The Nursery

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Discuss shit / ask questions related to the (currently immediately upcoming) Tavros Station nursery here.

INTENDED FEATURES

• A new deck on Tavros Station, complete with a player appartment, a bio-science lab, and a milking station.
  • A gynoid head of the Nursery, who acts as wetnurse/teacher/surrogate mother to your spawn while you're away.
  • Semi-detailed breakdown of all your offspring via computers.
  • Ability to send certain crew / hirelings to the Nursery to work, and to upgrade existing functions
  • Ability to Wait Until Birth while pregnant.
  • Special interactions with unique offspring. Generic offspring (like Raskvel, Sydians, etc.) will not have any special interactions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Kinda hard to discuss something a good portion of us know next to nothing about. Though I will ask the big question, "Will the Nursery make it into the non-backer update in August?"

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I´m now gonna expect every npc and hostile encounter to be able to bear my children, each of them whom I can have elaborated interactions with. Especially Kaede and Syri, who will both either get vaginas or attain mpreg options. And then Anno and Reaha and Bess and Gianna and then and then... nah just kidding :p  

But I AM looking forward to interaction(s) with the water princesses.

I heard somewhere that one could wait until the pregnancy period is over. That´s something I´d love to see implemented. But I´m also kind of curious as to how that will deal with the pregnancy description scenes. Will we just skip right to the birth scene? Or will we read through the cycle in much the same way we normally do, just that we skip from stage to stage?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
 Though I will ask the big question, "Will the Nursery make it into the non-backer update in August?"

Almost assuredly not.

I heard somewhere that one could wait until the pregnancy period is over. That´s something I´d love to see implemented. But I´m also kind of curious as to how that will deal with the pregnancy description scenes. Will we just skip right to the birth scene? Or will we read through the cycle in much the same way we normally do, just that we skip from stage to stage?

Wait Until Birth will replace the normal pregnancy passages with a new set of (generic) events, including a unique birth and aftercare scene.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Are there any plans to develop the Head Nurse AI beyond being the scope of her functionality? What was the reasoning behind giving her a gynoid body, besides the obvious, of course.

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
finally the nursery is being done im getting very excited to vist my children at long last (though i wish i could get a mpreg trait or something so i have have my trap stay a full male and not get a vag when i want some preg times)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Are there any plans to develop the Head Nurse AI beyond being the scope of her functionality? What was the reasoning behind giving her a gynoid body, besides the obvious, of course.

What do you mean by development? 

If you mean "Give her sex scenes and a character arc" then yeah, that's a thing I'd like to do. Gonna have to wait a while, though.

The reason for giving her a gynoid body is, well, the obvious, let's be honest.

(though i wish i could get a mpreg trait or something so i have have my trap stay a full male and not get a vag when i want some preg times)

Gotta talk to @Nonesuch about finishing a certain project for that to happen.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Wait Until Birth will replace the normal pregnancy passages with a new set of (generic) events, including a unique birth and aftercare scene.

Sounds good to me :)

What do you mean by development? 

If you mean "Give her sex scenes and a character arc" then yeah, that's a thing I'd like to do. Gonna have to wait a while, though.

The reason for giving her a gynoid body is, well, the obvious, let's be honest.

This is actually the first time I've heard of having a head nurse. I always assumed we were going to have generic droids taking care of the children...so glad I'm wrong.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
I hope that eventually there would be a male character added to it, that could represent a fatherly side.

I also hope that whoever's writing this takes notes of the concerns that was in the old doc about forcing Steele's children to be prostitutes as something that should be optional.

Gotta talk to @Nonesuch about finishing a certain project for that to happen.

I'll eventually have to put some work on this kinda of stuff too, since I made a race that has the ability to give mpreg.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I hope that eventually there would be a male character added to it, that could represent a fatherly side.

No, go away.

I also hope that whoever's writing this takes notes of the concerns that was in the old doc about forcing Steele's children to be prostitutes as something that should be optional.

