Return to Mareth (In Game)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Because it's annoying getting gifts for doing nothing. And I'm just trying to get them to get rid of that dumb fantasy of theirs that we humans can actually save the world. If we don't get fucked into submission by the demons or screw ourselves over with our own vices, that is." He says, rolling his eyes.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Cassy sighs and nods her head "I have seen that first hand. But even if the world doesn't know it needs to be healed, she should heal it all the same. Kicking and screaming, good must be done before evil can completely take over."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"And besides... we all need to make the world better for the coming generation." Elliana adds, looking to little Natalie.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Indeed we do... but that is besides the point. What did you need from us Gertrude?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Yet you seem to have weathered your time in the wilds with little ill effect; as have they. Maybe it's something much more simple than that, and you simply fear what doing her task would mean. You know what she wants you to do," the fox said, knowingly.

"Actually, that is precisely the point," corrected Gertrude. "As I said, this world is sick with corruption. So much so that the very spirit of the earth wishes to see it spread to all the remaining land and people. This sickness of the spirit must be purged. If the world is to have any chance of healing, then the goddess of the land, Marae, must be killed." The finality of Gertrude's words hung heavy in the air.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Mina's eyes widened in surprise. She had heard of Gertrude and her followers but she never knew that was what the small cult had planned. The bunny girl was also aware of who Marae was supposed to be and how she had changed in the later years but certainly what the woman was proposing was a little outrageous. Fallen or not, the target was a divine being after all. "Mina... is not sure what to think of that."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Little I'll effect? Really? I'm a giant fucking lizard! But that's beside the point. Yes, I do know what she wants us to do. But... I don't know... Too risky and not rewarding enough. And how do we know it's even gonna work? She's supposed to be the protector! And then she wants us to kill her?" He says, looking up at her.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"You sure we can't just... cleanse her somehow? But yeah, if she's gone bad she probably needs to be put down for the good of the land, like cutting a diseased branch off a tree."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Castella reeled at the suggestion, staggering back a few steps "Kill.... a divine entity?! But... that is against all I stand for! Surely there is a way to save this goddess yes? Why must we go straight for the kill?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"I understand your hesitance, believe me I did not embrace this idea myself at first, but it is only after her current life is over that she may be reborn," Gertrude explained.

Miko laughed, a high pitched barking sound that drew stares from several people n the street, before falling forward and flipping in the air to land on her feet beside him. "Not rewarding enough? Tell me then, if not being reduced to a sex addled maniac is not rewarding enough, then just what might you consider a proper reward for the service? Truly, I'm curious," she said, crossing her arms behind her, and cocking her head to the side.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"So... she will be reborn, pure and holy once again? How do you know this? Can she not be truly killed by mortal hands?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Well, I want money! And slaves, too. Slaves would be good. And, of course, power, of any sort. But then.... That's basically what the demons are all about, eh?" He muses, tapping his chin.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"No divine entity can ever truly be killed by the hands of a mortal. Just as no mortal could truly kill the ground that they walk on," Gertrude corrected. "But, that doesn't mean that they can't be changed by our efforts. If you ever look upon Marae, just remember that it was the actions of a single mortal man that made her the way she is now. As for how I know all this, they don't call me a seer for nothing," she said, and the group thought that they could see the hint of a smile underneath her veil. "When I sleep, I see things, much more vivid than any dream, and I am certain that if this current incarnation of Marae is felled, then a new one will rise. Where and how, I do not know."

"And yet you did not throw in your lot with them," said Miko. "Why not?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Well, for one, I don't work well with others. Always have to look out for them and shit. That gets dangerous, fast. Second, that stupid cleric. You know I hate the kind of people who spout their religious bullshit all the time. Third... Killing a goddess? How do we even do that? Doing something like that would have dangerous consequences, to say the least..."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Oh. That. Well... They're fucking crazy and want to rape everything in sight that moves. Do you see me doing that?" He says, raising an eyebrow.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Indeed, they seek to change everything in the world to be like them. Is that any less far reaching than what Gertrude wants?" she asked, a look of genuine curiosity on her face.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"As far as I'm concerned, they're both crazy. But the demons are crazier! And... The demons... They know what they're doing is wrong, but they don't care. And Gertrude? She thinks she's doing the right thing, but... I have a baaaad feeling about it..."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Well, I suppose it would be pretty naïve not to second guess a person who asked you t kill a god. Still, roll it around in your head a little more, and I'm sure you'll see the difference between a one in a million shot, and no shot at all. And as far as rewards go, I'm sure the people of the city would compensate you for your efforts." Miko made to walk past him, but paused next to him. "And, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a little dom play with a conquering hero." Casually bumping her hip against his, she proceeded on her way, shaking her ass as she went, and giving her tail a prominent sway.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Draanok raises an eyebrow and stares after her with a smirk on his face, which disappears when she does.
Hmm... One in a million shot was better than no shot, eh...? But the odds were not in his favour, were they...? But still... A shot was a shot. With a heavy sigh, he turns and starts trudging back to Gertrude's hut with a scowl on his face.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"It's worth the chance, isn't it? Why not atleast try to make things better, Cassy?" Elliana asks, putting a hand on her shoulder. "If something were to corrupt you wholly... what would you want? A shot at redemption... or not?"

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Mina shrugged. At this point the bunny girl was willing to at least try and fulfill the herculean task the old seer was offering. "Still, if she really is as gone as the old lady says, even if she did die how would the land become any worse? Mina loves this place but she likes being able to choose from right or wrong and not have it forced down her throat by a naughty imp."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Castella sighs and hangs her head "Moon forgive me... I do this for the betterment of many and hopefully this goddess." She raises her gaze to Gertrude "Very well... I will accept your request to free this Marea from her curse."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"You're doing the right thing, Cassy. Better to release her from this torment and maybe... let her start anew... It's what I would want, should it ever... ever happen to me." She says, wrapping her arms around her stomach from behind.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She nods her head solemly, obviously not liking this topic but respecting her words as she squeezes Elliana's hands with her own.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"We don't have to go right now... let's get back to the house and have a good think." She says quietly into her ear. "Make sure you're okay with this whole thing."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I'm fine Elliana" She says softly, turning around with a sad smile "I am not happy with this idea, but I am fine with it. We can't go right now anyway... We need to take care of Natalie here."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Then come on, let's head home. I need to rest after all these bad news..." She says, taking her hand and turning to leave.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Right... Come on Mina! We are heading home again." She calls to their bunny friend.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
A couple of somber days passed as the group got ready for their new quest. Upon hearing about it, Isaac decided to pull some strings back at keep and managed to get them any basic traveling gear they might need; anything from sturdy traveling clothes to camping supplies, and even some armor if they wished. He also volunteered to accompany them as a guide once again, claiming that he could show them a fast way to get to the island where Marae supposedly lived.

For his part, Draakon had just missed the group after they left Gertrude, and had to spend the next couple of days trying to track them down again. He finally had to ask Gertrude's followers for help, and they gave him directions to their house.

[Everyone go ahead and describe any clothes and gear you want your characters to be wearing, and don't skimp on details as your clothes could make a serious difference in combat. Remember, the difference between pants and a dress is that enemies have to get pants off of you to get to your naughty bits.]