What content would you like added?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I still think that their current tendencies would be cranked up to 11. Plus they would turn into a vector for spreading corruption.

They attack and fuck everything that moves. Being corrupted or demonified would just broadcast it to anyone who hasn't had the displeasure of meeting them. They are a prime example of quantity over quality.

Imagine how annoying a horde of malicious birds can be? Hawkthorne's streets will run white, and not in a sexy way.

On a more serious note, if effigies and hornets were a decent threat to the town and its people, harpies will be too, especially with their innate abilities buffed by corruption. Plus even without Champion sired kids being in the picture, I'd like to keep harpies from harm or help them, for Shar and Zhara's sake if nothing else.

I'm not disputing that they'd be less or equally annoying or that they couldn't spread corruption. I'm saying the minor threat they pose would just become a different type of minor threat. And everything threatens Hawkethorne. They clearly don't have a well-trained or well-equipped militia. But those effigies were just walking 1-ply tissue paper and the hornets outside of Azzy and the ones in the hive weren't that strong. Azzyran and the royal hornet family are outliers of strength. If Hawkthorne had a properly trained militia with proper equipment, then only the orcs, centaurs, and cultists would pose an immediate threat. Maybe Gweyr coming back can fix that, at least on the training front. And I'm in favor of giving the mercs a taste of their own medicine, steal their stuff, and run them off. That'd fix both problems. That said, helping them not get corrupted for Shar's sake and any potential kids is a good reason. Maybe not Zhara. She's just as bad as the other harpies.

TL;DR Harpies suck and are weak and corruption won't change that and we should help Sorra get rid of them so she can get better followers by attaching wings to things that shouldn't have wings. Flying pigs when?

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I wonder what sort of BLEEP would go down if the Matron managed to get turned into a demon. Oof.
That'd probably be quite terrible. Can you imagine the volume of imps/day she'd pump out?

Harpies we meet are savage and fuck-hungry, seemingly as a result of being forsaken by Sorra.
Implying this isn't the default state of harpies.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
That'd probably be quite terrible. Can you imagine the volume of imps/day she'd pump out?
Oohhhh boy, have to prepare myself for that to happen. The little shits are troublesome enough in the Undermountain....

EDIT: Quite like the breeding factory that must be somewhere under there...For the ammount of imps that show up in that one encounter. Hope we get a chance to put the kibosh on that and make a sizeable dent in the "imp production pipeline".

Last edited:

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
With all the new tfs being added it sure would be nice to get an option to not pick up every single thing you find on the ground. Not everyone is into tfs and they only serve to clutter the inventory and get sold for pennies if you didn't bother to toss them out when you got the "drop an item to pick this up" screen for the nth time.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
With all the new tfs being added it sure would be nice to get an option to not pick up every single thing you find on the ground. Not everyone is into tfs and they only serve to clutter the inventory and get sold for pennies if you didn't bother to toss them out when you got the "drop an item to pick this up" screen for the nth time.
Strangely enough picking up some of the items is indeed optional. It'd be a question of extending that treatment to all of them.

Don't know how much of a bother it would be to put it into code though...

WhoAmI

Oct 14, 2017
Reagents have their own separate container. Why not do the same for transformation items, too?

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Wait isn't Kiha in CoC1? Or are we talking about another NPC in CoC2?
When does the harpy mention her name in the game, or does she not? The harpy leader..

Lone Wolf115

Wait isn't Kiha in CoC1? Or are we talking about another NPC in CoC2?
When does the harpy mention her name in the game, or does she not? The harpy leader..
Yes CoC1.
No she doesn't but it's on the wiki the harpy wingleader not the matron.

Reactions: Burnerbro

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
She is the same as CoC1, Kiha is one of the daughters who escaped from the demons and therefore does not cross the portal to Savarra along with the others.
Damn I didn't know that. The way Kiha acted towards our champions at the very start of their interactions and demons in general I'm quite surprised by that. And the fact she can have real babies and not Imps like her mother (though I read that on wiki, haven't gotten the chance to try knocking her up with my herms). Do you think Kiha would make an appearance in CoC2? I mean it's not impossible, seeing as Kas and whathername came through.

