Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman97

Aug 27, 2022
Carmen content is on Savin's backlog; he has Plans for her but hasn't gotten around to writing her content yet.
Ah, I see. That's too bad, I think she's an interesting character.

Since this is a gripe thread, though, I feel I have to add something to stay on topic: Why can't I bother more people about learning their magic? I want to be a huge nerd who collects magical techniques, even if they can't be used in fights. Barring that, I want to be able to at least talk about magic with more people.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Am I imagining things or has the load in gotten much slower? It was the same for TiTs too, both browser versions feel like they're loading slower

AStrangeGeek

Jul 14, 2022
Am I imagining things or has the load in gotten much slower? It was the same for TiTs too, both browser versions feel like they're loading slower
I have noticed two significant slowdowns recently in the Steam version of the game:

1) The last loading step (for UI assets, I believe) takes a much longer time to load than I remember it.
2) Clicking on the "load game" button at the start seems to freeze the game for 5 to 10 seconds before the load screen come up. This happens only on initial startup and at no other time.

I've noticed no slowdowns during actual play, just the initial startup, so the delays are just a nitpick for me.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah I noticed that too, for both games.

If it's happening in the Steam version too I assume it's something either in JS itself or our build server (which the two games share). If it persists past the current builds we'll look into it.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I'm rather annoyed that Lactic Studs don't seem to actually appear in the appearance. The appearance menu is where you can toggle them, but for whatever reason, the breast description doesn't make any mention of the piercings.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
... the quest High Ground is too silly for non-silly mode, I think. References are fun, but packing so many Star Wars and Diablo references into one quest is too immersion breaking.
Have you seen the silly mode version? It's so much worse. Also, better.

• Haha
Reactions: wolfraider13

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yeah, the swords quest silly mod was kind of painful to sit through. It feels like it mistook sillynes to just referencing stuff where the "comedy" only stems from knowing about starwars without much else backing it up.

Really, that whole quest was a mess now that I think through it. Especially since we do not even get to bang the Incubus.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
My only recent gripe is new sets on characters and not having a CG in the window for it or in appearance screen when swapping since a lot of these have pictures to go with. Or in Ryn's caseand Brienne's it's in the little window and not on her appearance screen. Yeah it's not a big deal and you can't just ta-dah a bunch of pictures of the characters art takes time but with how many sets we have it's just a little annoying.

A bigger one is AFAIK Ryn's second set can't use her own Ultimate and that's stupid. it's redded out since she's using a spear and it's a bow ultimate iirc.

Reactions: Acharehnus

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
It feels like it mistook sillynes to just referencing stuff where the "comedy" only stems from knowing about starwars without much else backing it up.
"Mistook"? Hardly. No matter where you look in this game, Silly Mode is at least half references. It's all about whatever the writer feels like shitposting.

It's valid to not have enjoyed that particular brand of humor, and even to gripe about it, but saying the writers don't understand what Silly Mode is supposed to be ain't right.
A bigger one is AFAIK Ryn's second set can't use her own Ultimate and that's stupid. it's redded out since she's using a spear and it's a bow ultimate iirc.
She should still be able to and has been able to in the past. Ignore the red text and just click on it anyway. If you still can't use it for whatever reason, that's a bug.

Reactions: wolfraider13

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I mean, fair, different people find different things applicable to the concept of silly mod. But I can criticize on how lazy the whole execution was. Silliness that relies only on association to something popular is just uninspired. It also does not help that it is not written that good. It being a Star Wars homage without it doing anything beyond "hey, remember that thing" is just lame.

Basically, it being a silly mod thing does not mean it should be atoned from critic. Not to put down the writer, but that is how I feel.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
You are certainly allowed to feel that way.

