Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampent Pervect

Aug 21, 2018
If Evergreen did all that stuff that people talk about recently in the thread, why do the two sisters stick around still? Or all those other kids that mess around?
If you're referring to her daughters, Meira and Senja, it could be that she's influencing their minds. Lady Evergreen does use hypnotism/mind control, after all.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I don't think there's many characters in CoC 2 I would say I hate. I hate Alissa but I think everyone does. She was built to be hateable. I'll admit I hate Evergreen, but mostly because she disgusts me and I'd rather have Viviane for my magical and witchy needs. That elf boy shows up way to often and I just don't like him. Twinks with massive schlongs don't do it for me. Byvernia's smug behavior irritates me. Her second wind ability only serves to drag a fight out. I shit all over Jen and the Marked Merks (rightfully so. They're bandits, Jen's a hypocrite, she implies Leofric may try to seduce/force himself on me with her "sleep with the enemy" line and I am not about that, and no one seems to care about any of that and lets them walk around with no issue) but I wouldn't say I hate them. And don't tell anyone, but I secretly want Jen to princess carry me. But keep that between us okay.

The Frostwood has Kurako - which is a nice initial few encounters ar first - but then it's just a lot of "Oh don't mind me, just secretly stalking you but not really (just kidding I'm stalking you)" (but the headpats scene is still nice every so often).

How dare. Kura is a sexy Egyptian ninja fox. Plus she stops attacking and apologizes so that's a point in her favor.

Same with the cultists still showing up even after doing the Centaur village quest - how do the same three cultistd have all those Charms?

They ordered them in bulk and keep throwing themselves at us to get rid of them so they can write them off on their taxes obviously. At the risk of angering the gobbo simps, I'll admit that I hate goblins and the goblin cultist really grinds my gears. She's a pain to fight and is just so crazy and unlikeable that I groan when I see her. I know we're trying not to kill cultists since some are victims, but can't we lock her in a basement or tie her up somewhere she won't bother us. She'd probably like it. But then again, who doesn't love shibari?

Reactions: Stupid_Goo

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Sorry I was just reading the comments from the very start of the thread and I feel sad. Poor Lady Evergreen, such hatred for the sexy witch and my favourite non playable character by far. How can you hate her? We need more morally corrupted/questionable npc's that have a backstory.. so far from what I have played we have Kas and Evergreen.. the other 'bad guys' are just background characters. The comment about her changing the sex of her children, I bet if we could actually do that in RL most people would do it. Well I'm 100% with our maybe could be evil mommy witch.
To be fair, just because someone is evil does not mean we have to like them.
Still, she is honestly not much worse than characters such as Arona, Q##### and Mercs. I am still waiting for reveal what she has done.
Although I am starting to dislike Leofric the more I learn about him. "Like he is some amazing dude that is totally indestructible guys. He is so cool and awesome and who cares that when he id angry he rapes girls". Which Is a shame since I was excited for him because of his design.

Reactions: Firangi and Jefj

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Ooh are we listing our hated characters? While I don't hate any of them, I do have a few that I don't have much time for -
1. Berry, I don't interact with him after defeating his mistress because he's a brat and the way he behaves reminds me of a badly behaved child.
2. Quin, can't trust someone who used to belong to the cult that's reigning havoc over the marches and then turns his back on them. Can you trust someone who turns tail on their own people to join your team?
3. Kinu, liked her as a kit but both her personalities are depressing and there's no logical reason for someone who just came out of the astral plane jump into an engagement with someone they don't even know.

Who's Leofric? Am I missing something?

Reactions: Animalistic

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
To be fair, just because someone is evil does not mean we have to like them.

But what if we like them because they're evil? asking for a friend.

Still, she is honestly not much worse than characters such as Arona, Q##### and Mercs. I am still waiting for reveal what she has done.

I wouldn't say Q is evil, just stupid. Seriously, Tollus is almost comically evil. He may as well have a shirt that says "Wannabee Main Villain". I'd argue that Arona has something approaching a code of honor and is upfront about her wicked ways. It doesn't redeem her, but it makes her better than Evergreen.

Kinu, liked her as a kit but both her personalities are depressing and there's no logical reason for someone who just came out of the astral plane jump into an engagement with someone they don't even know.

I'm fine with her getting married but I've gotta agree. She gets engaged really quickly to someone she just met and connected with. To be fair, it sounds like they'll stay engaged for a while so maybe that will help with the whole "Call Me Maybe" situation Kinu's made for herself.

