Favourite WH40K Faction & General Discussion

What is your favourite WH40K faction?

• Total voters

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
So I voted for the imperials even though my pic if of Khorne who I have to say is my favorite chaos God just above NURGLE*. I chose the imps because I'm a big fan of the Blood Ravens, and the Imperial Fists.

Nooo! The Imperials are winning by a huge margin now! Oh the shame, the shame! I need to find some people who will vote for Tyranids...
How could you not vote for Chaos?! Your name is Khorne!! xD
Also, that can't be a picture of Khorne, there aren't enough skulls and there isn't enough blood. :p

Which one do you like better, Imperial Fists, or Blood Ravens?

All you need is training and a lot of gunpowder. IG4lifeyo.

I suppose that is true. But bio-toxins that can kill a man in seconds regardless of training wins beats gunpowder, I think.

Do you have a favourite regiment?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Hmmmm... isn't there certain weapons that the Imperials have that are basically considered planet busters? you know they destroy the planet outright? I know there's one campaign where the Smurfs (Ultramarines) were fighting an awakening Necron army on a world claimed by the Imperium of Man which turned out to be a tombworld. I remember reading that at the end of the campaign the Ultramarines just outright destroyed the planet in order to destroy the Necron Threat.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Hmmmm... isn't there certain weapons that the Imperials have that are basically considered planet busters? you know they destroy the planet outright? I know there's one campaign where the Smurfs (Ultramarines) were fighting an awakening Necron army on a world claimed by the Imperium of Man which turned out to be a tombworld. I remember reading that at the end of the campaign the Ultramarines just outright destroyed the planet in order to destroy the Necron Threat.

The only weapon in WH40K that I know of that has the power to actually destroy a planet, kind of like Alderaan, is Abbadon's 'Planet Killer' spaceship.
But really, all you need is a shit ton of Cyclonic Torpedoes and you will literally tear a planet's crust apart, going deep enough to damage and destroy even Necron Tombs. I think that is probably what was mentioned/used.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
What I was referring to was the Damnos Incident. As for the weapon what I'm talking about are Two Stage Cyclonic Torpedo's which bore into a planets core and detonate within it and destabilize the planet which in essence destroys the world. Sounds like planet busting to me.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I don't understand, the Damnos Incident ends with the Imperium later coming back and reclaiming the planet. Maybe you are thinking of something else?
Yeah, Stage Two Cyclonic Torpedoes 'shatter' the planet, but I don't think it 'explodes' the planet. It is still a planet, the explosion is just several magnitudes stronger, destroying the tectonic plates and the crust.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Yeah. I don't know about that... That just looked really, odd. Is that even canon if it was in a cut scene? If it is canon, why didn't they do that when fighting the Reapers? It looked like it could have been useful.
Wait, did that ship not have any shields? That was dumb of them lol.

Dragonspiderkitsune

Sep 27, 2016
www.pixiv.net
Yeah. I don't know about that... That just looked really, odd. Is that even canon if it was in a cut scene? If it is canon, why didn't they do that when fighting the Reapers? It looked like it could have been useful.
Wait, did that ship not have any shields? That was dumb of them lol.

Well suppose it's "canon". But likely only a selected few strong Biotic users can deflect ship fire, the rest just direct gun shot at best. Reaper beam is probably too much for them to handle.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Iam going to assume anyone interested in reading this already knows Mass Effect and is already aware of the lore behind it throughout all three games (Andromeda doesnt count as it is meant to be an entirely different series altogether).

@Dragonspiderkitsune Ahhh I was hoping for some clarity in regards to that statement. Sadly as I said as a condition for the scenario Andromeda doesnt count as it is meant to be a fresh start for the series to be something new (also as an excuse as so that we can forget and ignore which ending to Mass Effect 3 is cannon) meaning the new writers. As the original writers have long left to other companies, so the current writers on the Andromeda series can write as they see fit for good or ill.

This display alone ignores the limitations and the extent of what biotics are capable of that they set in canon; you can argue that its in the future and it has been advanced, but it is even mentioned that Biotics are only as strong as the person's biology and exposure, by that display it should have outright killed the two of them. @RanmaChan I Agree what honest to good star ship doesn't have shields...