Lone Wolf115

Damn I didn't know that. The way Kiha acted towards our champions at the very start of their interactions and demons in general I'm quite surprised by that. And the fact she can have real babies and not Imps like her mother (though I read that on wiki, haven't gotten the chance to try knocking her up with my herms). Do you think Kiha would make an appearance in CoC2? I mean it's not impossible, seeing as Kas and whathername came through.
Not likely she's most likely to be with the champ, I found it odd that the Champion isn't able to build a cabin in the original without mods, but we are all of track.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Do you think Kiha would make an appearance in CoC2? I mean it's not impossible, seeing as Kas and whathername came through.
Savin and Tobs have both mentioned that we aren't going to see any other characters crossing over (save Taoth), the closest we'll probably ever get is the Bad End in the Palace of Ice where you can get kicked through a portal to Mareth and end up in one of several places.

So yeah, no direct appearance by Kiha in CoC2, though it's possible Aileh or Kas could indirectly mention her at some point.

Lone Wolf115

Savin and Tobs have both mentioned that we aren't going to see any other characters crossing over (save Taoth), the closest we'll probably ever get is the Bad End in the Palace of Ice where you can get kicked through a portal to Mareth and end up in one of several places.

So yeah, no direct appearance by Kiha in CoC2, though it's possible Aileh or Kas could indirectly mention her at some point.
What Taoth why shouldn't he be fighting the demons again even them being fractured one of them could get stronger than the rest and reunite them?
She'll be mentioned as the one that got away.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
What Taoth why shouldn't he be fighting the demons again even them being fractured one of them could get stronger than the rest and reunite them?
She'll be mentioned as the one that got away.
Taoth is the one behind Raphael and his cohorts. Or at least the names of those enemies seem to imply that. All of them are "Taothian" something.

I wonder how he will be handled though. He's a divinity. An uninvited one that is causing problems. Keros? The champion?

Kiyoko absorbing Taoth as it was said to be planned at some point would be ... awkward as hell.

Lone Wolf115

Taoth is the one behind Raphael and his cohorts. Or at least the names of those enemies seem to imply that. All of them are "Taothian" something.

I wonder how he will be handled though. He's a divinity. An uninvited one that is causing problems. Keros? The champion?

Kiyoko absorbing Taoth as it was said to be planned at some point would be ... awkward as hell.
Well I'll take care of him he's attacking my family so Keros will have to respect that and back up if he is there by choice well I'll teach him the only way that everyone else learns a nice swift ass kicking.

My slut-sune if that will happen then I'll make sure that she doesn't let the power get to her head.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I want to have access to the Powers menu disabled if the only power which you are currently able to use is your at-will. It's small, but it'd just remove the annoyance of entering the powers menu at the start of every turn, saying "Oh right, everything is on cooldown," and backing out to do a basic attack.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
My slut-sune if that will happen then I'll make sure that she doesn't let the power get to her head.
I have no idea how a divine kiyoko would be handled. Divinities generally don't concern themselves with the material plane unless it's something REALLY bad. Would she keep showing up at the family home? Still have kids? Get in the champion's party? Admittedly, Keros did that with Chizuru and company, but was there a family life at all, or did he just sire the kids and poof! disappear?

And why pass that kind of power to Kiyoko when the one that needs it the most seems to be the champion? He/she needs that kind of powerup to be able to go against Kas, a 20 level demon against a level 10 (at most) champion. There's a pretty big disparity in power there.

Lone Wolf115

I have no idea how a divine kiyoko would be handled. Divinities generally don't concern themselves with the material plane unless it's something REALLY bad. Would she keep showing up at the family home? Still have kids? Get in the champion's party? Admittedly, Keros did that with Chizuru and company, but was there a family life at all, or did he just sire the kids and poof! disappear?

