CoCEd - A save editor

TheTrueHamsteak

Oct 14, 2016
Hey, I was wondering what the raw data value was for Ceraph piercings? Even by removing the physical piercings, the effect still remains. What would be the actual value?

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
If you are referring to the actual effect codes, (1= exhibitionism,  2= bondage, and 3= pacifism).  It's Flag 23.  Just set to '0' to remove effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryujin

Mar 22, 2016
Hey guys can someone help me in some way with advice or a solution to CoC_1.0.2_mod_1.3.24b.swf  not loading up a edited save from CoCEd-1.3.1? The save was edited by "saving to file" then editing successfully (opening external>opening save>editing>save as>external>overwriting previous save) then trying to open in CoC_1.0.2_mod_1.3.24b.swf then just freezes.

Downloaded CoC_1.0.2_mod_1.3.25.swf, used same method as above and still wont let me load up save, also want to mention that I am using mac (and am using VMware Fusion so I have windows 7 on my mac) I have used CoCed before and it was working fine. Another thing I have found out is I am able to successfully load and play a save edited from LocalWithNet (Chrome) save, just not one edited from import.

megabozoman

Nov 4, 2016
[CoCEd: 1.3.1.28497]
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS0014: Required file 'alink.dll' could not be found

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
   at CoCEd.Model.XmlData.LoadXml(String xmlFile) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\Model\XmlData.cs:line 43
   at CoCEd.App.Initialize() in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\App.xaml.cs:line 84
   at CoCEd.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\App.xaml.cs:line 36
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Averonis

Nov 5, 2016
how do you put in a file?, i am new to this ;~;

I can't do anything. It's frozen the only buttons that work are open (which i thought would be for opening game saves, was not the case) and update. Help.

Edit: Nevermind, solved it.

how do you do it? I have no idea

how do you put in a file?, i am new to this ;~;

how do you do it? I have no idea

nvm got it

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@TheMadExile I've been wondering since that matter start to showing up more frequently for me in recent days: WOuld it be possibe you are willing to include in modded saves range also saves for Xianxia mod for CoC?

Reactions: nox bellua

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
@TheMadExile I've been wondering since that matter start to showing up more frequently for me in recent days: WOuld it be possibe you are willing to include in modded saves range also saves for Xianxia mod for CoC?
In general, I'm not opposed to supporting saves from Xianxia CoC.

That said, I've never tried it, so I'm not really sure how much work would be involved. How different is Xianxia compared to Vanilla and/or Revamp code wise? I would rather not get into another situation like with Revamp where a) I have to write entirely separate code paths for the mod—especially within the UI—and b) I have to keep track of all the changes myself—because digging through a mod's codebase to figure out what is different from Vanilla is a PITA.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Is there a way to get the save editor on android??
No. It's a Windows only application.

Assuming you have a computer, other than your Android device, that runs Windows, you may be able to move your saves to your computer, edit them there, then move them back to your Android device. I've never done it myself, so I cannot offer guidance with that unfortunately.

Kodoku

Sep 10, 2015
In general, I'm not opposed to supporting saves from Xianxia CoC.

That said, I've never tried it, so I'm not really sure how much work would be involved. How different is Xianxia compared to Vanilla and/or Revamp code wise? I would rather not get into another situation like with Revamp where a) I have to write entirely separate code paths for the mod—especially within the UI—and b) I have to keep track of all the changes myself—because digging through a mod's codebase to figure out what is different from Vanilla is a PITA.
I can use the the editor on the xiana mode with no apparent consequences. The save is relatively stable. I think the only addition that needs to be made is updated the flag library and what not.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@TheMadExile It's based in majority on Revamp so codewise it's not different form it (well I started t work when it was still before those huge code refactoring changes Kitteh made so it's now more similar to vanilla). As Wicas said there is mostly addition of new flags. As for updates I have no trouble to give them. As far I recall Kitteh meantiond about some specific file made for you to use to update editor to work with updated version(s), right?

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
It's based in majority on Revamp so codewise it's not different form it (well I started t work when it was still before those huge code refactoring changes Kitteh made so it's now more similar to vanilla).
That's not really helpful. Kitteh made several subtle save compatibility breaking changes early on, so your in-between situation would absolutely require that I check Xianxia's codebase. It would have been better if Xianxia were either fully Vanilla or Revamp save compatible.

Still, as far as I know, all of Revamp's instances of breakage are handled within CoCEd, so as long as you haven't made any new breaking changes since, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me to cross check them in Xianxia's codebase.

One thing that would be required is some way to differentiate Xianxia saves from either Vanilla or Revamp saves. For example, currently, CoCEd differentiates between Vanilla and Revamp via the latter's "hunger" property, which doesn't exist within Vanilla saves.

As far I recall Kitteh meantiond about some specific file made for you to use to update editor to work with updated version(s), right?
No. Kitteh hacked together a Revamp-specific XML data file for users to use with CoCEd, back before I made the push to include native support for both Vanilla and Revamp. At the time it was initially created, it fit Revamp better than the default Vanilla XML data file. Since that time, however, I've added native support for Revamp to CoCEd and have tried to keep up its own Revamp XML data file up to date.

