favourite and least favourite character in tits.

F

Franks

Favorite: Amara, weirdly enough BECAUSE SHE HAS NO CONTENT OUTSIDE THAT ONE QUEST. After her, Sera.

Least favorite? Dr. Badger.

Reactions: Nora Steele

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
I haven't played the game to its furthest reaches in so long and I don't think I've done any of the Myrellion content. I think I keep waiting for more actual gamey content instead of waifu of the week stuff.

But from what I remember and little bits and pieces of new content in early areas I've played recently I liked Aliss (fun kinda-tease personality with a bit of exhibitionism), Holiday (just something about her shady she's-definitely-conning-you persona), Ogram (just seems like a really chill sort of guy who doesn't really come on too strong like a lot of characters do and his sex scenes don't go over the top, either, and he and Amma are cute and the way they play with Steele is cute, too), Colenso (wish more would be done with him, I like conspiracy nut characters when they're not obnoxious memey things), and Kaede (of the puppyslut kennel she seems the most real and I like that she's got a life and that you just run into her in the course of it and become friends rather than always relating to her through Anno). Also for randos I know everyone likes the female Naleen and I do like her seductive hunter thing but I also really like the male one, he's so tsundere with a perfect mix of it.

Least favorite...Del, I guess (not his fault but I don't like that any interactions you have with him are trying to break him and turn him into a dumb little sissy-boy slut against his will), Prai Ellit (the very definition of trying too hard affected behavior, though I will give the writer points for adding a bit of sadistic content since that signals that there must have been some awareness that this is a person you'd want to bully), Fisianna (this character is p. much My First Fanfiction: the waifu, from the story down to the personality to the friends' personalities and the scenario has all the exact same beats as all those do right down to ~gallantly saving~ the little nerdy cute thing from mean old hittin on her guys; I've just seen this far too many times identically told always with the same level of slightly polished amateur can't-edit-themselves-yet flair), and Dryad (this is just a case of having no sympathy for the character; she screwed herself up with mods to the point of not being able to function in society and is now only barely above a Zill or something - so she can find one of those to fuck her).

Honorable mention minor character likes to Liamme, Khorgan, Aina (this is a good version of both Dryad's situation and Fisianna's character type).

Reactions: princezilla

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
also to go against the grain I like how blatantly Dr. Badger is someone's Mary Sue self insert stuck in clearly as some backer promise or something and how all content revolving around the character is framed as Steele Jr. reluctantly having to put up with them. It's one of those hilariously meta sort of things done right.

Reactions: GrinningMadhatter

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Favorite: Amara, weirdly enough BECAUSE SHE HAS NO CONTENT OUTSIDE THAT ONE QUEST. After her, Sera.

Least favorite? Dr. Badger.

Jay really gave her a bad ass bust. Plus it's like she's the dark side of ol' Tricky Vic.

Reactions: Arcanaloth

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
also to go against the grain I like how blatantly Dr. Badger is someone's Mary Sue self insert stuck in clearly as some backer promise or something and how all content revolving around the character is framed as Steele Jr. reluctantly having to put up with them. It's one of those hilariously meta sort of things done right.

Giving it way too much credit.

TW-Luna

Apr 24, 2017
Like:
Anno, Syri, Kaede - I suppose ausar really scratch that fetish itch for me. It helps that they're well written characters
Fisianna - She's just a lovable character, I'm kinda surprised by how many don't like her.
Paige - I'm not usually into the full morph thing, but Paige has far too much content not to like. The scene where she first sees you with her new eyes is one of the best in the game.

Dislike:
Kiro, Kally, Dr Badger - I'm just not into horse-dicked, overly sexual characters.
Almost all denizens of Myrellion - There are exceptions but for the most part, insect morphs = eww.
Sera, Verush - These two and a few others like them are just assholes.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Characters I'd lock up on my ship to keep forever: Syri, Dr. Lash (he's so serious about his work that it's endearing), Colenso (my conspiracy bro), Riya (kek), Dom Sera, Kiro and Mrs. Reasner.

Honorable mentions: Paige, Anno, Kase, Yammi, Saendra, Erra, Kally, Celise, Shekka.

Dislike: Dr. Badger (so I totally volunteered to be a hero before the warnings were put in), Gil, Peppa Pig and Sub Sera (it's like looking at a declawed cat or defanged cobra)

People I don't know if like or dislike: Reaha.

Reactions: J-Hope Trash

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
I very much doubt that any of that Dr. Badge stuff is intentional but the way it reads vs. the context it's put in gives it that feeling, as if the galaxy itself is just tolerating this thing to the point where the character can be removed entirely is great.

