favourite and least favourite character in tits.

Discussion in 'Trials in Tainted Space' started by It goes anon and non, Apr 9, 2018.

  1. Evil

    Evil Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2017
    Reading through this thread
    [​IMG]

    Aaaaaaaanyway, I rather like Ramis.

    And though there are several characters I'm not a fan of, I won't take this as an opportunity to list their flaws because that's just going to come off as rather insulting to their writers, who have made a tremendous effort in creating them and thus deserve some respect.

    Oh and Anno, I really like Anno. Have I said that before? Maybe, who cares.
     
  2. ScarletteKnight

    ScarletteKnight Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2015
    Ramis is amazingly hot, just woof. But she's also great fun, and as much as I find her irresistible, I like that she won't sleep with me.

    Though maybe as a crew member she'll be a bit more open to sex with women, but I won't hold my breath.
     
  3. nad destroyer

    nad destroyer Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2018
    When I first heard of our Steele's Rival/cousin I was really hoping that eventually some smut between the two would be written but this is unlikely now since patreon is waving its ban hammer around against incest.
     
  4. Xeivous

    Xeivous Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    I faintly recall that crew-ramis was supposed to be more open.

    but yeah I really like her and not being able to bang her is annoying to me. Like I've always been in the camp of "anyone the player can romance in a game should be playersexual. nobody wants to be rejected simply over whatever the character they've created to represent themselves has in their pants. people get enough of that shit in real life and they don't need it in their entertainment"
     
  5. Slab Bulkhead

    Slab Bulkhead Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2015
    If I remember right, crew-Ramis can share a fuckboy with a female Steele, but still won't actually fuck a female Steele. But it's late and I'm tired and I just wrote a bunch, so I might be wrong.

    And I get where you're coming from with not being able to fuck Ramis, but I think it's okay if NPCs have preferences. I don't see a problem with characters staying true to what the writer wants them to be, and I think them having preferences makes them seem more like a real character and not just a vehicle for sex scenes. But I do think them being playersexual should be the rule, not the exception, because it would suck if most NPCs got all picky about who they'll fuck. Kind of like how some NPCs will fuck you right away, some not until you either talk to them or do something for them. I don't want to have to jump through hoops for everyone, but it's fine sometimes.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Magic Ted

    Magic Ted Forum God
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    To memory it's because it was a backer goal. That and capital ships, for that matter.
     
  7. hawke56

    hawke56 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2016
    But there already is smut between Steele and their cousin. Two scenes only so far but still. One is during a Bad End on the Myrellion main mission and the other can happen on Uveto when Steele volunteers to test Belles subtuner collar.
     
  8. Nonesuch

    Nonesuch Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    No, you're right. That's pretty much how it's going to be.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. nad destroyer

    nad destroyer Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2018
    0_o I've only gotten two bad ends. One is the treated taur on the cow planet when you get free used one too many times after suckling those tits in the shop. The other is when your trying to bimbofy that pergia? don't know how to spell it but its when you get transformed into a living doll bad end. I haven't even been to Uveto since it was first introduced. I really need to park my ass down and play TiTs all the way. But my own stubbornness gets in the way when something happens to my steele when I didn't want it too.

    Anyway its good to know that there is some content for those two thanks hawke56.
     
  10. balitz Method

    balitz Method Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2016
    It's more that people who're putting themselves out there for the first time are trying so hard to avoid taking any criticism that could ever come off as harsh, whether it could help them or just hurt them, that they end up only listening to the people who're rubbing their head and telling them it's okay. Running from pain is not something you can let yourself do if you want to be a writer and I say this because I've been through the whole rigamarole of being published, of being in publishing, and of doing silly amateur vanity projects where mine is my only voice of criticism. People reject you - a lot - and that always hurts but if you let it shake you then you won't improve -or- stick with it. You don't have to love the pain but you do have to endure the pain of someone telling you that you didn't do a good job.