And why pass that kind of power to Kiyoko when the one that needs it the most seems to be the champion? He/she needs that kind of powerup to be able to go against Kas, a 20 level demon against a level 10 (at most) champion. There's a pretty big disparity in power there.
She's smart she wouldn't up and leave her family.
The Champion is just a badass plenty of badasses have defeated an enemy stronger than them. Somethings shouldn't be questioned. ;) :cool: :catte: :smuggo:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Seeing how Kinuquest is gated behind multiple levels of completely optional content, there's absolutely no chance that if that concept is still slated to happen in some form, it would be used to explain how the Champion is able to go toe to toe with Kas. Winning against someone who's stronger than you is, like, Heroics 101.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Seeing how Kinuquest is gated behind multiple levels of completely optional content, there's absolutely no chance that if that concept is still slated to happen in some form, it would be used to explain how the Champion is able to go toe to toe with Kas. Winning against someone who's stronger than you is, like, Heroics 101.
Well, something will have to happen so he/she doesn't get squicked by crits of over 100 damage. Perhaps the balancing of level 10 will ensure that. :iiam:

Jul 13, 2021
I just realized something: If everyone in Savarra (or Mareth) were all turned into demons, wouldn't they eventually die out? Demons are only capable of giving birth to imps, who if you didn't realize are all male. No females means no reproduction. No reproduction means no successors and what follows is extinction. There's also the question of a demon's lifespan. The obvious answer would be to say that they're immortal, but when you take into account that CoC's version of demons are VERY different from general demons portrayed by pop culture, the answer starts to get a bit convoluted. And even if they are immortal, they aren't unkillable, and accidents do still happen, as demons are anything but perfect. All in all, the demons -if my hypothesis is correct- are fucked by simply existing, and not in the good way.

Lone Wolf115

I just realized something: If everyone in Savarra (or Mareth) were all turned into demons, wouldn't they eventually die out? Demons are only capable of giving birth to imps, who if you didn't realize are all male. No females means no reproduction. No reproduction means no successors and what follows is extinction. There's also the question of a demon's lifespan. The obvious answer would be to say that they're immortal, but when you take into account that CoC's version of demons are VERY different from general demons portrayed by pop culture, the answer starts to get a bit convoluted. And even if they are immortal, they aren't unkillable, and accidents do still happen, as demons are anything but perfect. All in all, the demons -if my hypothesis is correct- are fucked by simply existing, and not in the good way.
That's what Kas wants to fix so imps will be a distant memory.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
The obvious answer would be to say that they're immortal, but when you take into account that CoC's version of demons are VERY different from general demons portrayed by pop culture, the answer starts to get a bit convoluted.
CoC demons seem to often be very capable of transformations, pretty much automatically, inherently changing shape to their ideal form when they first become a demon, as implied by what Kas says to Alissa when she first becomes a demon, which was something along the lines of "That's the form you wish to take?" Also, Kas has been around since the time when Demons first appeared, being part of the tribe that transformed themselves into demons in the first place, based on a doc I remember reading. It seems that Demons are at least really long-lived, if not unaging, due to how they seem to take some ideal form normally. Sure, they can be killed, but being stronger and unaging. They seem to be much less capable of dying than normal people.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
There was a bad end in the first CoC where demons could be born. I know bad ends are all of dubious canon. But Kas is a scientist and hates imps, so if anyone could fix that issue and be willing to do so it'd be her. After she's done trying to one up Lethice in the mad conqueror category. As long as Kas doesn't cause the spoopy apocalypse 2, then she has plenty of time to solve that issue. YMMV on whether demons being born is a good thing.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
She probably said that because Alissa didn't grow a massive horse dong at the time.
Alissa was trying to copycat Kas I bet. Like a, "you could be LITERALLY ANYTHING rn and yet you decide to try to be another me? Inferior. Pathetic." sorta thing.