Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliz

Jun 19, 2019
Oh that's fair re: kitsune stuff, they might wanna add a req that the first event is seen first though before procing that event. As for the winter city, not sure? I was honestly away from winter city for a while, doing
marcher-baron
stuff and khor'minos. Wasn't trying to avoid the palace, but honestly, I just didn't have much of a reason to go there for a while. Lots of content in the game to keep me busy floofs

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I mean, for those who like femdom there are quite a few dommy futas out there, and IG they want Brint/Brienne's family to be mainly femsub.
I meant for those that like their women dominant but without a penis sticking out. The only (non combat) ones I can think of are Kitsune twins, Agni (tho I feel that is stretching it) and femKeros.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I think the gargoyle chick who runs the caravan is quite dominant unless you play with her butt, and her catfolk friend can be sucked off (strapon).

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Can I have a gripe about how high ground was just a sex filled revenge of the sith. And I liked that.

Appledapple

Nov 8, 2020
I meant for those that like their women dominant but without a penis sticking out. The only (non combat) ones I can think of are Kitsune twins, Agni (tho I feel that is stretching it) and femKeros.
I'll second this, but I believe it has a lot of to with that both in CoC, TiTs and CoC 2 there is sort of a trend that to be a dom you have to be the one with a dick that fucks.

I am also someone who likes female doms but it is kinda weird how most of the domme's / "alphas" are almost exclusivly herms or a "stud" so it's pretty much only someone with a penis that can be dominant overall. There are some exceptions but I'd say overall about 90-95% of the dom content involves someone using a penis to fuck someone. Rail the ass, facefuck, breeding etc so all the games are kind of a bunch of sausage fests.

Now I do know that "boning" someone can be seen as a dominating act but at the same time it feels a little repetetive when all the doms just go bend over so I can put my penis in your ass/vagina!

There are some characters that I think does it well in whatever scene their in like Anyxine in TiTs does a great job being a dom wether she's fucking or getting fucked (she is a herm though but probably one of my favorite characters on there even though her content isn't all that much right now but her scenes are overall great).

CoC 2 of course also has some good, though I can't name one from the top of my head since I just picked it up again after months of not playing. But overall I'd say it would be nice to see some more characters without a penis, but maybe thats just me.

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth
i wouldn't really say i have "gripes" with coc 2.
perhaps some small ones that may just be entirely because i missed something.

so, i've been maining my male lupine werewolf beastboy and pretty much exhausted all douchebag content, hell i think Kas is even slightly dissapointed in me (despite we've had sex at every chance we had) but my reply when facing mallach with her was well, she didn't really appreciate it i guess heh. Fine by me, did roleplay a character that ultimately didn't care about anyone but himself merely using kas as a source of "power"

anyway! back on track, i noticed that the elves have alot of content, i got especially happy when the scene with hethia appeared, oh man i felt good when my 100% corrupt demon lover wolfboy got in a heated argument with her, hell i half expected a fight to erupt, much to my dissapointmen my evil fecker promised ryn to "behave" sadly. Especially seeing as Ryn's my bottombitch. Hah. Dont mistake me, i was not actually dissapointed, i liked the entire scene (and the hate sex i had with hethia afterwards)

but it got me thinking, what if had a elven character?

so i created a new character, and "rushed" the first encounter you get with hethia in the old forest, hoping for some new content based on being a wyld elf, i even picked born in the wild start to further cement that i was indeed an actual wyld elf.

Anyway, i first noticed my conversation with Garth was unchanged. My character asked some rather "stupid" questions that i felt an elf should know.
Such as the fact Garth had to educate me on differences between pale elves and wyld elves.
i think i had hoped my character would know that much.

i ventured forth and went alone to talk with hethia, and became a tiny bit sad, as she had nothing to say about me being an elf whatsoever, even treating me like i was a human/lupine/feline/orc

further educating me about my lack of knowledge of elves, and especially wyld elves. :(

i think i had hoped for something similar to if you bring Ryn, just with your character ofcourse.