The last time I checked, which was during the last release cycle of CoCEd, Kitteh's Revamp XML data file was out of date, both with Revamp itself and updates I've made to the Vanilla data which it should also reflect. No one should be using Kitteh's Revamp XML data file at this point.

Beyond that, Kitteh has never made any attempt to keep me in the loop about changes of which I'd need to know to keep CoCEd updated. Specifically, I've never been notified when changes which break save compatibility have been made—which absolutely require code changes in CoCEd—let alone about things which do not break save compatibility—data only changes, like item/perk/flag additions. That said, neither Kitteh nor anyone else is required to keep me in the loop, of course, but their lackadaisical approach does not make it any easier for me to support Revamp when I have to go through the repo's commit history with a fine tooth comb every bloody time a release of Revamp is made.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ohh ok well I not knew some of of this facts. Well tbh almsot all I heard was from Kitteh himself talking so...I admit my understanding of keeping up to daye compatibility of CoCED with mod is lacking. As for defining thing...I would say Xianxia saves got Soulforce resource that is similar to HP/FAt or hunger. So this one value can be made as point to make CoC ED know if it's Xianxia or other mod save file.

MysteryBlob

May 8, 2016
I would like to repeat my question regarding the egg count when you possess a Spider Ovipositor. Is the amount of eggs you have editable, and if so where do I edit them?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yes their is possible to edit them. Either Bee or Spider one egg count is kept as 1st value in perks for Bee or Spider Ovipositor. As game say how high is first of four values for one of those perks it would mean how many eggs PC have atm.

MysteryBlob

May 8, 2016
Yes their is possible to edit them. Either Bee or Spider one egg count is kept as 1st value in perks for Bee or Spider Ovipositor. As game say how high is first of four values for one of those perks it would mean how many eggs PC have atm.
That worked, thank you.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
As for defining thing...I would say Xianxia saves got Soulforce resource that is similar to HP/FAt or hunger. So this one value can be made as point to make CoC ED know if it's Xianxia or other mod save file.
Soulforce does indeed sound like something I can use.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Code for mod on github or in form or zip would be more usefull for you to allow CoCED work without troubles with Xianxia saves?

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Code for mod on github or in form or zip would be more usefull for you to allow CoCED work without troubles with Xianxia saves?
I made a local fork of its GitHub repository when you first asked about Xianxia support in CoCEd.

Good news is that I was able to put an hour or so into Xianxia support just now and have CoCEd differentiating between Vanilla, Revamp, and Xianxia saves. Now I just have to write the special handling, since Xianxia differs from both Vanilla and Revamp, and write its data file. Bad news is that I have appointments all this week, so it may be a while before I can get to any of that.

Speaking of the data file. If anyone has an up to date Xianxia data file they'd like to share which I could use to help write CoCEd's official one, I wouldn't say no.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@TheMadExile WHat you mean by data file? I would try to give it to you but...I not 100% sure about what type of data file you thinking.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
While there are hard-coded elements to CoCEd's support of any CoC-based game, most of the things related to characters are stored within XML data files. CoCEd currently ships with two: one for Vanilla CoC and one for Revamp CoC.

While I haven't yet had time to dive into the code, I've been assuming that Xianxia CoC adds data (body parts, items, perks, flags, etc) that are either not in the other supported games or have different values, so it will need its own data file. In the current CoCEd release, Xianxia saves are identified as Revamp saves and thus use its data file.

If no one has customized a data file for Xianxia, then it's not a big deal, as I'll get around to it. I was simply hoping to save myself a little work.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Would talk to Kitteh and if it's something easy to make would do it over next 2-3 days. Or eventualy in other way help you. I rather want to be somehow helpfull to let people have support of Xianxia when using CoCED.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
It'll probably be easier for me to just look at the code and compile it from that. I'll have to do that to verify the data's correctness regardless.

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
Is there a way to make this work for the mobile version?

As TheMadExile has previously posted, this is a 'Windows Only' application, so it would require coding completely new versions (for each mobile OS).

The simplest editing option, currently, would be to copy the desired saved game file (such as CoC_1.sol) from your mobile device over to the PC and edit it there. Then copy the edited file back to the mobile device.

Of course, all of that depends on whether you can access the storage location on your mobile device (i.e you have SuperUser rights access by either rooting (for Android) or 'jailbreaking' (for Apple) the device. If I can find a fool-proof method for 'rooting' my Samsung devices, I could give it a go and let you know if that method at least works.

Unfortunately, during initial power-on and device setup, Samsung automatically downloaded and installed the Update from Android 4.2.2 to Android 4.4.2 with KNOX and their bootloader lock, on both my Galaxy Tab 4 and Galaxy S4, before I could access the control panel to turn off "automatic updates"... And I won't buy another Samsung product because of it!

Reactions: Vaalintine

seden

Nov 8, 2016
Is there any plan for the editor to be made compatile for a Linux use ? As the game himself run fine, it would be great (not knowing of the requirements, that is).

Thanks TheMadExile, already had used the editor when over PC for quite some time, its quite nice to see that a fork for the mods has been made.