Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Honestly, for me Quinn being an ex-cultist is the most interesting thing about him. With his limited sex scenes and bent towards dominance to the point of having 0 anal catching scenes, he has nothing that all the rest of the party can't give me. The cult thing at least gives him some pathos and dialogue options during quests where the Cult shows up.

At least the rework gave him more synergy with the rest of the party by making it so everyone is damaging the same health bar.

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
An edit for the edit: here's my list. It's by no means a strict one, and I know there are missing characters, but it'll give you an idea.

Manly Men of Manliness
Bruno
Rroljar
Argoth
Orc warrior
Centaur packleader
Taldahs
Fenraus
Orc thane
Brint
Behemoth
Vitruvius
Gunvaldsen
Minotaur miners
Minotaur ghosts
Livernus
Hirrud
Leothran village males (I think)
Garth
Pavo
Male jotun (bust makes him look "less" masculine)
Garret
Cultist Reaver (I think)

Masculine:
Vaush
Orc apprentice
Ogrish
Centaur marauder
Crazy Horse
Siorcanna hunter (I think)
Male/Maleherm Liulfr
Barney
Rooh
Imad
Sanders
Sexy male statue
Hobgoblin thug
Tollus
Kitsune protector (I think)
Elaril
Imps
Lupine archer
Nash

Handsome lads-twinks:
Darius
Incubus blackguard
Raphael
Hinata
Nakano
Hitoshi
Quintillus
Svern
Kazuo
Takahiro
Keros
Psion
Elyon
Leold
Philander
Whisper

Feminine twinks & androgynous-looking males
Kitsune spellblade
Boomer
Male batfolk mugger
Jin-Jin
Undermountain kobolds
Male Lyric
River
Ninian
Nikol (bust makes him look more feminine)

Rather feminine/femlads
Berwyn (as of this time of typing)
Hornet drone
Mallach
Nyze
June
Elf Boy
Sugo

Haven't interacted with him/are vaguely described/I don't know if they're males to begin with
Dale
Avanai rider
Benny
Mino guards
Mino soldiers
Male harem spirit (bust looks masculine)
"MaleRide" slime
"MaleFuck" slime
Spectral barbarian
Spectral ghost
Taothian
Gnoll raiders
Grey-furred slaver
Male elf guards
Barghest
Demontaur
Telfir
Yonzan
Cultists (Mage, Archer, Bloodletter)
Leofric
Kelsaz
Hive knights
Flaming bull
Cultist Magos
Cultist bodyguards
Corrupted lupines
You forgot Vicky as a femboy.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I guess it's all about tastes. Myself, I prefer an ex-cultist to an ex-assassin or a nobility member. But you are right: neither side is properly explored. I seriously hope the "statue" stuff is aside from an optional scene and dialgoue.
Honestly, for me Quinn being an ex-cultist is the most interesting thing about him. With his limited sex scenes and bent towards dominance to the point of having 0 anal catching scenes, he has nothing that all the rest of the party can't give me. The cult thing at least gives him some pathos and dialogue options during quests where the Cult shows up.

At least the rework gave him more synergy with the rest of the party by making it so everyone is damaging the same health bar.
I agree that on surface him being a cultist is the most interesting thing, but, as I noted, it feels like a surface level appeal. The game really tries to justify him joining the cult in the most flimsiest of ways.
"Oh, he did not know any better what he was signing up to."
"Oh, he was just a messenger"
"He got duped"
"Despite joining an organization that through out the game was showcased as nothing more than a vile pit of scum and villainy, he is just the dandiest guy."
The game really tries to paint him as "not like the other girls" that you start to wonder why was he part of the cult if he is apparently nothing like them.