    Like if I crumbled here because the crowd or the mods or whomever else didn't like my criticism I wouldn't be able to keep making them. I can take it, I can brush it off, I can have fun with it and I can live with the consequences if it comes to that, too.

    Editors have to be the bad guys sometimes and this person in particular needed to face one at full mustache-twirl precisely because it's clear they haven't run into one yet. Fighting back and forth with an editor, hopefully one that can prove through their words that they know a little something, and eventually overcoming them to the tune of your own growth is also part of the fun of writing. But I'm also a writer, so even if I'm just writing critique from that perspective I like to create a character and voice for it - that sort of back and forth is a story, too (though that was only after the actual writer for that character showed up and I saw how sensitive/wet behind the ears they are, the first post was just general shitposty goof language). Some people only need to hear 'this or that doesn't work, here's some technical advice' and I've given it out in that tone around here before. Others need to develop more fundamental aspects of the skillset and -that- requires something that's inevitably going to hurt: they need to hear that they're going about things in the wrong way and that their method is stunting their creativity.

    Everyone with immature talent but too much fixation on genre fiction needs to have their bad habits corrected before they can get past the whole My First Fanfiction phase actually start to develop a style of their own.
     
  11. balitz Method

    balitz Method Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2016
    And to kind-of respond to something Nonesuch said earlier stuff like this is the primary reason I haven't written any content for the game yet. I was going to as a little side project but at this point I don't think Fenoxo has a good grasp on the development in terms of his priorities, pacing, and even what is and isn't a good idea. TiTS is kind of a beautiful mess.

    I'd be more down to write something for CoC2 just because, out of the gate, I feel like Savin has a better grasp on his concept and more of a drive to build a game and finish it as opposed to just throwing out bits of whatever when he feels like it or keeping things close to his chest for mysterious reasons that don't become apparent for years, if at all.
     
    #131 balitz Method, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    criticAlls and Nonesuch like this.
  12. princezilla

    princezilla Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2016
    Speaking as someone who actually edits professionally... No. Like, i agreed with a lot of your issues with the character and was mostly on your side when it was just a 'i don't care for this character and this is why' thing independent of offering advice but when it comes to giving advice to a writer the last thing you want to do as an editor is do so in a way that makes them regret let someone else read their work. There's a fine line between being brutally honest and being a dick and you took a running leap and pole vaulted over it. More importantly, all you did was criticize, not once did you offer a suggestion for how to improve the issues you had beyond ''this was bad so you shouldn't do it" which is the single most important job of an editor.
     
    #132 princezilla, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  13. balitz Method

    balitz Method Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2016
    Mainly because I don't think the character itself is salvageable but the writer for the character is.

    So instead I went for the mistakes they made during the conception of the character: adding too many superfluous characters who all sound the same and don't really have a point other than to echo each other, structuring the content like a dating sim instead of content for this game, relying too heavily on schmaltz, hitting the exact same beats you've seen a hundred times before in the exact same way you've seen them done in dating sims and My Do Nut Steele character fanfiction, etc.

    The character is purely those things; if you take that away from her there is no character. That being said, there is a good version of that character somewhere in there and peeling away those bad habits will hopefully reveal it next time the writer takes a crack at something - which is why I mentioned Aina as a good example to look to. That's Fisianna written in the style of this game and in a way that allows the character to feel like a resident of the setting and with a conflict that emphasizes that virginal cute awkwardness without relying on silly visual novel my parents don't get how amazing I am drama.
     