Some people hate Riya for similar reasons but that's an example of that type of character done right. There's nothing wrong with having an abrasive character that the PC can't do anything about, much as it may annoy those who love to play as if they're supposed to be the most important person in the setting, and the best way to introduce that is for a nosy PC to be faced with this when they try to overstep their bounds by trying to punish this character just because they don't like them (i.e. for no real reason). Dr. Badge shoving that in your face, in the introduction scene no less, is wrong in all sorts of ways but it wraps all the way back around by doubling down on the whole character being wrong.

Reactions: GrinningMadhatter

princezilla

Aug 24, 2016
I haven't played the game to its furthest reaches in so long and I don't think I've done any of the Myrellion content. I think I keep waiting for more actual gamey content instead of waifu of the week stuff.

But from what I remember and little bits and pieces of new content in early areas I've played recently I liked Aliss (fun kinda-tease personality with a bit of exhibitionism), Holiday (just something about her shady she's-definitely-conning-you persona), Ogram (just seems like a really chill sort of guy who doesn't really come on too strong like a lot of characters do and his sex scenes don't go over the top, either, and he and Amma are cute and the way they play with Steele is cute, too), Colenso (wish more would be done with him, I like conspiracy nut characters when they're not obnoxious memey things), and Kaede (of the puppyslut kennel she seems the most real and I like that she's got a life and that you just run into her in the course of it and become friends rather than always relating to her through Anno). Also for randos I know everyone likes the female Naleen and I do like her seductive hunter thing but I also really like the male one, he's so tsundere with a perfect mix of it.

Least favorite...Del, I guess (not his fault but I don't like that any interactions you have with him are trying to break him and turn him into a dumb little sissy-boy slut against his will), Prai Ellit (the very definition of trying too hard affected behavior, though I will give the writer points for adding a bit of sadistic content since that signals that there must have been some awareness that this is a person you'd want to bully), Fisianna (this character is p. much My First Fanfiction: the waifu, from the story down to the personality to the friends' personalities and the scenario has all the exact same beats as all those do right down to ~gallantly saving~ the little nerdy cute thing from mean old hittin on her guys; I've just seen this far too many times identically told always with the same level of slightly polished amateur can't-edit-themselves-yet flair), and Dryad (this is just a case of having no sympathy for the character; she screwed herself up with mods to the point of not being able to function in society and is now only barely above a Zill or something - so she can find one of those to fuck her).

Honorable mention minor character likes to Liamme, Khorgan, Aina (this is a good version of both Dryad's situation and Fisianna's character type).
Yeah I really get the exact same feel from Fisianna.. all her content feels like it doesn't even belong in the genre let alone the setting, like a fanfic or slice of life romance anime.

Wait is /that/ really the story behind Badger? I always wondered wjwh was up with her because everyone seems to hate her and she feels really out of place yet she's gotten a lot of attention including one of the very first quests added to the game.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Dr. Badger started as a female fursona for DatBadger. Over time (2012 or so), she got male bits. I don't know how she ended up in the game. Who knows if it had to do with Fen liking bimbo contents. Abe E. Seedy wrote the contents.

But I take the hatred people feel toward her (I just dislike her cartoony villain moods) stems from how, back when she was added, the "Be Hero" option consequences weren't properly stressed nor the way to avoid them. A "Turn Tables" option was written, but ultimately rejected. Perhaps, people feel there should be a way to have Steele prevail. I wonder if Riya hatred is related to this sentiment...

Last edited:

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
The Classics: Geoff, Colenso, Una, Fazian, Gene, Sera, Carrie + Cora, Estie + Cruff, Gel Zon, Ara Kei, Hand So, Ramis, Quinn and Able

The Stinkers: All of the others. Total filler material
Y'know, there's something familiar about you...

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
A "Turn Tables" option was written, but ultimately rejected. Perhaps, people feel there should be a way to have Steele prevail.
Uh, is that different than the "Turn Tables" option for the quest where you Bimbofy Penny?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I think so. It was written by JimThermic, if I can recall correctly. I take it was lost alongside the previous forum incarnation unless this GDoc salvaged it before Jim deleted all of his.

moobere

May 19, 2017
Uh, is that different than the "Turn Tables" option for the quest where you Bimbofy Penny?
No, the "Turn Tables" option is just turning her into a bimbo...funny thing all this talk about Dr.B makes me wonder about the few items in the Pexia quest that isn't in the game yet.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Pexia quest was a good reason not to hate Dr. Badger as much. But after exhausting her content I saw no reason to not bimbofy Badger. It's like finding out a Bethesda npc you don't care for is carrying a legendary weapon...

