CoCEd - A save editor

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
How Do i get it to Work? i wanna be able to be able to bring down my speed for some of the scenes please help :3

Did you read the install instructions?  After that, simply run the CoCEd executable.  If you're looking for something more specific, be more specific with your inquiry.

Is there a way to mess with the ascension things? I mean ranks/stats boost
If you edit the stats too high they just drop back to their cap

Yes.  The ascension "things" are perks, so you'll find them under the Perks tab (tip: search for "ascension" on the Perks tab).

Furrin Gok

Dec 28, 2015
Trying to find achievements through the RAW tab can be a bit difficult. Would it break the vanilla game's editing ability to add an Achievements tab, or is that something doable?

Sep 4, 2015
Did you read the install instructions?  After that, simply run the CoCEd executable.  If you're looking for something more specific, be more specific with your inquiry.

Yes.  The ascension "things" are perks, so you'll find them under the Perks tab (tip: search for "ascension" on the Perks tab).

I meant as in Ascension points to distribute, their ranks, times beaten the game aka NG** and status cap.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Trying to find achievements through the RAW tab can be a bit difficult. Would it break the vanilla game's editing ability to add an Achievements tab, or is that something doable?

Doable?  Yes.  Likely to be done?  No.  I have no motivation to do so anyway.  C'mon, they're achievements for Pete's sake.

I meant as in Ascension points to distribute, their ranks, times beaten the game aka NG** and status cap.
  1. I haven't looked into ascension, so I could be wrong, however, I doubt you get points to spend that would be stored into the saves.
  2. The rank of each perk is stored in value #1, as is noted within the category title (i.e. "change value #1 to set ranks").  Did you not bother to look at them?
  3. For the NG+ counter, you'll need to edit the CoCEd.DataRevampMod.xml file that comes with CoCEd.  Near the bottom, you'll see flag ID 2979 ("NEW_GAME_PLUS_LEVEL").  Uncomment it by removing the "!-- ", at the front, and " --", at the back.  Restart CoCEd and the flag should be visible and editable.
  4. What status cap?  If you're talking about the caps on the basic stats, like Strength, then those are not stored within the saves.  They're hard-coded within the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sep 4, 2015
  1. The rank of each perk is stored in value #1, as is noted within the category title (i.e. "change value #1 to set ranks").  Did you not bother to look at them?

Its not bothering to look at them, the magnifier is hidden and only appears after you select the perk and hover the mouse in it, Its also kinda hard to notice due to its size. Anyway what the other 3 values does?

1. What status cap?  If you're talking about the caps on the basic stats, like Strength, then those are not stored within the saves.  They're hard-coded within the game.

Ok. I asked because in NG+ you get a status cap boost.

Thanks for the rest.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Its not bothering to look at them, the magnifier is hidden and only appears after you select the perk and hover the mouse in it, Its also kinda hard to notice due to its size. Anyway what the other 3 values does?

The other values are unused, as far as I know.  Only a handful of perks use more than one of their four values, most don't use any of them.

Ok. I asked because in NG+ you get a status cap boost.

Ah.  Those stat cap boosts are based on the NG+ counter flag.  They're hard-coded as 25 * NEW_GAME_PLUS_LEVEL, which is itself capped at 4.  So, each point in NEW_GAME_PLUS_LEVEL, up to a max of 4, raises the stat max by 25.

My previous post describes how to enable editing of that particular flag.  I suppose that I should enable it by default in future releases.  Actually, I suppose I could publish a release for New Years.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Published CoCEd 1.2.22 ( download page of the latest CoCEd release )

General highlights:

• Some reorganization and cleanup of both data files.

CoC-Revamp-Mod v1.3.7 specific highlights:

• Updated the CoCEd.DataRevampMod.xml data file for v1.3.7.
  • Hyper breasts are supported.
  • Biped/quadruped leg configurations are supported for various lower body types.

Ironclad

Dec 5, 2015
The tooltip for boolean 534 EMBER_INTERNAL_DICK* is reversed. 1 should be internal, 0 should be external

Also found a glitch with the penis piercings. It will only save the correct values for whichever penis is displayed when you hit save. All the others will default to none or Amethyst for whatever piercing type you chose.

