What content would you like added?

Kamidel

Sep 18, 2020
After doing all of Solveig's stuff I realized 2 things I want. 1st Bork babies. and 2nd for after her quest
Garth calling you out for banging all 3 of his kids if you'd already had Garret pups and gotten Gwyn preggers (I know he glares at you for banging Garret and Solveig)

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Now that I think of it, someone worked really hard on Arona's character, I didn't mean to cast down upon that of what you have created. Really love this game btw.

You can praise Savin for that, head of CoC 2. Arona is one of his three companions, Etheryn and Cait are the other two. Originally, the mad man wanted to write 4! The fourth would have been Shar.

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
going back to the kids talk from last page, I wouldn't mind a nursery option where I could... well, NURSE the little buggers. Or at least a breast pump (either at the nursery or maybe the caravan could sell one). It just feels so wasteful that unless I wanna go off to the farm, my champ's only option to milk himself is to masturbate and leave a mess for poor Garth to clean out of the floorboards :p

Although considering he hovers around 90-100 corruption, maybe I shouldn't be feeding the kids that..

Because having one human baby and throwing it nameless into the nursery is not the same scenario as having a bunch of puppies.

Ehh, but is it that different than the rapidly-growing population of nameless baby taeleers I keep dumping on Gwyn? I'm not naming the driders, those were just products of getting owned the first time I met the queen (I wish they would just leave like the hornets, tbh). FWIW I like that the father's race wins, it helps me remember who knocked my champ up lol.

Also I would love to name them, but that's it. I don't need to have elaborate scenes written, it would just be a fun little detail to have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradox01

rafabud

Nov 27, 2019
going back to the kids talk from last page, I wouldn't mind a nursery option where I could... well, NURSE the little buggers. Or at least a breast pump (either at the nursery or maybe the caravan could sell one). It just feels so wasteful that unless I wanna go off to the farm, my champ's only option to milk himself is to masturbate and leave a mess for poor Garth to clean out of the floorboards :p
and while we're in the milk talk...
can we PLEASE get a perma-lactation item? it's so bothersome having to keep a stock of bovum sherry because I just may forget to milk the champ for a few days and the flow stops.

Kamidel

Sep 18, 2020
can we PLEASE get a perma-lactation item? it's so bothersome having to keep a stock of bovum sherry because I just may forget to milk the champ for a few days and the flow stops.

Masturbate breasts always works for me after the first sherry.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Technically the champ can also get milked without masturbation if you still have Brint (but not Brienne). Of course, that does require you to be okay with Brint fucking him, either in the ass or just a titfuck.
That would be nice. Since the milking masturbation automatically puts you to sleep, it's rather annoying to me, and while I like having my champs lactate I often don't because of that.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Perma-lactation is planned content, yes.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
This is a pure pie-in-the-sky wish; I know it won't happen because it would require an insane amount of extra code. But if I was waving a magic wishing wand, I would want the game to be rewritten from the ground up, such that you can equip your purchased Powers not only on the Champion, but also on any of your companions, with certain appropriate restrictions (probably equating each Champion to a unique class or a unique multiclass combo). While Cait and Brint are fine, all the other companions I've recruited have very suboptimal sets of abilities; they basically all have an ability that I basically never want to use (for instance Charm Person is more or less always weaker than Tease as far as I can tell, so nobody ever uses it). Combine that with the very limited utility of buying extra powers for the Champ, when s/he is still limited to four/five total powers, and I really wish it were possible to buy Cleave and throw it on Atugia in place of, say, Echoes of Life. Maybe let Etheryn use Assassinate instead of Summon Harrick, that kind of thing. Like I said, I know it won't happen, but I wish it could.

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
I don't know if anyone already said this but I would like to see gear and perks/powers that are more aimed towards a brawler build.
There are two powers at the moment good for a brawler. Lightning Fist and Bull Rush. Both powers have your character put away their weapon to punch the opponent

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I don't know if anyone already said this but I would like to see gear and perks/powers that are more aimed towards a brawler build.
CoC1 had the spiked gauntlets as a weapon.

They could bring that back and have it gotten from the sharks up north as a mild homage to Izma.

Reactions: Furiae

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Maybe let Etheryn use Assassinate instead of Summon Harrick, that kind of thing.
Just to be sure, you do know that companions have Ultimate skills of their own, right? With a situational exception for Cait they need to be activated with manual control but they all have them, so your suggestion would essentially be adding two Ultimates to a single character. Ryn's own Aurora Arrow is really powerful.

Reactions: Furiae

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
Just to be sure, you do know that companions have Ultimate skills of their own, right? With a situational exception for Cait they need to be activated with manual control but they all have them, so your suggestion would essentially be adding two Ultimates to a single character. Ryn's own Aurora Arrow is really powerful.