i think ill end it there, because i feel like im being to "hard" on the writers, i love your works and content. And cant wait to see what the future brings for my wolfboy. My elf will probably be forgotten.

i think my gripe is that nobody recognizes my character as an actual elf. Im still and outsider in Daliza's eyes and ryn doesn't seem to realize it either.
i should have made a "half-sex" elf, because i know there are quiet alot of stuff related to that with ryn, guess ill give that a try.

hashat likes me though :)

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You do realize that the wyld evles and boer'alvar are entirely different races, right? You're being treated as an outsider because you are one. The game does in fact have places that account for a Champ starting as a wyld elf already knowing things about them (such as during Ryn's Her People talk, where the existence of the half-sexed gets a 'You already know that but want to keep her talking' nod) so it's not as if the game doesn't account for it. As far as differences go, the boer'alvar have been isolated from the rest of the world for centuries so nobody alive before the Champ (save a couple immortal characters) has ever met one.

The early-game discussions of the different races and the gods are mostly there for the benefit of the player, especially the latter since there's no way for the game to know how you imagine your Champ's character outside the vague contours of your chosen Background. Odds are that most Champs should know all about the Seven and probably have one that they're more dedicated to, but the game has no way of knowing that and it's easier to just let Sanders talk about all of them. Ditto the discussions of local races, mostly being there to clue in the player who's new to the setting. I'm sure that if someone volunteered to go back through all the really early writing and spruce it up with pc.ora checks, the devs would allow it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth
You do realize that the wyld evles and boer'alvar are entirely different races, right? You're being treated as an outsider because you are one. The game does in fact have places that account for a Champ starting as a wyld elf already knowing things about them (such as during Ryn's Her People talk, where the existence of the half-sexed gets a 'You already know that but want to keep her talking' nod) so it's not as if the game doesn't account for it. As far as differences go, the boer'alvar have been isolated from the rest of the world for centuries so nobody alive before the Champ (save a couple immortal characters) has ever met one.

The early-game discussions of the different races and the gods are mostly there for the benefit of the player, especially the latter since there's no way for the game to know how you imagine your Champ's character outside the vague contours of your chosen Background. Odds are that most Champs should know all about the Seven and probably have one that they're more dedicated to, but the game has no way of knowing that and it's easier to just let Sanders talk about all of them. Ditto the discussions of local races, mostly being there to clue in the player who's new to the setting. I'm sure that if someone volunteered to go back through all the really early writing and spruce it up with pc.ora checks, the devs would allow it but I wouldn't hold my breath.
no i didn't realize hence my stupid question :p

i had been maining a wolfboy that didn't much care for talking so i did miss out on alot off stuff, i knew that pale elves and wyld elves weren't the same. But i had honestly expected to be greeted somewhat different by hethia, seeing as my character is a wyld elf.

haven't met Ryn yet on my new elf character, like i said i rushed the hethia meeting.

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
I assume the devs had a good reason for removing it, but I just wanna point out that the parley between Etheryn and Hethia in Dog Days was THE dialogue that got me invested in CoC2's story and Etheryn. It just felt like it gave the world of the elves so much depth. I hadnt been reading the dialogue up to that point a whole lot but I was glued once they had that parley. Just wanted to say that.

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth
I assume the devs had a good reason for removing it, but I just wanna point out that the parley between Etheryn and Hethia in Dog Days was THE dialogue that got me invested in CoC2's story and Etheryn. It just felt like it gave the world of the elves so much depth. I hadnt been reading the dialogue up to that point a whole lot but I was glued once they had that parley. Just wanted to say that.

is it only the backers build its been removed in? cus i thought i had the latest public build and i can still take Ryn with me to negotiate with Hethia.

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
is it only the backers build its been removed in? cus i thought i had the latest public build and i can still take Ryn with me to negotiate with Hethia.
Yeah i think so.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The change to Dog Days hasn't happened yet, but it's coming. The main rationale for the change is that so much stuff is gated behind Dog Days that turning it into a main quest made sense. There are at least four quests gated behind completing it (Shades of the Past, Oh Father..., the resolution of Winter Wolf and from that, High Ground) along with all of Garret's incidental content, so requiring that quest ensures that you can't miss out on any of that.