Although I am starting to dislike Leofric the more I learn about him. "Like he is some amazing dude that is totally indestructible guys. He is so cool and awesome and who cares that when he id angry he rapes girls". Which Is a shame since I was excited for him because of his design.

Same, but where is the "gets angry and rapes girls" thing coming from? I distrust him and I'm sure he'll try that on the champion, but has there been anything concrete? I haven't seen an updated Merk questline doc.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Same, but where is the "gets angry and rapes girls" thing coming from? I distrust him and I'm sure he'll try that on the champion, but has there been anything concrete? I haven't seen an updated Merk questline doc.
If you (try to) corrupt him, he rebels against you and along with his male mercs, goes and rapes female mercenaries. So he does what he has done up until now, he just excuses it on corruption. After that he becomes roaming encounter while Jen blames us.

Now again, you can excuse it as it being our fault. But than again, I do not see what we have to gain from him raping all of his female mercs. Just seems counterproductive. So it feels more like game is shaming us for wanting to act corrupt. Eh, at least that disbands the mercs.

This was posted on discord by Bubbles. Can not be bothered to find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefj and Stupid_Goo

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
If you (try to) corrupt him, he rebels against you and along with his male mercs, goes and rapes female mercenaries. So he does what he has done up until now, he just excuses it on corruption. After that he becomes roaming encounter while Jen blames us.

Now again, you can excuse it as it being our fault. But than again, I do not see what we have to gain from him raping all of his female mercs. Just seems counterproductive. So it feels more like game is shaming us for wanting to act corrupt. Eh, at least that disbands the mercs.

Ah, I don't have the discord so that'd be why I don't know it. But the attempts to corrupt him fail but he still goes around and acts corrupt? That is not a good look. I was expecting the corrupt option for the mercs to be demoralizing them beyond repair and making them leave or press them into wayfort service. This is just counterproductive to have a nearly immortal rape monster running around. Can't blame Jen for being mad at us though. Even if he was already bad, it sounds like a corrupt route would make him worse or give him an excuse he can claim. The more I learn about Leofric, the less I want to see him. If he wasn't some superman, it wouldn't be as bad. But unless there's a permanent way to deal with him (magical sealing, throw into a portal somewhere, abuse physics and rocks to keep him pinned under an avalanche) then what's the point? make nice with the asshole or have to put up with him roaming around. Neither option sounds enticing or satisfying. It's not like the mercs are doing anything different now so barring the genders being exclusively male, it sounds like a corrupt route is just the status quo. I hope that all isn't the case.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Ah, I don't have the discord so that'd be why I don't know it. But the attempts to corrupt him fail but he still goes around and acts corrupt? That is not a good look. I was expecting the corrupt option for the mercs to be demoralizing them beyond repair and making them leave or press them into wayfort service. This is just counterproductive to have a nearly immortal rape monster running around. Can't blame Jen for being mad at us though. Even if he was already bad, it sounds like a corrupt route would make him worse or give him an excuse he can claim. The more I learn about Leofric, the less I want to see him. If he wasn't some superman, it wouldn't be as bad. But unless there's a permanent way to deal with him (magical sealing, throw into a portal somewhere, abuse physics and rocks to keep him pinned under an avalanche) then what's the point? make nice with the asshole or have to put up with him roaming around. Neither option sounds enticing or satisfying. It's not like the mercs are doing anything different now so barring the genders being exclusively male, it sounds like a corrupt route is just the status quo. I hope that all isn't the case.
I am not sure if we succeede in corrupting him or not. That is why I wrote (try to) like this.
Still, if we succeed, why does he turn against us? I hope we find out. Ev

Still, yeah... I also find it weird that only men rape women. Like this is getting way to close to IRL situations. Since the rest of the game is pretty equal when it comes to rape. Everyone does it. Expect in this case apparently. Why do only male mercs start raping? Because that is not my experience with them. Everyone wanted peace of me.

Reactions: Tide Hunter

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Leofric sounds pretty garbage, like it was fine when he sucker-punches the champion during an event after you beat Jen enough in order to save her as your first introduction to the guy but what exactly are the various outcomes of the Marked Mercenaries storyline? Specifically non-corrupt ones.

His holy boons sound pretty ridiculous compared to most stuff seen in the game, why not just cut his head off? Usually works pretty well in stopping various kinds of undead critters.

Reactions: Emerald

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Leofric sounds pretty garbage, like it was fine when he sucker-punches the champion during an event after you beat Jen enough in order to save her as your first introduction to the guy but what exactly are the various outcomes of the Marked Mercenaries storyline? Specifically non-corrupt ones.