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Fisianna (this character is p. much My First Fanfiction: the waifu, from the story down to the personality to the friends' personalities and the scenario has all the exact same beats as all those do right down to ~gallantly saving~ the little nerdy cute thing from mean old hittin on her guys; I've just seen this far too many times identically told always with the same level of slightly polished amateur can't-edit-themselves-yet flair)

This is why I constantly ask for (constructive) criticism and feedback while I am in the process of writing so I can hopefully avoid some common pitfalls. Yes, I'm an amateur as fuck writer, and am trying to improve. Yes, she was my first EVER time writing any sort of fictional material. I've SAID this MULTIPLE times, thanks for painfully pointing that out. I can take a tip, and a suggestion or two for ways to improve on writing and character concept, but there's no need to be so damn condescending either with the last part. That just pisses me off more than anything.

For thread continuity...
Favorites: Hard to say, but usually characters that I have to work to love, like Emmy, or Reaha are tops for me.

Least Favorite: I... don't have a least favorite per say, but I kinda dislike most characters with an asshole-dom trope. (Sorry, I'm a hopeless romantic at heart...)

Last edited:

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
Hmm, tough decisions...

Faves: Dane (ideally I'd like his follower xpac to have an option to give him a regular dick though), Jack (I have exceptionally bad taste in whiny asshole men), Yancy (rip preghopes with no JimT) and Yoma (my boy).

Neutrals: Riya (I dislike her personality immensely, but her writing is good and her sex scenes play very well to my kinks), Lane (I like mind control a lot, but he just lacks something for me), Estie&Cruff (mind control again, but not enough content yet for me to form enough of an opinion), Jerryn (I do love a good dom(me), but her content gets a bit too extreme towards the end for me to enjoy it) and Dr Lash (they're useful and have an interesting personality, but just don't have much content).

Dislikes: Kiro (sorry Fen, but introducing us to her with massively oversized balls permanently turned me off) and Gil (despite liking c-boys a lot he just does nothing for me, on top of kind of being a dick and the only characters I go buy pupper poppers with don't have the right junk to access his sex scenes //shrugs//)

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Some people hate Riya for similar reasons but that's an example of that type of character done right. There's nothing wrong with having an abrasive character that the PC can't do anything about, much as it may annoy those who love to play as if they're supposed to be the most important person in the setting, and the best way to introduce that is for a nosy PC to be faced with this when they try to overstep their bounds by trying to punish this character just because they don't like them (i.e. for no real reason). Dr. Badge shoving that in your face, in the introduction scene no less, is wrong in all sorts of ways but it wraps all the way back around by doubling down on the whole character being wrong.

Again I disagree with you quite strongly, but I'd rather not get into it because I'd sooner not transform this thread into another all-out war over Riya.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
and Dryad (this is just a case of having no sympathy for the character; she screwed herself up with mods to the point of not being able to function in society and is now only barely above a Zill or something - so she can find one of those to fuck her).

I can't be mad at the truth

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
For thread continuity...
Favorites: Hard to say, but usually characters that I have to work to love, like Emmy, or Reaha are tops for me.
:yes: Always love the one's like that!

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
I am unable to pick a faveorit, trough I belive Reaha and Briha would be up there...

And about he least faveorit Character well, surprisingly it is not Badger, I like it to much to despise her, which is propably all good I can say about her.
It is propably harder to say who i like the least then the most, which I am allready unable to do... Mabbs

Last edited:

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Favorites: Aina, Six gallon Sylvie(When you make Sylvie a Futaur, but I like her when she's fem too), Usha, the Dryad, Yammi, Natalie, Nenne, Mirrin.

Ones I kinda dislike: Penny, Kiro, Zaalt, Riya(I don't completely hate her, but hate her hard ass dungeon when you come across her at lvl7, I don't mind the racism she has, in fact, I'm kinda glad there are more racist like her and Sera hating furries makes the game a little more immersive in my opinion)

Who I hate: Mabbs because she sells only fucking throbb and Gush then you can't call her a rat bastard for only having that. quadomme enemies because of how tough the battles with them can be and the spider webs they use. Gil because he just wants you to buy him poppers so he can transform, I like keeping my money for myself and even if he's paying for them

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
Favorites: Syri, Anno, Saendra, Kaede, Cass, Sylvie, Chrissy, Emmy, Sera, Kase, and Nayna