Anyway, even if lets say they could do that (which I reeeaally doubt it) the Torpedo is as big as a building, plus its going at a high speed impact required for the torpedo to burrow into the planet, and do my eyes deceive me but did I just see some of those missiles get blown up, because if thats the case then the explosion would have already engulfed them with the force of an exploding sun; here is an example of what one cyclonic torpedo can do.
50f0b49bab28aa3fce04fd3b2c8dc1bc.jpg

What you see here is the planet Fenris of the Space Wolves chapter where a Chaos Incursion was happening and the Dark Angels if I recall, ordered an Exterminatus on the planet as Magnus the Red was on the planet hoping to kill him along with the presence of Fallen Angels. It didn't work however as Fenris was not only a gigantic and resilient planet, but the World Spirit of Fenris is immeasurably powerful, making it one of the many reasons why Fenris has not been destroyed despite one or a few Cyclonic Torpedos. I hope that helped clear things up.

EDIT: Oh and before I forget, unless the situation demands it, the Cyclonic Torpedo's are reserved for killing entire planets and or mobile structures like Eldar Craftworlds, and Ork Attack Moonz during The Beast. Standard Imperial Ships, include Lance Batteries, Volcano Cannons, Vulkan Mega Bolters (I think), Macro Cannons, and Nova Cannons.

Last edited:

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Also to @RanmaChan

*Looking at the polls*

FOR THE EMPERORRRR MY BATTLE BROTHERS!!! (By Lutherniel too no less!)
c16f96278c9b5ea007c5a3d286709ad7.jpg

AND HAIL TO THE RIGHTEOUS LITTLE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE IMPERIAL GUARD! YOU DO HIM PROUD!!! (A double-whammy of Luth!)
23394e607ab750c6705bab10e63ae978.jpg

Garn

May 30, 2016
@RanmaChan
Now we see that evil is subjective. I don't see forcing other people to accept your culture when it is clearly better, to be an evil thing. Doing nothing and allowing the Imperials to continue the way they have is far more evil, because you are causing the death and suffering of far more people by allowing them to keep going. Even if you did consider that evil, its really not worth noting compared to the other races. Sending conquered planets soldiers to fight as front line to protect Tau lives, and forcing people to join your culture against their will is peanuts compared to the rest of the universe. Even if they were not good they were still objectively the best Empire in the setting.

Now they do shit like quietly sterilize the populations of planets they take so the non-Tau population die off over generations. They are now on the same level of screwed up as anyone else. I mean in the previous iteration how can you compare the two when the Tau just remove your culture and use non-Tau soldier to body block; The Imperium literally sacrifices thousands of pykers everyday to the Emperor, they have slaves to start the engines of their ships whos job is to walk until they die and then get feed to the rest, if a planet is decided to be heretical they simply eliminate the entire planet (regardless of innocence victims) and just start all over later. They are more worried about the wastage of ammo then they are of the lives of their soldiers. The list goes on and on.

The Orks exist solely to wage war, the trynaid exist to eat everything. The Necron want to kill everything that is not them, the eldar and dark eldar gave birth to Slaanesh, the choas forces want to give all existence unto the Choas Gods turning all that is into an unending hellscape of timeless torment. So the Tau were pretty much the best option. Sure you might lose your culture and your soldiers were not treated well but they at least weren't trying to wipe you out or sacrificing you their gods/ machines.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
@Garn To be fair, the Imperium aren't given any leeway and they have litteraly survived just about anything, from every direction that they could throw at it just so that they can eke out another day in the hopes of a reversal. Humanity has been beset by three things that pretty much spelled and shaped the current Imperium; The Age of Strife, The Horus Heresy, The War of the Beast, and the Age of Apostasy. Each representing the very things that caused their downfall loss of a future from possible Chaos Corruption, Destruction of Recovery by Chaos, Xeno of unimaginable strength that resurged once thought broken, and a betrayal by an ordinary human who almost destroyed the Imperium. Thus the term battling the wars Within, Without, and Beyond; Within for Heretics and Traitors, Without for the Xenos, and Beyond for the denizens of the Warp and Ruinous Powers

This serves as a small example but one to remember the danger of just one potential leak

