Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffee with milk

May 5, 2021
i haven't been able to recreate it just now (i just checked with a different save), but it happened while i was parked in the tavern (for a reason i forgot) and spamming the sleep button. she kept reappearing every single time. can't remember the exact circumstance, though.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Rule of thumb: never sex anything in a smut game unless either you make sure you know what you're getting into (via others checking for you) or you save scum ever single encounter and if you don't like what happened, reload.
But that's scummy.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
i haven't been able to recreate it just now (i just checked with a different save), but it happened while i was parked in the tavern (for a reason i forgot) and spamming the sleep button. she kept reappearing every single time. can't remember the exact circumstance, though.
Could just be bad RNG. There's no cooldowns, it's just a dice roll everytime you sleep, if the conditions are met.

Reactions: coffee with milk

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
Rule of thumb: never sex anything in a smut game unless either you make sure you know what you're getting into (via others checking for you) or you save scum ever single encounter and if you don't like what happened, reload.
But that's scummy.

That sounds like coward talk, You have to dive in and take your lumps like the hero you are! :ghost:

Now to talk about why I am back to trawling the forum. I was a bit surprised when I just found out there is no Turged Mushroom mixture with the ringed peach. Will Tanuki dick transformation be added later on?

I seem to be a bit of a broken record when it comes to penis transformations, they just keep popping up.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I don't get the fascination for dragon TF.. I mean in TiTs being part Gryvain (sorry if I spelt that wrong) was okay but would any NPCs actually want to get fucked or fuck a dragon?

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Ah I kinda forgot about the frosty and co. I personally hope for more godly TFs like Keros otherwise it doesn't really effect the game, just your surface appearance.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
I don't get the fascination for dragon TF.. I mean in TiTs being part Gryvain (sorry if I spelt that wrong) was okay but would any NPCs actually want to get fucked or fuck a dragon?

Byvernia is all about dragon/wyvern fuckin. She even has her own harem of captured wyverns.

Reactions: valkyr42

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
It always annoyed me how having sex with Kiyoko automatically takes one to bed and starts the next day.

Like why? She even does it when she's outside of the orb.

She drains your chi even harder then all the other kitsune, duh. :ghost:

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
A very minor gripe of mine is that the petition keros button is right below the waystone button and you can't back out if you miss click on it.

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
A very minor gripe of mine is that the petition keros button is right below the waystone button and you can't back out if you miss click on it.

Yeah, it would be good if Keros gives you a final warning just so those who misclicked don't have to backtrack, however with autosave it isn't the worst. The game saves every 5min in real life.

Reactions: Kesil

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, it would be good if Keros gives you a final warning just so those who misclicked don't have to backtrack, however with autosave it isn't the worst. The game saves every 5min in real life.
That's if you remember to enable it.
I wouldn't be surprised if autosave to most folks definitions is the standard "save over your current file with no way to undo that period" thing and not the backup save way. (That's what I thought it was for a few years in the game's lifespan tbh)

Reactions: Paradox01

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
I wouldn't be surprised if autosave to most folks definitions is the standard "save over your current file with no way to undo that period" thing and not the backup save way. (That's what I thought it was for a few years in the game's lifespan tbh)
... Sweats profusely.

But seriously, I do save over my manual saves all the time because I blame Dark Souls and every game that does it. But I utilise the autosaves on the regular for if I fyucked up or bugs - most often for trying stuff out.

Reactions: Paradox01

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
Before i give my new little gripe I wanna thank whoever made Brienne summon her bull on turn 1 every time cause that was my last gripe and now it's all settled. Just hadn't gotten around to playing this in quite some time.

New thing is really small honestly but to me it's a bit annoying you can't properly (at least from what i can see) access your inventory in the frost hound. I feel weird like.... fucking Lyric in the street outside the frost hound? Cause so far with what little I've hung out with Lyric I consider her a companion of sorts really.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
The fact that mischievous isn't a supported personality makes me sad. I know the design doc says that cunning checks could be used to get that same cheeky bastard boy dialogue, but almost all cunning checks I've seen have just been your character being knowledgeable or perceptive and it just isn't the same man. I hope that the next game brings it back in full.
It's hard for me to notice them like with TiTS too now that I think about it. I do get it's a little more subtle, but I think it was said that Cunning checks aren't used as often as the base personality checks alone. I want more snark out of my champ, the smartass PC is the most fun of the three from TiTS and I wanted more of that here. :U

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Presence is better for support/summoners and cunning is better for damage dealers. But you can simply hop over to Garth and get a Lover's Dry for presence or Honey Mead for cunning and get the best of both worlds.