Reactions: Arai

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
"Despite joining an organization that through out the game was showcased as nothing more than a vile pit of scum and villainy, he is just the dandiest guy."
The game really tries to paint him as "not like the other girls" that you start to wonder why was he part of the cult if he is apparently nothing like them.
"A vile pit o scum and villainy" feels like giving them to much credit. They're sex cult, Tollus and his inner circle might be playing for world domination as they seem to be the only remotely competent ones. The rest of the cultist seem to be complete idiots. In a scenario where he has no money, no job, nothing better to do and completely unaware of the shit that went down 20 years ago, I could see Quint coming up north(as it's apparently the place for jobless, hawkless adventurers to be) stumbling upon the sex cult, realizing that they're mostly gullible morons following a dickhead spouting what he thinks is complete nonsense and joins in for the free sex and easy work. Only after that cult sacrifices a young girl to a portal and summons an actual demon and that demon starts wrecking the place and turning other people into demons does he realize that the dickhhead wasn't spouting complete nonsense and that he's made a terrible mistake by following a crowd of idiots.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
"A vile pit o scum and villainy" feels like giving them to much credit. They're sex cult, Tollus and his inner circle might be playing for world domination as they seem to be the only remotely competent ones. The rest of the cultist seem to be complete idiots. In a scenario where he has no money, no job, nothing better to do and completely unaware of the shit that went down 20 years ago, I could see Quint coming up north(as it's apparently the place for jobless, hawkless adventurers to be) stumbling upon the sex cult, realizing that they're mostly gullible morons following a dickhead spouting what he thinks is complete nonsense and joins in for the free sex and easy work. Only after that cult sacrifices a young girl to a portal and summons an actual demon and that demon starts wrecking the place and turning other people into demons does he realize that the dickhhead wasn't spouting complete nonsense and that he's made a terrible mistake by following a crowd of idiots.
While that could maybe work if the cult was something that only sprung up recently, they are not. They were always acting shady and dubious as we find in Gweyr quest, they always had a tendency to brainwash people into joining them and just look at what they wear. And even before that, the way they were always presented as unabashedly evil. There is just so much disconnect between what Quinn claims the cult to have been and what it actually was/is.
So it is hard to believe that a person, especially the one that game claims to be smart and perceptive as Quinn, can not put two and two together.

briarrosé

Oct 27, 2021
The issue as I see it is that there's a good deal of genre dissonance between Quin's storyline and the rest of the game, when it comes to the cult.

In Quin's story, we get the sense that the cult operates as real-life cults actually do - they're predatory organizations that draw potential members in by manipulating them and exploiting their weak points. Real-life cults never show potential members the worst stuff first, they lure them in with promises and reasonable-seeming ideas.

In contrast, a lot of the game otherwise presents the cult more like cults frequently appear in RPGs - a religion of "for the evulz" that you'd have to be either malicious or stupid to join.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
The issue as I see it is that there's a good deal of genre dissonance between Quin's storyline and the rest of the game, when it comes to the cult.

In Quin's story, we get the sense that the cult operates as real-life cults actually do - they're predatory organizations that draw potential members in by manipulating them and exploiting their weak points. Real-life cults never show potential members the worst stuff first, they lure them in with promises and reasonable-seeming ideas.

In contrast, a lot of the game otherwise presents the cult more like cults frequently appear in RPGs - a religion of "for the evulz" that you'd have to be either malicious or stupid to join.
Yeah, that is what I am saying. Quinn and his version of cult have little to no correlation to games version of same names group. Which is just messy.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
For the most part, the cult interactions we've seen are after their demon goddess emerged from her portal and started turning them into mindless corrupted fuckpuppets. It's actually Quin's stated reason for fleeing from the cult in the first place. Presumably, before Tollus ended up with "oops! Kasyrra's here!", they were a little cleverer and more sedate.

It's implied that after Tollus' first big cult push in Hawkethorne, he decided to change tactics again, unable to get away with overt pushes for power as he'd done before. So he simply kept things on the down-low, quietly getting his immortality juice and enthralling susceptible Marchers to his cause. If Kasyrra hadn't shown up, he probably would've kept doing his Pastor Mike shtick indefinitely (or until he found some new way to suborn Hawkethorne). The reason we don't get this impression from anyone other than Quin is because we don't really talk to anyone who would've seen the cult in that way - most of the rest of the cultists have been turned into full-on demons by now, or are slavishly following same.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I just can not really see it. Everything that game shows and refers to points to them always being scummy and not that subtle.
It is only Quinns that has anything other to say in contrary. His descriptions and justifications combined with their inherit vagueness just leave me with questions.

It feels like the game tries to hard to justify his actions; to scrub any stain that could possibly soil him any wrong or morally questionable light. Which just does not mesh well with him being a part of a cult, no matter how unassuming his intentions were.

I really hope his next expansion does better job in presenting some consequences/justifications, both meta and in text, to his actions of joining the cult. Since, as it is now, it all just feels like drama without much backing it up.

Last edited:

Zarkrai

Sep 30, 2021
I'm a little annoyed about the fact that you can't access the TFs that Nash sells until you get to Khor'minos so it would have been nice if they either made them accessible somewhere earlier in the game or have Nash use the Way Between to travels between Hawkthorne and Khor'minos so you can have earlier access to his wares, like when you're creating a new character for a new/different experience. (especially when new TFs are added) instead of having to wait for the unofficial CoC2 Save Editor to update for it.

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Personally, I am annoyed by how getting certain bits out of them is gated under luck and money.

