New Texas Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
This totally goes to show that different strokes work for different folks. I can't stand NT personally, everything about cows and farms and redneck cowboy rodeo shitkicker culture turns my stomach so a whole planet of it is just made of yuck for me. I endured it to get my stats pegged, but beyond that the only thing worth going back for in my book is Gianna. Now that piece of techno-yummy... I'd do near anything to get her off of podunk planet and take her with me to civilization. I mean shit, at least jungle planet has an excuse for being primitive, what's NT's excuse? I bet the minute you warp into the system all you can get on the space radio are country-western "music" stations...
You seem to taken one look at NT, assumed it was a giant stereotypical southern farm planet, and skipped pretty much every interaction. NT is in no way described as having a redneck cowboy rodeo shitkicker culture, as you so eloquently described it.

There are a lot of cows and farms though (even if we only see one farm), so I can understand your issues with that, although not the intensity of the disgust.

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
I dunno, that reads as a bit of a weird assessment of NT to me. Sure, you can hate it because you're vehemently against cow-girls, but I've never really seen NT as all that "primitive".

Aside from hover pickup trucks, where's the technological advance? It's ranch planet, a throwback to a rural agricultural lifestyle that even today is the complete opposite of modern cutting-edge let alone futuristic. Even in our time, the "down home on the farm" fantasy and country-western theme is a quaint genre based on nostalgia for an increasingly distant "simpler, better time" more associated with the 19th century than the 21rst. Even today, ranching and farming are on the verge of being replaced by new technology, the farm of the near future is indoor warehouse structures with hydroponics, vertical farming, lab-dish cloned meat, and automated production processes far more akin to a manufacturing facility than anything resembling a traditional farm. In the far future a ranch farm planet is as deliberately and willfully primitive as a planet based on Civil War / Old West reenactment or Ren Faire psuedo-medieval cosplay.

The whole place is based on rural agricultural American culture, like a country-western theme planet with only the minimum adjustment to advanced technology and only that in service to the theme. It's a deliberate anachronism, designed for those who are enamored with that cultural and psuedo-historical theme and all the fantasies tied up in it. Hell, the central sexual fantasy is the fusion of woman and livestock, literally fucking the farm animals! As someone who's very much into the catgirl thing I'm not going to fetish-shame those who find that appealing, I simply mean to point out how much of a niche thing it is and how it can come across for those who don't share the fondness for the theme and its associated fetishes.

I'm not saying it's not a well crafted setting, or that it shouldn't exist in game or that people who like it are wrong for doing so. But I cannot describe how deeply it's a turn-off for me without risking seeming insulting. Everything about it, so lovingly and expertly crafted for those who are into the theme, rubs me precisely the wrong way to the point of being repulsive to me. But that's ok! Different strokes for different folks. I didn't post to bash NT or it's fans, just to point out how interesting it is that some people's squee can be someone else' squick.

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
You seem to taken one look at NT, assumed it was a giant stereotypical southern farm planet, and skipped pretty much every interaction. NT is in no way described as having a redneck cowboy rodeo shitkicker culture, as you so eloquently described it.

There are a lot of cows and farms though (even if we only see one farm), so I can understand your issues with that, although not the intensity of the disgust.

I have personal reasons for my extreme distaste for that whole culture, most of them tied to a period of my life where I was forced to live in the most backwards and undeveloped part of rural America. I was too harsh with my post, though, allowing my personal animosity to come through far too strongly. I tried hard to clean that up in my second post, and I apologize for any offense I may have caused.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think that backwater ap is only on the outside with all more fancy and hig-end tech ben hiddden in a way PC or tourists will not see it. So all it can see is seemly backwater style planet.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
What if I told you, you can want to cuddle while penetrating/being penetrated?

*X Files Theme*

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
As Ormael just said, the whole "backwater, rural quaintness" theme is a result of the only exploreable area, Big T's Ranch, is a tourist attraction playing on that appeal. I'm just saying that the greater part of New Texas is probably up to par with the rest of the galaxy. If anyone can clarify that, it'd be nice, but that's how I've always read it. No offense taken.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I have personal reasons for my extreme distaste for that whole culture, most of them tied to a period of my life where I was forced to live in the most backwards and undeveloped part of rural America. I was too harsh with my post, though, allowing my personal animosity to come through far too strongly. I tried hard to clean that up in my second post, and I apologize for any offense I may have caused.
Almost none taken. The only issue I take is with this part:
Hell, the central sexual fantasy is the fusion of woman and livestock, literally fucking the farm animals! As someone who's very much into the catgirl thing I'm not going to fetish-shame those who find that appealing...
You do "fetish shame" here, as the cat girl thing is on the same level as the cow girl thing. It's literally fucking the household pet, which is no better than literally fucking the farm animals. By implying that people who like cow girls like to jack off to things that are somehow closer to actual animals than cat girls, you attempt to raise your own fetish above the other.

Other than that it was a non-offensive post, and I harbor no hard feelings toward you.

