What content would you like added?

Lone Wolf115

There's one NPC I'd like to know more about. I mean, where the heck did she come from and how did she get that wound that took her voice.

And another thing, could she not take a piece of charcoal, a stone slate and write to explain concepts that are too complicated to mime?
Oh definitely, she seems attached to that cabin old home most likely.

She probably doesn't have those things.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
o_O

I'm failing hard to detect sarcasm in your post, or I have failed to convey how I envision that system working. Because all abilities in CoC2 are represented by Powers and you get one Power free for every even level, the rest you have to spend money and in-game time on getting from tutors. Which is exactly how I suggested the player can learn the racial Powers after transformation.
Nope, no sarcasm. You just weren't clear on how you wanted this to play out. Yes, in-game time speeds by when training/re-training skills, but you also specifically mentioned having to spend money and resources as a potential way to gain new abilities, both of which take actual time to collect, not just in-game time.

Technically CoC2 requires the champ to go through training which uses money and a day of in-game time for acquiring most powers if you don't acquire them through a level up, mirror stance, or some other method. Also, Zo provides 7 different powers (I think they're all powers) and the Champ needs to go through a multi-day training process for each one. I don't think anyone hates these, here in CoC2.
See above. I'm not adverse to in-game time being the only thing spent, but imagine a GM talking for two hours describing your PC's training regimen when, say, learning a new spell.

Fuck that.

EDIT: Also, I'm not above a PC having to spend a bit of money in order to learn/respec high level spells/skills/abilities outside of those learned via level-up because generally, the players that want to do that are high level enough they can naturally afford to pay the money required by that point. What we're talking about here is players that want TFs with correlating special abilities/powers, and those almost always come early in the game.

Last edited:

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Needing to find a trainer and spend an amount of money and time comparable to that you would spend learning class powers is just one possibility, specifically brought up to show that you can completely avoid upsetting the game balance and making those racial Powers too appealing from the min-maxing perspective.

I'd personally much prefer avoiding to pay for the procees of learning them, because you already need to pay for the TF itmes, find a friendly member of that exact (or similar enough) race and convince them to train you. Getting to learn some low-impact Powers fro free after all that will just be a roleplaying reward more than anything else.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Needing to find a trainer and spend an amount of money and time comparable to that you would spend learning class powers is just one possibility, specifically brought up to show that you can completely avoid upsetting the game balance and making those racial Powers too appealing from the min-maxing perspective.
Well, it didn't work. Your argument has turned into an ouroboros. You started off by arguing for free TF-given abilities and has mutated into players spending money and time to "purchase" them, then come full circle by stating that certain powers be made available and freely available to everyone.

I'd personally much prefer avoiding to pay for the procees of learning them, because you already need to pay for the TF itmes, find a friendly member of that exact (or similar enough) race and convince them to train you. Getting to learn some low-impact Powers fro free after all that will just be a roleplaying reward more than anything else.
What you fail to realize is 1) what I've already argued, 2) what has repeatedly been stated by the devs in NUMEROUS threads over the past few YEARS, and 3) the lack of people to write this shit.

It's a dead topic. Quit kicking it, you bully.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Well, it didn't work. Your argument has turned into an ouroboros. You started off by arguing for free TF-given abilities and has mutated into players spending money and time to "purchase" them, then come full circle by stating that certain powers be made available and freely available to everyone.
(This will upset the game's balance and be a bad design) Only if those abilities don't have direct analogues that aren't tied to the transformation. You can level the playing field even further by requiring the transformed Champ to spend time and money/other resources on learning to properly utilize their new abilities.
In my mind, an alternative system of acquiring those abilities - TF, then trainer's quest, then free lessons - would be fair and balanced. However I recognize that the devs might disagree and that's why I mentioned that even after fully converting this alternative system into a copy of the class trainer system with extra steps, ensuring that it won't skew the players' incentives, it will still have value. Namely providing meaningful sidegrades to currently available Powers, more flavourful options for the roleplayers (or people loving the particular race very much) and the trainer quests themselves.

What you fail to realize is 1) what I've already argued, 2) what has repeatedly been stated by the devs in NUMEROUS threads over the past few YEARS, and 3) the lack of people to write this shit.

It's a dead topic. Quit kicking it, you bully.
1) See above.
2) I haven't seen or been pointed in the direction of those threads, so eh?
3) I have bits and pieces of Zhara and Shar scenes for flight lessons right here on my laptop and ideas for who can be hornet and Effigy trainers. That's how this idea got stuck in my head, I will gladly commission other missing bits and pieces needed if the whole shabang is ever greenlit - which I'm aware is very unlikely. I also don't think I'm the only rando interested in this thing, even if all the usual writers aren't.

Not kicking nobody here, chief. If anything, I'm gently massaging the topic's (and devs') balls and gauging the reaction.

Reactions: LonelyHydra

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Always can count on you for links, Wolf. Still, I don't see any harm in disagreeing with Savin and laying out the details of how and why, IMHO, a system like that can work without upsetting the game balance. Especially in a thread dedicated to people laying out their hopes and dreams of content and occasionally having those hopes and dreams crushed by the devs. :p

Moving on to another topic: I'd love to eventually have more Shar and Zhara content in general, and to finally have a proper chat with their mom.

LonelyHydra

Apr 26, 2020
And I was just thinking how funny it'd be to replace CoC2 with a remake of CoC1 for April Fool's.

I have bits and pieces of Zhara and Shar scenes for flight lessons right here on my laptop and ideas for who can be hornet and Effigy trainers. That's how this idea got stuck in my head, I will gladly commission other missing bits and pieces needed if the whole shabang is ever greenlit - which I'm aware is very unlikely. I also don't think I'm the only rando interested in this thing, even if all the usual writers aren't.