Nythias

Jan 3, 2016
I can't get this to work with my Revamp Mod save. :(

[CoCEd: 1.2.22.34294]
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '635885651582312588.bak' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.Delete()
   at CoCEd.Model.FileManager.TryDeleteIdenticalFile(String sourcePath, FileInfo[] existingFiles) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\Model\FileManager.cs:line 386
   at CoCEd.Model.FileManager.CreateBackup(String sourcePath) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\Model\FileManager.cs:line 358
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.VM.Load(String path, SerializationFormat expectedFormat, Boolean createBackup) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 118
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.ImportRootVM.OnClick() in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\FilesVM.cs:line 255
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Can you help with this? I can't load my save at all into the editor

View attachment Ethan.coc

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
I can't get this to work with my Revamp Mod save. :(

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '635885651582312588.bak' is denied.
   […]

The attached save loads fine for me.  If you meant that you don't see it via Import, you need to chose the correct format.

The error message isn't specifically related to your save.  It means that for some reason CoCEd was denied access to its application data directory—specifically, during an access to one of its save backups.  As to why, I can't say.  Hazarding a guess, it's probably because of AV—though it could just be a glitch.  As something to try: with CoCEd not running, go to %LocalAppData% (in Explorer or via Run), then delete the CoCEd directory.

Nythias

Jan 3, 2016
I don't understand that. >_>

What if it was because it came from the mobile version? Though I'll still try what you suggest.

Uhm... I don't have a directory file. Unless you mean the app itself.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
There's nothing wrong with the save itself—I edited it perfectly fine, as I noted previously.  While I don't think it should cause a problem, I'd suggest not trying to open the file in CoCEd directly from your mobile device—copy it to your computer, edit it, then copy it back.

If you don't have a CoCEd directory/folder within %LocalAppData%, then something is definitely interfering with CoCEd's operation.  Find whatever that is and correct it.  Again, I'd suspect your anti-virus/-malware software—it's probably sandboxing CoCEd or something to that effect.

Amizoah

Jan 20, 2016
Hey sorry I'm new here. I was looking around the editor, and I wanted to edit the event when I first encountered phylla. If I want to edit the save and change it to that I did resume her the first time, and such what would be the value inputs? 0,1, or 2? Just a bit confused. Thanks for the help! 

Hey sorry I'm new here. I was looking around the editor, and I wanted to edit the event when I first encountered phylla. If I want to edit the save and change it to that I did resume her the first time, and such what would be the value inputs? 0,1, or 2? Just a bit confused. Thanks for the help! 

Jk guys I figures it out

Lokey478

Oct 23, 2015
How do I edit the save files if I'm playing the game on an android device? I've tried using the editor and successfully edited it but everytime I try to use it nothing happens

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
How do I edit the save files if I'm playing the game on an android device? I've tried using the editor and successfully edited it but everytime I try to use it nothing happens

Like you edit it successfully but when you play it, nothing has changed?

Lokey478

Oct 23, 2015
Try saving it after you've edited it, then loading the save again in the editor. Does everything revert back?

Yeah I did that and there was no issue but I just can't load the save on my phone. When I press load from file it just freezes there.

Feb 6, 2016
Not sure how im supposed to use this... when i use save to file it saves it as a general all file format, and not a slot format, and i cant change that, nor wiill the save editor allow me to use the files in my localstorage folder. would be easier if i culd make a file from scratch, but since thats not an option, what do i do exactly?

Lokey478

Oct 23, 2015
Can anyone please tell me how to edit the save file if I'm playing the game on an android phone?

Feb 6, 2016
Download the file and open it. Then open your save via Open > Local or Open > Import. Then edit your save with what you need. Then Save As > Local or Save As > Export.

tried that with my s\ave files using save to file. as i mentioned earlier, its not saved as a slot format, and i cant get it to save that way, it is instead saved as a generic "file" format. because of this i cannot use those files with the character editor, or it causes an error. likewise the save files in my localhost folder cannot be used either, the program does not recognize them as game save files.

i get this error when i try to use my save files

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.ArrayVM`1..ctor(AmfObject obj, Func`2 selector) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 267
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.GameVM..ctor(AmfFile file, GameVM previousVM, Boolean isRevampMod) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\GameVM.cs:line 69
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.VM.Load(String path, SerializationFormat expectedFormat, Boolean createBackup) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 127
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.ImportRootVM.OnClick() in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\FilesVM.cs:line 255
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)