Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
Lol no worries. Appearance menu wasn't my first choice to look either but I knew I'd seen it before so I just started poking around.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
View attachment 27703
Can I please just have the option of switching to Kasyrra's previous busts here? Clothed Kasyyra just doesn't do it for me and it seems really silly to suddenly take away that option from players. It doesnt even need to be the default.
Or if champ doesn't impregnate her daughter.. which I thought was the reason behind her being strangely dressed

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Can I please just have the option of switching to Kasyrra's previous busts here? Clothed Kasyyra just doesn't do it for me and it seems really silly to suddenly take away that option from players. It doesnt even need to be the default.
That's weird, that bust shouldn't be there in the first place. We'll look into it.

• Love
Reactions: pinkcaitgang

sumdude3456

May 14, 2020
It is kinda weird that we can't ask Aileh about Calla at all. Seems like she'd have some info because the implication is that Kasyrra was the one getting Tollus's sacrifices, so as far as champ knows, the cat ended up neck deep in Aileh's sisters when she got chucked through the portal. It's hard to balance the characterization of a romantic interest who's technically on the other side of a war because it'd narratively suck if they just spilled all the secrets and plans, but even a passing "Hey hot dragon lady, what happened to cat," "Dunno" blurb seems better than champ forgetting to ask something like that.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
It is kinda weird that we can't ask Aileh about Calla at all. Seems like she'd have some info because the implication is that Kasyrra was the one getting Tollus's sacrifices, so as far as champ knows, the cat ended up neck deep in Aileh's sisters when she got chucked through the portal. It's hard to balance the characterization of a romantic interest who's technically on the other side of a war because it'd narratively suck if they just spilled all the secrets and plans, but even a passing "Hey hot dragon lady, what happened to cat," "Dunno" blurb seems better than champ forgetting to ask something like that.
I don't think that portal would lead to Aileh's sisters - only the portal Kas created goes there specifically, presumably the portal she originally came through goes to a different location.

sumdude3456

May 14, 2020
I don't think that portal would lead to Aileh's sisters - only the portal Kas created goes there specifically, presumably the portal she originally came through goes to a different location.
Fair point, I thought I saw a dev imply it more directly in the Discord but I could be misremembering. That being said, Aileh is also the only person that we can talk to from Mareth who might have up to date info on what might've happened to Calla so it would still make sense to ask her, at least to me.

Reactions: Grainy

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Fair point, I thought I saw a dev imply it more directly in the Discord but I could be misremembering. That being said, Aileh is also the only person that we can talk to from Mareth who might have up to date info on what might've happened to Calla so it would still make sense to ask her, at least to me.
That is... a good point. I'll probably write something for that when I'm done with my current projects.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
idk, I'm not on the discord, so I couldn't tell you anything about that. But yeah, being able to ask Aileh - or having an event where Cait does once you and Alieh have become closer, or something, makes a lot of sense to me.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I would love a toggle somewhere in the inventory that switches the ghostlight on/off instead of it requiring a visit to Evergreen - I got the ghostlight in the first place because I don't want my champ to have a dick, and it's annoying when scenes then just start by default acting as if my champ has a dick. Being able to turn that off by default and only flick it on to access the few scenes I'd want to have it for seems much more appealing than having it always on - with the way that it's parsed in sex-scenes as-is, I see very little notable difference between just having it and growing a dick, and it's important to me to not have a dick in this game, so, yeah. I mean, I'd prefer that you can have it and have it on but narration still treats you as not having a dick up until you select a sex scene that involves you having one, but I know that's more work, so just a quick toggle in the inventory or in appearance settings or something would be absolutely great, and shouldn't require almost any rewriting, just a little coding.
Yeahhhh. I know that I don't refer to it turning on or existing unless the scene actually requires Champ to pitch, but that also requires parser use that's a little unusual and that not every author accounts for. The toggle in the appearance menu helps.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
Yeahhhh. I know that I don't refer to it turning on or existing unless the scene actually requires Champ to pitch, but that also requires parser use that's a little unusual and that not every author accounts for. The toggle in the appearance menu helps.
Yeah, I didn't know the parser existed - the ideal for me wouldn't be the ideal for everyone so this is plenty.