Not kicking nobody here, chief. If anything, I'm gently massaging the topic's (and devs') balls and gauging the reaction.
My piece of wisdom: Go ahead and finish those up. Even if they can't accept them, it'd be good writing practice.

My own ideas may be more ambitious (and weird), but you'll be ahead of me, and a lot of other people, if you manage yourself to finish.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Moving on to another topic: I'd love to eventually have more Shar and Zhara content in general, and to finally have a proper chat with their mom.
That might come if/when Windy Peaks makes it into the game. From what Gweyr says, it looks like that would be the place where the Matron would be located, IIRC.

More content for Shar and Zhara would be quite welcome in my part. Though I think that's more probable for Shar than Zhara.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, the Peaks (beyond the Steps of Sorra in Undermountain) are where you'll find future Harpy-centric content -- though Shar and Zhara have some stuff they gotta do before that progresses anyway.

Lone Wolf115

That might come if/when Windy Peaks makes it into the game. From what Gweyr says, it looks like that would be the place where the Matron would be located, IIRC.
Whoa whoa I want to read everything Gweyr says you may not think it or anyone else but spoiler come on. Not all of us are backers.

Why would Windy Peaks not be there you can find the entrance in the Undermountain but like the Mino City it's not done yet. I do hope for Waystones for both areas running through the Hostile zone between the gate and both the city and the peaks would be tedious and constantly running into the enemies would be annoying.

Reactions: Irmo and Burnerbro

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Whoa whoa I want to read everything Gweyr says you may not think it or anyone else but spoiler come on. Not all of us are backers.

Why would Windy Peaks not be there you can find the entrance in the Undermountain but like the Mino City it's not done yet. I do hope for Waystones for both areas running through the Hostile zone between the gate and both the city and the peaks would be tedious and constantly running into the enemies would be annoying.
Darn, forgot to spoiler tag that part. Sorry.

Well, following the logic that Foothills has a waystone statue, probably because of all the stuff you can do at the orc camp, if there will be a lot of content at the peaks, it would stand to reason that it'd get fast travel point.

Yeah, the Peaks (beyond the Steps of Sorra in Undermountain) are where you'll find future Harpy-centric content -- though Shar and Zhara have some stuff they gotta do before that progresses anyway.
I wonder what sort of BLEEP would go down if the Matron managed to get turned into a demon. Oof.
Would certainly make things more...complicated.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf115

Just incase anyone thought I was overreacting well that's you but I thought everyone was overreacting to the ME3 ending.
I wonder what sort of BLEEP would go down if the Matron managed to get turned into a demon. Oof.

Also @mikethor007 you double posted. Just edit the post before that one.

GabCab

Jun 12, 2021
Could we get more armor options? Ik we got special armors and stuff but tbh there aren't many to choose from

Also would love for there to be a dedicated multiclass option, like if you were to have Warrior Training and White Mage training, you become a Paladin or a White Knight, likewise if you do the opposite with Black Mage you become a Black Knight. Idk just something to think about if we ever get higher level ups and more abilities

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021

The harpies would get horns and nothing else would change. They're already acting like demon cultists, so it wouldn't be a big change.

You can already do that by giving a Warrior relevant White Mage powers.

But a stat must be sacrificed if done so.

ballin.jpg

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
The harpies would get horns and nothing else would change. They're already acting like demon cultists, so it wouldn't be a big change.
Harpies we meet are savage and fuck-hungry, seemingly as a result of being forsaken by Sorra. At the same time, Shar manages to establish some sort of connection and the rest aren't worse in their barbaric customs then untainted versions of centaur or marefolk tribes and don't seem like they will naturally ally with Kas. So if the Big Booty Birb turns and then corrupts all her daughters. it will be bad news for everyone in the region.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
it will be bad news for everyone in the region.

I think you're giving the harpies a little too much credit. And I can't blame Sorra for forsaking them. Nobody likes harpies, not even their god. Except Shar. As we all know, Shar is cool.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
I still think that their current tendencies would be cranked up to 11. Plus they would turn into a vector for spreading corruption.

I find it chilling if there's a possibility of Zhara getting corrupted, as I sired a couple of kids with her. Don't know what a demon version of her would do to the kids. Mileage may vary of course, a ton of players probably will not have kids with her ever.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Imagine how annoying a horde of malicious birds can be? Hawkthorne's streets will run white, and not in a sexy way.

On a more serious note, if effigies and hornets were a decent threat to the town and its people, harpies will be too, especially with their innate abilities buffed by corruption. Plus even without Champion sired kids being in the picture, I'd like to keep harpies from harm or help them, for Shar and Zhara's sake if nothing else.

Lone Wolf115

Imagine how annoying a horde of malicious birds can be? Hawkthorne's streets will run white, and not in a sexy way.

On a more serious note, if effigies and hornets were a decent threat to the town and its people, harpies will be too, especially with their innate abilities buffed by corruption. Plus even without Champion sired kids being in the picture, I'd like to keep harpies from harm or help them, for Shar and Zhara's sake if nothing else.
Just gotta stomp a mudhole in someone's ass we all know who that is. Kas the source, not being mean to her I have a character for her just one to go the Corruption route. I'm saying to curb the corruption just catch up to her.
Also bang her into the sheets and give her the kids she wants.
Are the "daughters" that Kas brings from Mareth the same as Kiha? The angry dragoness from the first one is she one of them?

Reactions: Burnerbro

Lone Wolf115

Thanks for the confirmation, does the wiki tell if Kiha still has her soul? I believe she does because she's just angry about what happened and she gives birth to regular lizans not imps? Did I just answer my own question?