Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
In my case, I loathe bits that feel out of badly translated/localised doujinshi (such as the "Haa... haa..."- which I always read as The Simpsons' Nelson laugh without fail) or the likes of...

View attachment 26180
God tier text.

Reactions: MellowNumel

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Ah. Yeah I wouldn't have seen that. I don't play Lupines. I'm not into that level of anthro. I'll play human, elf, orc, catfolk in a pinch, but not that.

On an unrelated note, boy do I not like that the only way to interact with Hitoshi (that I know of) is to interrupt a fight between him and Takahiro. Given he's potentially our son-in-law depending on Kinu's personality, I wish we could at least talk to him a little.

Reactions: Ker0k and valkyr42

Zackflame

Mar 21, 2022
Why is it still possible to get disarmed by enemies while using weapons that have the ability to fly back into your hands like the Dawnsword or Skypiercer

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I'm guessing 'Because game balance' since those weapons in particular are already quite good and making you immune to Disarmed on top of what they have would be too much.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
That Agni will tease you for having a smaller cock than the 12 inch dick you asked her to grow, but then complains that she can't take you to the hilt when you also have a 12 inch dick. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS WOMAN.

Zackflame

Mar 21, 2022
I'm guessing 'Because game balance' since those weapons in particular are already quite good and making you immune to Disarmed on top of what they have would be too much.
Imagine a game like God of war making you run around picking up your axe each time your throw it. And on top of that, each time you switch weapons in the inventory don't help. So you saying "Because of game balance" sounds like a poor excuse.

PS:I didn't want to sound rude but I was just making a point

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Why is it still possible to get disarmed by enemies while using weapons that have the ability to fly back into your hands like the Dawnsword or Skypiercer
Maybe they got stuck on something. The specific way in which Champ is Disarmed is left vague; whatever explanation that suffices to account for the PC being unable to retrieve their weapon for a certain number of combat turns (and, for the record, each individual turn is a matter of seconds, so not much time at all) is the correct one.

In the Dawnsword's case, as the person who actually wrote the bit where the sword enters Champ's grasp, I would point out that that takes time, effort, and concentration, and the sword is only barely out of arm's reach when it happens. Nothing in that scene implies that Champ would find it trivial to summon the blade to their hand from several meters away.

Perhaps the sword ended up quite some distance away, and the moves Champ does in the interim are ones that they do while running to get close enough to the hilt to retrieve it.

Zackflame

Mar 21, 2022
Maybe they got stuck on something. The specific way in which Champ is Disarmed is left vague; whatever explanation that suffices to account for the PC being unable to retrieve their weapon for a certain number of combat turns (and, for the record, each individual turn is a matter of seconds, so not much time at all) is the correct one.

In the Dawnsword's case, as the person who actually wrote the bit where the sword enters Champ's grasp, I would point out that that takes time, effort, and concentration, and the sword is only barely out of arm's reach when it happens. Nothing in that scene implies that Champ would find it trivial to summon the blade to their hand from several meters away.

Perhaps the sword ended up quite some distance away, and the moves Champ does in the interim are ones that they do while running to get close enough to the hilt to retrieve it.
Thank you for giving a detailed explanation.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You realize there's an Edit button and so you don't need to double-post, right?
Imagine a game like God of war making you run around picking up your axe each time your throw it. And on top of that, each time you switch weapons in the inventory don't help. So you saying "Because of game balance" sounds like a poor excuse.
The first sentence is the reason why the game doesn't require you to use some sort of 'Retrieve' option every time you use something like a throwing knife, because sometimes gameplay trumps 'immersion'. Which is kind of making my point for me because even when a weapon can magically return to your hand (and given Aly's Dawnsword comment, one could argue that Skypiercer's enchantment only works when you throw it) that doesn't necessarily mean it should ignore a gameplay mechanic.

The 'balance' in this case is that Disarmed is a thing certain enemies do which is designed to cause problems for a Champ who is reliant on their weapon. Allowing you to say 'nuh-uh!' would remove some of that challenge from the game and strongly incentivize weapon-centric players to use one of those weapons specifically for the bonus and not for any other reason whether it be liking the stats, RP or whatever. There's also a balance factor in the weapons themselves; they're (mainly) intended to serve as sidegrades to one another but some tend to be considerably more useful than others for various reasons, and the Dawnsword especially is one one of them. Letting it also no-sell a status effect would be making it unbalanced in the sense of being too damned good.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Kind of wish there was a two week lock on a lot of the kitsune content, particularly Kinu and Takahiro events, including the kinu's engagement. It's just jarring to free your family and LITERALLY THE DAY AFTER you start getting flashback scenes like they've been free for weeks. Or the kitsune treat you like you are already an established presence, like in the Takahiro starting event scenes. The progression is just off.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
On the subject, I wish there were an option to make Kinu's flashbacks easier to trigger or possible to trigger manually because the RNG is very finnicky about it and it can be hard to track.

Reactions: Kesil

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Would be also nice if we could disable them like Takahiros. They really take me out of experience by focusing on someone that is not champion. Which funnily enough makes them somewhat more annoying since at least Taka has good enough pretense to not remove us entirely from equation, even if they are much less appealing otherwise.

Maybe have them be part of Kinus talks. Like [How was your day] and they transition into her perspective. Kind of like how Kiyoko does with her Keros stories.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Maybe have them be part of Kinus talks. Like [How was your day] and they transition into her perspective. Kind of like how Kiyoko does with her Keros stories.
That sounds like probably the best way to have it. Admittedly, it could make it easy to miss, but at the same time, it's something you can be much more in control of, and makes sense as it'd be tied to being interested in her story rather than being forced into it.

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
Off-topic, is there a possibility to thicken Cait without making her boobs bigger? I like thick Cait except for her big boobs cause her max boobs just look really weird and disproportionate (I know leocait is an option but I like her catfolk form and her original E-cup boob). Perhaps like the way Ryn works where you can make only her boobs big or only her butts and thighs big (making only selective parts big)?

It's probably a no but just wanted to ask.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
OK, I have been enjoying Quin expansion (despite its many shortcomings) but I have one of three major gripe to ask: Why is Quinn still wearing his cultists robes? Like for what purpose besides it giving him that bad boy edge? He is trying to convince people that he is a good guy and trustworthy yet it never hit him that -- maybe -- he should not present himself in clout of people he claims to be against? Every time he was targeted by some random passers by I just wanted to go over there, shove him into my room and yell at him "If you do not want to be seen as a bad guy, do not dress like one!". Like I get that I am supposed to side with the bunny boy, but he is not exactly helping his case, you see?

Honestly, Quinn being a former cultist really feels tacked on the more I read through. At least the interactions were nice.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yes, I read through it and no -- it really does not justify it to me. Quinn being a cultist, as it is being presented in the quest, barely goes beyond surface level appeal of having a former "bad guy"/supposed adversary/occult inclined individual as a party member. He honestly does not need to be one to be interesting: special magic, training to be an assassin and being part nobility is more than enough for a compelling pathos. Adding cult on top of that, especially in the way that is in text, just feels superficial.

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I guess it's all about tastes. Myself, I prefer an ex-cultist to an ex-assassin or a nobility member. But you are right: neither side is properly explored. I seriously hope the "statue" stuff is aside from an optional scene and dialgoue.

Status
Not open for further replies.