"Call them what you will—Krell, Psyrens or Enslavers. Just one witch, unsanctioned, caused the destruction of Hive Skorpios when one of those things used her brain as a gateway to this world. Within three days the entire hive’s population was reduced to drooling mindslaves. Within three weeks an entire continent was at war. And all because the governor thought his family should be exempt from the psyker cull and refused to give his daughter to the Black Ships."
— Inquisitor Mallen, Ordo Xenos

Just one innocent person who were not aware of the danger caused almost the destruction of a world; we cant paint the black and white brush, not when there are far too many things that are buttfucking them. Those psykers are sacrificed because the knowledge that was suppose to use it to its full potential has been lost and the Golden Throne had to be patched back just to keep it working with the Emperor. As for ammo, thats not exactly fair when something as harmless as a laurel or a mask can be tainted by Chaos, so you have to forgive them to keep a tight fist on your lasgun even if manpower is a precious resource. Until Vulkan (no matter how brief) and Guilliman returned they didn't have a shining beacon to rally behind to help the foundation that the Emperor wanted to build for mankind, since Chaos ruined it for everyone, they are forced into a horrendous cycle of pragmatism and suspicion by the very events that shaped them.

The Tau have it waaaaaaaaaaay too easy as being a race not in-tuned with the Warp as unlike mankind who are slowly evolving into a psychic race much like the Emperor, they dont have that strong connection, and even if the humans or any culture gets absorbed into the Tau, the Tau are so naive that they wont see the threat of Chaos as the horrifying danger as it is. You would think they would learn something after the colossal mess of a friendship with the Dark Eldar when they tricked the Tau into leaving their planet defenseless to the Dark Eldar raid, ranskacking all flora, fauna, and Tau on the planet, then turned the Tau Ambassadors who were with the Tau into misshapen monstrous moaning wrecks just for a laugh.

No race is perfect, so while I cannot advocate some of the Imperium's horrific standards and their need for pragmatism, the Imperium of Mankind, the Eldar, the Tau, and as farfetched as it is but still plausible in the future the Necrons; they are the galaxy's best chance to beating back Chaos.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
What you see here is the planet Fenris of the Space Wolves chapter where a Chaos Incursion was happening and the Dark Angels if I recall, ordered an Exterminatus on the planet as Magnus the Red was on the planet hoping to kill him along with the presence of Fallen Angels. It didn't work however as Fenris was not only a gigantic and resilient planet, but the World Spirit of Fenris is immeasurably powerful, making it one of the many reasons why Fenris has not been destroyed despite one or a few Cyclonic Torpedos.

*cough* Seventh Edition *cough*

Also to @RanmaChan

*Looking at the polls*

FOR THE EMPERORRRR MY BATTLE BROTHERS!!! (By Lutherniel too no less!)

AND HAIL TO THE RIGHTEOUS LITTLE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE IMPERIAL GUARD! YOU DO HIM PROUD!!! (A double-whammy of Luth!)

Bah, this isn't completely fair, if I had split up the Imperium of Man into the respective factions I have in the first post, then they would totally be losing right now! :p
Gotta love that art, but you need to remember to use the spoiler tags to help cleanup your posts a bit though.

@RanmaChan
Now we see that evil is subjective. I don't see forcing other people to accept your culture when it is clearly better, to be an evil thing. Doing nothing and allowing the Imperials to continue the way they have is far more evil, because you are causing the death and suffering of far more people by allowing them to keep going. Even if you did consider that evil, its really not worth noting compared to the other races. Sending conquered planets soldiers to fight as front line to protect Tau lives, and forcing people to join your culture against their will is peanuts compared to the rest of the universe. Even if they were not good they were still objectively the best Empire in the setting.

Now they do shit like quietly sterilize the populations of planets they take so the non-Tau population die off over generations. They are now on the same level of screwed up as anyone else. I mean in the previous iteration how can you compare the two when the Tau just remove your culture and use non-Tau soldier to body block; The Imperium literally sacrifices thousands of pykers everyday to the Emperor, they have slaves to start the engines of their ships whos job is to walk until they die and then get feed to the rest, if a planet is decided to be heretical they simply eliminate the entire planet (regardless of innocence victims) and just start all over later. They are more worried about the wastage of ammo then they are of the lives of their soldiers. The list goes on and on.

Sure you might lose your culture and your soldiers were not treated well but they at least weren't trying to wipe you out or sacrificing you their gods/ machines.