  14. ThePlaceHolder42

    ThePlaceHolder42 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2018
    What a downright silly stance to take when preaching absorbing criticism and self-reflection. I mean, my goodness. All you’ve succeeded in is making a large swath of the creatives on this board not take you seriously and repeatly embarrasing a rather talented up and coming writer FOR NO REASON. Sheesh
     
  15. Kesil

    Kesil Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Though I have been critical of Fisianna and the writing style in the past (I have yet to check the xpac contents), I *think* the character itself is salvageable. If we take away the "b-b-but I'm a v-v-virgin and, huh, erm... a nerd! Yes, I, am, huh, a NERD! And, erm, I am obsessed with, erm, cats!" angle with heavy, unneeded doses of dramalamabama, we still have, at the core, a young character with an interest in technology and moral support. She could end up developing different types of AIs, be it on her own or netting a job in one of those large companies.

    Lkynmbr24 once said that the character was influcenced by the "My Very Own Lith" game. It shows. To add insult to injury, both have this virginal cute awkward archetype I hate to no end (and Fisianna adds more elements I loathe), but a) given how Lkynmbr24 managed to pace the contents, I am confident the writer has a lot of potential and b) who's to say Lkynmbr24 won't write anything that pushes my buttons?
     
    ShySquare and princezilla like this.
  16. MistyBirb

    MistyBirb Harpy Princess
    Creator

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2016
    *sigh*

    Like I said, the worst part of all of this is that I don't even disagree with you that much, you just... say everything you say in a way that makes me feel bad agreeing with you. Not because it's the "harsh truth," but just like... you've got so little tact!

    balitz, I don't like these kinds of things happening in threads, and I've made a concerted effort to avoid wading into these waters for quite a while now. It's why I held my tongue and avoided making a post quoting you sooner than I did. But honestly, I feel like this discussion goes beyond just you and pertains to this thread as a whole. And, to an extent, this community as a whole.

    Just like you see potential being wasted and opportunities for growth being squandered by hobbyist writers surrounding themselves in hug-bubbles or creating sycophant cults, I see potential for good criticism and a means to fight the delusions of grandeur many of these for-fun writers wind up developing being wasted by you.

    Communities of amateur and hobbyist writers like this are so desperate to fill their ranks with editors and analytical critics because it's a job that takes time, effort, and necessitates being the bearer of bad news with regularity. No one wants to do it most of the time. You, however, seem like someone that's more than happy to do so, but your posts leave me wondering if you want to do it because you like critiquing others to help them grow, or if you like critiquing others for some kind of mildly sadistic satisfaction you get from demoralizing people.

    I don't want to keep slamming my head against the brick wall that is your self-confidence regarding this matter, so this is the last post I'm going to make, just because we have a bad habit of running in circles literally until a thread gets locked. I just hope you can see where I and the others that are a bit upset with you are coming from when we say you could be making some changes in the way you deliver your crticism, and, in doing so, drastically improve the odds of you actually helping someone.
     
  17. Lkynmbr24

    Lkynmbr24 Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2016
    Oh. My. Fucking. Lord.

    Since when did this thread turn into a "Critique Fisianna and Lucky" thread? Personally I've been ignoring this topic up to this point ever since Misty actually gave me some decent pointers to improving my character, and stuff to move on, so the fact that this discussion is STILL going on in this thread really baffles me, and moreso just annoys the living fuck out of me.

    Look Ballitz (and somewhat Kesil), I get what you're trying to say, but in honesty, I. No. Longer. Care. As Misty said before, some of your points do have some merit to it, but my god, the persistence that's coming with this to prove your points to me and the others, especially with off-hand comparisons and condescending comments is annoying me more than it is helping. I'm not trying to be a professional writer to win a Pulitzer Prize, and frankly, if I had to deal with editors and critiquers that act as cruelly as this, I wouldn't want to. Yes, I'm strictly writing for the fun of it, being a hobbyist writer doing this on the side, and while I do want to improve on that, I am not the least bit interested in your masochistic approach to it.