I think you built a vision in your head of the quest being something more than it was ever intended to be and are judging it by a standard that's wildly out of step with what someone would reasonably have expected from a memey side quest, but the heart wants what it wants, I suppose.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I rarely go into a quest with low/high exception since that can make the text in it seem better/worse once I actually expirience it. So I do not see where you got that idea from.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
It's currently impossible to proceed with the Livreaa relationship without having kids. it is just an oversight. It is going to get fixed one of these days.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
She should still be able to and has been able to in the past. Ignore the red text and just click on it anyway. If you still can't use it for whatever reason, that's a bug.

Well that's silly that it's still red but okay it's not as much of a problem.

I only saw it in the menu I play with teammates on auto feels more fun to me that way. Which in itself brings up another thing of I don't think teammates use their ultimates in auto? I would like to since we're only limited to five skills on our character anyways see the other teammate's Ultimate option there save for Cait's since that shows up if you die which works out but might be nice to have that there when someone else not you or her is dead, not to use instantly but like queue it up somehow. unless i'm an idiot and i just need to navigate some menus more. Admittedly I don't read the text scrawl too much while fighting mostly look at our hp and statuses and their hp and statuses each turn. So maybe i'm just missing them doing it every time.

I am pretty sure I have seen them use their encounter powers at least though.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Companions can't use Ultimates when computer-controlled because aside from Cait's which has a special triggering condition, there's no good way to keep the computer from blowing them on a random fight instead of saving them for when you need them. They require sleep to recharge and you really don't want to waste them on trash mobs in a dungeon where you don't have the option to sleep before fighting boss-tier enemies. Hence locking them behind manual control.

Floofer

Apr 5, 2018
I feel like the starting races for coc2 need more options, after starting a new playthrough to test out a different build I was feeling underwhelmed by the options and just ended up picking human and speedrunning to wherever the tf item I want is located/dropped. This issue isn't exclusive to coc2 as the exact thing happens in coc1 and tits, but to tackle this problem I could perhaps see some more of the common races of the world being added to give a wee bit of variety, whatever fits the vision of the creators (important race TFs like Kitsune I understand keeping behind large amounts of content and I would hate to see these sort of races be starter ones)

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
Companions can't use Ultimates when computer-controlled because aside from Cait's which has a special triggering condition, there's no good way to keep the computer from blowing them on a random fight instead of saving them for when you need them. They require sleep to recharge and you really don't want to waste them on trash mobs in a dungeon where you don't have the option to sleep before fighting boss-tier enemies. Hence locking them behind manual control.

I had figured as much since it makes sense to not have them do that but yeah I'd like to use them too sometimes which is why i suggested the ability to queue them to do the ultimate from your own skill menu. As it is it's a bummer to just not have your party's ultimates.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I feel like the starting races for coc2 need more options
Starting races are fixed and no more will be added. The game has pc.ora checks for the race you began as and going back and editing in new variations to every check for every new race would add up to a lot of work. Plus, leaving it fixed to a few races allows the writers to make certain useful assumptions about the Champ which impact a lot of the narrative.

Floofer

Apr 5, 2018
Probably a hot take but Quinn's content just feels very lacking to me. Maybe I'm still bitter over Berwyn (rest in peace sweet prince, you had the bad end) but Quinn needs a big expansion to get him as likable as the other party members

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
That is the coldest take in the community. A lot of people have it genuinely out for the bunny boy.

Still, I am interested, what exactly do you not like about him?

Floofer

Apr 5, 2018
That is the coldest take in the community. A lot of people have it genuinely out for the bunny boy.

Still, I am interested, what exactly do you not like about him?
Oh lmao I havent been around in awhile so I didnt know. He just feels like he has no real purpose/borderline inserty. The cult stuff still needs more expanding on and as it stands he doesnt really feel as dynamic as party members like Cait, Brint etc, though that argument could be said about someone Kiyoko, who despite her sheer amount of content doesnt interact with the world too much. I dont know Quinn feels uninteresting at the moment, but if his content is expanded to make him as involved as others maybe I'll like him (it'd be hard to beat Berwyn, but he's gone so no use complaining)

Status
Not open for further replies.