Yes, evil is subjective, and I found the Tau's brand of evil to be just fine the way it was originally. Just because they could be seen as the 'gooder' guys in the game doesn't mean that they needed to be changed. Even with these new changes they are still kind of less 'grimdark' than everyone else, so it didn't really work. But I don't really mind those further additions, like the sterilizing of non-Tau populations (even though they only do it to populations on planets that don't accept the Greater Good), what I do not like is the fact that they tried to make the Tau a sort of slave race to the Ethereal caste in some 'mind controlling' way. That is what I dislike about the new Tau.

This is what I was getting at in my post:
The only thing 7th edition changed was the fact that Ethereals are now, kinda, sorta, evil? Maybe? Pheromones? Questionmark??? What a dumb concept. The fact that the Tau were, in their own way, dark and evil, and people didn't really understand that, was GREAT. That was EXACTLY what the Tau wanted. To appear awesome, but underneith they actually aren't, and you never get the chance to notice that once they gobble your world up. The fact that the Warhammer 40K fanbase didn't understansd that, and wanted them to be 'more evil' is just a slap to the face at how well written the originally were.

But that part about:

"I don't see forcing other people to accept your culture when it is clearly better, to be an evil thing. Doing nothing and allowing the Imperials to continue the way they have is far more evil, because you are causing the death and suffering of far more people by allowing them to keep going."

I think is fundamentally wrong. You can't ever force your culture on someone else, and change them, because you think your culture is better. The Imperials believe that their culture and their lives are fine (sometimes very hard, and painful, but they accept that as the way it needs to be in this galaxy), and most of them don't mind making the sacrifices their race has to make in order to keep surviving. Yes we may think of it as barbaric, and look at the Tau and see it as less barbaric (but still underhanded), and think: Well maybe it wouldn't be so bad if humanity accepted the Greater Good, but then they wouldn't be humanity anymore, they wouldn't have their humanity. The fighting spirit I talked about in regards to the Imperial Guard, would be gone. Yes, individual lives might improve, yes uncontrollable psykers would no longer be sacrificed to the Golden Throne, and yes the oppressive theocratic government would be gone, but those restrictions are required in Warhammer 40K in order for humanity to stay alive.

If the Tau were to conquer the Imperium, they would have no choice but to eradicate humanity due to the internal threat it would pose to their empire. Once regular humans have the time to stop and think about their lot in life, they may not like the Tau Empire, and they may turn inwards to make, darker, Chaotic, pursuits. It is the grinding daily life of the average citizen, and the importance of the religion forced upon them by their government that stops them from turning to these ends. No more controlling of the human psyker population? Say hello the Daemonic incursions that your people have no way to understand because they have no connection to the warp and no psykers.

@RanmaChan Any specific type of them or any would be good enough?

I could probably get down with a Zoanthrope. I bet they could do some pretty freaky shit with their Psyker powers, plus they have less claws, spiky bits, and bio acid that you would need to dodge.
Then again, Lictors with their feeding tendrils might be fun.

Last edited:

Agrok

Dec 7, 2016
I think giving points to the Dark Eldar would be considered heresy, lol. Not giving them points would be considered the right thing to do, according to the Imperial Creed at least.

And why would someone insane listen to Imperial Creed? :rolleyes:

Plus not everyone need follow main steam, right? All will be static if not someone that explore in new direction.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Y'know I just realized something thats been missing in this thread! I just got back from watchin GOTG Vol.2 and I remembered an important member of the abhuman species that exists in 40k but is never used, except for liberal use of imagination...

THE FELINIDS!!! (Homo sapien hirsutus)

I mean other than their confirmed existence for all we know, that they are a race of Cat people descended from humans who adapted into feline forms that serve the Emperor in secret, I mean the thought of interacting with actual cat people (and not Alfabusa's version) is quite...arousing with potential.

Felinid_sexual_harrasment_by_sexual_yeti-d9yybmm.png

Reactions: blaster

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Y'know I just realized something thats been missing in this thread! I just got back from watchin GOTG Vol.2 and I remembered an important member of the abhuman species that exists in 40k but is never used, except for liberal use of imagination...

THE FELINIDS!!! (Homo sapien hirsutus)

Consorting with mutants now Endwar? Your heresy knows no bounds...

