain't making a dent in their population. Do I need to have Ogrish troubleshoot my weapon or something?

Reactions: SomeNobody

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
On the topic of griping, all these imps I kill and they still keep coming.

Blame all the (un)willing elf mummies that wanna have Kas or some demonic taint breed them into imminent corruption.
But yeah, you'd think after stabbing x many imps and centaur packlords in the neck, they'd eventually stop being a constant problem.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm trying not to be a murderhobo (not trying to hard tbh) but all these imps and all these centaurs I kill and I still ain't making a dent in their population.

Some dude pitched me a thing for tracking down some kinda imp broodmare factory to end that encounter for good. Haven't heard anything in a while about it. Shame.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Cleave is one of my most used powers. Arguably a favorite in terms of "what do I want to use?" That's because it's simple and effective. As long as you fight with a melee/thrown weapon, it's your best and most easily accessible form of crowd damage, and it deals a good amount (assuming you have an actual build). Unfortunately, despite how much I like and use it, it is also the source of my gripe. It is, quite simply, too good. Unless you're fighting solo foes, and know that you're going to be fighting a solo enemy, Cleave is pretty much guaranteed a spot in your active arsenal. Even at higher levels, the only Warrior skill which deals physical damage to multiple enemies at once is the Warrior's ultimate

Look at the other level 2 Warrior abilities. You have Dominance and Warcry. I have never used them, because they don't seem worth the slot. With Warcry, you want sexiness to be able to land a hit (a stat more tied with light armor and Presence, whereas a Warrior is supposed to use heavy armor for their level one passive, and while presence would be useful for beefing up companions as a tank, a warrior tends to dish out lots of attacks and plans to take lots of attacks, so you want strength to deal damage, toughness to tank hits, and agility to both land hits and not take as many hits), and even aside from that it only draws threat, deals 10 resolve damage (something warriors tend not to target, so this is presumably to draw additional threat), and applies terrified. Terrified reduces mental resistance and sexiness. So, you know what this does for a Warrior's playstyle? It doesn't. It's basically just a charmer ability that lost most of its resolve damage but still generates the threat it would have gained with that damage. Terrified's mental resistance drop is only useful for if you want to boost resolve damage, something which is primarily the focus of charmers rather than warriors, and as for the threat buildup, well, just use cleave. You'll gain a lot of threat if you just deal a huge chunk of damage, especially with Guarded stance up.

As for Dominance, it is useful, as long as you're using a shield. Because with a shield, you're probably using a one-handed weapon, and one-handers without a dual-wielded partner aren't particularly great. With a warrior with a curved sword, I found that Dominance was definitely outdamaging the basic attack, by roughly 2x. The problem, however, is that Rend exists. That character was dealing just as much damage with Rend and Dominance, and that got much worse when I swapped over to a Pike. Dominance's damage remains the same, regardless of weapon, since it's a non-weapon melee attack, so when I was using the pike, the basic attacks were nearly on par with Dominance, and Rend was vastly overpowering Dominance. And not only that, but Rend applies a damage over time effect which brings the total damage above Dominance for even the curved sword, and Rend is only a 2-turn cooldown, whereas Dominance is a 4-turn cooldown. Dominance's only extra effect beyond being an unarmed melee attack is that it generates high threat. In team fights, Dominance is not worth using over cleave because, again, just hit them for a ton of damage if you want to build up threat. In solos, then Dominance would be a strong threat tool, but otherwise you can just use Rend and severely outclass it in damage and cooldown. It also inflicts aroused, but, well, you're a warrior, not a charmer or spellcaster. Arousal only decreases the targets magical damage and defense, and unlike Warcry the arousal is single-target. If your foes isn't a spellcaster either, there's not really much point. The real kicker is that, at level 6, a Warrior can get Bull Rush, A.K.A. the better Dominance. It does much more damage, knocks the target prone (A stun is often more useful than a debuff to magical resistance for a physical fighter, or even for the team as a whole), and it claims to have "massive threat" rather than "high threat." The only downside is that it's encounter only, but a recharge of four turns is quite large, such that most encounters tend to go for a shorter amount of time. Plus, the primary intended effect of generating a ton of threat shouldn't be that necessary to reactivate later, assuming you have a threat-based At Will and have been consistently dealing damage.

TL;DR: The problem with Cleave is that it's an extremely useful and widespread tool, whereas its peers are down in the dumps abilities which are outclassed by so many others and which would feel massively out of place in terms of effect if it weren't for the threat generation, but threat is already generated through doing tons of damage so you might as well just use Cleave anyways, outside of the scripted one-on-one bosses.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I do have to say, that I do find it weird that if we have Cait in the party while sexing Salwah, she just kind of joins on the fun. Even if you had not sexed her. Eh, could just chack it up for her being professional with us once in her life.

Actually, when I think about it, a lot of scenes break that rule about not sexing cait if we agree to her terms. I would be fine with it if it was somewhat consistant. But it is not.

Last edited:

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
TL;DR: The problem with Cleave is that it's an extremely useful and widespread tool, whereas its peers are down in the dumps abilities which are outclassed by so many others and which would feel massively out of place in terms of effect if it weren't for the threat generation, but threat is already generated through doing tons of damage so you might as well just use Cleave anyways, outside of the scripted one-on-one bosses.

It's something I noticed as well. I switched Brint to his winter set precisely so he could act as a tank but he has trouble generating enough threat to keep up with my mage or my thief build...

Tallan

Aug 29, 2015
not so much a gripe as a kind of nitpick xD but I noticed that the Boreal Elf TF that was just added calls you a Wyld Elf. It's no big deal, though~

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
not so much a gripe as a kind of nitpick xD but I noticed that the Boreal Elf TF that was just added calls you a Wyld Elf. It's no big deal, though~
Should just say "elf" unless you started wyld elf.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Tfw I finally go do Ice Palace content and choose to fight Kasyrra and steal one of her skills - but they're all locked for level 10.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Tfw I finally go do Ice Palace content and choose to fight Kasyrra and steal one of her skills - but they're all locked for level 10.

Someday. Just not today!

Reactions: Emerald

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I do have to say, the strap on dick was really half assed.
I do not know, for something that took 3 years to develop, I maybe expected more. But who knows, maybe the target audience for this is happy.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I do have to say, the strap on dick was really half assed.
I do not know, for something that took 3 years to develop, I maybe expected more. But who knows, maybe the target audience for this is happy.
It did not take so long to develop, but to implement.
Aside from that, what did you expect? It is exactly what it is supposed to be, a strapon.
It unlocks all sex scenes that require a penis, without turning the character into a hermaphrodite.

You even get a one-time sex scene that you would not get otherwise.
I am really unsure what you expected here.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
It did not take so long to develop, but to implement.
Aside from that, what did you expect? It is exactly what it is supposed to be, a strapon.
It unlocks all sex scenes that require a penis, without turning the character into a hermaphrodite.

You even get a one-time sex scene that you would not get otherwise.
I am really unsure what you expected here.
A little more effort in rewriting the scenes maybe? I do not know, when my champion goes on how s/he is going to breed their partner that is not Kiyoko, I kind of just laugh. Like yeah, I get it is written in such a way that it is just removable, impotent dick, bur it is funny. Maybe it is because I mostly play characters with dicks, but I see no real appeal to it in its current form.

But as I said, I am not (really) target audience here, so maybe it is fine for people that do not like idea of having real dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.