Gating the Wayfort behind finishing Dog Days removes the ability to resolve the sequence with Ryn but on the other hand most players aren't likely to see that to begin with since the quest can be easily done before recruiting her, and it removes Hethia's really problematic conversation with her, which is a mess of early writing before Ryn was fully developed as a character and before some important boer'alvar lore was nailed down. Easier to remove the whole thing than to rewrite the entire exchange.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah it was admittiedly weird you needed to go and beat the wayfort and meet ryn then go back and use her to parley, I think its going to be a cunning check or committing a dwarfs favorite passtime, pissing off elfs.

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
Well, I don't want to be the "change bad" guy, but here are my feelings about it.
For me, I didnt really care about the dog people from the start (now i do because i started reading at some point), so I just kind of ignored dog days. Went up, got Etheryn, did a bunch of stuff, eventually did Dog Days as I think I realized I needed it to go to the winter castle. When i finally did Dog Days, and Etheryn shyly yet boldly attempted to parley hethia, it felt like such a NATURAL way of showing her journey in gaining confidence! Hethia's refusal to acknowledge her due to prejudice was scathing, but Etheryn dealt with it like a champ. I really connected to her in that moment, and thanks to that interaction, when you later do invade winter city alongside Hethia, and she acknowledges Etheryn as "Princess", that hit me. Etheryn is easily my favorite character since, (helps that I also naturally triggered the winter festivus almost immediately after taking back the city, as well...)
So yeah, I know my experience wasnt everyone's, but it seems sad to me to take away the option to have that experience.

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth
well as long as my douchebag characters can have a heated very hostile argument with hethia in the court when she sees me again after i beat her, i dont mind the change.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Well, I don't want to be the "change bad" guy, but here are my feelings about it.
For me, I didnt really care about the dog people from the start (now i do because i started reading at some point), so I just kind of ignored dog days. Went up, got Etheryn, did a bunch of stuff, eventually did Dog Days as I think I realized I needed it to go to the winter castle. When i finally did Dog Days, and Etheryn shyly yet boldly attempted to parley hethia, it felt like such a NATURAL way of showing her journey in gaining confidence! Hethia's refusal to acknowledge her due to prejudice was scathing, but Etheryn dealt with it like a champ. I really connected to her in that moment, and thanks to that interaction, when you later do invade winter city alongside Hethia, and she acknowledges Etheryn as "Princess", that hit me. Etheryn is easily my favorite character since, (helps that I also naturally triggered the winter festivus almost immediately after taking back the city, as well...)
So yeah, I know my experience wasnt everyone's, but it seems sad to me to take away the option to have that experience.
The issue with THe original fog days was it was writtn before they fleshed out Ryns characters, and holy fucking shit has a single god damn sentence in that quest caused a lot of problems.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
My gripe is Garrett being a man.. I would like a female futa character similar to him, that is dominate and Lupine. And no Arona doesn't count. So really my gripe is there are no futa Lupines.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Well considering the fact they just introduced corrupted lupines, you may get your wish, maybe.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
The change to Dog Days hasn't happened yet, but it's coming. The main rationale for the change is that so much stuff is gated behind Dog Days that turning it into a main quest made sense. There are at least four quests gated behind completing it (Shades of the Past, Oh Father..., the resolution of Winter Wolf and from that, High Ground) along with all of Garret's incidental content, so requiring that quest ensures that you can't miss out on any of that.
I get this rationale, but it's still a shame to remove it given it's one of my favourite moments for Etheryn's character arc too.
Gating the Wayfort behind finishing Dog Days removes the ability to resolve the sequence with Ryn but on the other hand most players aren't likely to see that to begin with since the quest can be easily done before recruiting her, and it removes Hethia's really problematic conversation with her, which is a mess of early writing before Ryn was fully developed as a character and before some important boer'alvar lore was nailed down. Easier to remove the whole thing than to rewrite the entire exchange.
You mean the bit where she misgenders Etheryn? That was pretty rough, but didn't feel unexpected given how much trans people get mocked, belittled and scorned in real life these days.
My gripe is Garrett being a man.. I would like a female futa character similar to him, that is dominate and Lupine. And no Arona doesn't count. So really my gripe is there are no futa Lupines.
The lack of futa Lupines is a bit surprising, given the writers' obvious love of dominant women with cocks. ahem Evelyn, Arona, Kasyrra, Orlaith, Lyla, Amara, etc. Granted, some of them also have switchy/sub content but, still.

