CoCEd - A save editor

seden

Nov 8, 2016
As to android, it exist some explorator app, like ESfileexplorer, which allow even not rooted phone & tablet to access nearly (and in any case the folder where download are stored) without worry at all.

Kreegan

Sep 4, 2015
As to android, it exist some explorator app, like ESfileexplorer, which allow even not rooted phone & tablet to access nearly (and in any case the folder where download are stored) without worry at all.

Yes, ES File Explorer is vastly superior to the stock file manager that comes with mobile devices and provides additional features, such as file transfer between mobile devices over WiFi, that aren't provided natively on many devices. I've used it for years and wouldn't be without it, if I can help it. ;)

However, there have been many changes (in the alleged name of 'security') that have been made to the Android OS since version 4.2.2 that hinder or block certain ES File Explorer functions... particularly relating to moving/copying files between internal and external (aka SD card) storage and deleting files/folders created by another app. In such cases, I find that I have to use the stock file management app ('MyFiles') to perform the function in such cases. Even then it will show all protected/system folders as being 'empty' so you can't do anything with them. Without 'root' access you do not have the Superuser rights to manipulate any of those folders or even see the data in them.

Now, if you installed CoC using the APK, you may have access to the location where your save files are, without needing 'root' access. I can't speak to that, since I've never used the CoC .APK versions. But, for those who are still playing CoC using the Shockwave Flash versions (.SWF) as I do on both my PC and mobile devices, I know for a fact that you cannot access the storage location of the .SOL saved game files unless you have 'root' access. Just want to point that out for others who are using the Flash versions on their mobiles and are assuming they are doing something wrong when ES File Explorer is unable to even show where their saved game .sol files are. :-D

JakeCWolf

Aug 26, 2015
Having a weird issue, I open up a file with the editor, make some edits, save it to file and close the editor, open CoC in my browser load the file and it fails to load. I don't get the usual "Data loaded" message, there is no message at all just blank text area. I'm not using the CoC Revamp mod, only the last official version of CoC and the most recent version of the save editor.

Any feedback would be nice.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Having a weird issue, I open up a file with the editor, make some edits, save it to file and close the editor, open CoC in my browser load the file and it fails to load. I don't get the usual "Data loaded" message, there is no message at all just blank text area. I'm not using the CoC Revamp mod, only the last official version of CoC and the most recent version of the save editor.

Any feedback would be nice.

That's an issue with CoC and browsers. Go here:

https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

Download the projector file from that link according to your OS and use that instead. Browsers cannot use the Save File/Load File system anymore.

JakeCWolf

Aug 26, 2015
That's an issue with CoC and browsers. Go here:

https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

Download the projector file from that link according to your OS and use that instead. Browsers cannot use the Save File/Load File system anymore.

So, I'll be using this projector to "emulate" my web browser? I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox, so "Download the Flash Player content debugger for Firefox - NPAPI" would be the one I would want?

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I'd use "Download the Flash Player projector" under Windows specifically. I don't know if any the other programs work, but that one will work on any Windows Vista/7/10 machine.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
ETA on next update is only up to MadExile that seems to not log on forum for longer time. And I do have expectations for this since it possibly allow to make CoCED work with Xianxia saves too.

zelda_fan6284

ETA on next update is only up to MadExile that seems to not log on forum for longer time. And I do have expectations for this since it possibly allow to make CoCED work with Xianxia saves too.

@Ormael Thanks for the prompt response, I personally prefer the revamp mod myself although I do hope the two mods merge at some point due to certain content differences.

Certain things in each mod that I wish the two mods shared too many to list though.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@zelda_fan6284 Both mods would be sharing content so given time some of things form Xianxia will be ported to Revamp and vice versa. But I not want do it quite soon after content had debut in one of mods like Anzu. It's maybe week or two out so still quite new content for Revamp so I not wanna add it now to my mod to make Revamp fans feel I took somethng thatw as added to they fav mod already to my mod. Same with stuff that Kitteh will use in his mod.