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
You can add me to that gripe list: Being locked into maxing strength and cunning due to me not appreciating the weak/stupid variation of some scenes. That and being slapped by my 6 y/o genius daughter at boardgames

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
You can add me to that gripe list: Being locked into maxing strength and cunning due to me not appreciating the weak/stupid variation of some scenes.

Same. I run warrior so I either have to miss out on toughness or agility. And since I can't hit anything and have lost fights purely because I missed every attack on a turn, I need all the agility I can get.

That and being slapped by my 6 y/o genius daughter at boardgames

I mean, I normally get slapped at board games by toddlers irl. Kinu winning is pretty normal for me.

Imma gripe about agility and accuracy. Even after getting agility bonuses, even after leveling it up every time, even after using weapons that don't have an accuracy penalty, and even after using accuracy boosting gear I still miss almost every attack. And it's not exclusive to the pc either. Brienne and Cait miss most of their attacks too. I've lost several fights because none of my (player and party member's) attacks would land. I'm wearing armor and optimized. I'm not getting steam-rolled. I just can't hit the enemy and get stomped while I'm flailing around. Maybe I'm just getting screwed by RNGesus, but it's feeling really unbalanced when I have to over level to survive a generic Crazy Horse encounter just to account for the turns I miss.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I still miss almost every attack. And it's not exclusive to the pc either. Brienne and Cait miss most of their attacks too.
Yeah that's on your side or RNG's. There's a 15% base miss chance, if your Accuracy and enemy Evasion/Resistance are equal.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I do have a problem when it comes to current corrupt content. I am not talking about the lack of it. I understand that we are still barely in act 2. But the way it is handled and how it feels for the player that is expiriencing what is there as of now.

Now I understand that the point of a lot of current corrupt content is just to please the players that want it. It was never meant to be as deep as pure route and it is there just for RP. And I mean, I guess that is fine but it feels pretty bad for my perspective as someone who enjoyed being corrupt in the first game. Like game is disgusted at me for even thinking of doing that kind of stuff. Which I am guessing is not an intention, but it still feels like it.

It makes me wonder if that is best way to spend your resources into choices that will not be supported any further. Like, besides attempting to please people that like being corrupt (and probably still failing) , what does it really accomplish? You wasted your time on one time gig instead of putting it all in main project. Like, it is not like having an evil option is required. I would rather if you just fleshed out rest of your planned content and not offer me the consolation prize.

Also with up and comming merc expansion,It seems that a lot of our decisions seem short sighted and comically evil. Which is something you guys seemed to hate. So why write it like that? Especially since we seem to gain nothing from it.

I just hope that by 2023 we will have some substantial options.

Reactions: Nitan and Jefj

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Sorry I was just reading the comments from the very start of the thread and I feel sad. Poor Lady Evergreen, such hatred for the sexy witch and my favourite non playable character by far. How can you hate her? We need more morally corrupted/questionable npc's that have a backstory.. so far from what I have played we have Kas and Evergreen.. the other 'bad guys' are just background characters. The comment about her changing the sex of her children, I bet if we could actually do that in RL most people would do it. Well I'm 100% with our maybe could be evil mommy witch.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Funnily enough, only NPCs I find myself disliking so far are... well, a few of the random repeatable encounters that I just don't like and end up finding more than half of my grind in any area; the Old Forest has that Wyld Elf I just can't bring myself to get used to but he shows up more often than any other random script in the area.
The Frostwood has Kurako - which is a nice initial few encounters ar first - but then it's just a lot of "Oh don't mind me, just secretly stalking you but not really (just kidding I'm stalking you)" (but the headpats scene is still nice every so often).
Foothills? Byvernia still upsets me for now until some more content comes in for her, which is likely only if/when PC gets some dragon/wyvern TFs or somehow a wyvern companion wedges themselves in, which is much X to doubt.
Harvest Valley for me is the lupine duo that... also doesn't have much content, if any, that I can find - they hunt for their tribe, but where is their tribe? And all those hip quivers... Same with the cultists still showing up even after doing the Centaur village quest - how do the same three cultistd have all those Charms?
The Rift only bugs me because that chimera do be looking hot and I can't slap a collar on her. Yet. Maybe. Hopefully.
If Evergreen did all that stuff that people talk about recently in the thread, why do the two sisters stick around still? Or all those other kids that mess around?

Status
Not open for further replies.