His holy boons sound pretty ridiculous compared to most stuff seen in the game, why not just cut his head off? Usually works pretty well in stopping various kinds of undead critters.
3 options. Besides corrupt one, you cN either get him and jen together and stop mercs attacka. Or you can steal Jen from him and stop attacks.

I personally would just like to tell them to buzz off since they are all bunch of rapist that did about as much harm as Orcs that they were hired to protect us from. But nope, you either be all buddy buddy with them or Leofric geta to rape women to his heart content. Either way he gets away scott free.

Oh yeah, thank you for reminding me about his back handed attack. He is really a swell guy.

Also, I have to say. We got pretty screwed by the gods compared to him if we take them up on our offer. While all we get is social boon and permanent TF, he gets enhanced strength, vitality and indestructibility. Like wow.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
3 options. Besides corrupt one, you cN either get him and jen together and stop mercs attacka. Or you can steal Jen from him and stop attacks.

I personally would just like to tell them to buzz off since they are all bunch of rapist that did about as much harm as Orcs that they were hired to protect us from. But nope, you either be all buddy buddy with them or Leofric geta to rape women to his heart content. Either way he gets away scott free.

Oh yeah, thank you for reminding me about his back handed attack. He is really a swell guy.

Also, I have to say. We got pretty screwed by the gods compared to him if we take them up on our offer. While all we get is social boon and permanent TF, he gets enhanced strength, vitality and indestructibility. Like wow.

Jen's an incompetent leader with a bad case of hero worship but she's not a bad fighter. If anything getting her away from the rapey assholes is a good thing. It'd at least hurt Leofric's pride to run off with his biggest fan. But I'm not happy at the idea of Leofric and the other mercs getting away with what they're doing. They're just as bad as the orcs, harpies, and I go so far as to say imps. I'd sacrifice content with them if it meant actually getting a satisfying conclusion.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
So...

Leofric is secretly an anti-hero? Sick.
Except he's an actual asshole that nobody likes and not like Alucard or Deadpool.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
my only gripe so far I've just found, Shar'd content isn't being added fast enough :(
Hear hear!

Even if she's not as likely to be a companion as she once was I'd still like to sit down with the chirpy girl and tell her more stories of our adventures/further train her in the fighting arts.
Forget about spending time adding any more scenes of a sexual nature, this is one character I just want to see other kinds of content and interaction for.

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
I think most of the NPCs that occassionally get flak from people around here are nevertheless good characters. If you hate someone you're supposed to hate, then it's good stuff. Much more satisfying when they get their just desserts at your cock hands. For instance...

Byvernia's cool. Sure, she likes to gank you and carries a Phoenix Down with her, but it's a cool combat that can catch you unawares and, once you beat her, you can pound her like a piñata in the most satisfying fashion.

Leofric's fine too I suppose. He also ganks you and cheap shots you, but you got to respect a man that knows Raging Demon.

Maybe gets people salty because he doesn't get any comeuppance later... but I think it will come in the future. And, no, Leofric, I won't stop clapping Jen every time I see her.

As far as I'm concerned, Evergreen is a very pleasant lady that earned the right to live undisturbed in her little cottage of debauchery long ago. As long as you don't come preaching and mind your own business, she'll pay you with the same coin, and that's a fairer deal than you'll get from, say, people in cassocks, old fox soul-vampire harridans, and lethargic old school vampires that are in the "Let's-not-teach-dark-arts-in-Hogwarts" lobby. Plus, it's not like she's pre-industrial Doctor Badger. She's hospitable. And I'm pretty sure my Champion is worse than her.

However...

Big schlong wyld elf boy can fuck right off.

Annoying fairy man from the forest can catch fire and then fuck right off.

Crazy horses and their bullshit crit damage should be turnet into glue, and I should be able to slap the marefolk leader sharply before lecturing her in the basics of responsibility and not giving axes to mental patients.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Byvernia's cool.
I'm interested in seeing her content expanded, want to know what her whole deal is but most importantly want to know what's going on with the kids I've knocked her up with in the past!
Hope they're doing alright.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
And, no, Leofric, I won't stop clapping Jen every time I see her.

The one thing everyone can agree on.

Byvernia's cool.

eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh. I mean, if you're into that I won't judge but eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Big schlong wyld elf boy can fuck right off.

Annoying fairy man from the forest can catch fire and then fuck right off.

Hard agree on elf boi. Ninian is an ass but he's not the worst. He's pretty arrogant for someone who could be defeated by a rolled up newspaper though.

Crazy horses and their bullshit crit damage should be turnet into glue, and I should be able to slap the marefolk leader sharply before lecturing her in the basics of responsibility and not giving axes to mental patients.