You don't get Ultimates until level 5, and they can't be used in every fight (I usually have like 10-20 fights before needing to camp for the day, unless I get ganked by a superboss right after I leave my camp, in which case I just go back to bed right away). The issue isn't whether your Ultimate is good, it's whether your At-Will and your Recharges 1 or 2 are good. And things like Quint's Soothing Dance or Berwyn's Charm Spell are pretty useless, while Etheryn's Frost Arrow is a basically wasted slot since it's just a slight improvement on a regular attack, and Atugia's Bolstering Stance is also of questionable value. (More than anything though, what I want to replace is Cait's encounter power, Spirit Veil, which I don't think I've been tempted to use once since I hit level 2.)

Reactions: Baggrin

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You don't get Ultimates until level 5, and they can't be used in every fight
That's basic game balance.

And things like Quint's Soothing Dance or Berwyn's Charm Spell are pretty useless, while Etheryn's Frost Arrow is a basically wasted slot since it's just a slight improvement on a regular attack
The former two abilities are situationally useful, the one is an amazing counter to Resolve-based DPS fights (or just to restore the stuff generally) and the latter inflicts Resolve damage. That they don't necessarily fit your playstyle doesn't mean they're useless. Frost Arrow can inflict Frigid in addition to doing bonus damage and At-Will powers are kind of designed to be either 'slightly better than a normal attack' or even weaker in damage or accuracy in return for some benefit. Frost Arrow isn't especially better or worse in that respect. It also synergizes very nicely with Brint's Winter Knight set and any ally that can do Crushing damage.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
That's basic game balance.

Right, I have no objection to that; I was simply countering someone else saying "what are you complaining about, ultimates are powerful" by saying "I wasn't talking about ultimates".

The former two abilities are situationally useful, the one is an amazing counter to Resolve-based DPS fights (or just to restore the stuff generally) and the latter inflicts Resolve damage. That they don't necessarily fit your playstyle doesn't mean they're useless.

Well the question is whether the playstyle is actually effective or not. Having Brint go around Cleaving wins basically all fights; having Quintillus damage Resolve wins some of them. It's possible that a party can be effectively built around either character, but if it takes more work to make Quint work, and Brint just automatically works as long as you don't screw up, then the two are not balanced (neverminding that they're not balanced just because you get Brint sooner and without a quest).

Frost Arrow isn't especially better or worse in that respect.

As far as I can tell, it's never worse than Attack. So why doesn't it just replace Attack, and leave an at-will slot free?

Reactions: Baggrin

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Right, I have no objection to that; I was simply countering someone else saying "what are you complaining about, ultimates are powerful" by saying "I wasn't talking about ultimates".
You were talking about Ultimates, because you suggested giving Etheryn two Ultimates. Assassinate is an Ultimate, and it would've been replacing her Ranger Encounter Power, Summon Harrick. Assassinate plus Aurora Arrow is two Ultimates.
Well the question is whether the playstyle is actually effective or not. Having Brint go around Cleaving wins basically all fights; having Quintillus damage Resolve wins some of them. It's possible that a party can be effectively built around either character, but if it takes more work to make Quint work, and Brint just automatically works as long as you don't screw up, then the two are not balanced (neverminding that they're not balanced just because you get Brint sooner and without a quest).
This moves the goalposts, though. You've gone from saying that abilities are "useless" to saying that the characters whose sets include those abilities are not the best and/or simplest option, which is not remotely the same thing.

Quin could use a buff and probably an additional set or two, but "could use a buff" doesn't mean "is useless" and Soothing Dance itself is a perfectly fine move. The bunny boy probably just needs to be brought in line with the other big-time resolve attacker, Bimbo Azyrran, Destroyer of Worlds (who carries teams even harder than the meme cows do).
As far as I can tell, it's never worse than Attack. So why doesn't it just replace Attack, and leave an at-will slot free?
It is if the enemy has frost resist. That's its drawback.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
You were talking about Ultimates, because you suggested giving Etheryn two Ultimates. Assassinate is an Ultimate, and it would've been replacing her Ranger Encounter Power, Summon Harrick. Assassinate plus Aurora Arrow is two Ultimates.

Okay, that's my bad, substitute whatever Encounter power would be comparably useful. Garrote maybe? I'm not too familiar with the Thief powers, since that was the fourth character class I got around to trying out.

This moves the goalposts, though. You've gone from saying that abilities are "useless" to saying that the characters whose sets include those abilities are not the best and/or simplest option, which is not remotely the same thing.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. And don't bother telling me to "git gud", someone already sent that message.

Quin could use a buff and probably an additional set or two, but "could use a buff" doesn't mean "is useless"

Fair enough. Not sure what you mean by "additional set or two", but it sounds like it might be exactly what I'm asking, for all characters (though whatever you added to Cait and Brint would have to be fairly perfunctory, since they're so much stronger than the later companions).

and Soothing Dance itself is a perfectly fine move. The bunny boy probably just needs to be brought in line with the other big-time resolve attacker, Bimbo Azyrran, Destroyer of Worlds (who carries teams even harder than the meme cows do).

