Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
but in this game I have not found one character that questions the

Methinks it's because unlessthey absolutely despise the TF or you try to sex them and they're not into it, the mentality is basically "their body, they can do what they want with it."
Kind of like how nobody really stops Takahiro and his rampant alcoholism but you as the PC has an option to confront his drinking problem.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
I thought the dragon TF would've been more like Ember or Kas's dragon daughters. And why would that be endgame? The dragon girls show up at the end of act 1 and there may be dragons already on Savarra. The champion seems to know what dragons are if I remember correctly. It's not like they'll make them broken. At most their version of tail whack would be all crushing damage only. Which I'd love personally.
As I said earlier, her daughters aren't really dragons. Dragons are a thing in Savarra, yes. But Kas' daughters are only dragon-like. CoC's Ember was a real dragon, Kiha and the dragon daughters are not.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Don't know if I'm missing it but if you use TFs and change your race completey no one ever comments on it. In TITS a few characters do but in this game I have not found one character that questions the PC
'Because tracking that kind of thing would be a pain in the ass' is pretty much the official word on why they're not doing it. The only time that TFing is really going to affect how people react to the Champion is with the divine TFs, in which case it will affect interactions with that god's followers (see Keros and the kitsune), with Kasyrra and probably affect the ending options you'll have. Limiting the effect to those things makes it something that can reasonably be accounted for by the writers while allowing the most significant of the TFs to also have story weight.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
As I said earlier, her daughters aren't really dragons. Dragons are a thing in Savarra, yes. But Kas' daughters are only dragon-like. CoC's Ember was a real dragon, Kiha and the dragon daughters are not.

I know they're dragon morphs. I was using dragon and dragon-morph interchangeably for this so I probably caused some confusion unintentionally. Also, I thought Kiha was a salamander. I was wrong, she was a lizard and was made a dragon-morph. My memory is shit.

Reactions: Savin

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
New gripe:

Brint being able to use two non-light weapons because writer reasons, and one-part his at-will power "allowing him to," but PC can go 8 feet tall and even be much more muscled than him, but can't.
Then again, allowing PC to dual-wield non-light weapons because big beefy warrior would cause problems of many varieties and make the Light tag borderline useless if people ended up wanting to make Brint's at-will power stealable.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
And another gripe:

Wish there was a way to get the chitinous face without forcing an Arachnid face (IE fangs jutting from lips/mouth) - I don't even like the orcs and their tusked faces, so I'm not really a fan of having fangs jutting out either;
And I quote: "A set of fangs protrude over your bottom lip."

Reactions: Kesil

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Wish we would get more power slots with level 6-10 (new at-will @ 6, new recharge @ 7, etc). We've gotten so many powers at our disposal that it feels like a waste that we can only regularly use four of them.

At the very least it would be nice if we could get another at-will slot, so we could equip both an at-will attack or heal and a stance.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Bit of a minor gripe, but I have to admit I'm not overly fond of the fact that minotaurs are split between furry males and monster girls. I always thought that it was rather an odd choice, and would honestly prefer that they were all just monster boys/girls or furries, rather than the weird gender line split.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Bit of a minor gripe, but I have to admit I'm not overly fond of the fact that minotaurs are split between furry males and monster girls.
Based on their Codex entry they weren't split originally but the original mino males and females each preferred human partners to each other and at some point the two split, with the furry males and their human female partners creating Khor'minos while the 'Northern Minotaurs' had the furry females and their human male partners go off together. Over time the females of Khor'minos gradually developed some minotaur-like traits but not the full package.

The Codex doesn't explain why the sexual preference thing exists but that sounds to me like a plot hook that could be explored in KM.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Bit of a minor gripe, but I have to admit I'm not overly fond of the fact that minotaurs are split between furry males and monster girls. I always thought that it was rather an odd choice, and would honestly prefer that they were all just monster boys/girls or furries, rather than the weird gender line split.
I get ya. Not personally into muzzles myself, which is why I never questioned why Brienne lost hers. It does kind of make me wish that Brint was also like that.

Based on their Codex entry they weren't split originally but the original mino males and females each preferred human partners to each other and at some point the two split, with the furry males and their human female partners creating Khor'minos while the 'Northern Minotaurs' had the furry females and their human male partners go off together. Over time the females of Khor'minos gradually developed some minotaur-like traits but not the full package.

The Codex doesn't explain why the sexual preference thing exists but that sounds to me like a plot hook that could be explored in KM.
Wsan said that originally he did it because he found it hot. And I think he is just going to keep it that way. No need to over explain every little thing.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
I get ya. Not personally into muzzles myself, which is why I never questioned why Brienne lost hers.it does kind of make me wish that Brint was also like that.

