CoCEd - A save editor

magnus4fun

Jun 6, 2016
I cannot seem to find a way to change the corruption level of Venus (The giant turtle-morph in the Lake) in the editor. :)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I cannot seem to find a way to change the corruption level of Venus (The giant turtle-morph in the Lake) in the editor. :)

If you meant to change if she gigantess female or futa turtle gal look on what value is factory flag: is it on overload or shutdown set ;)

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Not going to happen—at least, I'm not doing it.

That said.  Is it possible with the current codebase (C# and WPF)?  Sort of, yeah.  The backend save manipulation could be done using the current codebase on a, probably Mono-backed, webserver—which I don't have handy and am not paying for.  The UI code, on the other hand, would have to be ported to Silverlight, or whatever it is they're calling their web framework now, or completely rewritten in HTML/CSS/JavaScript—it would be a pain either way.  At that point, however, you're probably better off simply writing a Flash-based editor and being done with it.  Using the current codebase as the basis for a web-based version is a waste of time and resources.

Kodoku

Sep 10, 2015
[CoCEd: 1.2.23.15999]
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred loading a configuration file: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\John T\AppData\Local\CoCEd\CoCEd.exe_Url_b35a1nitpecacu2mlnhng0yv25yidoa4\1.2.23.15999\user.config' because it is being used by another process. (C:\Users\John T\AppData\Local\CoCEd\CoCEd.exe_Url_b35a1nitpecacu2mlnhng0yv25yidoa4\1.2.23.15999\user.config) ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\John T\AppData\Local\CoCEd\CoCEd.exe_Url_b35a1nitpecacu2mlnhng0yv25yidoa4\1.2.23.15999\user.config' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticOpenStreamForRead(String streamName)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName, Boolean assertPermissions)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.FindSection(String[] keys, SectionXmlInfo sectionXmlInfo, Int32& lineNumber)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionXmlReader(String[] keys, SectionInput input)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.EvaluateOne(String[] keys, SectionInput input, Boolean isTrusted, FactoryRecord factoryRecord, SectionRecord sectionRecord, Object parentResult)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.Evaluate(FactoryRecord factoryRecord, SectionRecord sectionRecord, Object parentResult, Boolean getLkg, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.GetConfigSection(Configuration config, String sectionName, Boolean declare)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.WriteSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isRoaming, IDictionary newSettings)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.SetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyValueCollection values)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SaveCore()
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.Save()
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.Save()
   at CoCEd.MainWindow.SaveSizeAndState() in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 133
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireSizeChangedEvents()
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.SetLayoutSize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisualInternal(Visual value)
   at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisual()
   at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisualAndUpdateSTC()
   at System.Windows.Window.SetupInitialState(Double requestedTop, Double requestedLeft, Double requestedWidth, Double requestedHeight)
   at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Ensure that no CoCEd processes are running—reboot if you have to—then delete the "C:\Users\John T\AppData\Local\CoCEd" directory and everything in it.

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
I know this is going to be a question I'll likely get flamed over... But is there any way to get older versions of CoCEd?  I had versions 1.0.2 thru 1.2.15 archived but suffered an HDD lose, and old versions have never been archived on Sourceforge.  I'd be grateful to re-acquire the last few versions that did not require DotNet 4, especially.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
I don't think there's ever been a version of CoCEd which didn't target the .NET 4 Client Profile—which is somewhat less demanding than the full .NET 4.  I certainly don't remember any, at any rate.  Maybe some of the very early versions?

Regardless, you shouldn't be using those anyway.  Within the time period that I know CoCEd had started targeting .NET 4 Client Profile, if it always hadn't, CoC underwent several save format changes.  Unless you're playing ungodly ancient versions of CoC, using one of those CoCEd versions will damage your saves.

I reserve the right to have a faulty memory.  :)

EDIT:  Just checked the repository.  As far back as CoCEd version 1.0 required .NET 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
Thanks TheMadExile.  Perhaps it's my memory that's faulty.  I didn't think I had .Net Framework 4 installed when I first started using CoCEd.  But then, when I first started playing the older versions of CoC, I was using Minerva to do the edits... so that might be the difference. 

Anyway, the reason I was seeking to reacquire the old CoCEd versions is because I still have my archive of the old CoC versions themselves and I previously discovered that, after a particular version of CoC (don't recall which), Minerva was suddenly corrupting the edited Save files.  That was when I finally started using CoCEd as the editor. 

I didn't really expect that anyone might have archived them , as I did (okay, so I'm a hoarder-personality), but was hoping they were still somewhere online.  The "Wayback Machine" site had the snapshot of the Sourceforge pages for CoCEd but the linked downloads weren't captured. Oh weil, it's not biggie.  Thaks for the response, tho.  :D

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
@TheMadExile, I just realized that you mentioned a 'repository' of the old CoCEd versions.  I don't suppose that it would be possible for me to access it to retrieve the old versions I'm seeking, is there?  Using Minerva is a hassle when you don't know which 'flags' are for what feature on CoC versions that are 2-3 years old. 