Catmint

Aug 3, 2022
This is a very minor gripe, but I think the height TFs need a tweak, or an addition. It is hard to get one's ideal height through such a TF because of the dramatic leaps in height gain/loss. It only works without a save-scum spree when someone wants the extreme end in height gain/loss or are looking to gain/lose in about six to nine (aha) inch increments.

Lowering the amount or adding in an additional set of height TFs would make it a finer tool for getting the exact measurements a player wants.

Reactions: luciel1331

Joey75421

Dec 3, 2016
I just can not really see it. Everything that game shows and refers to points to them always being scummy and not that subtle.
It is only Quinns that has anything other to say in contrary. His descriptions and justifications combined with their inherit vagueness just leave me with questions.

It feels like the game tries to hard to justify his actions; to scrub any stain that could possibly soil him any wrong or morally questionable light. Which just does not mesh well with him being a part of a cult, no matter how unassuming his intentions were.

I really hope his next expansion does better job in presenting some consequences/justifications, both meta and in text, to his actions of joining the cult. Since, as it is now, it all just feels like drama without much backing it up.
The way I was interpreting it was that the cult was not being overtly evil for nearly twenty years since the Hawkthorne incident. That's why no one suspected much when one person a year would end up going missing to be their sacrifice.

The inner circle would be the only ones aware of the true plans and they would sweet talk and manipulate others to join for more simplistic reasons. To indoctrinate them gradually into that inner circle that would be hedonistic and heinous enough for evil tasks like sacrificing a virgin.

Quinn says how he wasn't there at the temple when Calla was kidnapped, so wouldn't have been brainwashed enough to be in the inner circle. Then Kasyrra showed up to everyone and corrupted nearly all of them. Quinn recognized how bad this was at this point and immediately fled, showing that anyone that disagreed was hunted down to likely be either killed or corrupted.

Adan

May 26, 2018
This is a minor thing but I wish fluid volumes were more realistic. Although I guess hyper and cumflation are fetishes... but still whoever thougt my character can swallow 27L of cum and go adventuring should drink 2L of cum and see if its "too little" ...

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The devs are well aware that many things in the game are not 'realistic' and they don't care. If being able to take Kasyrra's ginormous horsecock with no issues passes muster, being able to swallow equally ginormous amounts of cum isn't going to be the kind of issue they care about addressing from the 'could this really work?' standpoint.

If you must, headcanon that everything in Savarra has evolved the ability to digest massive amounts of sexual fluids as some sort of evolutionary advantage or something. ;)

Adan

May 26, 2018
at the beggining Brint said every warrior worthy of their salt has at least a few scars.. or something like that. How comes he still havent lost his balls? Its an easy target.

Frantic

Nov 20, 2021
Minor gripe: I wish that training with Zo kicked you back to her talk menu instead of all the way out one square to the west. Once you've had sex with her at least some of the training texts end with a pretty heavy prompt that the two of you are looking to bone, and it's awkward when the game boots you straight from that to a potential encounter.

Frantic

Nov 20, 2021
Second minor gripe, Zo's name is too short to search in the forums so I have no idea if anyone else has said this before and I am not manually looking

Milkman97

Aug 27, 2022
I'm new around here, but this is the thread for minor gripes that have no consequence, right? In that case: What the fuck is Takahiro's whole deal? I come to the fox den to knock up cute vixens, not read about a random drunk guy fucking other mostly inconsequential vixens. I know, I know, there's a button right there to ignore his events but I reach the point where I wonder what the character is even for, he's just around stinking up the place. Iunno, I'm not really expecting a response or anything, I just am a bit frustrated with him.
Also, sometimes I wish there were slightly better signposting of which choices involve a dick in my ass. Like the dragon-taur's cuddle option, I didn't expect sex to be involved at all. Maybe I just didn't read the tooltip, that's very fair response, I barely remember what it said. It hasn't happened often, just a little thing that kind of irritated me.
That's kind of it for gripes, honestly. No wait, there's one more—wands! Where are my wands? I want to use all the cool off-hand catalysts the game has, but there are no good wands around!
Other than that the game is great! I really enjoy it, even if the combat does still sometimes confuse me(I'm not certain why exactly my AOE attacks suddenly became worthless when i finished the Winter City arc, and I'm not certain how to improve my skill set as a black mage beyond finding more skill tomes in puzzle chests). I guess I could also complain about how it feels really weird doing victory sex when I'm walking around with my fox wife, but that's a personal complaint.