Fuck the crazy horses, in a nonsexual way. Those guys are annoying and there has got to be a better solution than just letting them run around attacking everyone they see. Still, with how much stuff we find laying around, it wouldn't shock me if they stole those axes. I mean, just look at all those high quality rocks and flamey sword juices lying around.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
most of the npcs don't really annoy me enough for me to outright hate them. though I will say I dislike most of the kitsunes and there are some npcs that annoy me greatly. I think the character I hate the most is Tollus. the guy is just a power hungry asshole leading a bunch of gullible dumbasses, who doesn't give a shit how many people he has to step on to get what he wants. but I guess that is what most cult leaders are, huh.

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
weird, people are talking like they know exactly how the guy is gonna go. Hopefully they're wrong though, cuz it sounds kinda badly written.

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
Stuff posted on the discord that got misinterpreted, on top of that. The stuff you're talking about is specifically in a bad ending, if you corrupt him, and bad endings are non-canon. It's at no point going to be content in their main storyline.

What the actual fuck.

• Wow
Reactions: Animalistic

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
weird, people are talking like they know exactly how the guy is gonna go. Hopefully they're wrong though, cuz it sounds kinda badly written.
I hope so.
Stuff posted on the discord that got misinterpreted, on top of that. The stuff you're talking about is specifically in a bad ending, if you corrupt him, and bad endings are non-canon. It's at no point going to be content in their main storyline.

What the actual fuck.
Did it get changed into bad ending? So he will not become an encounter? I hope so since the first draft sounded awful. Like it was shaming corrupt players. Did anything else get changed?

Reactions: loricd

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
Did it get changed into bad ending?

That specific scenario was always intended to be a bad ending, at no point was it supposed to be main story content. If you corrupt him, and then hit the requirements for a bad ending, that stuff might happen. He also doesn't go on a raping spree that part is just straight up false.

So he will not become an encounter? I hope so since the first draft sounded awful. Did anything else get changed?

Oh, he's an encounter. It just seems like you misinterpreted some of the stuff in that doc because I have no idea how you came to the conclusions you did.

He's also not immortal or indestructible; as someone further up said, decapitation will kill him, he's just very, very resistant to magic attacks. I'm just incredibly baffled right now.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
That specific scenario was always intended to be a bad ending, at no point was it supposed to be main story content. If you corrupt him, and then hit the requirements for a bad ending, that stuff might happen. He also doesn't go on a raping spree that part is just straight up false.

Oh, he's an encounter. It just seems like you misinterpreted some of the stuff in that doc because I have no idea how you came to the conclusions you did.

He's also not immortal or indestructible; as someone further up said, decapitation will kill him, he's just very, very resistant to magic attacks. I'm just incredibly baffled right now.
And what I meant by raping sprees is that he and his bunch of goons go and rape other half of his mercs. Than they become hostile encounters? So i guess that is false?

Also, I just read stuff on discord 2 months ago. I do not remember any doc. So apologieson my part.

Is the doc public?
Also, any more info you can give?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016

Stop telling fucking lies, dude. This is the last time I'll tell you.

At no point does Leofric just "roam around raping". You continue to lie and not know anything you are fucking talking about. The mercs don't disband and NO ENDING made them do so, even the one on the concept docs where he turns evil (which in itself is vastly out of date). It's lies like this that are why I had to explain/showcase how inaccurate and/or out-of-date this shit is just yesterday.

At no point was there a bad end where Jen "blamed you" because the only continued-play corrupt event was the ORIGINAL bad end for Leofric, which is where you WILLINGLY corrupt him. You obviously didn't fucking read the context, though, as he doesn't SERVE you in even that writing. At no point were you his master/commander.

So kindly STFU and stop telling lies. You're paraphrasing everything I say and you're STILL not even being accurate. Like shit, you literally have people explaining it to you that it's not what you think/assume it is (keypoint on ASS because you're just the biggest one ever anytime you post). So many people on the forums are believing you when you don't even proof your shit or ask me on Discord. Stop spewing your BS.

Every doc on the mercenaries except their ORIGINAL PITCH document are available. And this BAD END where he turns into a monster is because YOU MAKE HIM INTO THAT MONSTER. You. The Player. And it is an end condition that is non-canon. So his terrible actions are because YOU are terrible when you topple him to the dark side, despite countless warnings about it.

It's just like how people ASSUME he's immortal because I mention he ages SLOWER. Not that he DOESN'T AGE. But fuck, I can't wait to hear/see you're doing the exact same shit all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.