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
Wait for it to be fixed.

nb: So far as I know, this isn't directed at you. I'd rather address problems to people who can code and upload something about them. Your reply just inspired me to elaborate, and made a good starting point for doing so.

Due to the time and number of game updates passed with no fix and no communication, I'm not convinced reporting and waiting is enough, or even that coders are aware of the problem - especially since I am not alone in reporting some of these errors. Even if bothering some contributing writers and/or bumping the thread daily (which might get me moderated) somehow leads to fixes (dubious), this obviously isn't something anyone should have to do.

The issue is compounded by major inconsistencies in staff behaviour when it comes to responding to bug reports and/or moving them to the "fixed" section. A few close looks at that forum can say quite a bit.

If it wasn't clear, this is also a gripe, and my gripes with the game tend to be meta. I went to quite a lot of effort picking out and reporting dozens, possibly low hundreds, of errors as I played. Though this wasn't the main reason, I stopped in part because it felt, due to few fixes and almost no communication, like most of it wasn't even noticed. What good can an unread bug report accomplish as it gets buried, sinking deeper and deeper into the bowels of the forum?

When documenting and reporting all the errors within a single branch of a single encounter can take multiple hours in some cases (typically recent or seldom-used content, e.g. Halloween Witch Kas or being caught fleeing corrupted lupines), and others can take multiple hours because I need a new game to be sure of something or to create a save, such a persistent lack of feedback or change is very discouraging to me.

I don't even know what would be reasonable to ask for, with Savin not exactly running a multi-million-euro studio. I just don't like the current situation. So I'm griping about it. In the gripes thread.

IDK.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
And that's fair, it's not much I can do about on my part. You're better off pinging the codestaff about it privately if you want to get a more detailed reply.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
My gripes is that not a lot of our bad ends involve the companions or are pretty selective. Like how Komari body possession did not take Quin into account or how the Minoguards bad ends only focuses on two most popular companions and Cait.

I do not know, when I fuck up, I want to bring others down with me, you get?

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
I like Lyric I think she's neat and I like having her have a huge butt. But as she is inventory and I am usually doing adventuring in bulk I usually forget to feed her. Not that it's a problem itself really the game doesn't have that but I would like some sort of option to like maintain her at her maximum booty size by like increasing her passive drain on my currency (if she even does normally after the initial event since i don't pay much attention to it) perhaps like triple of whatever it normally would be. So that i don't have to go through the rigamarole of just like feeling weird about stuffing their face lol. This would just be like a setting for her to eat good in the background I don't know just a small thought.

Reactions: MellowNumel

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
Psst. B is writing a genie that can potentially do that for lyric.

While that is kind of strangely specific I am on board with this. I've peeked at some of that but I don't like browsing too much into things before they're out and kind of ruin what surprises might be in there for myself. This is good to know though thanks.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
B's plans for the genie (Oma) are very involved and includes multiple possible wishes as part of her interactions, one of which just happens to relate to another of B's characters. She's not there specifically for that one thing.

JuicyBoy

Jan 16, 2020
My personal gripe so far is as a female champion you are cut off from Kiyoko's content, unless you decide to grow a penis. I was hoping that as I continue with her quest, maybe Komari can send the player on a female only quest to find an alternative way to save her. If there is no other way, then how about a quest to enchant a strap-on to be able to secrete semen that way the female champion unlocks scenes with characters she couldn't have sex with before. It would give the female champion a reason to upgrade Gwyneth's nursery. This is my biggest gripe because I like to play as a female, and I don't want to have to become a herm just to free a companion. These sort of quests makes me believe that the game is best played as a male or herm.

• Angry
Reactions: MissSilissa

CuteBruiser

Sep 9, 2022
Pretty minor gripe but refreshing boons is a bit of a chore.

Also the fact that Willpower maxing is the only (?) party-wide boon you can get, which makes dumping Willpower the best choice in many cases.
This will probably be resolved in the future when more content is added, I imagine.

Reactions: Arai
Status
Not open for further replies.