That would be me. I have no idea where you got that idea, but you're never going to have any of your kids do anything. Aside from the fact that most races grow up so slowly that they'll never advance past toddlers in game-time, Fen's decided that (aside from unique offspring eg. Water Princesses), kids are just going to be tally marks on your slate, and maybe some brief descriptions in various rooms.

And thank you Savin for getting my hopes up!

My reward will be feasting on your disappointment. 

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
That would be me. I have no idea where you got that idea, but you're never going to have any of your kids do anything. Aside from the fact that most races grow up so slowly that they'll never advance past toddlers in game-time, Fen's decided that (aside from unique offspring eg. Water Princesses), kids are just going to be tally marks on your slate, and maybe some brief descriptions in various rooms.

I think it something in the old doc involving Venus Pitchers in the Nursery. It was a long time ago and I remember heavily disliking it.

And in general that's a very good decision. :D

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Special interactions with unique offspring. Generic offspring (like Raskvel, Sydians, etc.) will not have any special interactions.

Which one offsprings would be classified at first addition of Nursery as those unique ones? Unless most of those are suppose to be a suprise for us and are kept secret xD

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Which one offsprings would be classified at first addition of Nursery as those unique ones? Unless most of those are suppose to be a suprise for us and are kept secret xD

The Water Princesses are the first and thus far only unique nursery residents I'll be writing content for. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
The Water Princesses are the first and thus far only unique nursery residents I'll be writing content for. 

Heh well that I expected to be included. Oh well we would wait more for some more unique children (I suppose that mean children with one of a king npc in game world since even some exotic hybrid won't count here).

A new deck on Tavros Station, complete with a player appartment, a bio-science lab, and a milking station.

Would this appartment be for now jsut another storage place for PC stuff? Would it be possible in future expand it space (I think such minor option like to buy some stuff to put in is too predictable to even ask)?

And in general you got much stuff written about this three places to tell some more to us about them now?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
And in general you got much stuff written about this three places to tell some more to us about them now?

Everything for the nursery save Briget the nursedroid, the Water Princess stuff, and the actual scenes for using the milk station (I think Gedan wanted to tackle that) is effectively done now. There could/should be some modifications to various rooms and some minor scenes for the various generic spawn, but... eh. I'll get around to it.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Savin when can I knock up Anno speed grow our puppy dottir and then watch syri fuck her????????????

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Just slap her in the nursery and add a "Wait until not jailbait" button.

Get on it, Ted!!!!

Just... Wait how long? Since it is clearly uncertain what age is "not a jailbait" for her race.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
If I legit did that then it'd be your ass fielding the "Why did nothing happen when I painstakingly waited for five or whatever in game years?" questions.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
If I legit did that then it'd be your ass fielding the "Why did nothing happen when I painstakingly waited for five or whatever in game years?" questions.

>Implying there aren't people who already *actually play that long*

I have seen save files with 1.5k+ days on them. YEARS, TED. YEARS. People don't care!

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Honestly, I kinda wish Aurora had more interactions. Not the sexual kinda though for blatantly obvious reasons.

But I digress, really looking forward to the nursery and hopefully more preg content comes along as well.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Everything for the nursery save Briget the nursedroid, the Water Princess stuff, and the actual scenes for using the milk station (I think Gedan wanted to tackle that) is effectively done now. There could/should be some modifications to various rooms and some minor scenes for the various generic spawn, but... eh. I'll get around to it.

Any ETA when this stuff would be started to be coded? (the one you said is effectively done now)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Any ETA when this stuff would be started to be coded? (the one you said is effectively done now)

Whenever Gedan's out of ultra-crunch for her real job, I'd guess. Couple more weeks? Unless Fen wants to tackle it, but he's as buried under the backlog mountain as I am and I'm pretty sure he said he doesn't ever want to touch pregnancy/child code.