Reactions: Ker0k

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
In that case: What the fuck is Takahiro's whole deal?
Planned for content that's been back-burnered like most of BubbleLord's projects. Now that he's back to writing more again, getting around to that is probably somewhere in his to-do list.
Also, sometimes I wish there were slightly better signposting of which choices involve a dick in my ass. Like the dragon-taur's cuddle option, I didn't expect sex to be involved at all. Maybe I just didn't read the tooltip, that's very fair response, I barely remember what it said. It hasn't happened often, just a little thing that kind of irritated me.
Yeah, you might want to read those more closely next time. ;)

Cuddle.png
That's kind of it for gripes, honestly. No wait, there's one more—wands! Where are my wands? I want to use all the cool off-hand catalysts the game has, but there are no good wands around!
The Control Rod is kinda broken to an absurd degree (until Balak finishes the combat rebalance anyways) so if you want a wand-type weapon for a caster right now, that's the obvious go-to. Of course it's gated behind Kinu's paralogue but if that's not an issue for you, go grab it.

Also, the Wooden Rod may be a starter weapon but it's actually quite good, providing a similar Spellpower/Spell Pen boost to the other wand-type weapons and it deals Crushing damage and has the Ranged tag.
(I'm not certain why exactly my AOE attacks suddenly became worthless when i finished the Winter City arc, and I'm not certain how to improve my skill set as a black mage beyond finding more skill tomes in puzzle chests).
It depends greatly on what AoE attacks you're using and what you're using them against.

You can train in new Powers with certain characters, which gives you access to not only any abilities you missed during level up but lets you get powers that you don't naturally learn in your chosen Class. Start with Ivris and Sanders for the Black/White Mage ones. There's also Mirror Stance which lets you steal a whole bunch of powers from enemies.

Milkman97

Aug 27, 2022
You can train in new Powers with certain characters, which gives you access to not only any abilities you missed during level up but lets you get powers that you don't naturally learn in your chosen Class. Start with Ivris and Sanders for the Black/White Mage ones. There's also Mirror Stance which lets you steal a whole bunch of powers from enemies.
Yeah, I know about training, I have all the black mage abilities I can get from Ivris (and the wolf power from Viviane, weird that only she teaches that one). I didn't know you can learn abilities outside your class though.

In terms of 'what attacks you're using' I was in the glacial rift mainly using either Fireball or Arc Cannon because the ice place seems like the place to either use lots of fire or no fire(depending on how meta the game design is) with pyromancer Brienne and Witch Cait, and both AoEs were generally doing around… forty to sixty damage? Way more on the bird knight guy but I think that's because his bird is really weak to lightning and that factors into the damage he takes for the knight.

I don't know what Mirror Stance is, though. It sounds like a Zo ability, but went and learned all of Zo's abilities I think. Was there one I missed?

Murloc Mazta

Apr 20, 2022
I don't know what Mirror Stance is, though. It sounds like a Zo ability, but went and learned all of Zo's abilities I think. Was there one I missed?
Mirror stance is one of the possible rewards for completing the Convocation of Mirrors event. To do that event, you're going to need to beat Sigrune, the Jotun standing to the upper right of the Old Forest.

Milkman97

Aug 27, 2022
Mirror stance is one of the possible rewards for completing the Convocation of Mirrors event. To do that event, you're going to need to beat Sigrune, the Jotun standing to the upper right of the Old Forest.
Oh! I never went back there actually. I was expecting to at some point see text pop up during a conversation with like, Komari or the Baroness(why can't you interact with her outside of certain events anyways? If it's a matter of 'write it' I might be willing to tackle that) that says "You can go talk to the giant lady now" in so many more words. I guess I could probably beat her at level 6.

GOI

Nov 16, 2016
Oh! I never went back there actually. I was expecting to at some point see text pop up during a conversation with like, Komari or the Baroness(why can't you interact with her outside of certain events anyways? If it's a matter of 'write it' I might be willing to tackle that) that says "You can go talk to the giant lady now" in so many more words. I guess I could probably beat her at level 6.
The Giant lady talk version of kind of linked to Salamander city but right now have to beat her up

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
or the Baroness(why can't you interact with her outside of certain events anyways? If it's a matter of 'write it' I might be willing to tackle that)
Carmen content is on Savin's backlog; he has Plans for her but hasn't gotten around to writing her content yet.

And yeah, as mentioned there will eventually be a way to get past Sigrune without fighting her but that's gated behind content that isn't in the game yet, though it's closer than Carmen's content since Savin has actually been writing some of it in between other projects. Sigrune has been beatable since she was implemented so Level 6 is way over the point where you're expected to be able to just overpower her; most of my Champs did it at Level 4.

Reactions: Savin

Adan

May 26, 2018
ah it took me 20+ tries on lvl 4 , but it was no big deal to retry with a camping equipment i dropped next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.