Welp, despite meeting Azzy in the first major encounter area, and playing most of the way through the game almost five times at this point (I have a level 5 character, a level 4 character, and I think two 3s and a 2), I've never once managed to recruit Azzy, not even looking up how to. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but no number of hugs and snugglefux are getting her to change her dialog toward me, nor have I seen any way of discussing her with Sanders or vice versa.

It is if the enemy has frost resist. That's its drawback.

It's just +X frost damage on top of the normal attack, though, isn't it? If they resist the extra frost damage, you still get the effect of a normal attack. I thought that was how it worked. Does it turn the entire attack to frost instead? Even if so, though, how many creatures have frost resistance?

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. And don't bother telling me to "git gud", someone already sent that message.
Don't ascribe ascription. What was said was that your argument changed.
Fair enough. Not sure what you mean by "additional set or two", but it sounds like it might be exactly what I'm asking, for all characters (though whatever you added to Cait and Brint would have to be fairly perfunctory, since they're so much stronger than the later companions).
If I recall correctly, every companion will get 3 sets, aside from Cait who I think will be getting 4 as a result of the Witch Gear being unplanned. Sets being the power/equipment sets, which changes their abilities. For example, Cait's Witch Gear set changes her level 3 perk to Arcane Infusion and makes her more support focused, keeping Heal but swapping the other abilities for Eternal Light, Shield of Light, and Mirror Image. Players can swap their companion's sets out while not in combat.
It's just +X frost damage on top of the normal attack, though, isn't it? If they resist the extra frost damage, you still get the effect of a normal attack. I thought that was how it worked. Does it turn the entire attack to frost instead? Even if so, though, how many creatures have frost resistance?
Fairly certain that it is just extra frost damage on top of the base.

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
Well the question is whether the playstyle is actually effective or not. Having Brint go around Cleaving wins basically all fights; having Quintillus damage Resolve wins some of them. It's possible that a party can be effectively built around either character, but if it takes more work to make Quint work, and Brint just automatically works as long as you don't screw up, then the two are not balanced (neverminding that they're not balanced just because you get Brint sooner and without a quest)

Honestly most of my champs have dropped Brint (as husbando as he is, that pheromone handicap..), and Quin is a staple unless I'm going ghost hunting. Maybe I just have higher leadership than you, I dunno, but he practically solos entire dungeons - the centaur village/kitsune den/cultist camp/hive are all insanely easy with Quin, plus with the tougher encounters like the drider queen and the super-buff taeleer girl, hitting resolve is way easier. If he's on manual so he isn't constantly dancing for himself, he's quite useful in many cases.

Also you can literally get almost all his equipment handed to you in the tutorial depending on your class. Only thing remotely pricey is the wizard ring, and the charm usually gets dropped while you're looking for Quin in the first place.

Give the later-addition companions a chance, they're awesome and tbh it's not THAT hard to get to level 5 unless you waste all your razorcup nectar.

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
Quin could use a buff and probably an additional set or two, but "could use a buff" doesn't mean "is useless" and Soothing Dance itself is a perfectly fine move. The bunny boy probably just needs to be brought in line with the other big-time resolve attacker, Bimbo Azyrran, Destroyer of Worlds (who carries teams even harder than the meme cows do).

Those 2 are my "EVERYTHING MUST BE HORNY" team of choice :D I would love for another Quin set though, if nothing else poor boy's gonna freeze to death out in the rift!

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Fairly certain that it is just extra frost damage on top of the base.

To shed some light on the matter:

Frost arrow originally came with the whitewood bow, and was meant to be a reward for toting it around -- it is, after all, slightly more powerful than the basic attack and was supposed to be unique to the weapon. When Ryn came around we gave it to her because it was thematic. When taken out of context as a reward for equipping the bow (and hence fucking Hethia over), it's not a well-designed at-will because it's a straight-up boost to the basic attack. When taken in context of its intent, it does what it's meant to.

From a different viewpoint, you can think of it as Ryn sacrificing her at-will slot to get a bit more power out of her basic attack.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
Maybe I just have higher leadership than you

Maybe so. But I keep pumping my Warrior's Strength, and he still does negligible damage with his attacks compared to Brin. I think the game just hates me.

Only thing remotely pricey is the wizard ring, and the charm usually gets dropped while you're looking for Quin in the first place.

Considering that several of my low-level characters keep losing to the Effigies and Hornets while I'm trying to find some wolves they can kill, scraping together the 100 gp for a single armor upgrade is impossible enough; a 500 gp wizard ring is inconceivable.

tbh it's not THAT hard to get to level 5 unless you waste all your razorcup nectar.

I have no idea what that is. Besides I have to get to level 6 apparently, and even then I'll probably have to use every buff I have to survive these fights. I have no concept of how I'm supposed to deal with whatever comes after that (I assume that at some point I have to fight Kas, who is presumably more OP than Tahldas and Gytha put together).

From a different viewpoint, you can think of it as Ryn sacrificing her at-will slot to get a bit more power out of her basic attack.

Well my complaint was that it was a waste of a power and that characters need more and better options, so you haven't exactly invalidated my complaint by admitting that it's a deliberate waste of a power.