I'm not either. I definitely wish both the minotaurs and the lupines were all monster boys/girls instead of furries, and that Brint was in particular, since he's my favorite companion.

Right, I get that there are fluff reasons as to why it is that way, I just found it odd.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
At the very least it would be nice if we could get another at-will slot, so we could equip both an at-will attack or heal and a stance.

Maybe a compromise: Since I can see that both an at-will attack and an at-will heal would be too much, maybe just give us a dedicated stance slot and make stances their own thing.

Last edited:

HK-47

May 17, 2017
@Ireyon My main notion was being able to have both an attack and a stance anyway, so that would would work just as well.

That said, my ideal change would be to add at least one more at-will slot, one more recharge slot, and one more encounter slot, like what @Sir Gooch was suggesting above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Violyn

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Not really a gripe about the game itself, but I need to vent a bit because I just came back after a long hiatus to find all my saves deleted.

While I thankfully have a back-up file, that still sets me back a lot, even if presently it just ruined my progress on Kiyoko’s house (I had finished rebuilding it before but it’s back to just one step up from square one. orz

I play on my iPad and it does keep removing saves for a different game (hosted on Twine) but CoC2 files had previously been stable so I’m not sure if it’s related to the UI update.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I play on my iPad

That's almost certainly the problem. Apple and our games have a history of not playing well together, and we haven't officially supported the platform since CoC1. Highly recommend saving to file at the end of every play session.

Darke92

May 2, 2021
Need Some more equipment. About the time of the rift my physical characters start feeling like they are weak, Im sure you'll sort this out in time other then that Kiyoko stuff in general alienation and all that maybe it won't be like that as A kitsune morph eventually which is a bit annoying as the Kitsune stuff is pretty awesome. Also Goblins and mousemorphs please though this is biased as Tamani and especially Amily where some of my favourite characters in coc 1.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Need Some more equipment. About the time of the rift my physical characters start feeling like they are weak,
First off, there's an edit-button, you don't need to double-post literally a minute after your first one...

Equipment is designed to work as a set of sidegrades rather than upgrades. This means that most weapons aren't going to be straight-up better than others, they're just going to be better in certain ways. If your characters are feeling weak then either you need to gain a level (if you're still below 6) or you need to look at who you're bringing and what your skill setups are.

Oh also Player Character alignment having a noticable effect on the game like coc 1.
It already does, there are a huge amount of scenes that check for whether you've got the Dark Knight personality or just for various Corruption thresholds.

Reactions: Paradox01

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
Not exactly a GRIPE but I couldn't help but chuckle and allow myself a comment out loud on Mr Moneybags complaining about 5000 coins for the temple after dropping almost 100k on the small nursery behind the tavern.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Not a gripe but does anyone know when Lady Evergreen isn't available during certain times the square below Senja in the manor is highlighted, does that mean it's for a future update, maybe we can interact with the witch during the night?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
She's not available at certain times because she's not entertaining visitors at all hours. The square below Senja and Meira can only be visited after you've gotten intimate with Evergreen.

Reactions: zagzig

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Not a gripe but does anyone know when Lady Evergreen isn't available during certain times the square below Senja in the manor is highlighted, does that mean it's for a future update, maybe we can interact with the witch during the night?
That's her bedroom, it means she's gone to sleep. You can enter the room once you've known Evergreen carnally (to pay for information for Cait or because you want a pretty magic penis, or just because you're hot for obviously evil ladies) but you can't interact with her as far as I know.

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
everyone keeps begging for a dragon tf and I'm just running around the game with dragon wings, scaly skin, clawed hands and legs, a long firey tail and large curly horns.
if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck :V

coffee with milk

May 5, 2021
wish i could help kiyoko, but peen content isn't my jam. it's really well written though (kudos to The Observer), and i get the appeal. it just ain't for this girl (not a gripe btw.) i do like having a sitdown with her and chatting every once in awhile, though i just feel like a jerkface for not being into impreg stuff, lol.

i tried the magicock for one of my champs, but the harpy lady that visits you keeps coming back every single night even when i make her shoo. it's a bit annoying, her interrupting my champ's much needed beauty sleep. is that encounter supposed to repeat over and over every single night?

Reactions: Forget Me Knot

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
wish i could help kiyoko, but peen content isn't my jam. it's really well written though (kudos to The Observer), and i get the appeal. it just ain't for this girl (not a gripe btw.) i do like having a sitdown with her and chatting every once in awhile, though i just feel like a jerkface for not being into impreg stuff, lol.

i tried the magicock for one of my champs, but the harpy lady that visits you keeps coming back every single night even when i make her shoo. it's a bit annoying, her interrupting my champ's much needed beauty sleep. is that encounter supposed to repeat over and over every single night?
That sounds like a bug, but one I haven't gotten before, even when I had magicock for like 80% of my game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.