On merge I thnk there is too much difference to make it happen. And I not certain if those differences can be negated atm.

zelda_fan6284

@Ormael, @Kitteh6660 I just wanna say thanks for great work you guys are doing, after Fen and Co. gave up on/abandoned C.O.C for something more shiny and different known as T.I.T.S, I like C.O.C better anyways partly cause it does certain things better then T.I.T.S, plus I really like the fact you guys added somethings they would never add like for example: water-sports (i.e piss related content.) I hope the water-sports gets even further expanded.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Fen and Co. moved to TiTS since it make money for them and CoC wouldn't be able make similar huge cash to live from it. Dunno if all chnages we making to CoC in mods are good but at least that way CoC still is not so dead.

marcopolo

Mar 5, 2017
[CoCEd: 1.2.23.15999, CoC Data: 30]
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
at CoCEd.ViewModel.ArrayVM`1..ctor(AmfObject obj, Func`2 selector) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 268
at CoCEd.ViewModel.GameVM..ctor(AmfFile file, GameVM previousVM, Boolean isRevampMod) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\GameVM.cs:line 69
at CoCEd.ViewModel.VM.Load(String path, SerializationFormat expectedFormat, Boolean createBackup) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 125
at CoCEd.ViewModel.ImportRootVM.OnClick() in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\FilesVM.cs:line 259
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

This worked fine in Windows 8. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Switched from AMD to Intel if that helps. I tried the other solutions in this thread such as deleting the saves folder and stuff like that but it didn't work. Also, I did not need to download net framework as the software said I already have it installed.

Last edited:

marcopolo

Mar 5, 2017
[CoCEd: 1.3.1.28497, CoC Data: 30]
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
at CoCEd.ViewModel.ArrayVM`1..ctor(AmfObject obj, Func`2 selector) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 268
at CoCEd.ViewModel.GameVM..ctor(AmfFile file, GameVM previousVM, Boolean isRevampMod) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\GameVM.cs:line 69
at CoCEd.ViewModel.VM.Load(String path, SerializationFormat expectedFormat, Boolean createBackup) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 125
at CoCEd.ViewModel.ImportRootVM.OnClick() in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\FilesVM.cs:line 259
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I tried it with the latest version. This is what it shows.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I've been running on Windows 10 without issue for over three months myself. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about code to know what any of that means, just that something don't like you touching it. Maybe double check to see what version of framework you have just to verify even though it said you have it, you never know. I know on my older Win7 machine, I actually needed to reinstall the latest net framework to get it to work at one point.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ohh Exile been 2 weeks ago online. Good Good Good. I thpe he may next time at least give eta on new update.

@TheMadExile If you would need some new data for my mod send me a pm so I will provide you with additional needed data to make coced work with Xianxia saves too.

marcopolo

Mar 5, 2017
I've been running on Windows 10 without issue for over three months myself. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about code to know what any of that means, just that something don't like you touching it. Maybe double check to see what version of framework you have just to verify even though it said you have it, you never know. I know on my older Win7 machine, I actually needed to reinstall the latest net framework to get it to work at one point.

Thanks for trying to help. I found a workaround with a different software... It's TiTsED by Chase-san. Nonetheless, I really appreciate the work that TheMadExile and other developers have done in making and maintaining this software.

Reactions: ace62354

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
@Tapu you should make a thread if you are taking the reigns that way we wont be lost and you can post updates easier.

That said i am really glad someone took up the torch :)

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

SapphireThunder

Jun 9, 2017
Question: how does the Katherine breast size in Editor exactly work? Instead of straight up number, it's shown as X^X^X^X.... and so on.

AxelMasters

Jun 17, 2017
Is it possible to edit a save so that you can have kelly and not get band from the farm, also can I edit the save to have all companions together without them clashing? Thanks in advance.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I can answer the followers question. To put it simply, no. You could in theory edit a save to have all followers, lovers, slaves, and such present on loading the save at least. I've never tried that before, but the problem isn't setting that part up, the problem is keeping it like that once you start playing. The camp NPC's that have leave conditions (PC too corrupt, doesn't like so-and-so, etc.) continuously run checks in the background each "turn" for said conditions. People will start leaving once you effectively do anything that moves the clock. It's like if you use the editor to give yourself more HP than what your HP cap allows...you'll start with that amount when you load the game, sure, but drop down to the cap once you commit and action that costs time.

Reactions: AxelMasters

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Person that was working on new versions (The Mad Exile) went silent for a longer time so there is near impossible to give any eta.