Last edited:
Reactions: pinkcaitgang

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
You mean the bit where she misgenders Etheryn? That was pretty rough, but didn't feel unexpected given how much trans people get mocked, belittled and scorned in real life these days. See also,
Yeah, exactly! I don't know what wery is referring to with "caused a lot of problems", but I felt that, given the conclusion to the story, that was net positive representation. Maybe that's not the problems they were referring to tho

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I get this rationale, but it's still a shame to remove it given it's one of my favourite moments for Etheryn's character arc too.
Don't get me wrong, I love high-Con Ryn's parley scene too but the rest of the content had so many issues that I can see why removing it entirely was easier than having to rewrite that part of the quest.
You mean the bit where she misgenders Etheryn? That was pretty rough, but didn't feel unexpected given how much trans people get mocked, belittled and scorned in real life these days.
Yeah, the thing is that it makes no sense in-universe because at no other point is it suggested that elves of any stripe are prejudiced against those born intersex, which is a significant chunk of the population. It gets even worse when you do Specter of the Wyld and learn that not only was one of Ryn's maternal grandmothers half-sexed but the druids consider Synneva to be a martyr.

Basically, the whole sequence just doesn't fit with anything that was later established about boer'alvar culture and history and it exists because it was written before a lot of things were finalized.
The lack of futa Lupines is a bit surprising, given the writers' obvious love of dominant women with cocks. ahem Evelyn, Arona, Kasyrra, Orlaith, Lyla, Amara, etc. Granted, some of them also have switchy/sub content but, still.
Less surprising when you consider that Savin, who loves dommy ladies with big dicks, isn't into furries. In general the preferences of the writers and fans of the game seem to be towards 'more humanoid'.

We do have Anna and Morwen who are half-lupine with doggy dicks, but also no vaginas.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah, exactly! I don't know what wery is referring to with "caused a lot of problems", but I felt that, given the conclusion to the story, that was net positive representation. Maybe that's not the problems they were referring to tho
People using it as a jusification to call Ryn "he", when it was Heithia just being a bitch.

Reactions: Emerald

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Don't get me wrong, I love high-Con Ryn's parley scene too but the rest of the content had so many issues that I can see why removing it entirely was easier than having to rewrite that part of the quest.
Maybe. Guess adding stuff in out of order made it harder to keep a straight line of A leads to B leads to C, D, E, F and G event-wise.
Yeah, the thing is that it makes no sense in-universe because at no other point is it suggested that elves of any stripe are prejudiced against those born intersex, which is a significant chunk of the population. It gets even worse when you do Specter of the Wyld and learn that not only was one of Ryn's maternal grandmothers half-sexed but the druids consider Synneva to be a martyr.

Basically, the whole sequence just doesn't fit with anything that was later established about boer'alvar culture and history and it exists because it was written before a lot of things were finalized.
Reminds me of past debates of whether Etheryn should have the option to get a vagina. And that dream that snuck in where she has a vagina and champ eats her out.
Less surprising when you consider that Savin, who loves dommy ladies with big dicks, isn't into furries. In general the preferences of the writers and fans of the game seem to be towards 'more humanoid'.

We do have Anna and Morwen who are half-lupine with doggy dicks, but also no vaginas.
I mean, I knew Savin had a preference for nekomimi types, but I figured at least someone would write an NPC or enemy Lupine futa with a domme bent just by law of averages.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I like that idea. I mean, if futas as imagined in CoC, TiTS and associates existed, it follows that they would have a broad range of sexual tastes just like ordinary men and women.

Status
Not open for further replies.