In-betweeners: Kiro, Kally, Ellie, Dr. Lash, Riya, Nessa, Kara, Carrie+Cora, and Aina

Disliked: Dr. Badger, Queen Taivra, Big T, Gil, and Zephyr

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Favorites: Reaha, because I like cowgirls and I like seeing New Texas from a different perspective. Jade, because she mixes sexy and cuddly really damn well. Atha, because Atha. :D

Least favorites: Dr. Badger because her whole thing is "if you say one wrong thing, I'm going to irrevocably change your PC" in a game that's kind of all about choosing how you want to change yourself. Shep Darnock, because I can't stand fuckheads who use their religion to justify treating other people bad, especially the whole thing with manipulating a native species. I know he's got a quest and all that, but I visited him once before then and he pissed me off so much I never went back.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
This is an example of What Not To Do when attempting to perform constructive criticism.
This is why I constantly ask for (constructive) criticism and feedback while I am in the process of writing so I can hopefully avoid some common pitfalls. Yes, I'm an amateur as fuck writer, and am trying to improve. Yes, she was my first EVER time writing any sort of fictional material. I've SAID this MULTIPLE times, thanks for painfully pointing that out. I can take a tip, and a suggestion or two for ways to improve on writing and character concept, but there's no need to be so damn condescending either with the last part. That just pisses me off more than anything.
It should hurt a little. No, it should hurt a lot.

That's how you cut through people mindlessly praising you like you're doing everything right when you know, at least on some level, that you're just winging it and they just happen to like the aesthetics of what you're doing. And the toughest thing to learn isn't avoiding common pitfalls but how to be your own harshest destructive critic - because you also need to be your own editor and the editor in you needs to be able to say "I don't care how much you like this part, it adds nothing and it needs to go" or "this has been done a million times before, scrap it and take it in a new direction". Everyone starts out in that phase where they write everything down that comes to mind and, inevitably, end up doing too much. Developing a sense of pacing and learning how long is too long to get to the point and a sense of whether a line or a scene has any point at all is creating that editor inside you that needs to be there; people around here might clean up your typos but not many are going to say to your face that you need to get rid of a whole paragraph or word something differently.

You're not going to know what you're doing for quite a while but what you need to keep going is thick skin, not just because others may be harsh but because you need to be harsh enough with yourself to overcome feelings of sunk cost (I spent three hours writing this so I -need- to keep it in) so you can cut something that needs to be cut without losing your motivation.

Now that said someone else gave you a solid criticism here, too: the character feels very out of place in the setting and that was definitely on you for taking inspiration from dating sim writing. You were visibly trying too hard to make it like one of those and not hard enough to make the character and the scenes fit the setting. Going in you have to take into account that everyone in TiTS is inconceivably horny - it's why Aina, a similar personality type, works but your character doesn't. She's every bit the bashful virgin but at the same time she's losing her giant dildos and going into heat. That small bit of incongruous juxtaposition is instantly more interesting than the whole cliche-ridden backstory you wrote for your character. That's what's meant when people say less is more: you don't always need an extensive apparatus for the character to work off of (rather it's actually -harder- to manage those so it's better to wait until you're more skilled before you go taking on a character with that many moving parts) or a big dramatic reveal of an oh-so-painful past (that's where the amateur smell of fanfiction writing starts to choke out the decent parts); if the character has had a hard life it's often more interesting to let it speak through their behavior than it is to sit down and actually detail it, especially if the characters are supposed to be dating. The whole dating your therapist aspect of dating sims really only works inside the world and logic of dating sims.

Number two on the big list of things that give it that certain feeling would be how you include a bunch of friends whose only real purpose is to constantly talk about your character, provide exposition about her, and generally come off as if their wallflower friend is the center of their existence. If you're writing scenes with a group the group should have a dynamic and, in a more freeform game like this, ideally have their own content. Think of Anno and Kaede: Kaede doesn't just exist to tell you things about Anno or hype her up, she exists as her own person and has her own scenes as well as a dynamic with Anno that isn't just "constantly agreeable and supportive". She also has her own scenes. If you're writing for a game like this where almost everyone can be fucked you have to consider a player who doesn't like your precious but finds one of your tertiary characters interesting. If you don't want to write scenes where they're more than someone who jerks off your baby then do you really need them? Should three be combined into two or one? Should they be cut?

Moving forward you should take these sorts of things into consideration when you're hammering out initial concepts (and then start in on different ways the player character may want to interact with them; that's probably the biggest difference from on-rails dating sim writing).