    I am not shying away from anything negative anyone has to say either and only listening to the positives. Granted, as nice as it is, I do like my flaws to be pointed out in at least a respectful manner. Misty's was a great example that clearly pointed out the negatives about Fisi, as well as the positives, and gave me a suggestive framework on how I can improve on that with further content. I am extremely happy with her version of what I needed to look out for in the future when writing Fisi, or anything in general. I'm wouldn't continue writing an expac for a character I felt was "unsalvagable" so unless you actually give me ways I can move forward, instead of telling me "this and this is bad, she's unfixable" with the off-handed and hurtful remarks, then I personally won't ever take your opinion seriously. If I had to go to that level where I need to "hurt" to be able to write good, then I'd rather not fucking write at all.

    Now can both of you (ballitz and kesil) just drop it? I'm quite literally done with this stupid argument already.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #137 Lkynmbr24, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  18. herpaderphurr

    herpaderphurr Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2018
    Man, I feel really bad for you Lucky. Don't let one dickhead ruin your day!

    I'd love to see more of your writing enter the game, so please keep up the good work :toot:
     
  19. Kyogoku Drack

    Kyogoku Drack Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2018
    Im still trying to understand why this Special Snowflake is still there and didn't get the ban-hammer, yet.
     
  20. Couch

    Couch Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Because being kind of a dick in one thread is not ban-worthy behavior.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  21. Ethereal Dragon

    Ethereal Dragon Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2015
    There are infractions of course... but yeah you gotta earn quite a few of those in order to be banned. I don't even know if temporary bans are a thing here on these forums, they used to be on the older forums, heck I got a 2 month vacation from the site for shitposting too much back in the day.

    Guess I'll toss my 2 cents in. Doc Badger I don't like period. As for likes... I'm undecided yet lol There are a few in my list but it's very fucking early in the morning and I don't feel like posting that atm.
     
  22. Nonesuch

    Nonesuch Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    He's not even being a dick in the traditional internet sense, just absolutely adhering to what he believes. I also have to say I find pile-ons like this rather distasteful. If you don't think he's saying anything worthwhile, just stop responding to him.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  23. Nik_van_Rijn

    Nik_van_Rijn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2015
    Ditto.
    Out of all the NPCs who are alive and get significant screen time, Kiro is the closest thing Capatain Steele has to someone who can really understand them - and by extention Victor in his early days. Who leads an almost identical lifestyle of a hyper-sexed adventurer, is reasonably sucessful doing so and enjoys it immensely.

    The problems that PC does help Kiro with are personal and small enough in the grand scheme of things to not make the realtionships between them seem unequal. Plus her and Kally are absolutely adorable together, incest or no incest.

    I'd prefer to see any potential further content for Steele and Kiro have them chasing some space booty together, as either partners or frendly rivals. But her cutting into the probe race sounds intriguing, and would likely still be within the 'drama limit' many people here professed to having.
     
    Couch and Kyogoku Drack like this.
  24. SoAndSo

    SoAndSo Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2017
    i like dis girl

    <-----

    erryone else is ok
     
  25. princezilla

    princezilla Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2016
    Mirrin is great and would probably be one of my top three if she would fuck you without you having a vag, my bottom boi wants that dragon D in his booty baaaaad.
     
  26. SoAndSo

    SoAndSo Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2017
    MMMM, I really should finish that expac I was doing. Mebbe have Mirrin-chan appear in a holo vid advert...
     
  27. princezilla

    princezilla Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2016
    Ooooooooo.... I feel like she's teasing me now bc she hits all the best buttons: lizard/dragon girl, top, muscles, actually nice personality...
     
  28. Bloody Pink Panties

    Bloody Pink Panties New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2018
    Most favorites : The ones that are able to impregnate my PC, without being a Dom or an Ass, so ... none
    Least favorites : All the others ....

    *Going back to CoC1*
     
  29. Freed85

    Freed85 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2015
    :yes:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  30. General Drayfox

    General Drayfox Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2016
    Fisianna is perf and I will personally duel anybody who disagrees. She's the main reason I try and steer my characters away from absurdly large dongers.
     
    XBoxMaster131 and Freed85 like this.