Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

De3ta

Feb 17, 2022
can the gender option for male sex but perfered femme pronouns be trans like in TITS? or at least an option to not be shemale?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
can the gender option for male sex but perfered femme pronouns be trans like in TITS? or at least an option to not be shemale?
First, the question has been asked before and the answer was No. You can read some of Savin's earlier comments there for discussion of why the term is the one the game uses.

Second, because the game features naturally intersex characters as an element of several races as well as in-universe ways to transform one's body there are going to be situations where implying that they're transitioning would be equally inappropriate.

Third, TiTS is in the middle of a massive bottom-up recreation which has enabled the game to add in some features like customized terms which it didn't have before. That's not something this game has built in. While TiTS shares some writers in common with CoC2, it's not being worked on by the same team.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah "like in TiTs" should be the tell that it can't really be added, even before the Bottom up rework.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Okay, minor quibble, but it does surprise me Jae'lyn has no straightforward anal stuff where she catches. I mean there's a scene where we tease her with a butt plug, and a few threesomes where she catches it in the ass, but no solo anal. Just something I raised my eyebrow at.

Also, TIL we can have a dream about Etheryn with a pussy instead of a cock. Hmm.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
It's a dream that's all it is, those are just a whole wash of impossible things, like 10 Kiyokos.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Because it's a sequel to a game called Corruption of Champions - is "artifact title" a familiar concept to you?
Yes, and CoC 2 marketed itself as spiritual sequel which includes corruption.
The game has examples where Champion can force their will on others.l
The game, if developers veiled it, could decide that a corrupt champion could force a vagina onto Ryn or anyone for that matter. So Ryns opinion, so to peak, litterly does not matter.
So, in culmination, I see no point in Kibies rebutal based on the fact that that dream was all about being an evil bastard as it reflected the corrupt champions inner desires in which they ignore Ryns wants and autonomy for sake of some prime puss.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
And this is a game called Corruption of Champions 2.
The developers have been very clear that you shouldn't be using CoC1 as a basis to predict what CoC2 will do. That the word is in the title doesn't mean that every possible instance you can imagine of corrupting characters is going to be possible or of any interest to the writers. Tobs even has this to say on the matter:

Artifact Title.png

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
The developers have been very clear that you shouldn't be using CoC1 as a basis to predict what CoC2 will do. That the word is in the title doesn't mean that every possible instance you can imagine of corrupting characters is going to be possible or of any interest to the writers. Tobs even has this to say on the matter:

View attachment 22051
Also corruption in this game isn't inevitable, you can easily play this game as a (relatively) good character.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
And it's a dream where you are being an evil asshole to her.
There's one dream for DK Champ where they force Ryn to have a pussy, and there's one dream for all Champs where Ryn just, like, has a pussy and it's described in a way that implies that it's what she really wants.

This is Not True and is a relic of early-dev weirdness.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
OK, so once again, you are agreeing with me but presenting it in a way that makes it seem that you and I are on a complete different wavelength. We agree that it is up to developers to decided if they want something in the game or not. Thay in game justification do not matter. And that game can contain corruption of almost any kind, not that it should.
That the word is in the title doesn't mean that every possible instance you can imagine of corrupting characters is going to be possible or of any interest to the writers. Tobs even has this to say on the matter:
And did I ever claim otherwise? Where do I ever claim this?

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I always assumed the sequel naming was because coming up with another sexual acronym would be a pain in the ass. I mean Kas is potentially a grandmother, so VAG: Very Angsty Gilf, would work but doesn't sound as good.

Also I was always told that hamburgers were invented in Hamburg. Was I lied to?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I always assumed the sequel naming was because coming up with another sexual acronym would be a pain in the ass. I mean Kas is potentially a grandmother, so VAG: Very Angsty Gilf, would work but doesn't sound as good.
The next FenCo game will be called Adventures on Slutty Seas, totes true.
And did I ever claim otherwise? Where do I ever claim this?
You reguarly bring up the title of the game whenever it's pointed out that some Corruption-adjacent content isn't getting in the game. We're capable of reading between the lines.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
True, but they're rubbish that can still reproduce so it could count. Besides, at the rate we're going, we'll probably be able to knock up Aileh. That'd definitely count towards making Kas a gilf.

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021

View attachment 22051
Oh I actually didn't know that. Never played the 1st CoC game but read some wiki stuff through it. Well I read somewhere Savin made it corruption of champions 2 instead of whole new world/seperate game just to make a demon waifu. Which is valid. Also to probably ensure pc can keep going through the story without facing negative consequences bc some of the corruption gains beside fucking imps/demons seem pretty cruel.

Sorry if I also made same line of reasoning? I just kind of assumed.

Mostly play corrupt champs for dark champions personality dialogue changes and the horny demon shenanigans. But I'm pretty curious how corrupt routes will play through though. I did make specific champ for me to binge read through corrupt routes later on. I like the variety in this game after all.

Reactions: Fleep

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
And it's a dream where you are being an evil asshole to her.
I think you're thinking of something else. This one is a totally normal, consensual rug-munching scene.