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
I was referring to the GitHub source code repository.  While it does contain binary packages for all builds since CoCEd moved there, those only go back to v1.2.18.

Is there some reason you don't want to install the .NET 4 Client Profile (or the full profile)?

iwtwp99

Sep 9, 2016
I remember that an old version (really old) of the save editor allowed adding XP. Is there a plan to add such a feature again? Is it there and I'm simply blind? If the answer to both questions is no, is there a way I can cheat XP without complex coding?

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
I was referring to the GitHub source code repository.  While it does contain binary packages for all builds since CoCEd moved there, those only go back to v1.2.18.

Is there some reason you don't want to install the .NET 4 Client Profile (or the full profile)?

No special reason, really.  I just don't like .Net on principle.  But then, I've come to hate anything that Mcirosoft touches or creates, the gross overuse of JavaScript as a web development tool, and expecially HTML5 (which makes JavaScript the standard tool for web-dev)  :(

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
I remember that an old version (really old) of the save editor allowed adding XP. Is there a plan to add such a feature again? Is it there and I'm simply blind? If the answer to both questions is no, is there a way I can cheat XP without complex coding?

By XP, I assume you mean experience points?  Since the option is missing from recent versions of CoCEd, I would suggest using Minerva to edit the .sol save file.  While the 'flags' for the various "Perks" and items aren't specifically identified (as with the CoCEd game editor), things like XP is listed and easy to locate.  :)

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015

I have no plans to add the ability to edit XP again, no.  That said, you can edit your character's levels, so allowing XP to be edited would rather redundant.

ZemogB

Sep 22, 2016
For whatever reason, my computer is saying that this contains a trojan virus. its never said that before, ive used this once or twice in the past and this is just strange to me that its randomly saying that it has a trojan virus.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
What, are you posting this everywhere?  I've already responded to the issue you created on the repository.

Anyway.  If you knew how many false positives legitimate software developers have to put up with, you wouldn't be surprised.

The code contains no viruses or malware—it's in a public GitHub repository so that can be verified.  The releases are hosted within its GitHub repository, so the chance of a 3rd-party being able to taint a release is small.

Also, what version?  I just downloaded the latest release, v1.3.1, from GitHub and scanned it at https://www.virustotal.com and received no positives at all.  My local anti-virus/-malware also didn't so much as twitch.

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
Yep... And it also depends on what antivirus/antimalware program is being used.  Some are more prone to throwning 'false positives' than others. 

ZemogB

Sep 22, 2016
Strange, the latest version doesn't seem to work due to google chrome saying it detects a virus, yet the version before it works without problems. Perhaps its something to do with whatever makes up that extra kilobyte in the latest download, Ill stick with this version until the next release.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
As I said on CoCEd's issue tracker.  I think we've established that CoCEd is not the problem here.  Obviously, something on your system has changed, since you stated that you were able to use it before without issues.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what might have changed.

The best I can offer is to suggest that you ensure your AV/M definitions are up to date—you didn't note which version of Windows you're using, however, if its Win XP, then MSE no longer supports your OS—and, perhaps, that your .NET 4 install is not damaged/corrupted.

Regardless.  Whatever the problem happens to be, everything so far points to it being on your end.

ZemogB

Sep 22, 2016
Alright, well I'll stop bugging you about it. Thanks for everything you've provided so far, I'm thankful for the advice you provided.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Seeing that it's probably a MSE definition issue, I've submitted a complaint with Microsoft contesting MSE's classification of CoCEd.  We'll see where that goes.

iwtwp99

Sep 9, 2016
I have no plans to add the ability to edit XP again, no.  That said, you can edit your character's levels, so allowing XP to be edited would rather redundant.

What I - as someone who only uses the editor to avoid grinding - liked about the XP editing, is that it allowed me to fake natural progression very easily.  Not that it's your problem, but I'm extremly obsessive compulsive about stuff like that. The level editing changes only two values, so I have to add perk points and stat points manually. Still, thank you for the answer. 

By XP, I assume you mean experience points?  Since the option is missing from recent versions of CoCEd, I would suggest using Minerva to edit the .sol save file.  While the 'flags' for the various "Perks" and items aren't specifically identified (as with the CoCEd game editor), things like XP is listed and easy to locate.  :)

Thank you. Maybe I'll try that.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Seeing that it's probably a MSE definition issue, I've submitted a complaint with Microsoft contesting MSE's classification of CoCEd.  We'll see where that goes.

According to Microsoft, this little snafu of theirs should be resolved in a new definition update.

ZemogB

Sep 22, 2016
Yeah, Its been fixed. Thanks for reporting that! I can finally use the latest version again.