As to your arguments, it should be taken into account that the only area of NT that we get to see is a single farm, specifically designed for tourists, and also the home of the mayor (His title is mayor, right? Even though he controls the planet?), someone very much into the ranch theme. NT competes on a universal scale, and is very rich, so it's going to have the best tech it can get, just not for the tourists to see. As was pointed out by multiple people before this post. I really should type faster, being ninja'd is annoying.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
As Ormael just said, the whole "backwater, rural quaintness" theme is a result of the only exploreable area, Big T's Ranch, is a tourist attraction playing on that appeal.
You're only even allowed to touch down on the planet if you're a sexy rich person invited as a tourist. Actually no, I think Cass visited as a delivery girl or something.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
You're only even allowed to touch down on the planet if you're a sexy rich person invited as a tourist. Actually no, I think Cass visited as a delivery girl or something.
She didn't really visit, she just got to see the port, she couldn't get the internal security checkpoint like Steele Jr. can. Also, it's noted that Steele Jr. got around paying the actual fees by being personally invited, the majority of rich people still pay fat chunks of cash to vacation there.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I mean, it was still enough for her to get a free Treatment. And I think I remember her still being propositioned by someone at the port.

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
Almost none taken. The only issue I take is with this part:

You do "fetish shame" here, as the cat girl thing is on the same level as the cow girl thing. It's literally fucking the household pet, which is no better than literally fucking the farm animals. By implying that people who like cow girls like to jack off to things that are somehow closer to actual animals than cat girls, you attempt to raise your own fetish above the other.

Other than that it was a non-offensive post, and I harbor no hard feelings toward you..

I threw in the catgirl thing to specifically say "hey, I'm just as weird in a different way so I have no room to bash you". I apologize if I wasn't clear, it was meant to clarify that I wasn't trying to shame anyone for their fantasies.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
@EmperorG:
>sex slaves
Have you seen the Vanae good end?

I have, but so long ago it's rather vague in my mind. From what I remember several males were kept as cum dispensers in the common room for all Vanae to get their fill. In the Vanae male good end though, the pc is such a good supply that he basically overrides the tribes needs for any other males, as well as becoming the father to the entire next generation of Vanae who he will knock-up too. That about right?

Meanwhile the female Vanae good end has the PC become queen of the Tribe and lead a resistance against slavers.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
No yeah, but "sex slave" is a pretty strong word. I mean, they were nothing if not courteous to you as they rode yo dick.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
PC getting mail inviting him/her to visit NT but I not think it is limited to only rich tourists. Ofc only those that either got fetish for cows/bulls/both or are rich would mot like be first to fly there asap.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Foreign civilians are not allowed on New Texas at all, and only rich tourists are allowed to visit Big T's Ranch, which is essentially a resort.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Still that only one place on whole planet. But due to game limitations we never would know if there is more...such Ranches that also trying to attract new people/tourists. Was Big T set to be current leader of whole planet population?

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
In JimT's vanae short story, the tribe keep zil boys with testicles so swollen they can't move. In-game the vanae act incongruously nicely to you according to everything else you can find or read about them. Quinn has an albino tentacle pelt nailed to her wall for a reason.

As for NT, the invitation you get seems very generic. I doubt T specifically invites you to his ranch; he has nothing really to say to you. I'd imagine NT is a destination for rich tourists in the same way the likes of Switzerland, Monaco or Abu Dhabi are today, their prices and resorts adjusted so that only small groups of the well-off can go.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@Ormael: No dude, the ranch is essentially New Texas, seeing as how it's the only place people (and only rich patrons at that) are allowed to visit. There are no other public resort parts, the rest of the planet is mostly rolling hills with sparse inhabited regions, and Big T is the planetary governor, yes.

@Nonesuch: I thought it was generic too, until Savin told me the PC only gets it because they're Steele Jr. Then again you can meet even Kiro on NT.

TL;DR: If I'm wrong, just blame Savinheime.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
That because we can't freely land anywahere on NT so we would never know if outside only one planetary ranch is only endless dunes of san...fields of various plants and wild packs of varmints running around.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Dude, I didn't say any of that, you're needlessly twisting my words. I said that the planet is mostly undeveloped and that what populated places definitely do exist are likely either towns far away from each other, or all close to the Big T's Ranch region.

Also in regards to this:
we would never know
Do you think I just pull these facts out of my ass? Everything I've said so far I got from either Fenstaff or the wiki. Do you dislike me or something? I mean I feel like you contradict specifically me every time and on every thread I post in...

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

RyubosJ

May 1, 2017
I think this is the right place to ask, in TiTsEd under the Treatment there are a number of extra options "Herm/Neuter doublemode", "herm Girlmode + Double", and "Herm Girlmode + Shrink" Are any of them coded in, and if so how do you activate them?

betatester

Jul 17, 2017
Since nobody has suggested this fate for New Texas I make this suggestion (feel free to use it as you like)
- Amazon takeover of the planet
- Big T dismissed, maybe used as a tool in the milking farm
- An Amazon elected to rule the planet (perhaps Simone)

Steele can help by recruiting several Amazons on the different planets and be a major factor in the takeover success or failure.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You have an odd definition of "nobody". "Amazons should take over New Texas" is one of the most commonly suggested plots for New Texas.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Eh, at this point I don't really care anymore. It's not only very out of the way, but quite frankly, it's existence is practically irrelevant for the rest of the galaxy. There's nothing allegorical about it, it's just a playground for the community of Bimbo and Stud fetish enthusiasts.

I can't really think of any meaningful change to the administration of NT that wouldn't radically alter it, thus defeating it's entire purpose.