The elf queen is reclining on a grand throne of ice, cushioned by furs and fanned by barely-clothed attendants despite the freezing cold. Her pale skin shines with scented oils, perfectly accentuating her well-toned muscles and full breasts. To your bemusement, you realize that the powerful queen before is Etheryn, although hardly the Etheryn you know. Perhaps this is what Etheryn feels like inside, the Etheryn you helped create — she only wears jewelry, large bands of silver and iron, studded with the most opulent of star sapphires and flawless diamonds. From your kneeling position, you have an excellent view of her shaved crotch and prominent flower of womanhood, which she flaunts casually, her legs spread as she looks down on you.

You’re vaguely aware of the elf ladies and lords sitting in the stands, the high nobility of pale elf society come to watch the spectacle. Rare is it that the Queen herself presides over trials. Whichever way this goes, no doubt it will be the talk of the Winter City for days to come, if not weeks.

Etheryn speaks a single word, pointing towards her pussy, a triumphant smile playing on her lips. The language isn’t one that you understand, but the meaning is clear — lick. You need no further encouragement, eager to please your mistress and try to win her pardon. Far more important is the taste of Etheryn’s cool, sweet nectar, which you lap up greedily. Your queen moans as you plunge your flexible tongue into her folds, using every technique within your considerable repertoire to please her.

Her lean, powerful legs wrap around your head, trapping you in an intimate embrace as she arches her back, shaking as she cries out. Clear nectar flows onto your tongue, a deliciously sweet ambrosia. You drink and drink from her ceaseless fountain, getting your fill and then some.

Is it enough? Will it be enough?

Silence reigns in the stands. As the massed ladies and lords watch with bated breath, the Queen of the Winter City stretches out her hand, her fingers balled in a fist. All await the verdict.

A quick flick of Etheryn’s wrist, and she points her thumb downwards.

Guilty.

Shakily, you raise your head, peering left and right at the Queen’s guards. With the same triumphant smile, Etheryn repeats her command, pointing to one of them. The guard inclines her head ever so slightly, then begins to unbuckle her armor in full view of all of the court.

When you wake up, you are drooling slightly. Taking a moment to wipe your mouth, you tuck yourself back in and head to bed.
There's one dream for DK Champ where they force Ryn to have a pussy, and there's one dream for all Champs where Ryn just, like, has a pussy and it's described in a way that implies that it's what she really wants.

This is Not True and is a relic of early-dev weirdness.
So there was a point where they either seriously considered giving Ryn a vag, or just weren't tightly managing whether content involving her having a pussy was an open question?
The only beings Kas has sired/birthed are imps, and I don't think anyone really considers imps to be living children, rather than rubish.
No, she doesn't have biological children. Hasn't stopped her from "creating" those dragon girls who are totally-not-Ember from CoC1, or corrupting several creatures to breed corrupted versions of themselves to serve in her army. To her, that's good enough for now but she definitely has her eye on learning how to make actual babies again, whether as a sire or carrier.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Early content can be kind of weird because some things got changed between initial concept and execution, or writers were working with other characters and weren't sure on all the details, or a combination of the two. Going back and cleaning that stuff up isn't the highest on the priority list.
(how tf do they fly like that though).
Kasyrra: Magic, bitches!

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Random silly gripe since I like to play mage characters - Sanctified Gladius doesn't have the catalyst tag but the new Flametongue Blade does. Catalyst apparently only affects accuracy and crit right? So why does Flametongue Blade have catalyst tag with no accuracy or crit stats, but the Gladius does have crit stats but no catalyst tag. Mysteries upon mysteries. o_o

Yeah, I was a bit baffled at that too. Overall I think the Flametongue Blade needs its stats overhauled, as it’s pretty garbage tier atm. Personally I would suggest bumping up its stats to be roughly on par with the Control Rod, since at the moment you pretty much need to use a totem in your offhand to be able to cast effectively. I’d like to see the stats on the War Staff tweaked as well, adding at least 10 Spellpower (as it’s a bit weird for a staff to not have any), maybe drop the Evasion a bit, and bump the damage up to match the Blade Staff.

The other thing I’d like to see is the addition of some lower cooldown Black Mage fire spells. I had my hopes up when we got the new Tomes in MinoTown, but unfortunately we got another long CD fire spell. Specifically, I was kind of hoping Flash Fire would be fire equivalent of Ray of Frost or Power Wave, but no dice on that.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Per Discord, you probably shouldn't take the numbers of the newest gear (Flametongue Blade being the explicit example) as being set in stone because the Big Combat Rework that's Balak's major project for the year is going to result in a lot of numbers changing one way or the other.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Per Discord, you probably shouldn't take the numbers of the newest gear (Flametongue Blade being the explicit example) as being set in stone because the Big Combat Rework that's Balak's major project for the year is going to result in a lot of numbers changing one way or the other.

Fair enough. Just seems odd to make a catalyst weapon that can’t even benefit from the flag. Also, as I mentioned above the lack of spellpower on the War Staff just felt like an odd choice. Hopefully those will both get overhauled.

JohnyDoe

Mar 11, 2022
I feel like theres not enough actual corruption of the characters, like in the first game. I havent seen any of my companions or spouses have corrupted story lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.