And why would someone insane listen to Imperial Creed? :rolleyes:

Plus not everyone need follow main steam, right? All will be static if not someone that explore in new direction.

Maybe you need to be insane to follow the Imperial Creed in the first place? Hmmmm.
Go, explore in new directions. You know what you will find? Chaos. Yup, I said it.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
So guys as of the following trailer from this here vidya!

Now that Roboute Guilliman is declaring the Indomitus Crusade against the enemies of the Imperium. Indomitus meaning fierce, untamable or more apt for this universe; unstoppable. Guilliman has made himself known that he intends for humanity to finally advance instead of defending, and in doing so he and Bellisarius Cawl seems to have something up their sleeve to finally give that almighy push that the Imperium sorely needed on the frontlines and assisting the Space Marines in the far fringes of the galaxy.

All guesses and theories form here on out, meaning that we will be definitely be seeing a new codex to these warriors of Guilliman and Belisaruis's design. Who are these future warriors, have Guilliman and the Mechanicus created a new line of Space Marines? or are they something else entirely? Do these warriors possess the same flaw that make them unable to have femal Space Marines, or have they finally achieved the means to increase the fighting capacity of the other gender half of humanity?

What do you guys think they might be, and how effective could they possibly be if Guilliman claims that they will be the spearpoint in the Imperium's counter attack?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You do not talk about Warhammer 40K club. Total War is alright, though.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016

*Just checked back the first page and the edits*

Tee Hee. Oh right no 7th Edition hehe. However I shall defend myself by saying that as far as this point goes, its already the 8th edition (I think?). Anyway, codices and apocalyptic rage inducing canon by a certain heretical Ward aside. I am actually curios about how people are reacting to this new unit and everything that will follow. I am certain that if they are poorly written they they will become the new targets for everyone to point their lasguns, bolters, rending claws, gauss rifles, and tentacles at in fan rage.

Buuut what if they were actually written well, and how will we react to it, considering that the story has finally started to progress after how many years now.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
They could make excuse that numeration would change when it will reach moment it should be named Warhammer 50k.

Only heretics will count 41k, 42k, 43k and etc.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
if and when 50k happens somehow I bet the writers will somehow make it that humans have somehow miraculously survived

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
if and when 50k happens somehow I bet the writers will somehow make it that humans have somehow miraculously survived

That is the whole point, as to why I don't want things to change, and why things shouldn't change. Warhammer 40K is at a great point lore-wise, but GWs miniatures aren't selling as well as they would like, so they are making up a contrived reason as to why they need to make new ones that people should buy.

They wrote themselves into a corner, not saying that is a bad thing, the corner as it stands is fucking great. But essentially, with the return of the Necrons and the arrival of the Tyranids, humanity is pretty much fucked. Humanity won't survive the next few millennia, I think at least. GW seems to think this as well, it seems, because they resorted to waking up a guy who was seconds away from death, making him magically better, then allowing him to (somehow) make better soldiers that (somehow) even the Emperor couldn't make, despite the fact that at this point in time the Mechanicum doesn't even know how the Golden Throne works anymore. The Emperor was the one who made the Space Marines, and his greatest creation (next to the Webway he was building for humanity but that got blowed up by Magnus) was the Golden Throne. If the Emperor couldn't make better soldiers then, why would they be able to make them now?

So what they are saying is this: Roboute Guilliman (who never cared about science or technology, only statecraft and warfare) is getting together with the Mechanicum of Mars (who have lost even more of their technological knowledge over the last ten thousand years) and they are making super super soldiers to fix all the problems.

Yes, super super soldiers. Because that will fix everything that is wrong.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well if they not fix the problem writers would probably think about making supre super super soldiers, right? I eman when selling going down add more super (or maybe it was more dakka dakka...)

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Well if they not fix the problem writers would probably think about making supre super super soldiers, right? I eman when selling going down add more super (or maybe it was more dakka dakka...)

Nice, you are getting some of the terminology down, lol. Yeah, maybe the Imperium will start adding more dakka to their super soldiers, to make super dakka super soldiers.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Super Dakka Sentai?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Nah it would be just Super Dakka Dakka Super Soldiers.
Promo should be like that: Now new Super Soldiers with double amount of Dakka and Super comming to you neibourhood planet next month.